Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    sweet, I love the last step. Watching out of the car is a rare point of view in art, at least I think so ;P
    Looks promising, now finish it.
    My Sketchbook | My blog

Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black. ~japanese proverb

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Screaming Continues!

Ares: Thanks for feedback. I think it's quite rare indeed. I'm having a hard time finding a reference in the net, luckily car isn't rare irl, so I got myself in my friend's car and took a quick sketch I'll finish it, but i have to settle something first (read below.)
    ---
    Here's an update of my previously posted self portrait. I usually stuck at this stage of painting, it's almost becoming a myth for me. With this painting, i'm planning to bust the said myth and set myself free Help me out guys, any suggestion will be much appreciated
    Attachment 894622
    Last edited by witcrack; February 1st, 2010 at 05:29 PM.
    I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and tumblr
    Old sketchbook, in case anyone interested.

Thanks
    Try to focuse more on planes. All planes facing the same direction gets the same amount of light. so in other words the same color.

Tim

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DStraX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DStraX: Agreein on the planes, thank you for your thought. I still have much to learn especially when it comes to painting.

---

So here's an update of the Screaming SP. I learned that in painting, i tend to lose the shape and value, i think that is what scares me to do painting, be it digital or traditional. In digital, luckily, the corrections didn't leave marks, though i think i need marks a bit sometime to keep track. Ah well, practice, practice, practice

Attachment 895817
    also on dA and tumblr

Thanks
    Hey witcrack the updates are sweet! As mentioned before the view point from the car is interesting, I love the screaming self portrait too quite powerful! In regards to the ent/mecha i think it just needs refining make the tree parts look more woody and the mech parts look more mechy? Hope that makes sense? Anyhoo keep on trucking!

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.
    (Albert Einstein)

Thanks
    Hey man, you're very skilled and you render stuff like a pro. I have no doubt that you can make any illustration that you want. I noticed what you said about drawing from the mind, we're all in the same train, no doubt. But now, you say that you're reading Loomis; copying his guidelines is good, but if you can, try to post your own figures from you own mind.
    I honestly can't believe how good you render and paint (talking about the frog), and your lines are so clean. Please do practice your figures, so that you can rule the world fo illustration and give me some place as duke or something.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lennon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Latigid: Thank you for your suggestion. That made sense very well. I'll go and try to finish it after the child beggar.
    Lennon: Thank you for your feedback and huuuge compliment! I did posed some figures from my mind, well most of my finish-ish drawings are extracted from this "cracked" mind . About my rendering, is it that good, really? That is really encouraging to see someone liking my render. I recently gathered a lot of weak points in my current painting and just want to take a shortcut, like cropping and darken the shadows to unreadable blacks. Unwise. So your words mean a lot to me. Thank you .

Well now the update,
    I can't wait until my screaming SP got finished (haven't got idea on what can be added more on it), so i jump to my current personal stuff, the crying child beggar. Not much done visually, but here's what i did: I added the width more to the right, i think the composition is better now. I also muted some colors on the background a bit, to gain focus for the child, still have to shift the hues for the sky, i think, it's too popped out. Refining the main figure and details here and there. Visual-wise, I like it. But i kinda confused to what made her cries, really...
    Attachment 896168
    also on dA and tumblr

Thanks
    Hey witcrack, first off thanks for your feedback on my sketchbook work is was much appreciated and I'll try to incororate the lasso tool into my current digital piece (still getting to grips with PS but it's going well so far).

I really enjoyed your pencil sketches as they got across great characterization and storytelling (the small boy with the adults legs in the foreground felt like a very powerful composition to me so I'd love to see that sketch turned into a digital piece), while also being nice and creative. It was also nice to see your workflow as you progressed from ideas to final pieces as thats something I'm still adapting to with digital art, pencil sketching always used to be get it right first time or start over, so its a real nice freedom to undo.
    Your digital artwork is great as well which makes your comments on my work really worthwhile, because if i can achieve similar results to you I'll be very happy.

Wish I could give you some constructive criticism but you seem to have a handle on things so just keep updating mate.

Chris
    What's all this lead doing on my paper?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=178473

12. The Following User Says Thank You to himself For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey,thanks for commenting on my skethbook!
    That self-portrait is surely intimidating!
    The painting and the colours on it are gorgeous,it just needs some refinement now!
    The latest painting is a bit dull colour-wise IMHO,but as it is just the start,that can be corrected.

Cheers!
    MY SKETCHBOOK
    Friends' sketchbooks:
    Novbert
    BluezAce
    CarlSpringer

LtPlissken

"Storytelling is my passion.Shadows and lights are my muse.Art is my first love"-Shawn Martinbrough

http://www.freerice.com/-Help the starving by playing a trivia-each right answer means 10 grains of rice for the starving people!

http://durian.blender.org/-Awesome 3D movie project with Blender,a free 3D software!Check it out!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DSmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Hey wc what's up? Nice scream painting... it's got some good emotions in it.

I think something should be done about the teeth. The teeth don't relate to the head well enough to read as solidly set in the head--they look like dentures falling out. I think if you raise the back teeth (the back of the plane that the teeth sit on) a bit things will look better.

Good work though. It's coming along.
    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

16. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Diggin the scream!
    The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    witcrack, Bman, purb, Jeff
    kostas, danny

Thanks
    I like the scream too but I think it's coming out a bit too blue. Maybe some contrasting colour in the background and a different light coming form off canvas to bring out interesting highlights?

Not sure if that makes sense.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonHickey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Hey you have some great things going here, I think if you draw a lot you will be able to really develop a cool style. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,915 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Great SB witcrack! Although I like some of that earlier stuff mor e- the pumpkin/scarecrow head page is really nice - as are a lot of the life sketches - I also like the four kids all stacked up. Keep it up!
    What would Caravaggio do?

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

Thanks

How are they now??

Witcrack talking to himself (Haha! it does feel strange ): Thank you for your compliment. About the undo, i once have a t-shirt that says "God Bless Multiple Undo!!" , but it's now a God Damn. I think undo was what slowing me down in my early digital learning , especially inking! It's not that it's useless, though. Every advantages that digital has to offer should be used with great caution, i think. Be intelligent with them There's spawns of Satan in Photoshop more than in any softies (painting softies), so approach them with much-much care! Don't let them outwit you!

DSmith: Thank you! How is the painting now (below updates)? Better or?

p sage: Thank you! Really appreciate your thought about the teeth. I've done something about it (below). How is it now?

krel: Thank you, mate!

JasonHickey: You mean like burst of light or spot light? I don't know, I've tried adding that, but not liking the result. Maybe it's just me wasn't able to apply it right? I've shift the color a bit now though, adding some reds to the background and a bit somewhere to adjust with. How is it now? Oh btw, how's your frog, man?

Liffey: Thank you for your feedback. Yeah i should draw some studies more. Still lives are in top priority now, followed by rotating heads, more anatomies (of animals too) and also things i haven't much laid my hands on: vehicles and enviros. Still have so much things to catch up!

JeffX99: Glad to have you here. I actually feel that way too about my earlier drawings. I think it's "wilder", imagination and expression wise Life affairs had got me tamed without me realizing it So thank you for reminding me!

---

And now the updates, they're still the last two paintings. I call it done for the screaming self-portrait and now concentrating to finish the beggar kid piece. Crits and comments will be much appreciated:
    Attachment 901740

Here's the latest update for the crying girl (still haven't idea to what made her cry *sighs*)
    Attachment 901744

Oh and, i plan to print the Screaming SP (size 60 cm in tall). I haven't print any of my digital works before, so if there's any of you have any tips to do so, please tell me
    Last edited by witcrack; February 9th, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
    also on dA and tumblr

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast