Page 55 of 157 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 706 Posts
    Two Listen - Yes I agree with you, it is valuable and a good way of putting things into perspective. The in-tune state is much of what I switch in between, from being a hard worker one day to a slacker the other. By observing, as you say, I can handle it directly and use it to get in-tune again.
    What you wrote about worrying, that's great to hear! I recognize myself very much in your words. It can easily be interpreted as a nonchalant way of being, not caring about what happens in situations, but it is not. It's more a state of detachment, not worrying about the outcome because everything is in constant change, atleast thats how I perceive it.
    With this I'm not saying to not reach for a better outcome or to not change one's current situation, on the contrary. What I am saying is that by not being attached you allow yourself to rise over the otherwise so fluctuating being, negative situations will hardly have an impact while positivity will be much more attainable. (currently reading Eckhart Tolle, pretty good read heh)

When ever I have a bad day I try to just go with it, because I know that I have good days too, and that every successful person has gone through the same. It's by overcoming those bad days that we grow, no? so I just observe that today is just as it should be and try to do the best out of it. Often I have such a day because there are matters to attend to that I've been neglecting, like cleaning my room.

Thanks for dropping by my friend! always fun to talk a bit. Regarding the superstar thing.. I just want to draw

Some studies, hands from bridgman mixed with hands from mind aswell as some gesture drawings. today is a better day! still slacked a bit, wanted to do some digital studies too but alas, there are none.
    Also I'll be away over the weekend, attending ze le Grande sketchmeet of heavenly epicness! yeah!
    It's gonna be aweeesum! getting to meet up with some cool ppl here on the boards like Pencilator, Nim and Dile_ to mention a few
    Also going to check out a new exhibition opened in Gothenburg showcasing original works of Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Raphael. Oh the inspiration..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    danm man your killing it!
    inspiring keep up the hard work
    -Jamie

Thanks
    Holy Sh!t that is a lot of studies dude, I agree 150% that is inspiring. All of those hands, funny things you said I should do hands, because I had started doing them like an hour before you posted that lol. Its awesome, lol i'm gonna do like 10 pages of studies to night, mostly gesture, I guess I'll see what happens. Happy Trails.
    The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,969 Posts
    lovely figures mate.Its very nice that you start seeing things in anatomy, you may show us your understandings some time
    Lets keep up mate

Thanks
    Your stuff is wicked nice. It was really inspiring to see you draw first hand at the meet and seeing the copious amounts of studies here inspires me even more.

Kör på!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    SOOO I've heard, that swedish brains are particularly rich in potassium and, contrary to popular belief impart quite a bit of knowledge. I now, humbly request yours, because mine is not enough. We might even be able to work out like a futurama floating head deal via fire wire and I could put you in my backpack.

Thanks
    Holy shit man! You’ve exploded!! insane amount of studies, just when I think I’m working hard I see this...... page 16 was inspiring, keep going dude!
    "Fuck me with a spear!..." -- Quote a song of ice and fire

SKETCHBOOK

BlOG

Thanks
    OmertA - Thanks!

Diarum - Hey, thanks. Sounds great! You learn a lot by doing gestures. I suggest you switch between some gestures from ref and some anatomy from ref, that way you get to apply the anatomy to the gesture. And after doing say, a page of refs.. pick one of the poses and draw something from mind in the same pose.. could be a monster or a person. By doing that you get to pound in the knowledge even more.

Kingkostas - Yeah it's fun being able to understand the anatomy instead of just copying. Yes, lets keep up!

Citrusfrukt - Rawr! Thanks, I checked your sb, you're doing pretty damn good too!
    det var riktigt kul att träffas och rita, och det kommer hända igen. Kör på du med!

MetalFingers - I would so be up to that, though I demand to be floating around in transparent vanilla-sauce, heated up to body-temperature. We could travel all around the world.. the dynamic duo, Metal and Sauce.. in ur dreams. Now go draw!

Benjie - Thanks man! you keep it up too!

Hey! the sketchmeet was awesome! I learned a lot We met up at the Natural history museum and sketched the whole day! Pencilator gave me some tips on shading and it's helped a lot. The following day we got to visit Florence Academy of Arts. Fantastic school! I want to be able to paint at the level they are I'll just have to work harder hah!
    Some sketchbook stuff and an attempt to give this weeks COW a shot. I suck at painting, this took like 4 hours re-painting so much. No idea what I'm doing.. need to start drawing and painting more from life and apply it to my imaginary work. Cause I dont..
    Thanks everyone! laters

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    That dragon needs a beer.

Thanks
    good update man! haha the 3-legged goblin ballerina is weird
    I love when you do those mass hand studies are they from life or imagination ?
    My sketchbook:
    Fumble

My brothers sketchbook:
    Braintree

Thanks
    inspiring book this is..! the amount of studies you've done certainly has paid of, the hands from memory is evident of that! i'm gonna go do some studies now..

keep it up!

www.aslev.com

TEAM IKEA

III Aslev Flaskpost Andorz III

Thanks
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,969 Posts
    hello mate .Thats nice hatching you have done here.The wolf is lovely
    lol i laughed with the first sketch
    the dragon already seems interesting to me.keep up!!!

Thanks
    Metal Fingers - Beer for you.. (look down)

Fumble - Thanks! they are from imagination.

Notic - Sweet gogo draw!

Kingkostas - Thanks, the wolf was in the museum, I love wolves.. it was a bit sad though to see all the stuffed baby animals. Poor pups
    I'll keep working on the creature.
    take care mate.

Yowz.. couldn't sleep that creature isn't supposed to be a dragon. Though, here are some real dragons to get my mind relaxed. Hopefully the God of dragons will let me sleep now (MetalFingers my dragons love beeeer how did you know?)
    Last edited by DefiledVisions; March 23rd, 2010 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks
    Niiiicccceee...... If I were the god of dragons I would be happy! And the studies!!!!! I think I'm going to faint from overload. The hands are definitely looking much better.

Maybe you could try some different angles of looking at the dragons. You tend to do a lot of the flat on the side. (COW, wolf sketch, both dragon sketches for examples on this page)

Thanks
    Your dragons are seriously amaaazing. And those hands, and everything else, damn.

Dragons are the coolest things ever so keep doing those

Page 55 of 157 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast