Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WHIT BRACHNA's ENVIRONMENTS and LANDSCAPES 1: LIVE Streaming Presentation! (UPDATED)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,356 Times in 2,877 Posts

WHIT BRACHNA's ENVIRONMENTS and LANDSCAPES 1: LIVE Streaming Presentation! (UPDATED)

Environment Design and Believable Landscapes: Using Reference Effectively

This lecture on the creation of environments and landscape imagery will cover the following (and more as time allows!). There will be a full question and answer period and a ton of awesome info.

- reasons for using reference, and how it can help to improve your landscape designs.
    - the most effective methods of gathering reference and researching your images
    - ways to break down the complexity of photography and mimic some of the effects.
    - traps that are easy to fall into when referencing photos, and how to avoid them
    - trying to understand how other artists have simplified similar effects and the importance of finding your own way.
    - going beyond the surface detail to try and understand the reasoning behind different effects

We are fortunate to have ConceptArt.Org and Massive Black's very own Whit Brachna joining us for this first live streaming course on the creation of environments and landscapes for illustration, concept design, and fine art. Whit is an alumni of the next-gen atelier and has seen his work end up helping projects like DOOM 4, New Vegas, and dozens of other major worlds and universes. Whit is an accomplished draftsman and a leading environment artist in the fields of video games and film,

When SAT Aug 22 1-5pm CENTRAL DAYLIGHT TIME
    Where: Right here on CA.O!! http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180 is the link!
    How: http://www.conceptartstore.com/endeusreef.html (link to the store for tuition)
    How Much: 95 bucks USD

We really appreciate whit helping us to do this and for supporting the new technology for the site. The wolrd of art is a better place because of all the support, so thank you...truly.

Jason Manley
    Last edited by TAD Admissions: Scott Richeson; August 18th, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Argh you guys are awesome coming up with all these classes. Dunno if I can afford it though. Does this cost $95 aswell Jason?

edit :
    When SAT Jan 22 1-5pm CENTRAL DAYLIGHT TIME
    So is it this saturday? or Jan 22nd haha
    Last edited by mc2mc2; August 18th, 2009 at 01:39 AM.

Thanks
    Wow this is really awesome! Definately what I need.
    Last edited by ~Faust~; August 18th, 2009 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks

Thanks
    I hope it's not $95. I mean, it's a great price for what we'll learn, because all of Whit's previous videos have taught me many things, but it's a little much for someone that's about to start college(me).

If we do pay for it, will we have access to a recorded version to save? I have to work during the whole session.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bLux For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    xbrianx: I suspect the price will stay the same as the previous ones for this. It will be available for viewing at least 30 days after the live class is over, though you can't save it to your harddrive as it's all streamed content. However, it's well worth the money in my experience

Thanks
    Awesome topic again !!

Jason, i think the date should be Aug. 22 not Jan. 22.

thanks for these great lectures lately. J. Mueller was an eye opener!!

Cheers

Andi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    Jason, i think the date should be Aug. 22 not Jan. 22.
    Fixed, thanks

Thanks
    This is just a must, cannot miss it ! Thanks alot once again

Thanks
    I used to think the downloads were comming in too fast to afford, but these classes are nuuts. I understand why you're poppin' em out at the rate that you are though, so GODSPEED!

I just can't afford it D:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    These workshops have been great. I've taken the workshops I was interested in taking and I must now bow out for future workshops. I can possibly join one or two if they are relevant to what i am doing.

For those who are on the fence, but still need workshops like these. You MUST do the ones you need. They provide information which the downloads and other resources just neglect to mention. I've been part of all 4 of the releases thus far (as a viewer of course lol) and each one has changed a part of the way I work and conduct business.

Thanks
    wish I could join this one since whit has, in part, inspired me to focus on environments, but I cannot afford it as of yet. I might be able to grab it for the streaming 30 day offer though. thanks guys, I'm excited.

Thanks
    Great timing. I just bought all Whit's DVD downloads this past weekend. That man is a dynamo.

Too bad I'm out of town Saturday I should be able to create 4 free hours in the next few weeks to watch it streaming.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast