A comic series about animal rescue. Compassionate Heroes, for Let's Adopt!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: A comic series about animal rescue. Compassionate Heroes, for Let's Adopt!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A comic series about animal rescue. Compassionate Heroes, for Let's Adopt!

My name is Viktor Larkhill, I'm the Founder of Let's Adopt!, Turkey's largest animal welfare organization. More than an organization we consider ourselves a movement, completely independent and free or any legal or administrative restraint.
    With a network of 22.000 members we have overseas chapters in the USA, Canada, Spain, Germany and South Africa.
    NGO’s are not founded to pay obedience to the state but in the contrary to force the government to apply the law and further to widen the scope of civil and animal rights.

Let's Adopt is radically different and we use every single media platform to increase awareness about animal rights and animal rescue/adoption, from now on this will also include comics.

To know more about us please visit www.letsadopt.wordpress.com (posts are bilingual)

About a month ago one of or members, a world-class Turkish comic artist, contacted us and put her art at the service of animal rights. We then coordinated with the largest media in the country the publication of a weekly story on comic format featuring an inspirational story of animal rescue. We called it Compassionate Heroes. Three of the largest newspapers in the country agreed to publish it as part of their social awareness obligations. We have also received expressions of interests from newspapers and publications as far as South Africa and South Korea.

Unfortunately, the high profile character of this project attracted a lot of undesired attention and our artist found herself under attack by some very unsavory ultra-nationalist characters. Due to this we both agreed it would be better for her to distance herself from the project.

So.. what do we need:

1. We need a world-class comic artist willing put his art at the service of a completely innovative project. As much as we would like to work with aspiring artist the publication has already been agreed and the newspapers require a high level of excellence.
    2. The project WILL BE PAID, but due to the fact that this organization does not raise funds and that ALL our funds are spent on our rescue efforts we would sincerely appreciate you took this into consideration.
    3. Finally we need a courageous artist. This work is likely to be criticized by ultra nationalist movements. You will have the choice to publish under your name or a pseudonym.

So...World-class, generous and brave.

Any of you out there?

Contact v.larkhill@googlemail.com

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm having a hard time understanding what ultra-nationalist have against animal rescue/welfare. Would you care to explain a bit more so that foreigners like myself can better understand what we might be getting into?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the right wing of American politics doesn't particularly like environmentalists and animal rights activism was probably what he meant. I don't know how they are in Europe though so I can't say.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys (or maybe girls), your ignorance is insensitive. If you don't know anything about the rest of the world maybe you shouldn't comment on it in public.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I assure you it's an honest question Atreides, and I think I've formulated it in a polite manner. It's not meant in any way to be detrimental of the OP, on the contrary! It's just not common for artists to be pressured into quiting and I think it's of public interest for us to know more precisely what we'll be facing. Being unaware of the state of animal welfare in Turkey is not equivalent to "not knowing anything about the rest of the world" and in fact, I think most of us aren't well informed on the topic. Therefore, better for applicants to know exactly what to expect (therefore knowing if they can or can't take the pressure) then having the OP having a second artist forced to quit.

I hope we understand each other better now, my goal wasn't to be "insensitive" but this is an important question.

Last edited by freiheit; August 26th, 2009 at 11:35 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to freiheit For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.