Sketchbook: DefiledVisions Sketchbook - Page 7

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap!! the last ones rock very bad my friend!!! you totally left me speechless!! if you manage to color those AMAZING lines on the last one I'll marry you!!

really, you are the only one I keep on watching in here... (yeah I know there are some really pros, but you motivate me somehow... ) the cold sucks but I hope thats not too hard, I mean the new job and stuff! after I read your comment I thought you will have the same problems as I do since I have the new job...

keep motivating me Murli ! I thank you so much!! now I'll go to work, but tonight I'll come back look at your progress and try to catch up with ya! *huuuug*
    bye

meh sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=134723
    (shameless selfpromotion)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Love the dragons! They have majesty. Can't wait to see one in a finished piece!

Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 694 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Diana - No, I'm thanking you for all the encouragement you give. Thank you very much Diana! ... too much compliment I'm touched by your words.. really, my random stuff motivating you? my job is only part-time, so I have free time for this aswell.. which is a great relief... see you around

Clochette - thank thank thanks! Dragons coming up when I have time.. I'm planning on making 4 dragons that I can print and give away as christmas presents.. but it's a secret so don't tell anyone

more cow.. 2 days left to finnish this. final sketch done.. now just some tweaks, make the creatures more integrated and make composition more pleasant - planning on making this a christmas present print aswell - so I'll be finnishing it no matter what.

Attached Images Attached Images

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, your sketches are as messy as mine! Well, maybe not... but you've got some really great work here =) Some really great anatomy studies. I especially like the hands. I can't draw hands to save my life, unless I constantly look at ref.

My DeviantArt Page | Help me improve!! My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey mate

yes those horses look good but still I do not really see the differences between the seasons... however, maybe this comes with some color, huh?

hehe, you're very welcome It's just that you do the stuff I desperatly want to do as well, like creatures and environments...hum... and your lines... oh so fearless... mine always look so .... I dunno... academic...

ah well well... lets go to work and please give me some color again... *hug hug*
    bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your working hard buddy! Like all the drawings as usual!
    About the latest update, do you draw blocks first, or do you just draw lines?
    I like how you fill up the whole picture with lines which creates a great atmosphere!

Thanks for stopping by and kicking my ass by the way! Iv'e been sketching some, but you know... School's a bitch so no serious stuff done!
    I'll post some as soon as possible, mate!

Keep this asskicking work up man!

Dan

Hey, Come visit:

And also:

SuiraDefiledVision Snobby

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man! =D

Cool stuff!
    Great and varied poses in those season-creatures, but the designs aren't delivering their specific season clearly enough yet.
    What makes the summer-one the summer-one etc?

I bet that you'll solve that as soon as you get into colouring though

Keep it up!

ReviseTheMethod - DefiledVisions - wookiedabo

"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
    Such a heavy burden now to be the One
    Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
    To write it down for all the world to see.

But I forgot my pen... "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool movement in those sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Meganite - Thank you! hands are tricky.. I love hands.. a fetish maybe? lol.

Diana - thanks.. no color for you, yet. Soon enough

Dannelf - Hey man! For this COW, and the earlier work posted about Yggdrasil I've only worked from lines. I most often tend to do so.. start with a detail like the head.. and then build everything around that.. allthough for the creatures I started doing blocks to get the stuff right, or right enough.

Yea school's a big bitch and so is winter.. all this crappy rain and stuff.. and my new job is pain in the ass.. might end up quiting and start freelancing instead. Do something I enjoy
    will drop by soon.

ReviseTheMethod - Thanks man! tried to go into coloring first.. didn't go good. Starting out in grays now.. cause I realised i cant finnish it in time, so might aswell take my time if this doesnt work out I have a third way of trying this out lol.
    cheers!

Kian
    - Thank you

what I got so far.. weird stuff. quality's too loose
    might dropthe whole thing and focus on each individual first.. then bind then together with hair and roots and god knows what

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, I think you should do them seperatly.... this whole composition is too (sorry) boring.... and the execution does not justice to your wonderfull lines of the sketch...

hmmm... waiting for colorstuff hehehe

ok mate, keep on going, I'll update my sb soon!! finally got something to show

bye bye
    Diana

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Uh this last one is fantastic. It gives me goosebumps how the equine creatures move so naturaly and fluently, keep at this shit

-E

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I must say that I disagree with Lilou's suggestion to do them separately
    I like the current composition very much because it feels very dynamic to me ^^
    Great job so far, keep pushing it
    It'll be interesting to see how you work your colors into it!

But I forgot my pen... "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Diana - Allways a pleasure to have you around I chose this layout because I felt it would be the best way to combine them... uh..can't describe it... Each of the creatures works alone aswell, so might make them one by one, and then make some kind of collage with all 4 together, morphing into each other with this composition.

You'll have to wait a bit longer for colour stuff though.. I'm a lazy sucker
    xoxo

MischevousLittleElf - Awh man! thank you very much. I'm happy it works.. cause I couldn't find so many good horse references, had to make up half of it haha
    cheers.

ReviseTheMethod - Thanks, thats what I was hoping to achieve each creature represents a season, and each season rapidly going into another.

Sorry for not posting in such a long time.. been lazy and tired. Winter really wears me out. Big time.
    Good news is I decided to quit my job.. not worth the time I put into it.. Want to start a freelance career as an artist instead.. soon enough.

Dragons = christmas presents
    Making 4 dragon posters, with the 4 elements. Air is ready to be rendered, and just sketched out fire. More to come these following days.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very inspiring stuff. You have a great sense of form, and your attention to detail is really quite amazing.

I think what makes your work most successful, however, is your radical eye for composition.

I don't know what to criticize. That stuff is gorgeous.

HELP ME!
    MY SKETCHBOOK

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    look ast you pumping out these amazing sketches as if you were a fucking vending machine Put on a quarter, wait 30 seconds and you have a handfull of excellence! Hehe, well anyhoot, I like the dragons, as I pointed out earlier, they are a delight to the eyes, your life studies too, are very impressive and very well done. You PS stuff could use some more work, but that is a harder field to get good at entirely, so just keep doing that stuff and you will see improvement quite quickly.

When it comes to using acrylics, there is a very easy way of getting much more interesting results, and even get it to behave more or less like cheap oils. Not like the good kind of oils, the kind of oils you would actually spend lots of moolah on, oh god no, but still they can become quite decent for studies, i guess. What you do is you go to any art supply (depot, hehe), and you get a few things to blend into the acrylics, and there are about four things you need. One, you need retarder, this is a substance that keeps the paint from drying, and it also makes it thicker, which is great, for some rough pencil work, and it gives it a very nice feel to work with. Secondly you need some acrylic medium, if I remember correctly, this is in fact mostly acryl, and something else, and you use that, like you would use painter medium with your beloved oils, or like you would usually abuse water with acrylics Thirldy you need something called airbrush smoothener or something, it is what you blend into paint to make it able to go through an airbrush without clogging it, and it is great for keeping the paint from lagging on the canvas. Lastly I would advice to get some thickner, just to add to the paint, if you need to add to it, and also some glaze, to put some nice touch on your painting at the end.

Now when you are going to paint your masterpiece, I would first test out the results of grounding the canvas, plate or paper, with a mix of the different things you have bought, so that you see what works best for you. I use an even mix of retarder, airbrushwhatnot and medium, this gives a nice smooth surface on paper.

Oh, and you should also get hold of some really good titanium white, and make sure it is titanium, not zink, seeing as that is a generaly better and more covering paint.

There, I really hope that helped out a bit!

Oh and another thing, might be even cooler to to Midgardsormen, or the Wyrm of Midgard, the great wyrm that lay at the edge of the world, going the entire way around it, and biting it's own tail. That could be awesome I think

-E

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mischeviouslittleelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wooow!! you really know how to amaze me those sketches look fabulous!!!

about the composition.... I'm sure its just a matter of taste, first time I saw it, it remindet me of the old bible illustrations, with the four evangelists. I know these have nothing to do with your pic, but the composition is kind of similar and I always found it, dunno, boring and too constructed.... maybe it would be an opition to really do them seperatly (each with its own frame) and put them together in to one pic...

yeah, winter sucks... !!!
    oh you quit your job? hmmm thats what I'd like to do, but still I don't think I could earn enough money with freelance work to pay my bills, so I keep on going to work. but you have my full respect and I wish you all the luck and sucsess

oh btw, did you get my private massage? and thanks for dropping by my sb (hug hug)
    bye
    Diana

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lilou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wilbur - thank you very much!

MischeviousLittleElf - Thanks for filling me in on the details! lol School has all the paint and stuff I need, thought I've never heard of thickeners. Will have to ask my teacher.
    When I paint I just put out some colours on a pallette and start laying down colours.. thats where I used to get stuck, but thanks to some art books and from learning the hard way digital painting I found out it's much easier to lay down some underpainting first hehe.

I've been thinking about Midgårds ormen.. it's definitely something.. there's a myth where Thor goes fishing and accidently catches the serpent. That could be really cool will have to sketch up some more.
    cheers.

Diana - Thank you! and thanks for digging up this pic.. never seen it before. And what a boring picture haha. There's no interaction inbetween them, and it's like frozen in time - which is oposite to what I'm aiming for don't worry, I'll do everything I can to not make it into anything like this.

I don't have any bills to pay.. yet so I'm in no trouble..

Second dragon (fire) done. Sketched earth on paper, scan tommorow - then got water left

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your last creatures and dragons. I really love seeing you draw dragons, because it shows that you really enjoy it! Love how your lines are getting free, it looks great.

And I love those studies! Do you recommend that book, 'Constructive Anatomy'? I looked it up, and it looks awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your imagination a lot, dude.
    awesome rendering on your sketches, too!
    Do more finished stuff, yer avatar is dope...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome stuffs man, I am pleased to see that you are evolving at such a rapid pace, great work! Your latest colour pieces has some very nice colours and depth.
    Your pencils are getting much stronger as well. You have achieved a very clean look to your lines, dont spoil it by adding too many scribbles or darkening the background.

Keep up the good work mate, cheers!

Vicious Pineapples
    Come, critique our art and help us grow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mokinzi - thank you sent you a PM about the book

Oden - Thanks man! working on this, will have a huge amount of finnished stuff during holidays.. have eyes open these coming weeks.

Buckster - Hey man, Thanks for the feedback! Yea i feel much more confident with lines now. It's rendering, and colouring where I get stuck these days. Sometimes I get lucky, as with the creatures I made.. but otherwise I usually get stuck when I combine colours and stuff... crap

Third dragon, Earth/Nature ... I'm happy with the wing design.. The design is technically not capable of flying.. but hey, atleast it looks cool.

Last edited by DefiledVisions; December 1st, 2008 at 07:03 PM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those lines look great! Looks like you're seriously getting your process down in terms of line weights, and the poses are very dynamic too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking sharp, mate =)
    Keep it up!

But I forgot my pen... "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man Made God - Thanks man!

ReviseTheMethod
    - Thank you

Hiatus.. just no idea what to do. Forced myself to some studies yesterday and some sketching.

also started this weeks chow just cause there's a dinosaur in it Time to get rid of the hiatus.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aaaaahhhhhwwwww.... this makes me wanna cry out loud....*sniff*
    bye see ya on msn...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Diana - Be strong.. don't fight it.. thanks. Cya

More chow, the symbols are in order: Death - Dragon - Strength .. google is your friend.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Studies.

• File Type: jpg 1.jpg (117.7 KB, 555 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (159.6 KB, 549 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (161.5 KB, 555 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (162.8 KB, 561 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (84.1 KB, 551 views)

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    started working on the dragons.. at last Oo....

Last edited by DefiledVisions; December 12th, 2008 at 09:17 AM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its x-mas

did some sketchies with my cousins wacom... man it's so great. It's not an intuos.. but it's so much smoother than my intuos 2... total line control

anyway-- have a nice holiday people.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The red dragon up there is looking more and more awesome... Looking forward to see it finished ^^ And yeah, those studies are getting great too! Would like to see you be more playful with experimenting on different body types eventually ^^ That is something I find really exciting.

What wacom tablet is it your cousin have? Cool sketches!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokinzi For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook