Sketchbook: DefiledVisions Sketchbook - Page 70
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2327

Thread: DefiledVisions Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm good man, currently serving my obligatory year in the army. Actually getting a lot of free time to draw.

Those elemental thumbs look cool, are you doing just one or the whole set?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The concept for the spider shark was executed flawlessly. Best cow I have seen in a while.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you stuff makes me want to draw which means i want to sex you up,i mean,congrat you!
    seriously,amazing art dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey great stuff here, thank you for sharing. I really like your underwater monster concept a lot, I dig that fountain great work in the forms as well as the skin tones I need to learn from you.. and really like your little tree monster studies.

Keep posting, I will keep watching!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a really awesome sketchbook, i love the way you make your creatures, they are all so dynamic and creative. after reading about what you went through last year i'm glad you're posting again and in a better place too! it's cool you're keeping up with making art and doing studies, you've already got SO much skill! it would be amazing to see what you're work progresses to in the future!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, you're great! From first post to the last, fantastic!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in love with your SB.

"Why explore the distant planets when my own mind is a mystery and an adventure in itself." S. Rios

"There is no bigger world or greater reality than your own imagination." S. Rios

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Urötskidoji - Thanks! yeah, I decided to go for a mixture of the one to the right together with the two concepts that have branches/roots/trees growing on them. Sadly no time to keep on working this COW.. too much schoolwork.

DennisH-Art - Thanks dude! gogo draw!

Wavenwater - haha, what's art good for if it can't put a smile on someone's face? thank you!

dU5K - Glad you like it!

LordBalen - Thank you for your nice post! it means a lot. Also glad to hear you got something out of it. Sent you a PM.

Odayga - As if my saxxy artwork didn't already? haha thanks! So far, bartendering is a lot of fun. Might be a good part-time job while I focus on getting back into art again. See you around, sorry that our little creature collab has to be put on hold for now. Good luck with life and stuff!

PieMonster - That sounds cool to hear dude! glad to hear you're still drawing. Your sketchbooks is one of the inspiring ones around here! Right now I'm doing none. But they got potential so will see if I can transform them into portfolio-ish stuff

jedininjaman - Cool to hear! glad you think so! got some cool touch-ups to do on thatone that'll turn it into a real nice piece of work.

pgf95 - You bring the chocolate sauce and whipped cream and I'll be yours for one night.. oh, I mean, thanks! glad you're inspired. Gogo draw!

david skeleton - hey, glad to hear! keep on observing the world around you and ask questions. See you around

Alexanderjr - Thank you for your kind words! .. We'll see, hopefully something like "I wanna be the very best, that no one ever was" pokemon themesong!

Greenhouse - *highfive* !

Antgirl - great

Thanks for your kind words everyone! it means so much!
    I'm sorry to say I had to scrap this weeks COW.. last week at my education is coming up and with that, the final tests.. so lots of studying to do.

Other than that, been working on this piece for a while and starting to finish it. A friend comissioned it, and I got a lot of freedom to turn it into a personal piece. Some kind of magic video-game forest (with elements from some of my favorite games, can you spot which 4 games?)

I'm a but unsure if it's too 'messy' with all the branches and details or if it works. I also know there are some perspective issues with the depth and size of objects (logg behind the zombie, sunflowers) Would really appreciate crits. One could say it's my first environment/narrative illustration. I've never done such a complex piece before, had a lot of fun and faced many challenges.

I've come to a point where I feel I repeat what I think I know, rather than learning new stuff. Hopefully when I get time to do studies again, things will move forward.

see you around lots of things are happening right now, for the better too.

*edit* lol just realized my sb has 250.000 views.. thats insane

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DefiledVisions; March 3rd, 2012 at 08:16 AM.

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 333 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    awesome man, that is like.. my ideal commission brief haha. I'm not totally convinced by that waterfall, it's coming from the sky? and the furthest bright green is a little too strong and takes away from the foreground a bit. Other than that, love it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tehmeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is it there we get married commandah? *__* Den ble mycket brah, gillar de mysiga softar faergerna in ze backgwound.

If anybody knows or have the contact stuff to the most wonderfull singer in the known universe please give her this... plxOr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DefiledVisions Nostalgia Carpet bombing this bitch with his most recent piece. xD

My Sketchbook!This scrub needs your guidance

Very Cool Guys:
    Lakai ---- Whirly

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow awesome COW pieces...

My only crit would be to give a little more consideration to the edges that you use. Remember to ask yourself where the focal point is, what you are hoping to draw attention to, etc etc.

Its only a small comment but I say it because I think a little more edge study could add a new level to your already excellent work.

and congrates on the 250,000 views. Thats the result of hard work

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 941 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ha ha, love that little punk in water

M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jag skulle akta mig för killen i vattnet ifall jag var pikachu.. eller iaf göra en THUNDERSMa...STRii... eeh.. THUNDERSMDSAASHD!!! på honom.
    Kul att se att du målar igen!
    Abee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOVE that video game character forest!!! Hows all the freelance work coming for you? hope alls well : )

Talent and Creativity are yours to use and keep

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats some awesome plants vs zombies homage, plus triforce... and pikachu, hanging walnuts... and A+M inside a heart
    yeah, nice!

critics: what you said its right, its not only the size of the elements (all the sunflowers are same size even if some are more far than the others) but what would improve its depth would be if it was stuff really near the viewer, elements that also got cut by the framing of the picture if you get what I mean (my english is limited for some stuff),for example a carnivore plant or a log very near the camera that you would only see a part of it, because at the moment its like the world you created ended all of sudden right at the bottom end of the image
    on the upper part you could do that trick aswell with some of the branches probably,
    it would actually make the image even more complex but also given it more depth, on the far part also the light from the triforce is probably too distracting, I mean its a very nice detail but it catchs too much attention, it should be faded out, leave it like an easter egg people will end up seeing it anyway even if it dosnt shine!

sorry for my rant, I just hope its helpful!

Last edited by f1x; March 12th, 2012 at 04:07 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to f1x For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tehmeh - Thanks for your inputs! I made the backgrund a little less green and more diffuse, also textured it a bit. Decided to keep the waterfall as well even though it doesn't really have a reason to be there

Baconstrap - Oh Bacon.. I never thought you would ask .. I don't know what to say.. please.. have my babies! tackar. Stay baywcown.

Ixallus - Haha! "DefiledVisions, Nostalgiabombing your screen since 2012" new slogan?

ThomasM - Thanks a ton for your input! just what I needed to hear. Definitely something I'll keep in mind for the future.

MatejaPetkovic - brainz! good to see you

Abee - mhm! en PIIIIKAAAAA-CHUUUUUUUU *alksjdalkehrlkahsldkapowdhahsd* *10.000 volt* *död* Tack kul att måla igen.

Odayga - Thanks! glad you like it freelancework is going along nicely, might have a very cool NDA coming up soon. I'm afraid I can't say much more than that. Take care!

Merl1n - Cheers!

f1x - haha you nailed it thanks a ton for your input. I tried to play around with some foreground elements around the frame but it didn't work. I think it's too late to do anything about the picture's perspective at this stage. Really need to study depth more..
    Did some work with textures and lighting to give the picture some more depth to it, hopefully all the elements blend well together and the triforce isn't as distracting as it was earlier. Thanks!

Calling it finished.

What did I learn? I have perspective issues. Back to class I guess and really read up on that! Also I realized I'm getting structure and lighting down pretty well when rendering, but have a lot of trouble with conveying different materials and textures. I'm good at rendering material and texture when rendering with pencils, but when painting I'm totally lost.

I've been listening to Craig Mullins a bit these past days and he says so many interesting things. I'll try to play around with textures a lot more when doodling to actually find out what I can do with them. Right now I'm kinda comfortzoning with hard-round brush and 1-2 textured brushes which is pretty limiting.

Other than that.. I've finished my bartender education and only need to nail one week of 'practice' before I can call myself a bartender. Which is great news! had tons of fun, so glad I actually managed to do this and walk it all the way through.. I have bad experiences in my past from giving up on things like this so it means a lot.

More good news, no more bartenderstudies = much more painting

Take care

Last edited by DefiledVisions; March 12th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

25. The Following User Says Thank You to tobzArt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the piece is superb no matter what
    I'm sure your friend will love it

about the perspective and all, its a minor thing to be honest,
    but your attitude is kickass, you detected a "weak spot" and you will annihilate it :p,
    cant wait to see your future pieces

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks really hatcore maaan, I'm glad to hear that the bartender studies are going well. I will be happy to see more of you work. Take care

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there!
    Your works are just awesome..
    (love the pikachu and the zombie in your last work )

I totally agree with the others - can't wait to see more of your work keep it up

[Frustrated and confused Newbie. Wanna learn from you all ]

Sketchbook :>

"Grades doesn’t measure intelligence
    and age doesn’t define maturity"

Check out: Silwynar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice work mate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    that scene is looking great. A good piece for your friend, no doubt. Looking forward to see more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tobzart - Thanks bro!

f1x - Thanks for your kind words yeah he really likes it. Haha! well.. once detected I'm not so good at doing something about those weaknesses, but that will change!

Mightcrawler - Thanks you mighty crawlah!

Arti - Thanks! glad you like it!

GEB -

Ricardo Robles - Thank you kindly Ricardo

thanks everyone! makes me happy to hear your words.

Updating with a small detail from a piece I'm working on, I don't want to show you the whole yet.. cause it's a secret piece, and I'm really starting to like it
    What I really like about this detail is that I accidently created something that has the feeling I've been looking for all this time, the kinda loose, textured, layers upon layers conceptart look. Still a bit crude, it'll be much more refined once finished.
    Just wanted to share this discovery, and it's definitely something I'll explore a lot more! Once I find out what it is that I'm doing, and how it works, I'll be sure to share it in an understandable way.
    Take care

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

32. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

f1x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Det syns tydligt att den sista bilden är photoshoppad! FAKE! (nähmen seriöst berätta vad det är du målar!!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    youre such a teaser hehe-..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 925 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    beautiful work. hope to see more.

also for a small critique. think about how the energy and force of the pieces work as a whole. i think the composition needs to have more distinct focal points that the viewer can play with.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to JakehC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gorgeous work. keep it up : ).

Talent and Creativity are yours to use and keep

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 241