Following
    Soooo happy to see you posting again! keep up the awesome work

Talent and Creativity are yours to use and keep

[S K E T C H B O O K]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Killing it dude! The creature of the week horsefish thing looks great, so do the studies. Looking forward to seeing sketchbook stuff from you as well. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omgomgomg! self portrait turned out very nice! Looks just like you! Scan them sketchbook pages of yours, i needz to c!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketches and studies here Well, that's what i always expect whenever coming to your thread here. Well done! You actually remind me how fun art-studies could be. lol. I should do that now, since i haven't done proper studies (that include reading) for quite sometimes. Oh and I love that bumblebee dragon

You're doing great. Keep it up you

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You are doing great mate!! Thanks for sharing that info from the book !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love sketchbooks like this, so much improvement, really inspiring stuff. Bookmarked it, gonna have a proper flick through later. Keep it coming, awesome work

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 925 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    keep it going man! nice improvements!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Odayga - Nice to see you and thank you very much! I'm glad to hear things are going well with you best of luck with the new job

PieMonster - Thanks man! see you around

Murderotic - Haha, scans coming up when I get the scanner working again! thanks

witcrack - Thanks a ton man! yeah, I have to remind myself all the time how fun studies can be.. it's so easy to lose track of that.

Kingkostas - You're welcome mate! THANK YOU for sharing all your delicious knowledge in that sketchbook of youurs!!

JakeB - Haha thats so cool to hear! thanks see you!

JakeC - Two jakes confused me.. haha! nice to see you my friend. How are things? will do

Hey everyone. Sorry for being gone so long. Been busy with school but managed to sneak in some work inbetween. Still haven't scanned those pages I mentioned but I'm getting to it.. just gotta find the cable to my scanner.

This week is the last week of our game project. After this we have a scheduled "introduction to 2d" course so I'll be having more time to draw and paint and update this thing (hopefully). Anyhow, here's a selfportrait, a doodle and a portrait from imagination. I think it's the first real portrait of a girl I've done from imagination ever.. had to pull out some reference in the end to fix the proportions and the shape of the lips and nose, so it's not entirely from imagination, but pretty much.

Just a thought regarding reference.. I don't know why, but I kinda feel like I'm cheating when I'm using it. As if I should be able to flawlessly execute everything from imagination. Which is so silly, because A. I don't have enough knowledge to do so and B. At one point I'll have to use reference regularly if I want to accuire that knowledge.. All the old masters used reference. All the living masters do too. Hell, if Craig Mullins can use reference, so can I. Gotta get that limiting belief out of my head so I can keep on improving.

Thanks for looking

Attached Images Attached Images      

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    valuestudy of a photo. Not the best kind of light for the intention I had with the study since the shadows were so soft.. been talking to Nim a bit about understand values and lighting better and he suggested to do studies of 1point lights with strong castshadows, similar to bargues. Heck, I should be doing bargues as well. Anyhow, this study is a part of that!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm with you on feeling like cheating every time i use reference while in the same time i know it is not cheating. For me, it's probably because my tendency to just copy copy copy and forget a lot of other things to think about, which is... everything. At the same time, again, i know how to use reference(s), i read about it and i practiced on it, but when i'm in the flow, i just... idk, forget? And what's more, sometimes, at the finishing stage, i was like, "this is too much like (a bad copy of) the reference. What can i change??" and i feel like i have to paint it over again. and so i did, sometimes. So lately, i only pick up the references (that i gather pre-work, for research, if needed) at later stages of work. How late, it's depend on my knowledge of the stuffs i draw/paint. I still don't know if it's good or bad practice, cuz i'm not sure if said problem is gone. Honestly, idk if it IS a problem. lol.

Well, just sharing a thought. Anyway, your updates are good. Keep 'em coming!

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff dude!
    I'm totally with you when it comes to the feeling that using reference is wrong in a way. I've been really lazy about it, and I think that's hindered my progress. I'm way less reluctant to spend a little time finding and using ref now, rather than waste time trying to figure it out from my head. I think it really is about how you process the reference.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your stuff remain being cool *_*
    Your Face-studies are very cool and interesting keep on and never give up. Every illustrator has his own way. If you want to use references, nobody have to talk it away. But if you wanna improve completaly free, it helps to use your learned stuff right after a studiy. I mean, If you make a study of a face, do a portrait complete from imagnination after that. That helps me to learn more fast.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, post #2274 is just fantastic! Love the edge/stroke studies and the Cow is awesome, nice movement and brilliant colors! Great to see you post again, and it also feels great to be back. haha

Hoppas att allt är bra med dig och att skolan är najs, för du pluggar väl på Malmö art academy eller minns jag fel?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome work DefiledVisions. Definitely a wealth of information contained within this thread five stars from me.

Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

Eric needs to DRAW DRAW DRAW

Do not Click DETONATE Do not Click

Deviantart page

Gotta sketchem all blog

Tumblr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice Studies!! Keep on going dude

Talent and Creativity are yours to use and keep

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Pou is offline PKMN TRAINER- Captured: 12 Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

SPECTACULAR

DUUUUDDDEEE

Your creatures are killer! AND MANNNN your lines are so frikkin awesome T__T.

What I would ike to see from you more often would be perhaps more competely complete paintings.
    Meaning complete with a background and probaby a tad sharper edges.

Your stuff is killing me though. So radically awesome uaghhkk. Pure bliss :')
    Loving it all

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ What she/he/it said.

If anybody knows or have the contact stuff to the most wonderfull singer in the known universe please give her this... plxOr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice and sexy use of values, god, I wish I could make my knowledge of values as applicable !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Witcrack - Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to here others opinions on the matter. I think it would be very helpful if we started to use reference to help us understand what we are trying to do correctly. Better to take in correct information and then start to apply it through practice, than faking it without ever finding the right solution.

Piemonster - That's great to here. I feel the same as well.

Rupuni - Thanks. I agree with you. I used to do that more often a long time ago, now not so much. It's a great way of applying the knowledge we get from the ref. By the way, congratulations on FZD! that's so coo

Paaaatrick! - Nice to see you man! thanks. Welcome back
    Allt är nice, saker är bättre sen vi pratade senast. Börjar hitta en balans även om det är lätt att fastna i tankar. Jag pluggar på the game assembly i Malmö, och trivs! är dock osäker på om just spel är min grej! vill så gärna måla haha.. får se hur det känns när första läsåret är över! allt bra med dig?

Palladium - Thank you kindly!

Odayga - Thanks Ashley

Pou - Thank you! I agree with you on that. That's really something I have to start doing.

Baconstrap - Haha!

Kerah - Thanks! hehe I know that feeling

Hey everyone. Happy new year! I've been gone for some time but will be back to post more art again. I really do want to start drawing more frequently and get back into doing what I love. These past years I kep telling myself that I'm working through some heavy life issues and that art can wait, which has been true. But now I've come to a point where it has kind of become a mantra, even if my life is much better.

I keep postponing being happy in the now , saying that, "I'll allow myself to draw that cool thing that I have always wanted to draw when I feel.. or when I am better at.. or after I have.. " the same goes for most of the things that bring me enjoyment here in life.. I tell myself I'll meet new people after I feel better.. or start playing guitar when I have more time.

This is letting myself down. Taking conscious action will make me feel better.. they will build me up and make me stronger. That's what's so scary too.. having been on the low for so long I've kinda lost confidence in my ability to cope with life. It's a lie constructed by my mind. I am capable, but I have to start believing it again.

So I really want to change this. I am reading a book called the slight edge. Basically the book talks about how we make all these small choices every day that we think don't matter, but that they really do matter. They feel so undramatic that we feel that doing them or not doing them doesn't matter because it won't make any difference. But it really does. If I just spent 10 minutes sketching every day this whole year I would have done tremendous work! but in my mind it feels like.. "10 minutes? what difference does it make?" so I don't do them.

My goal is to become more conscious of how I spend my time and to re-define my understanding of reaching goals. I used to think that goals have to be reached in big dramatic leaps.. like drawing 10 hours every day for 1 month and then I would be a master of something. But for me, this is unrealistic and I'm starting to understand this. It might work for someone else, but not for me right now. Instead I'm thinking that I have all these small windows of time that I can use to work on one of my goals, be it drawing more, or reading a book, or something else that can lead to positive change.

I've been in a process of re-defining myself for a few years now but I feel like I'm becoming more conscious and aware now. It's cool, but also a bit.. rough. It's sort of waking up to the truth of things. No one is coming to fix things for me. I have to start making my own decisions.

