Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Red face Sexuallity Question

This is a serious question; also I'm not just some random forum passer-by, but I'd rather keep this anonymous

As a male I find myself only, but VERY physically attracted to women. Then I find some males almost as physically attractive, but much more mentally attractive and compatible. Not to sound chauvinistic, but for the most part women just irritate me. Perhaps it is just this age group, early 20's. I get along with them just fine as friends, but when it comes to relationships, ehhh not so much.

I understand it's "you like what you like, and that's that" but that strong physical attraction towards women kind of puts a spin on things for me on where I stand. So my question is, I guess, does anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about? Haha. Feel free to share personal stories, thoughts or whatever pertaining to this.

(also i realize this is kind of awkward in relation to the "Think before thy posteth..." thread just made lol)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sounds like you're into transvestites. Seriously though, why the fuck are you posting this here?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sphyzex_9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's a little confusing when you say you're only physically attracted to women, but then state in the next sentence that you find some men physically attractive.

Seriously though... human sexuality falls within a broad spectrum, and it's perfectly okay to be attracted to certain personality traits, physical traits, etc regardless of what genetic sex possesses them. There are girls with more masculine gender traits (i.e. personalities) if you're not comfortable being attracted to men, but your best bet in meeting said women are doing things you enjoy vs. searching for them in bars and such.

Thanks
    I don't know, why not? It's more comfortable talking about it when others can't see you. And is it really that absurd in a community of artists? This thread's life span seems doomed hah. Oh well, be back in 10 minutes to see how far this has spiraled out and away.

Thanks
    Well.. considering your first thread AND post is about a subject like this (albeit it interesting) I wonder why you're not drawing? Things like this subject isnt absurd in a community of artists, but posting an item like this for a first and nothing with art in a community of artist is a bit... odd?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangrim View Post
    Well.. considering your first thread AND post is about a subject like this (albeit it interesting) I wonder why you're not drawing? Things like this subject isnt absurd in a community of artists, but posting an item like this for a first and nothing with art in a community of artist is a bit... odd?
    Well first off, this isn't my first post; like I said I'm not just some random asshole. I have an alternate screen name on here I'd rather not discuss this on. I rarely ever come to these parts, because there is a lot of useless shit in here.

Second, the lounge description does say "Non-Art related subjects".

Thanks
    Aah, but how can I know that?

Edit for Tan-pea-brain: disclaimer, I have not insinuated you being a random asshole, merely wondered why there was only this post and no art. Now I know. Time to draw!

Thanks
    No, no, no, I was reffering to myself as the random asshole.

Yeah, guess I was a bit vague about that part - but really that's not an essential part to the post.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by king rat View Post
    I have an alternate screen name on here I'd rather not discuss this on.
    Okay, while I don't blame you for not wanting to post under your main account name, isn't there some rule against having multiple accounts? Seriously though, have you considered just making an account on a GBLTQ community somewhere?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 427 Posts
    You should know having multiple screen names on this forum is frowned upon.

There could be a million reasons why you aren't having success with women - your approach, the women you are targeting, when you approach them, the alignment of Jupiter with Mars, the color of your socks - I doubt very much it has anything to do with your sexuality - people like people of all shapes and colors and sizes, and it works all the time. I think your age has alot to do with it. I also think as you get older you won't worry so much about putting your sexuality in a box, and you'll work more on relating to people of all genders on all kinds of levels, just because you can and it is rewarding.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessiBean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphotic Phoenix View Post
    Okay, while I don't blame you for not wanting to post under your main account name, isn't there some rule against having multiple accounts? Seriously though, have you considered just making an account on a GBLTQ community somewhere?
    Ah did not know about that rule, sorry.

I was only wanting to here other's perspective on the issue.

Thanks
    labels like homosexual, bisexual, hetero, etc, are just that and not so important. you should just be into and fuck whatever/whoever you want (within certain ethical boundaries), and don't mind so much about what it categorizes you as.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    As a dude, you will quite possibly have more in common with dudes. You'll possibly enjoy their company more. At the very least most of them will get the offside rule.
    Don't confuse familiarity with intimacy though.

If you physically dig chicks, You probably didn't meet a sufficiently cool chick yet. Seriously.

The difference in my actual affection, interests and attention span between Mrs Flake and the previous auditions is 100 to 1..
    You'll know it if it ever hits. It's like a sexy version of being booted in the nuts, but good.

If not, hey! You're supergay! that's cool too. CA is an equal opportunities kinda place and most parents are more tolerant than you'd expect..

I mean no offence to anyone, hope everybody has a good one. Apologies to any ladies offended by my describing them as "chicks".*

*I've been pissing everyone off lately..

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flake View Post

*I've been pissing everyone off lately..

Nah, that's my job, and I don't know enough of "everyone" to even approach being good at it.......

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    I think Jessi' (EDIT: and Flake--we overlapped) is very close to what might be wrong. Your age is another clue.

You AREN'T technically mature enough yet to cope with an "alien" species other than on a superficial level. A lot of males get around the typical strange-creature-alert/Gawd-I-don't-wanna-fuck-up! by reverting to basics and staying there--"Cute!," "Nice bod!" "Oh, I'm so happy when I get some...lalala." Many males, including the supposedly "popular with the ladies" bunch, resort to this, and sometimes get stuck there. It's why it's so hard for a lot of young guys to actually become AND STAY friends with a sexually attractive female--the brain feels happy to communicate with a soul "brother" but can't cope with the "brother's" packaging.

This gets better as you get older/more mature. It doesn't mean you're gay, bi, or fell down a rabbit hole (...usually). It just means you haven't seriously sorted out the confusion caused by hormones vs. thinking yet.

Btw, there's absolutely nothing wrong when you find a male "attractive." It's normal. I've met more than a few guys that made me wish for just 0.005 seconds that I had real tits and no dick just so I could jump into bed with that sucker, but it's a surface thing, which is exactly the problem you're having with females--everything right now is mostly surface things... Your goal is to get past that and look at what's inside the gorgeous head. When you achieve that, your problem usually goes away and you become a dirty old man just like the rest of us...standing there with our cute chick FRIENDS having a good laugh over our last farting contest.
    Last edited by Ilaekae; August 18th, 2009 at 09:59 PM.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Catboy explained this better than I could, but then he has 30000 years more experience at stuff.

Listen to him, it's mainly the "pretty girls are often actual people who you might be friends with that might well beat yo' ass at Tony Hawks 4" thing..
    Last edited by Flake; August 18th, 2009 at 09:55 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Flake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Years ago, when we first met, my husband explained to me that those "fights on the dance-floor" were more about impressing the guys than awe-inspiring the girls.

When you're ready, whichever way you go, is the time to take action. Sometimes the attraction to the same sex is because we want to be that person, or live that life, not actually because of any unexpected or unwelcome preference.

And, yeah, women are irritating. It's that little grain of sand that makes the oyster make the pearl.....

24. The Following User Says Thank You to alesoun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Aphotic Phoenix kinda touched on a school of thought you will find in psychology studies of being attracted to masculine or feminine character/body types. You might classify yourself as straight but be into women that are more masculine, so when feeling as you do about some men mayhaps they are bridging that gap. Even though I think Sphyzex_9 was trying to be funny or sarcastic, the idea of a transsexual might be an avenue worth exploring if you just cant settle. One of the hottest girls I have known in my life had a penis. Good luck where ever you find yourself. What's important is that you are happy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 686 Posts
    Let's clear up one thing.

No matter the preference. In ANY relationship dynamic, there's going to be a male and female. Passive & Dominant. Between two men, between two women, men and women, women & men. The mental and emotional make-up will always be a "male" type & "female" type, and choosing either one will STILL wind you up slamming your head against a wall.

No matter what gender. BOTH are fucking a pain!
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    This is a serious question; also I'm not just some random forum passer-by, but I'd rather keep this anonymous

As a male I find myself only, but VERY physically attracted to women. Then I find some males almost as physically attractive, but much more mentally attractive and compatible. Not to sound chauvinistic, but for the most part women just irritate me. Perhaps it is just this age group, early 20's. I get along with them just fine as friends, but when it comes to relationships, ehhh not so much.

I understand it's "you like what you like, and that's that" but that strong physical attraction towards women kind of puts a spin on things for me on where I stand. So my question is, I guess, does anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about? Haha. Feel free to share personal stories, thoughts or whatever pertaining to this.

(also i realize this is kind of awkward in relation to the "Think before thy posteth..." thread just made lol)
    Well, there's a world of difference between finding someone generally appealing and being sexually aroused by them/their presence/the notion of them.

Thanks
    You think you got problems? I was looking at a minimized picture of some people and saw someone and said "ooh she's kinda cute" and when I maximized it "she" ended up being an adolescent boy. That's happened like 4 goddamn times I'm starting to get worried
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    "Males do not represent two discrete populations, heterosexual and homosexual. The world is not to be divided into sheep and goats. It is a fundamental of taxonomy that nature rarely deals with discrete categories... The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects.
    While emphasizing the continuity of the gradations between exclusively heterosexual and exclusively homosexual histories, it has seemed desirable to develop some sort of classification which could be based on the relative amounts of heterosexual and homosexual experience or response in each history... An individual may be assigned a position on this scale, for each period in his life.... A seven-point scale comes nearer to showing the many gradations that actually exist."
    Alfred Kinsey, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male

The Kinsey Scale

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waffleKoan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    haha that scale is cool, everythings been said but i just wanted to chime in

a while ago a while getting excessively drunk one night a friend said he thought he was gay because he found guys attractive but he didnt want to sleep with them, and basically it was the same for me and the other guy friend there, i can apprciate that a guy can be seriously hot, but a guys never filled me with lust.

also when it comes to not getting on with girls, im the same i have ridiculosly high standards which i really want to fix, but still we sound pretty similar, but im sure you'll get through it all and find a satisfactory answer
    dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Nrx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    Let's clear up one thing.

No matter the preference. In ANY relationship dynamic, there's going to be a male and female. Passive & Dominant. Between two men, between two women, men and women, women & men. The mental and emotional make-up will always be a "male" type & "female" type!
    Ummmmm. No. No, not at all.

Also, King Rat, I wish you the best in your journey to learn more about yourself. And, I just want you to know that I believe that if you think all women are irritating, then maybe you're hanging out with the wrong women.

-----------------------------------------------------
    portfolio=ORANGEMANTIS.COM
    Blog
    SKETCHBOOK
    -----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    You're possibly "bi-curious", so what? (and I say that with the utmost respect)

I think that soon you'll realize that it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Vatsel; August 19th, 2009 at 03:45 AM.
    VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    I just like how this post was right next to the "Think Before Thy Posteth" thread. Don't take it personal guys, I haven't even read what's written here yet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    *walks in* ah one of THESE posts *walks out*

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Rist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ...... Not to sound chauvinistic, but for the most part women just irritate me. Perhaps it is just this age group, early 20's. I get along with them just fine as friends, but when it comes to relationships, ehhh not so much.
    Friends sounds good Most of my friends are women.
    Relationship? You are probably not really ready for it I guess.

The one thing that keeps me puzzled is that you say women irritate you.
    While I sometimes don't fully understand them (well, that's rather frequent) I try to understand and if not I just ask them to explain.
    I've hardly had any irritations over the past years with women except some very rare 'doh, why do women think like that' moments.

Just talk with one of your female friends for a while about the differences between how men and women feel and think.
    As example, I had a long talk with one of my female friends about a year ago. She was complaining about her husband's dealing with a certain situation.
    I told her: men talk to solve things, women solve things by talking.
    So when she called him to talk to him about something their son did he was looking for a solution while she was looking for someone to listen to her.
    These little differences can make things annoying sometimes, but with a little patience it's not that hard to take them away.
    Last edited by the_jos; August 19th, 2009 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by waffleKoan View Post
    i was just about to post the kinsey report in here, but you already did it.
    I think more people should now about statistics like this:
    The reports also state that nearly 46% of the male subjects had "reacted" sexually to persons of both sexes in the course of their adult lives, and 37% had at least one homosexual experience.
    somewhat related:
    Sexuallity Question
    ▄▀▄▀▄▀■ - GORILLA ARTFARE - ■▀▄▀▄▀▄

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaknafain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    well i'm relieved to hear i'm not the only thinking like that sometimes.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast