Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Thread: One Nice Day

Thanks
    Hey Xeon. Nice materials. Clouds are coming along good too. I love painting clouds.

Keep it up!
    My SKETCHBOOK

Check it out and help me get better.

My folio website: http://www.haydenzammit.com/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice to hear from you, Hayden! Hoping to see more of your 3D work. Do you have a account?

Update!!!! The digital studies at the bottom may increase the loading time, just bear with it.

75% of the drawings below are done from a life drawing session every Thursday. I've also gradually switched to the chalk pastel pencils due to their texture (which I love) and using less of the pen. Everytime when I use the pen, I just get overwhelmed by the fear of "oh no, if the line I put down is the wrong line, it's the end of me". Makes the drawing so tense and stressful and it's harder to "feel" that way.

Also, next week, I'll be asking the guy in charge of the drawing session to critique my drawings, though it's an un-instructed session. I mean, after all, this guy is a direct student of Vilppu and not some sight-seeing teacher who does the atelier style.

Speaking of life drawing, I encountered a guy at the session, 17 years old kid, who draws using brush pen and also does some drawings in charcoal. He draws in an extreme style that is so vibrant and overpowering that I nearly crap in my pants. The guy in charge was so impressed that he squatted down and admire that kid's drawings one by one. He's only 17 years old, but his drawings quality easily rival most of the top guys in the industry based on what I saw. In fact, his drawings probably give Vilppu's gestures a run for his money. No kidding. I give him a nickname called The Demon. Hopefully there'll be a chance to take photos of his work and post them here. Fucking insane. The chinese say "There's a heaven beyond heaven". I now know it's true.

I'm so scared now that I need to work harder.

The poses in the life drawing session is 10 mins at max for nude, 20 mins for costumed.
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day

20 min drapery from life drawing. Have TOTALLY NO IDEA what the hell I was doing.
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day

For below pose in the life session, the pencil broke halfway during the original drawing, so I switch to pen and started on a new one (no time to re-sharpen). Ended up screwing the whole thing in terms of proportions and everything.
    One Nice Day

99% of digital studies below done using the default hard round brush with the roundness set to 4% and angled a bit. I really love the look this brush gives.
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day

Gonna be doing more snow studies and then moving on to ice, crystal, reflections of water, then back to metal, plastic... again.
    Then, it's time to do hundreds of thousands of millions of studies of human faces.

It'll be a fun ride ahead!

Next update: 10 August 2013

Good day!
    Xeon
    Last edited by Xeon_OND; July 13th, 2013 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    Your ocean waves, waterfalls and trees are looking cool, keep up the studies, looks like you are learning quite a bit.
    Sketchbook - freakmod wants to learn how to draw really well

Thanks
    Tks for dropping by, Freakmod!

--------------------UPDATE------------------

Since about 3 weeks ago, I bought those woodless Cretacolor sanguine oil sticks and use a lead holder to encase them and draw with it so that I can use those overhand / violin bow and side grips etc for more line variety and the ability to "feel" more, rather than in the writing position. But the lead holder feels awkward to hold, so I got rid of it a few days ago, and realized that if I break the sanguine stick into 2 , and use the shorter piece to draw, it feels so natural. It's like holding a piece of small chalk in your hand, and the tool becomes part of your hand.

Currently also watching the Stan Prokopenko videos. This guy is amazing!

Anyway, drawings and studies below. I must admit, the new way of holding the tool can be a bit hard to adjust to.
    And yes, still struggling with drapery. Especially zig-zag folds. Crap.

I didn't adjust the scanner brightness etc, and turns out all the scanned stuff were too pale and faint, so I use photoshop levels to bump them up dramatically. Might have affected the tones though. Crap.

One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day

Poses below are mostly 5 - 10 min poses. The really rough ones are 2 mins I think. 2 mins ones from photos.
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day

Currently, I'm pretty sick of doing environment studies, so next week onwards to end of this year, will be head studies and paintings, and paint studies of various parts of the human body. To be honest, up till now, I still haven't really done any real digital figure painting! LOL

The time has come. But I'll still jump back into material and environment studies now and then to break the monotony.

Next update: 1 September 2013

That's all for now.

Good night!
    Xeon

Thanks
    Hi all!

Been drawing very little nowadays and playing around with Cinema 4D in my spare time:

One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day

All done using Maxon’s wonderful Cinema 4D. The next challenge will be to model a Greek Doric column and hopefully a Roman bath house. More exciting stuff awaits! My plan is to be able to start modeling characters 1 year from now.

While I’ve done modeling before in school, it was mainly by trial and error and not really sure what I was doing, and the rest of the time, I hired freelancers to do it for me, especially the complex projects like character modeling and rigging.

From here on, things will be different! Went to a life drawing session last week with a colleague, and sad to say, my drawing skills are really sucky now.

Sketchbook is finishing soon, so will get a new one before hitting the next drawing class, and hopefully, with a bit of practice, the drawing stuff I learnt back then will come back to my mind.

Good day!
    Xeon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon_OND View Post

Been drawing very little nowadays
    WHAT!! WHY!! THIS WILL NOT DO AT ALL!!!!!! You were improving soooo fast.

Cool that you are checking out 3D though.

I know its from a while back but I guess for next time you do I will just pass on a CGMA crit other students and I had for doing those black thumbnails like the ones you have in post 615 don't leave so much white space its the silhouette that you should be concentrating on.
    -----------------------------------------
    My Website!
    http://www.whirlydesign.com

My Artstation
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/whirly

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...234403&page=10

Thanks
    I agree with Whirly, I've just checked out your sketchbook and it shows lots of improvement. Great environmental color studies! keep it up.

Thanks
    Been learning ZBrush lately ever since I realized it feels very similar to Photoshop in a way, and the workflow suit people who have drawn a lot more compared to traditional 3D modeling programs like Maya, 3DSMax and even Cinema 4D etc. I mean, you don't have to worry about adding edge loops and pushing and pulling vertices here and there. Instead, ZBrush forces you to spend most of your time thinking about the artistic and form side of things.

Why didn't I pick this up years ago!

Here's some practice stuff I have been working on the past couple weeks. For the most part, I wouldn't even dare to imagine doing stuff like these in Cinema 4D or Maya, but with ZBrush, all fears are removed and I'm one step closer to achieving Super Saiyan.
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day
    One Nice Day

There are still quite a few other practice stuff not uploaded here yet, but will do so in the coming weeks.

Of course, ZBrush does have its quirks. For once, it seems to crash randomly and very often, but that's not a big issue with frequent saving.
    Two, the UI for ZBrush is insane. I mean, when you first see the UI, it's like ZBrush doesn't give a damn to good UI design and software design conventions, threw everything out of the window and came up with their own stuff and re-invent the wheel. I remembered cursing Pixologic a few weeks ago and wanted to switch to Mudbox which is easier, but.....am I glad I didn't!

Zbrush 4 Release 7 should be out anytime from now. With its new arsenal of modeling tools, I won't be surprised if ZBrush 5 or 6 completely dominates and replaces all the 3D modeling packages out there. I've seen the teaser videos for Release 7....and....it is rock solid impressive and insane.

Will Autodesk go the way of Caligari some day? Most likely, and hopefully.

On a side note, I'm really elated, ecstatic and shocked that Glenn Vilppu is finally coming to Singapore. I can't afford the 3-day workshop, but I'll be going for the 3 hour seminar at $48 per ticket in early Sep 2014 next month. 3 hour? Heck, I would go even if it's $48 for just 30 mins! Finally, I get to meet my idol, and hopefully, they'll allow me to get close to him so I can get his signature on my sketchbook (though I've not been drawing traditionally nowadays for almost a year). Maybe I'll get him to sign on my mobile phone, t-shirt, briefs, anything that a pen can write on.
    And I'll try to take a photo with him!

Never thought I could get to meet him in person, the feeling is unbelievable! And I never thought I would have that chance.

Good day!
    Xeon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 903 Posts

Thanks
    Yo Xeon, how's it going man, long time no see. I am still drawing here and there, I just don't draw a whole lot but I do still draw, I should upload some stuff.
    The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48