I used to tell myself that I don't have time to draw because I go to school, and when I come home I'm too tired. But the truth is that I have choice. When I look back on the past semester in school I see that I have had so much time I could use better. Small 15minute windows inbetween classes, 1 hour here and there on the train on my way home. Evenings that could be spent drawing or reading instead of facebooking.

I always had a choice on how to spend that time.

Anyhow, sorry for rambling. This is a sketchbook after all, and what would it be without some sketches?

So... here's a Sargent study and some spitpaints as well as some random character. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by DefiledVisions; January 7th, 2014 at 07:39 AM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I loved your style. Keep the good work.

Hi, I'm on my way to be a better artist, please visit my sketchbook and help me with that!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay for Sargent! Fyfan vad bra den blev, ursnyggt med alla olika texturer och penslar.
    So HOT with that blue hue in the lava landscape! Henry would be proud!

I do sooo relate to the "draw-instead-of-facebooking" part. Perhaps 2014 is the fresh and new start that we need. Keep on drawing, painting, thinking and posting on CA. You're doing it right!

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Really good thoughts, dude. Goal setting and achieving is definitely the path to happiness in life--for anyone, I believe. This is true even for those who are not artists.

Good luck and keep those small goals going.

I often clean up my house like that. ("Just 5 minutes a day on a problem area. After a few days, it's done!")

The Sargent study is great of course... love the play of light you have going on in there.

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ZakknArt - Thank you

Uiriamu - Thanks! hittade några nice texture brushes som jag ville öva med. Har fortfarande inte lärt mig att använda texturebrushes på ett bra sätt så antar att det bara är att börja! hehe good old Henry. Say hi to him from me wonderful teacher. It's funny how transitions such as a year into another gives people a reason to set new goals and change, when january the 1st is just another regular day. Every day is the same fresh start that we need. Every day is the now in which we grow and can become more conscious. So start, today

p sage - Yeah, no one told me how important it was to have goals. I'm thankful that I have had the oportunity to start figuring that out these past years. That's cool! I do my bed every morning when I get up as a principle, and do the dishes every evening. It only takes a few minutes, but the feeling of getting it done is so good. Sadly, it's just as easy not to do it haha. Sometimes it's hard to be consistent. Thanks see you around

We started on our new game-project at school. It's gonna be a sci-fi point and click game with a lot of enviros.. damn! tough challenge. I don't feel confident at all with enviros, so I've decided to practice them a little bit every day. I know that if I do just a 30minute sketch with awarenes and good intentions I will learn. Throughout the years I've picked up the basics about enviros, but I never practiced them. They just became an intellectual concept so I hope to change that.
    Here are some studies I did during the week, and one from imagination afterwards. Also some spaceship concepts I did yesterday for our game. First time I paint spaceships... they became very inspired by StarWars. Also, the functionality could be a lot better. I mean, who would want to have their leisure quarters next the machinery? it won't really matter in our game though. But still, I want to create something that makes sense haha. Machines.. someting else I need to practice shitloads.

Anyhow, thanks for looking!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    finally got around to get some pages out of my sketchbook sorry for the crappy quality. My camera sucks and my scanner sucks even more. Most of it is from imagination with black ballpoint pen. There's also some studies and figuredrawings. Thanks for looking

sorry for the huge post. There's a shitload of images haha.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fabulous pages, especially first ones! Instant inspiration boost, I'm off to draw something

I was wondering, is it black ballpoint pen? And are you planning your designs, shading and light source ahead or just let your hand half-mindlessly do the work as I do?

DEVIANTART -:|:- BLOG -:|:- SKETCHBOOK -:|:- GOOGLE+ -:|:- FACEBOOK |:::| Available for freelance: Spellsword95@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that sargent study is just flawless - your brushwork is mindblowing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maaaan. The sketches are fucking sick! Loving the ballpoint suff. Your rants are also hitting close to home, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha those balls. Besides that really good pen sketches but I actually came to your sketchbooks for your wonderful dragon paintings. Soo good. Hmm mhhmhmmm.

NickyBeats is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,962 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    damn dude those sketchbook pages are awesome!!! love those lizard bird things! great stuff bro!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haw yeah! So nice! Beautiful new paintings and drawings and that dragon on the right of the raptor family is so cool! Loving the studies too!

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 241