Sketchbook: The Unconvincing World of Witcrack - Page 8

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Auslander: Dude, dont be a dick. Learn to take critique the right way. Your helping no one with that attitude, not yourself, nor anyone else on CA.

Your here to learn right? Good, now quit your whining and start doing so.

The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    witcrack, Bman, purb, Jeff
    kostas, danny

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    auslander: wat a rant lol, perhaps we should all just calm down and focus our energy's to our own work. Everyone is pre-disposed to do what ever they feel through art, i can appreciate what witcrack is doing. He is still progressing let him experiment and work in whatever way he wants.

so i haven't commented here before, but i think your doing well. i agree with others when they say they would like to see more studies of the foundations. but i can see you are quite chaotic in your work thats fine i was like that still kind of am lol!!!
    just dont take people's crits the wrong way and you will be awesome.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to matty_mcmullen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cameli, kingkostas, arestocrat, JasonHickey, krel : You guys are showing great support. Thanks for the love!

prsnsweeney:Which illustration? But well, prob'ly doesn't matter much, cuz i do all my works in Painter and finish them in Photoshop or vice versa. I never use any other software. But i like to practice my traditional skills, especially with acrylics or oil. Thanks for dropping by
    jeremyg0rd0n: Thanks and i agree about the branch under the Owl. It's still not finished yet, so it's nice of you to point that out
    Avvatar: Thanks for dropping by. Just stay tuned and i can only hope that you will like my future updates/stuffs
    Angel Intheuk: Thank you No! don't prod it, 'cuz it's fake! it will just fell off You're doing great yourself there in your SB.
    ThomasM: Hmmm yeah, it's been a while since i last playing with ink. I'll do some more of it if i got the chance. Thanks for dropping by
    purb36: Yeah, i couldn't disagree. I realized that the muscle is a pasted map on a 3D model. I guess it can't got stretched properly,yeah? Thanks again for the book reference. I have Bridgmann and will look into it further again.
    Auslander: I can only say that i deserve the crit but NOT the tone/attitude. The "stiff" word i said was meant as a crit not an insult. Sorry if it sounds otherwise to you. I will do more life study and go back to the foundations. Thanks, at least, for checking back here.
    JasonHickey: Good luck on the TAD, i wish i can go there too. But you know, works are stuffing up and all.
    matty_mcmullen: Hey, thanks for dropping a comment I agree about the foundation studies, but i am in a veeeery lazy state atm for doing them. Maybe after i finished some project and have some free time. And after that i will squeeze some schedule for my personal works and studies so i can focus on them more properly.

Now on to the update,
    Here's the things i have started but not (yet) finished:
    Name:  sketch-man-in-overcoat.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  59.4 KB
    Name:  clown-02.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  154.3 KBName:  clown-02b_001.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  81.6 KB

And here's for the project i currently do (it's that book again still, for my college assignment ) :
    Name:  sb.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  58.6 KBName:  Seperti-saya-seorang-turis-di-NY.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  46.3 KB
    Name:  kaki.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  127.9 KB

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya Wit. nice project update I'm particularly taken with the trees in the top left of the first sketch, nice style. Love the clown, the colours work well, I like the textured one best, is it painter you use?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In a way, I like the textures of the first clown better.
    It also made the face the focal point when the rest isnt as carefully rendered.

Keep them coming duder

The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    kostas, danny

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya Witcrack

Nice seeing all these experiments in style! That owl looks lovely!

Don't be shy to use those "cheats" you mention, as long as you honestly try to get things right beforehand

-------------------------------------------------
    SKETCHBOOK

MorArt - Portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,968 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hello mate .I like what you do with the clown.It would be nice to keep pushing the values some more, because i think it needs more contrast and i think the style goes to a well rendered one and if so, needs ,some more rendering.
    You are doing very good.Keep it up!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I second what king said!
    And in the first piece, the colors look a bit muddy, like if you just blend 2 colors together, that's not the best idea... Try to play with the whole spectrum of colors! Don't just blend colors (even if it's tempting in Painter) but add colors with different hues and saturation in between! Will look much more lively. Hope that helps you a bit.
    Keep it up, dude!

My Sketchbook | My blog

Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black. ~japanese proverb

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Angel: Thank you Yeah, i use Painter for most of my paintings. I use Photoshop too for finishing purposes, which is currently not much About the textured one, read right below.

krel
    : Yeah, i agree the textured one looks better, but you know, i'm working my pushing muscles out If i ever finish this one, then i will sure to bring back the textury feel to it.

Morgado
    : Hey Morgado, what's up Thanks for your feedback and the advise on "how to cheat right", i will keep that in mind

Kingkostas
    : Yeah, i'm trying to push it (in my scarce free-time) to a more rendered look. Agreed on the contrast, thank you

Ares
    : Agreed on the color range, thank you and yeah, i sometimes find it hard to control Painter's bleed system when i try its wet mediums The brushes' opacity in Painter isn't that practical to use either (for me, at least). I usually get rid of the muddiness later with chalk brush or pencils.

Thanks everyone for your support. Let's get on to the updates:
    This is a continuation on the clown, pushing the contrast and add some more colors as king and ares advised me to:
    Name:  clown-02b_002.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  73.0 KB

A closer look:
    Name:  clown-02b_002-detail-face.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  176.6 KB
    Need more advise and crit on this one. Have you got any?

Here's some master studies i started, it's "Falstaff" by Eduard von Grützner:
    Name:  MS---Falstaff_001.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  36.0 KB
    I plan on doing this one after i finished the clown.

And here's some random stuffs:
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  47.6 KB
    Name:  Desert-swordman.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  28.9 KB
    When will i be able to have my sketches look presentable... Practice more drawings with the old pencil and paper and stop asking "when will i" if you haven't done so!!! *slaps own head*

I was recently realizing that finishing a portrait painting can be a good excercise to hone my painting skill, but not necessarily my drawing skill... Gotta be smart now, i .

Any comment, crit, advise, will be appreciated
    Good day, everyone!

Last edited by witcrack; May 17th, 2010 at 02:28 AM.
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to witcrack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I came in here to find some heads. All thats looking back is this clown.
    Keep it up though. Cheers!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work is looking good man, but yeah I also think that doing pencil and charcoal drawings is very important for now; drawing will be very important even in your paintings. Painting studies are fine to do on the side though too. As for the clown, I think you could push values in his shirt a bit more. Keep doing studies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't mistake drawing with pencil\charcoal and painting with oils\photoshop\whatever. See it for what it is: organization (of shapes), structure. So for instance, you could say that abstract painters aren't very good at drawing, but its actually the inverse, they excel at it, because they are masters at organization and playing contrasts, for instance.

Indeed you should do more sketches (30 sketches for each finished piece, for instance), but that doesn't mean they should be via line and pencil.
    Try to solve the forms with the less strokes possible (think well before applying them... not easy... atleast for me ), and try to have all the information the finished will have, but of course more simplified.

Hope that helps

-------------------------------------------------
    SKETCHBOOK

MorArt - Portfolio

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morgado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the clown more now that you pushed the values some more because it like making it more 3d and in better relation with the depth.No need to keep on this one if you dont want, cause it will still be good to go to a new one(keeping your enjoyment and interest on high levels) and keeping and applying what you understand each time.So take what you understood by doing the clown(that means, what are the better features in comparisons with some older works and how you did them) and apply to the next one on which you will search to get another useful experience.
    keep up the good work

a little late comment but i was sad about the reaction of auslander because with his reaction he may harm his way of improvement trying more to seem better than someone else rather than working hard and advancing, and thats something even for the greater technisians out there.No needs for fights in here, only trade of knowledge

Last edited by kingkostas; May 20th, 2010 at 10:52 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    B-Man: Yea, i said that right But the clowns have heads too, don't they count? Well there you go (in the update below ), will do more still, i have prepared a 4 x 4 grid now. Might do them tonight

jeremyg0rd0n: Pencils are king! Haha. Yeah, i always enjoy drawing with them before i have my wacom. I think it's time for me to get over the wacom euphoria, now it just another tool in my arsenal.

Morgado: Actually, i want to be able to do abstract paintings too someday Thanks for your advice, i realize that i lack organization aspects in my works and i agree abot the importance of having 30 sketches for one finished piece. Will do it whenever i want to do a more thoughtful concept to finish. You're showing great support, i appreciate that, thank you

kingkostas: Yeah, man. You got it right, i am no longer want to finish it now I've been concentrating too much on the face and left the other parts untreated. Now i got bored . Thanks for the advice, will keep them in mind.

And here's the updates:

Some drawings for "The Official - Draw From "What Does Everyone Look Like?"", here's Angela and Pixel Chetah:
    The Unconvincing World of Witcrack
    The Unconvincing World of Witcrack

Here's a drawing, done while experimenting with GIMP's new patch (it now have a similar blending feature like Painter):
    Name:  Geledek.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  86.4 KB

and some heads (also in GIMP), first sheet is failed, second is better and the girl in the right corner is done using a reference:
    Name:  Heads-w-Pencil.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  73.3 KB
    Name:  heads-with-pencil-2.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  86.4 KB

I will concentrate more in drawing for now, but will paint occasionally too. Gotta keep things in balance.

also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your stuff's looking good, and that guy with the lightning bolt through his head is pretty neat; it looks like you have a pretty good understanding of body structure. I would recommend more studies though (anatomy, value studies, gestures, composition, etc.) Those kinds of studies will help you push your work to the next level. Keep working hard

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jeremygordon89 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I always think I have already commented in here at one point or another, augh! Thanks for the constant support on my sketches, it's always re-assuring to have someone visit your sketchbook regularly. You've come far since your first page of this SB, and it doesnt look like you're slowing down. Your figures and ideas have really solidified, and those faces are looking really good on that last post, and your clown work lately is creeping me out, haha! I also really enjoyed that pixel tree on the last page, it's very pleasing to the eyes.

Digi paints are looking good as well, keep on practicing your figure drawing and anatomy studies, you're on the right track!

I'll be back for more

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man the clown looks awesome,just put some darker values around the face so that it becomes the center!ur sketches are also looking better and better.Keep it up maaaaaaaaaaan!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cameli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking good, specially the second one.When digital rendering, pay some more attention in the values around the mouth.maybe they need to be less extreme(more inbetweens).For example that area in the second one looks great(even if he is not smiling).
    keep up the good work

28. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook ^_^

You have some great things here! =) I like....post more =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Likin how the clown turned out mate
    And the second drawing in last post looks like the guy from Conchords, haha

The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    kostas, danny

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks all for your comment, crit and advice. I really appreciate it.
    Austen and Kristoff: Welcome. It's great to have you here

Well, i'm not doing too well in updating my SB thread these past couple of weeks. I'm having a massive art block atm , but luckily i have something else to keep me occupied (beside art) and i think i'm gonna focus on that something else for now (at least until the end of the month). I'll come back refreshed

Well, here's a collage of self-photographs (no edits been made to each of the photographs), took each one of them with a tripod, you might figure out how bored i was . Slightly off-topic but at least i reply with a picture
    Name:  090329-2.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  72.5 KB

Last edited by witcrack; June 8th, 2010 at 03:41 AM.
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay so, all of a sudden i have this flash of idea in my head and managed to doodled it down as a concept, but still, i won't be able to push it sometimes soon now. It's about the web (internet)... something that goes along the word i made up while doodling it, "intertwined isn't necessarily connected" or some sort... heheh Well, I am quite liking it. Here it is
    Name:  This-is-the-web.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  52.9 KB

also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witcrack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like the new concept, you can make a lot out of it
    push it further please!

My Sketchbook | My blog

Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black. ~japanese proverb

35. The Following User Says Thank You to arestocrat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, diggin this! Second what arestocrat said

The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    kostas, danny

37. The Following User Says Thank You to krel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting thing there with that concept =)
    There could be a whole lot of naked bodies! ;-)
    Are their hands are tangled or just seem to go into that wires?=) pretty interesting =) dig it dig it ^_^

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristoff For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YO witcrack!Where the fuck are u??????????We need updates!Continue the last one its a nice idea!

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cameli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    relax and enjoy.I like the photographs and the spirituality in there.The concept is very interesting
    Keep up whatever you do

43. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all! Thanks for your comments. I'm still here
    Not much to say about my art-life, i'm not leaving it though, just going with it (very) slowly.

Here's a couple of quick drawings i recently made. Creatures:

A murloc:
    Name:  murloc.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  49.9 KB

A summoned gigantic beast, massive strength, sloppy flyer but excellent jumper. I plan to add the summoner (human warlock, tiny in size) somewhere in the bottom area.
    Name:  THE-SUMMON.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  57.1 KB

and.... That's all. Heheh.

About the "inter-twined" concept, I currently work on it (i do, really ).
    Thank you guys, for your appreciation

Last edited by witcrack; July 3rd, 2010 at 02:09 AM.
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The intertwined thing is genius! What a flash of inspiration, and so effectively sketched. Thats the sort of thing im afraid to touch for fear of ruining it. Good thing we have digital media. Go nuts on it man, just keep that sketch! I like where the creatures are going too. Maybe another angle on that disgusting fish monster. Good work, nice sketchbook.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Scanlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Halo bang Witcrack, lama tak bersua!
    keren2 nih bang gmbarnya, yang si ikan nya yg trakhir itu lucu.. + perbanyak lagi ni gmbar figure nya
    Keep posting bang! =D

48. The Following User Says Thank You to aLDoDarK For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5