Thanks

New to the Drawing Pad

I'm just starting to draw seriously so I can pursue it as a career choice. But I'm far far from being able to make a career out of it. With joining this site I hope to improve very quickly. Please help me think of all the things I can study in pencil drawing.

Human Anatomy- figure drawings, expressions, portraits
    Line Values- give me everything you know about line valuing: sites, guides, etc.
    Cross hatching
    Rendering- would like much help
    Shape Exercises- please if you have any websites that help me.
    Shadows
    Perspective Drawing- I really need something that bluntly and plainly teaches me all the points of perspective

Any help will be much appreciated if you can think of any other studies I need to do please tell. Because I know hardly anything. Thank y0u come again.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Kind of demanding, aren't we... Anyways, if you just look around the forums you'll find the majority of what you need. Always look for yourself before asking someone to read your topic and find it for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    If you know nothing about art, chances are that us giving you textbook definitions of what value, saturation etc is won't help. Since experience trumps textbook knowledge, start by drawing anything you see in here:

New to the Drawing Pad

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrawingDude View Post
    I'm just starting to draw seriously so I can pursue it as a career choice. But I'm far far from being able to make a career out of it. With joining this site I hope to improve very quickly. Please help me think of all the things I can study in pencil drawing.

Human Anatomy- figure drawings, expressions, portraits
    Line Values- give me everything you know about line valuing: sites, guides, etc.
    Cross hatching
    Rendering- would like much help
    Shape Exercises- please if you have any websites that help me.
    Shadows
    Perspective Drawing- I really need something that bluntly and plainly teaches me all the points of perspective

Any help will be much appreciated if you can think of any other studies I need to do please tell. Because I know hardly anything. Thank y0u come again.
    There is a thread about books that CA users recommend to others check out some of those they will help you .You could google " loomis pdf " and see what turns up too. But advice and books aside spend as much time drawing as possible!
    good luck!

Thanks
    There's a loooot of stuff in this forum to find when it comes to resources on websites, tutorials, etc etc. Just have a good dig around the different sections and you'll probably find things you're looking for, and if not references to things you're looking for. And I hope I'm not bursting your bubble by saying that you're the one who has to do all the learning and gaining experience Joining the site doesn't make you instant-awesome, but sticking around, listening, practicing, patience, a big will and passion, taking advice and baring your bottom with new drawings in the critique, progress or sketchbook section sure helps you a lot on the way to awesome-ness. The rest has already been said, go draw lots!