Nameless warrior WIP
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nameless warrior WIP

I get sidetracked on projects to easily...

"They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer, and, above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds."

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow looks cool so far but there is one thing thats bugs me it is his props the armor, sword gloves they look like the colors don't work you need more tones or contrast in them but thats a good start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did you use references for the pose? I can see too many muscles around the elbow/triceps area that don't seem to exist. Exageration is fine, but better anatomy will make the image alot stronger.

His mid section/abs are extremely defined, many times when a bodybuilder is this 'ripped' he actually appears to have 8 abs (another 2 smaller muscles at the top of the 6pack).

He has no nipples! The armour needs more defining.

If you rework this image slightly, I believe that the piece will be alot stronger.

my sketches here... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92997

www.sevans.co.nz , visit them or a puppy dies!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I planned on reworking the arm. There is a muscle group among the tricep, deltoid and bicep, but it should be longer instead. In my drawing I have it correctly done, I just botched it here. In the drawing he also has nipples (never thought I'd say that), I just haven't put them in yet. I'm not satisfied at all with either his upper arms or his abs; somehow from the actual drawing to the coloring I reworked it differently (totally new to digital paint). Thanks for the suggestions.

As far as his colors go (that being his gloves, etc.) I did them dark so that they would have no definition. That's a 50/50 with me. Sometimes I like to do a shade so dark it blends together, sometimes not.

"They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer, and, above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds."

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got up- early today for work and decided to go ahead and rework the arm/abs a bit (working on other stuff also).

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.