Sketchbook: DefiledVisions Sketchbook - Page 71
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2327
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some random sketches last couple of days.. several personal projects going on. Ballistic publishing are calling for entries to the 4th book in Exotique series. My aim is to get published ( yea right ). My mom allways said it's better to aim too high than not aiming at all... or something like that. Anyway, I just thought it would be fun to have that as a goal, who knows what might happen.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    will check back later... damn it's late! lol... Cool creatures man! (if that happens to be my only comment for now)

:peace:

Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Abee - secret nah.. check out the wip

tobzArt - oh noes!

Aryeh - Thanks man, I easily lose track of that. I think that's one of the reasons I have trouble with gesture in my characters. I've never really explored them as a 'whole' .. just as individual parts and studies, faces, arms, torso etc.

jcpahl. - Thanks!

Odayga - Thank you

Poetry man - Glad to hear! peace

Sorry for being gone. I'm trying to get into studies again and build my life around some sort of art routine. Hopefully I'll be more visible once I find that routine.

Other than that, this is HUGE - Wizards has a challenge going on with their D&D universe where they are looking for new freelance artists to work with! http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Feature.a...ure/dndarttest

I really want to work for them so I've begun exploring concepts for the 'creature' brief they have.

Here are some explorations of a shaman for the race they have as reference, as well as a wip of the teaser I posted a while back.. and yeah. I know about that darn perspective

take care! spring is here and it makes me happy

Attached Images Attached Images    

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay not gonna lie but thats just cuteness overload right there! Looking forward to seeing more of your kickass work!

Talent and Creativity are yours to use and keep

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! O^O
    How come I haven't seen this SB before, it's so inspiring and gorgeous!

I struggle with my art studies and stuff, but I NEVER quit. *cough* just making myself clear
    Here, check my Sketchbook, drop a comment, you're always welcomed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tjena mulle,var kul att ses lit stockholm å skissa, synd bara att de vart så få gånger ^^, bra att du kommit igång med målandet igen, kör hårt på d&d!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 925 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    beautiful!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dat shaman, weally weally hatcoe. Snart ses vi, jag laengtar lite. Stay bbacon.

If anybody knows or have the contact stuff to the most wonderfull singer in the known universe please give her this... plxOr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, the last update looks really schweet, I like them shaman concept a lot, keep up the good work Take care

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gone through most of this sketchbook because it is awesome. but now it is bed time. Very cool stuff, thanks for posting it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pimpwacker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ååååååh. Fan va grymma dem där shamanerna blev. Om man ändå kunde göra
    något liknande. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Hur är läget annars då?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really cool stuff defiledvisions Congradulations on your bartending education! Keep up the good work and I wish you luck with your wofc entry!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ur definitely right about what you said.

i think there are alot of people who definitely run towards their goals. And the thing about always running is that even if you make it to your goal, you're going to be to tired at the end to really appreciate it and you might even be resentful.

Ive been having my own stuff going on, so i think i better understand what you mean in the things you write.

But i guess i just think we should not see art as an ends, but rather as a part of what makes up our lives. i think the trap we fall into is allowing art to be this sort of automatic process, when really it can be a powerful expressive tool that helps us make sense of the world. i think the times when i find it difficult to continue working or learning, its only because im forgetting why i do this in the first place.

You said something a while back about wishing you could be as focused and work as much as some of the other guys around here. I just wanted to respond to that and say that youve probably lived more life in your 21 years than most people your age. And even if you dont draw as much as some of the other guys around here, your life experience is invaluable. I think that being a good concept artist is about having good technical skill, but technical skill is nothing without having ideas with a context and being inspired. There is no better inspiration to draw from than one's life experience. When i look at the work you produce, i do see a lot of emotions that reflect the stuff you write about. Even things like your character designs do convey emotions that you may not intend consciously. And i think that makes your stuff all the better.

A lot of people have great skill but lack the ability to see their work as an extension of themselves, thus their work ends up being lifeless and disconnected.

I say take the opportunity and turn it into true art. Definitely never be limited by the title "concept artist". Because you are an artist first! And i think you can and will make phenomenal stuff cause you are starting to embrace life for what it is and brings.

Live strong my friend.

Last edited by JakehC; April 11th, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JakehC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    can't wait to see what you come up with for the D&D piece

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff man! Love the exploration sketches, good luck with those!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Odayga - Haha thanks! I'm glad you like the picture and think it's cute it's supposed to be cute

MorningTea - thank you! see you around

Snatti - Tack du! hoppas din flytt gått bra och att du trivs på nya jobbet vi får höras! har du skype?

Baconstrap -

Mightcrawler - Thanks man! will do

pimpwacker - Woa, glad to hear! Thanks for dropping by.

Ludic - Back to the drawingboard indeed det är bra, saker känns bättre. Hur är det själv?

Alex Eh - Thank you very much!

Aryeh - As I read your post I'm trying to let all of it sink in. First of all thank you for your kind words. For some reason I'm always taken by surprise when people share their thoughts in my sketchbook as replies to my own. Part of me questions the kindness and try to tell me that I don't deserve it. But I do, as we all do. So thank you for sharing some light and believing in me.

For whatever reasons we don't allow ourselves to be loved or feel that we don't deserve kindness.. it's not always a matter of choice. They are lies created by our own mind and low self-image, and sometimes it's not so easy to break out of that. I think many can relate to not feeling that they deserve praise or positive feedback, and that they humbly try to bounce it off and kinda 'oh.. that? it's nothing.. really'.

I used to be like that, but now I understand that those moments really are a way of bringing people together. When someone genuinely tells you they like what you have done, it's okay to be happy about it and feel proud. In that sense you allow them to give and share their happiness and you allow yourself to receive.

I undestand what you're saying about running towards our goals. It's so easy to set eyes to the summit far in the distance and not give any thought to the here and now.. just working towards that shining point far off, and once we found ourselves there, it's not so shiny any more.

I think it's partly due to the competitive nature in the gaming industry and the field of concept art. We are constantly told that we have to improve and get better if we want a job within the industry. And that is true. There are really high standards on the quality of art that needs to be created for games and books etc. and a lot of expectations are put on artists.

I think the most important thing is the have intent and a goal. Why do I create? why do I study animal anatomy? is it because I really want to be able to draw some cool creatures, or is it because that's what I'm supposed to be doing when I'd rather go study or create something else? I can relate a lot to what you write here. The times when I've found it most difficult to create have been when I've forgot why I draw and paint.

For me, drawing and painting has become so much more than I ever could dream off and imagine. Right now, it's what keeps me alive. To be completely honest, I don't want to do anything else. For the past three years I've really tried to convince myself to do other things, and all it's led to has been a lot of pain and depression. The will to create has always been the thing to lift me out of those tough times and give my life meaning again.

I consider myself blessed to have found my passion this early in life, and that it's something that can help others as well. I have a strong gutfeeling that there comes a time in my life when I'll be able to turn all of the pain and tough moments into a force of good and inspiration that will help many others. I already seem to be on that track haha.

I'm happy to hear that my work reflects these things. It's not something I'm aware of or try to convey, but if it's there and it gives you a moment of reflection or inspiration, it's all good. Thanks.

I have so many ideas.. hundreds of them. There is so much I want to be able to create I'm almost bursting.. I can see them and I can feel them.. but I can't create them. My hands can't translate it yet. I have to get better as an artist if I want to be able to realize these things. That's why I'm studying now. That's my motivation. To one day be able to realize all of my dreams and hopefully make the world a better place with them.

I used to feel a lot of pressure of mainting a sketchbook and keeping up an image of being a productive young guy. Stuff like that impresses a lot of people and I kinda felt obliged to that. It's still very cool to be able to update frequently with artwork, but now I feel I'll start updating when I produce that art and those studies, rather then producing them for the sake of updating.

I have no limits. My dreams are so far off many people would laugh at them. But they're welcome to that, and I'll laugh with them. Cause some of them are pretty silly, and reaching them would definitely take more than just hard work. In the end though, whether or not I reach those dreams, it'll be a great adventure shared with others. And to me, that's what really matters. To quote Into the Wild, happiness is only real when shared.

I wish you the best

midknight523 - Neither can I haha, thanks!

PieMonster - Good to see you thanks!

Scanned some studies I did for the shaman contest. I found some cool references of different east-asian cultures and tribes, headhunters and stuff. Really mindblowing. I'm very inspired by them.

2b pencil on crappy printer paper with a little contrast tweak for real-life resemblence.. not the best but it's so easy to scan haha. Bought a moleskin as well but for some reason I think the paper sucks. The pen sinks into the paper too much when I press hard, and it doesn't take the led as well as I thought it would. Oh well, gonna be fun to fill it up!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omg so much great stuff i missed! I really dig your work.

when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those Orc sketches are blowing my mind! And that feeling of accidentally achieving what you've always wanted, congratulations! Must be one hell of a feeling.. ever since being a kid, i've wanted to draw hi-tech mechs with really lite lines, and still be in proportion with the closer components having darker lines.. dammit, one day!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    such beautiful work! : D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kischi - thanks!

Max Challie - Thanks, glad to hear from you! What stops you from drawing those mechs?

Aryeh -

jeremygordon89 - glad you like it

more designwork on shaman. The first one was much better at its initial pencil-stage.. there was a lot of energy. Once I took it into photoshop and drew feet, something got lost. I'm gonna see if I can change the gesture in a way that has the same energy as the less complex pencilversion. Got 2 weeks left so I better hurry. Planning in starting rendering during the week.
    notice some things are off with the arms in the first one. Gonna try and fix it. So far though, they don't have 'the' feeling I'm looking for. I hope to explore more designs and find that feeling.

Also I'd like to share Ludovico Einaudi's music. I like to listen to him when drawing and painting. It's very calming but also brings out a lot of emotions, not always pleasant one's. Wonderful music.

Last edited by DefiledVisions; April 16th, 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shaman is looking good!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DefiledVisions View Post
    Hur är det själv?
    Det är helt okej, skolan känns helt värdelös just nu dock. Helst vill man ju bara drop out och rita hela dagarna. I alla fall, jag tycker det känns som att det saknas design features I dina shamaner runt mellangärdet, antingen på ryggen eller magen. Det verkar vara lite tomt på relics eller totems eller vad det nu är shamaner har . Det kanske blir för cliché men du kan ju alltid slänga in en "companion" eller fler djurdelar. Eller så kan du behålla lugnet som dem har just nu och krossa i rendering fasen. Good luck iaf!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these linedrawing look great man, hm not sure wheter i like the pencil or the ps version better, id say render the ps one but show the pencil sketch to, like a concept sheet or something - again: pretty cool

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    midknight - Thanks!

Ludic - Tack för feedbacken kör på med skolan, tro mig, det är väldigt bekvämt att ha det med i vardagen, och det gör din fritid viktigare så du verkligen blir taggad på att måla. Så kör på, utnyttja skolan till fullt, få dina bildlärare att ge dig papper och pennor, se till att du kan utvecklas. Gogo!

xbert - Ah, I never uploaded the pencildrawing. So far though I'm kinda happy with them thanks

Taking a break from the work on the shaman, and started doing a concept of the cook for fun. Felt like I was putting too much pressure on the shaman, exploring different concepts to find the 'perfect' design.
    With this cook I just did a random sketch and let my intuition do all the work, having a lot of fun on this one.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, storm-gillar den där jäveln

Ansiktet vart hur grymmt som helst, Noll kritik! Kör på!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ludic - Thanks!

Hi, finished my cook for the WotC challenge. Hope it goes well I chose to work on this one instead of the shaman since I had more fun with it.

some random background story for the dude

le Cook

"Orf is a culinary master of highest standard. He has perfected the craft of preparing and cooking food working with only the finest of ingredients. With skillz like a pro he'd put even the infamous Gordon Ramsay to shame and make him feel like a little n0ob. Characters from all over the realm of [insert random fantasyworld name here - maybe something cheesy and sarcastic like Dragonland?] gather in scores in hopes of getting but a taste of this godlike chef's exquisite treats.

Fun fact; Orf is allergic to cats </3 .. yet he still loves them.. In a loving way, not a "loves to eat them" way."

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    damn Orf is awesome

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pure love on Mr Orf...*___*

If anybody knows or have the contact stuff to the most wonderfull singer in the known universe please give her this... plxOr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these orcs are fucking awesome, especially the faces. wants me to draw/paint some fantasy stuff

"It's a time machine, Napoleon. We bought it online."

Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 238