Page 7 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: DefiledVisions Sketchbook

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks
    Dude, really digging your concepts here. The creatures are looking great and those pencils are nice. Your painted pieces have a good textures to them but the colors can improve more. I will try avoiding pure blacks whenever you can and probably do some studies to improve in using colors. It is a tough subject but you will improve with those and bring your great creatures to life. Keep it up!
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    wow you have so much potential!!! I totally envy you!! your lines are so cool!!! specially on those creatures!! seems to be your favorite subject... you do them very well!!!!! the last digis were pretty neet, still I agree with MaestroAndres... the colors seem too.... hmmm... how do I say it right.... 'clean'? I mean they shine so bright and the saturation is very high.... though I think you chose them very well, nice complementary contrasts and such

I know exactly what you mean by saying you're not in the right mood... I mean it is lame but thats how the truth is!! some days I feel like my brain's totally empty even though the urge to draw is there... and then I think about the other things I should do instead of drawing, so I leave it and fell bad at the same time that I did it... geez!!! life suck sometimes!!! but now enough with the selfpittyness! let's go back to the table and work on our weeknesses I'm pretty sure you will reach one day the level you messure yourself with!!!

bye
    diana
    meh sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=134723
    (shameless selfpromotion)

Thanks
    hey man, I can see that you are experimenting quite a bit, very cool stuff, I like the looseness of the last couple of pieces.

Speaking of that, I loved the #67 sketch, the very rough ones. I think you added too much details too quick after step 4 or so but that is a great start man, mucho impressed.

Stay loose and stay focused.
    Good work
    Cheers
    Vicious Pineapples
    Come, critique our art and help us grow!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 636 Posts
    Woot! Tons of great studies in here, which is always good to see. But what really cracked me up where the creature designs! Nice fucking work man! Do some more digital color studies from life and you'll be all set

Thanks
    great studies. you have some really nice lines with the pencil and awesome creature designs.
    still like your arctic dinosaur. one thing to think about would probably be the head. I can't really imagine what it would look like with a closed mouth. of course it could have a very flat head but I'm not sure if that'd fit to the rest of the body.
    last greyscale creature looks really promising!

Thanks
    Nice studies! Keep doing them because they will help you. Your colors and value look very good, and I love the looseness of your brushstrokes. I'm still trying to figure out how you manage to create the fresh, airy feel in your paintings. The pen sketches are delicious.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 700 Posts
    Velkroboy - haha sorry about that man... hehehe made my day.

Maestro Andres - Thanks a bunch! I'll have to start painting some bananas and apples.

lilou - thank you very much! yea too saturated, which is very often my problem hehe, hell yes, time to kick ass with our tablets.

Buckster Thanks a bunch man. Some how I have problem sketching up a piece, it just flows.. and then when I start working on it I loose ally my initial looseness. Will have to work on that. Will stay loose and focused, Cheers!

Algenpfleger - haha thanks also, thanks for giving me some tips about the books in your SB. Will probably order one now when I get money at the end of the month. Cheers.

Monotony - Thank you! still regret I failed to deliver the piece in time. Oh well. As for the new beast.. my limited colour knowledge ruined it halfway haha. I had to rush it so I made some last-minute-duplicate-layer textures ... It looks really crap now, but I will re-work it after week's chow.

Nightblue - thank you very much. I'm also trying to figure out how I do haha.. more delicious pen sketches coming in.

Wow.. never had to respond to so many comments before.. I must be popular haha joke. Thank you all very much for your comments.. it's what keeps me going.

More nude studies from this week, aswell as chow wip, and continuation on the beast - which is kinda ruined. Will rework it later... also been slacking with my other studies, especially face / selfportraits.. damn.

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Dude what the fuck o.O!
    serriusly, you just punched trough a big mental wall there, great update, love the pen n paper stuff, the anathomy is looking great, and I see ur getting the crosshatching down pretty well to.

you still have to work with how you transfer your lineflow and work out a better way to read your own lines when your going over to digital, cause I see a clash there.

Thanks
    Looking great! Lots of imagination, and some nice figure studies

Thanks
    wow Murli (what a cute name)!
    again all I can say is that you impress me very much! haha though you say you have no clue what you're doing hahahha
    however, I see you are very good at what you're doing and I'm sure you'll go a far way!
    oh, about your question... I use basic human anatomybook from Hogarth and random photographs from google as reference but I'll suggest you keep better go on drawing from life like you just started *good*

umm yeah... nothing more to say right now...hehe... k... so, bye then
    meh sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=134723
    (shameless selfpromotion)

Thanks
    hey man, nice work on the life drawing!

the initial colouring on the "water chick" piece is looking awesome keep that up. I love the orange tones in the blues.
    Please keep working on that.

Cheers mate
    Vicious Pineapples
    Come, critique our art and help us grow!

Thanks
    nice progress!

I would recommend changing the way you transition from grayscale to colors. You seem to hit the colors better when you start from color. I would recommend painting in color more often, and if you are going from a grascale image to color, be bolder in your application. Don't be afraid to lose some fine detail because you painted over it, and don't leave any black or white.

I look forward to see where you take things

14. The Following User Says Thank You to EricElwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Keep the good work man! I see a huge improvement! Watch out for the proportions (they are deadly enemy for each of us)

P.S. - hope you have recieved my message!

Page 7 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast