Sketchbook: DefiledVisions Sketchbook - Page 33
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: DefiledVisions Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great dragons as always i also like how you approached the water

i reviewed your drawings at page 19 - you never seem to fail your outlines - and i really like how energetic you draw them (though still accurate)

i think you could imrprove your expression of form if you try to apply this:

click (Harold speed : science and practice of drawing

Page. 99 beginning from "speaking generally"
    maybe other parts of the book are also useful to you too i just wanted to be comprehensive -

no Smartass-ness intendet (since iam far from mastery of this anyway lol ... ) just want to be helpful

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Morten For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aweeeesome!

[url]www.flickr.com/andreaalemanno[/url]

MY THREAD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    SnobbyOo -

Oren90 - Hehe, thanks!

Citrusfrukt - Yes man, it is a bumpy road indeed. Keep on enjoying! thank you for your kindness

Phizpietl
    - Thank you! can't get enough of your work Phil! really inspiring.

Si_swe - Thank you, I think so too haha.

Pencilator - Yes, 3d turned out really bad though. Thank you Per, your tips are really great! It's only until recently I've started to be more aware of the whole. Still so much to learn and apply!
    Landscapes are not forgotten
    take care friend!

Man Made God
    - Lol! from now on I'll use that as a guideline to credibility! hahah, to be honest I'd eat the whole goddamn planet too.

UmpaArt - so true

Stigx92 - Thank you Stig. I don't know where to start, it's fantastic to hear that you've found the spark to draw through some of my work. Hope to see work from you in the future! Thank you very much for your kind words, as of late, I've been lost in my mind. Your words slowly brought me back.
    Thank you.

MetalFingers - hehe, yes! something to get us started -

Mischeviouslittleelf - Thanks Elf!

KingKostas - Rawr!

Nanoblack
    - Thank you! gotta love dragons!

Morten - Hey man, thanks a ton for the book! really interesting read, found a nice e-book version of it. Don't worry about being a smartass, thanks for the help. See you around

lepracauno - Thanks!

I have been absent for so long, and still you drop by. I thank you deeply, seeing everyone's comments and posts really help me to get through times like these don't know what to say.

Hey, long time no see. I'm dead.. kind of. Not really, mentally maybe? spiritually, definitely.
    This is not the first time I'm writing about this haha, it comes and goes. There seems to be an inner struggle between two sides of me. The first one is the free aspect of me, that of my personality which flies with the wind. It seeks knowledge and tries to live the day, every day. It is warmth, free and draws to live and lives to draw.
    The other side is a shadow. I've come to understand it as the product of programming and growth. How this aspect, through an early age has been taught to stay passive, been fed with delusions, false stimulation through television and media. This aspect of me seeks not to live the day, but escape it through the only means known. It tries to hide inside computer games and other mindless activities.
    During the past weeks I've been observing the struggle between these two aspects. It happened mainly because things started to come to a breaking point where I've been having many things to focus on at the same time. When that happens, instead of facing them, I run from them. It's been like that throughout my childhood and later parts of life.

Through this, I've also begun to understand how these aspects work, when they thrive and when they shatter.
    I am going to fail my 3d course, I didn't do everything required of me. However, It is okay, during the past year I've tried to fill my life with conventions. Everyone my age studies something, in one way it's a subconscious process of trying to fit into "the right world".
    Who is to say what the "right" world is, not you, not anyone but me. Reality is how we choose to perceive it, if anyone has seen the movie "Don Juan deMarco" you might know what I mean.
    I cannot fool myself, art is such a strong part of me it drives me crazy if I don't do it, and it is sure as hell to tell me when part of me tries to lure me into something else.
    Everything is alright. In some sense, I am not afraid any longer. There is no fear left in me to fuel this shadow aspect.. fear of failure, fear of not making it. Fear is healthy in one way, as long as it doesn't become part of your identity.. I've come to understand how my life works now. It's as if my inner sky is clearing, and the clouds are at move.

All is good.

As a response of me coming to terms with my failure, with accepting that no matter how hard I try to focus on things that distract me from art I end up failing it, life decided to kick me into the right direction again.

As I mentioned a while ago, I will be holding a workshop. It's due to next week and it's going to be a blast. I'm going to paint live with my wacom and laptop, with the screen projected onto a wall. There will be hundreds of people coming and going. If I inspire one single person to start doing what they love, then I have succeeded. The workshop will be awesome.
    But wait.. there's more.
    There's a small summer festival at the end of May close to where I live. I have been asked if I want to be there and paint portraits at their chillout-area. I will have my entire visit payed, and I will get additional pay for doing this. Can't say no, it's too sweet of a deal.

I have also been asked if I want to hold in a weekly art course at the 'activity house' in my town, starting this fall. They used to have some kind of 'learn how to draw manga' thing going on but it stopped. It's a perfect opportunity to get some experience in how to teach art. Not only will I get to do what I love, I will get to inspire the generation of tomorrow, and that my friends, is probably one of the greatest things to do.
    Beyond that, I will be illustrating a children's book and designing a logo for a local music club.

There is always hope, and I have through experience come to believe that the world functions in certain ways depending on how to approach life and how you fill life. You could say that, when trying to something else, not because you wanted to, but because you felt you had to do it to fit in, or in other words, deceive your self-perception, your inner self, your soul, your totem animal, whatever, tries to show you that you are only fooling yourself. Depending on how aware you are of your surroundings and your your inner self, you might experience this is different ways.
    Some might become confused because they are 'doing the right thing' and yet everything fails. Others might come to realize that they have only been seeing things from one perspective, and as soon as they get a look from another angle, a whole other world opens up.
    There is a beautiful world out there, it's about time we start to live in it.

Do what you love, Love what you do!

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by DefiledVisions; May 5th, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    swamp thing is looking effing spiffy mate! I finally got a second monitor up and running so its all about digital paints! ROAAAOOWR! On the life subject, its interesting to hear your thoughts on the matter as I've been experiencing kind of the same things, going through a bit of a rough patch with my schooling, not sure if a fine arts university degree is really all that worth it? The bright side is coming though like you said, everybody dance and have a beer!

Last edited by Alex Konstad; May 6th, 2010 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 531 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well, if you can't do 3D, take solace in the fact that you are a 100% certified dope-ass digital painter. Congrats on all of that success headed your way, it sounds awesome. The swamp dude is looking wicked and those two dragons are really coming along. Looking forward to seeing updates on all of that stuff. See you around COW.

Check out creature designs and make some of your own:
    Creature of the Week; Creature Spot

View Simon Sweetman's art etc. at:
    Art Blog:May Contain Dragons; Personal Website; Twitter: @SiSweetman; Livestream Channel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know exactly what you mean. (i've done a bunch of studies lately though its hard for me to tell if iam somewhat improving - especially because i have to prepare an application i dont feel quite ready for )
    and im glad to hear that you are determined about what you do - also grats on all that workshop / comission stuff you've got coming -
    As Bobby Chiu would say : as long as you keep working hard and show that you are out there - life will find a way to reward you. keep it coming

ps: i like how the intertwining dragons are turning out , great scale details - maybe put a lighting into the clouds ?
    that creepy swamp lurker looks nice too

Last edited by Morten; May 6th, 2010 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Metal Fingers - Whaaaaa?? second monitor!!! I want one! nice man, nice!
    I hear ya man, it's something natural to go through, regarding art school, what I have been told, Art directors want two things from you, good art and within deadlines. You having a degree means nothing to them.
    If the school is good and you feel it's something you've been needing all along, nice teachers, nice facilities, nice curriculum.. then go for it. Otherwise, I fear going to school might just as well be a dead end.
    What I have heard from friends who know people who have gone to "prestigious" art schools in London and New York, the schools were shit. They totally ruined them and their creativity.
    I personally wouldn't go for anything but an atelier. It's your call man, check around the boards what people have to say, look at your situation from different angles. Do you need school? can you do art on your own? can you combine art studies with something else? etc. Wish ya all the best.

Si_Swe - Thanks a ton man, woa, 100% certified ass-dope! yes, see you around!

Morten - Thank you, I think Bobby Chiu is very right when it comes to that. And with studies, yes, it takes time. Most of the time I can't really see any improvement until I sit down and do those rare paintings that just create themselves on the canvas. With those I usually see just how much I actually improved.
    I feel my drawing has been improving a ton lately, will scan some stuff when I get around to it.
    Thanks!

Hey, thanks for your kind words. Keeping it short today. Here's some wip on the COW. Playing around with colours, hard time geting atmosphere and stuff. Who knows how this will turn out?
    Haven't done digital painting for a while, feel a bit rusty.. good, that leaves a lot of space for improvement

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome dragons on the first few pages. Keep up the good job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool color sketch, it will be interesting to see how this one will end up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my thoughts exactly, my thoughts exactly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pixel Cheetah - Thanks, more to come!

Oren90 - agreed thanks

Metal Fingers - It'll turn out alright, art will find you. Now gogo draw! With that said, life should be about dancing and having a beer to this -

2:14 ... soulgasm.

More work on the COW. Not much to show for now, have to focus on our dance show, premiere today and two more shows on saturday.
    Having some compositional problems, background is way more interesting than the foreground. The head of the big worm is far to the corner which can cause problems attention wise, will have to direct focus to the head through suggestive lines, maybe add leaves and branches that flow with the body, and also atmosphere and contrast. It'll turn out alright when I get into rendering Been looking at Ruan Jia's work for this one, his subtle textures and colour transitions are really something I want to be able to do.

Last edited by DefiledVisions; May 7th, 2010 at 07:52 AM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    cool dragons man, very nice colors

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice very nice.And you also added some depth in this last one.Now you have to keep rendering it.
    Keep up the good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, i think the green part in your cow entry is looking like Ruan Jia's. It's a good idea to study his stuffs, as i think it will be a good compliment to your styles One crit though... or maybe just a question: From the rule of perspective, the worm's body should be going smaller the further it is from the viewer, from what i see here in your piece, the worm's middle body (the part that lying flat on the ground) is translated bigger than the body near its head. Is that intentional? cuz it's possible i know, since it's a creature design. Well, i hope that made sense

Keep creating stuffs, you

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

17. The Following User Says Thank You to witcrack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Defiled Visions - Thank you for your kind messages which really made my day especially the PM but the thanks really do belong to you mate, you've inspired many users on these forums through your hard work.
    I'm sure you will inspire many at the workshop that you are going to and I wish you the best of luck for it. It would be cool if you could get photos and videos from the event posted on here too.
    I will eventually make my own sketchbook on these forums when I have a decent amount of work to post up. I'm on my FMP at college which is concept art for character development so I'm really busy with that. I've been doing the posemaniac exercises that you do. I'm at 60 secs atm, its harder than it looks, maybe one day I can make it 30 secs
    Your swamp creature looks very mean, can't wait to see it in all its glory and your dragons are amazing as usual.

Thanks for your time responding to my message and keep up the work

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stigx92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    drink drink drink drank drunk got a pocket full of dollars and a soul full of funk. Watch your brush strokes on zeh last piece, some of them while I know are just initial strokes and you will render over the top but but but but some don't comply or sit well with the worms form. Watch that contrast too as you build this piece up.

Last edited by Alex Konstad; May 7th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Konstad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man I really really like those dragons! The colors are delicious and the sense of motion. . killer!
    Love it.

I suppose no matter what I'm drawing, there will always be some sort of question in my mind about it. A work of art (even cartoon art) is never really finished; it is abandoned.
    _ Brooke McEldowney,

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ricardo Robles - thank you! hope to show more progress of them soon

Kingkostas - Thanks mate! will do cheers!

Witcrack
    - Thanks! it's nice of you mentioning it. I didn't really notice that, I noticed that the body was lying down in a weird angle that didn't translate the movement well, but didn't see the size connection. Will see what I can do.. though, I don't think it's a big of a deal

Stigx92 - Heya mate, thank you! I'll see what I can do about photos and filming. I agree, it would be really cool to get something done. I have a friend that does film and he has a really really insane camera. His stuff looks like things you see on tv. Might be able to get something together
    Let me know when you open up a sb! sounds cool! Posemaniacs is good for getting into gestures and improving hand motion. When doing them don't rush it. I mean, try to "work fast, slowly" - instead of 5 strokes to mark a curve, try to use as few strokes as possible. If it's my posemaniacs sketches from my old sb you're talking about, you'll notice how I built them with blocks and how the proportions were all in a mess. Then again, just have fun with them 30 seconds will come sooner than you think.

Metal Fingers - Yeah, didn't think of that patch that totally ruins the sense of worm.. ugh. You're right though, it's something Im painting ovah!
    gotta give it to you, that track is really sweet.. Here's something I keep close to my heart -

Asterisks - Thank you very much!

Just a quick midnight update, or else I won't be able to fall asleep! A page from my sketchbook, a pencil sketch of my sexy tiefling, and full sketch in photoshop. After analyzing DanielC's sketches I've come to understand how he does it and have been applying it to my workflow. My pencil shading and crosshatching has been reaching new levels lately. Will see if I can get it scanned better, and if so, scan some more pages that you haven't seen.

As for the sexy and horny (pun intended ) girl, the ArtOrder blogg has a challenge going on - DnD Pin-up! - check it out here
    Deadline is may 16 so still lots of time.
    I think her pose works, it feels daring and sexy. Given that the lines are very suggestive at this point, I'd keep crits to later. Though if anyone notices something questionable, do tell

good night for now!

Last edited by DefiledVisions; May 7th, 2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: some of the pics didn't show

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seeeexxxy!.. wise word you've got up there. Too bad you missed the long pose in Lund! Yer gonna finish the lady in ps? Also, that dude is looking sweet. Nice lightning

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    watch the angles of her features on her face, they look a tad crooked. Also, I think the top of her head needs to be a tad bigger, nothing some lassoing can't fix though! That emancipator track was prettttty goooddd. blah blah blah finish that swamp monster foooooooooool.

Last edited by Alex Konstad; May 7th, 2010 at 10:41 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Konstad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, one of the things i always look for in a painting is the "flow" (i don't know if it's a correct English term, but i hope it made sense) and the worm's body here, thanks to its long shape, plays an important role in suggesting that flow, so i think the gradual change of size (along with its shape, direction, color shifts, etc) have to make sense.

Anyway, your latest updates, i like them a lot! Especially that lady.

Keep it up!

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

29. The Following User Says Thank You to witcrack For This Useful Post:

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man I really like this sketchbook - loving your painting style. Would like to see some more confidence in your linework with pencil, with some more bold rhythmic lines: sometimes I find it difficult to pick out the correct lines of the pieces. Apart from that though its looking great!

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Konstruktion - Arrh, yeah, I haven't been around life-drawing in ages! I'll see you next week! yes, bringin the girl further in photoshop.

Metal Fingers - Yeah, agree with the face, thanks man! haha swampness coming up soon, and yes, emancipator is sweeeeet. All his songs are nice.

Witcrack
    - Yeah I know what you man, I'll get to it when I can thanks!

ThomasM - Thank you! I hear you on the confident lines. Normally my lines are a bit more like in photoshop, but when it comes to faces, and especially female faces I am so damn careful. I just have to draw more faces. Some sketches coming up soon.

Hey everyone, tonight is a great night! The Dance show went really really good. Dancing is so damn fun, two years ago I never thought I would be able to dance.. but I gave it a shot, and now I'll never be able to stop, as with art and playing music
    Back stage all the small kids made me draw them things, it was great fun. They'd pose for me and then I'd turn them into monsters. One of them became a disco werewolf, another became a Troll cleric. A third became a "half-skeleton" with boned wings. Oh man kids are fun, they made me draw so many awesome things. Will scan some stuff tomorrow.

For now.. bringing my sexy Tiefling further! fixed her nose and eyes (i mean eye sockets, eyes coming in next update ) her face reads much better now.

Last edited by DefiledVisions; May 8th, 2010 at 06:53 PM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh man just updated my sb and saw you iam pretty curious about the monster kids you drew

like the facial traits so far very neat the gesture is also great
    im not certain about the hand / forearm on her hip something seems off

i guess its because there are 3 outlines meeting
    look at page 6 for discription of what i mean

http://www.animationmeat.com/pdf/mis...al_drawing.pdf

have nice one

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Morten For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well isn't she just the sexiest little vixen you've ever seen. RAWR.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lady becomes more beautiful really) It's very interesting to see your disco werewolf XD

Sketchbook
    I'm mostly self-taught, please if you have free minute leave some crits for me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this lady devil is looking good

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Morten - Thank you for that link! page 6 had some really interesting information. Never knew that about tangents before, very helpful.

Metal Fingers - rawr!

Sillirien - Thanks, disco werewolf coming up

Oren90 - Glad you think so! I agree

Some sketchbook action including more rendered 'travel doodles' and speedy sketches the kids made me do these last two days. When I scan I have to bend my sketchbooks in harmful ways.. should get a new one, it's like 10 years old anyway.
    Pokemon and all sorts of monsters were a really popular topic fun thing is it's me came up with the ideas.. 'I know, lets turn you into a flying skeleton' or.. 'you want a charmander? I'll tell you what, lets turn him into a zombie!!'
    Though, have to give credits to Texahol's great pokemon mutations! they were a huge inspiration.
    ah, the joy of never growing up !

As for the Tiefling pin-up, her chest in a very unnatural angle, way to sharp.. 90 degrees bend anyone? found a good ref pic with a girl in the same pose as her and will do some tweaks to get a more natural flow in her body.

Last edited by DefiledVisions; May 9th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

38. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gah! Someone has been busy. As much as I love your paintings, I really enjoy your drawings too. As someone already said, it's awesome how loose they are and accurate at the same time.

I think one of your best intangible qualities you have is how interesting you make everything. I want to stare at each of your drawings and paintings forever haha.

The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, seems like you have tons of stuff going on with the workshop and all that. People will get crazy inspired, don't ye doubt. Get your ass over to Gothenburg and do a workshop here too

Love the playfulness in your sketches, you simply can't help but smile, haha.

Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 242