Sketchbook: DefiledVisions Sketchbook - Page 29
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: DefiledVisions Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Jaredsalmond - Thank you!

Kingkostas
    - Will do mate .. I'll save that idea for later. Definitely want to do something with it though haha

Paulie - Most definitely! Yeah it was Mr.Delicious.. I actually read that exact same crit and it really got deep into me. Our journey is long for sure.. but I can't think of any better path.

Witcrack - Haha, more beer and dragons! thanks

Matty_McMullen - Guiness is a great beer!

Metal Fingers - Tell me about it.. sounds just like my day. That smiley is the shit! haha! Yeah thanks, I'll keep that in mind. It's actually something I'm aware of. When I start drawing their chest I'm kinda lost.. structure indeed. Lol, that joke! .. oh man. You sure you shouldn't be doing standup comedy?
    Thanks for kicking my butt

The_Flying_Dutchman - Thanks! didn't know that haha

Kambei Shimada - haha thanks! yes!

Thank you for all your kind words everyone, means a lot! I've had a rough time these two days.. huge issues when it comes "to be, or not to be.."
    Long story short.. I started playing my favourite game, which is the best game in the world, Diablo2! cause the new patch released and stuff, got stuck in that. All day went by and I cursed myself after that today was a bit better. This had to happen at some point, gaming has been a huge part of my life since I was 9, and for the first time I've been able to honestly see myself choose drawing over gaming. Diablo 3 won't come out until 2011 earliest anyway so I'm safe for now..
    Oh well.. re-visited bridgmans hands one last time before starting with the arm.
    Thanks for pushing me and keeping me motivated, it's not easy being human
    cheers.

Attached Images Attached Images            

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh sorry Devin didn't see you there.. guess I was spending too much time on my post haha! riiiiiiiight. Riiight. ... gtfo ..... maybe you're right mwuahaha

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    D:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Texahol -

Hey, worked my COW all day. And man am I good! it still sucks, but I managed to finish it which is a rarity.. I think it feels sloppy.. could've payed more attention to feet, the mouth and the neck-details. Over-all I think it works though, I'm getting better at light and shadow, but this was still really hard.
    Anything in particular coming to mind? would love to hear opinions/crits.

cheers for now!

*edit* That hind-foot is so off it's not even funny.. too tired to care atm. Might clean this up cause it's a pretty cool portfolio piece!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    defiled vision the eager beaver even though you played diablo2 (which i did too xD - had too "try" out hydras which turned out to be a wasted day ) you are atill very productive your pencil stuff - as always - looks great which makes me go emo regarding my own slacking pencil studies -

Keep it up & feel free to visit my SB everythig is welcome - even insults - they invoke the more than ever mentallity in me xD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm liking your COW piece, but I hate to say that to me it really does not look finished.

The environment in particular is extremely rough. I get that you may want to keep it looser than the creature, but I would still work on it more. I also don't get the relationship between the creature and the environment. It looks completely out of place in some snowy landscape.

On the creature itself I have a few things to say. It can use a little more rendering in spots (feet, back spines etc). My main issue, however, is the head. The lower jaw is too short compared to the upper; if it were to close its mouth there would be a big hole on the underside of its head . The lower haw also appears to be out of perspective with the top.

Anyways, I hope I don't sound too harsh, but I thought I'd let you know my thoughts on the piece, even though I see you have already submitted it. You are improving at a phenomenal speed, and I hope you keep up this pace. You are a real inspiration.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Sonea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    front large fore limbs, I think the beasts right arm should be a tad smaller then the one closest to the viewer? Just lasso that sheez into shape, man digital tools are easy! No palette knife/oil rag/ruined canvas. As far as other crits, Andrew said some really good stuff, the feet in particular could benefit from some careful rendering to really imply some bone structure. Also, his remark about the jaw I would agree with as well, one thing I've really started trying to do is really think about the functionality of each piece of a creature im drawing in the world it lives in, I'd do a paint over but its spring break and I:M oSHAWASTED
    ++EDIT++
    back to school on monday, gonna have lotsa stuff to post in the SB, might just have to take pictures of the sketchbooks all stacked up instead of scanning every page.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Konstad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work man ;]

MY SKETCHBOOK
    HTML Code:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=184529

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice SB man. TONS of great studies. Keep up the hard work and have fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your latest drawing is looking pretty cool. Andrew and Metal Fingers have pretty much said most of it and I agree with the crits they're giving you. I'll try to give you some crits as well if I can... ha: so on its left foreleg, it seems you're trying to make it look like it's hovering over the ground, but it still looks planted. You might be able to exaggerate that arm or slightly reposition it to make it look lifted up. Some minor nit picky stuff... Maybe build up some snow on the feet to reinforce that this thing is standing on top of a snowy hill.

Well, this thing is looking pret-ty damn cool. Would love to see what you do with it if you decide to polish this up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Forgive me.. for I have sinned. I tried to catch 'em all

Morten - Haha, I'm sorry to tell you, but Hydras have always been fail The game just isn't the same anymore.. last ladder I was top 20 with my 94 druid. This ladder I found out about it 1 day late so I couldn't hardcore it .... was no fun.
    I'll drop by! never with insults though. Cheers!

Andrew Sonea - Thank you so much for that thorough analysis! I agree with everything, truth be told I really rushed it. As the deadline was suppose to be friday.. anyhow. As this is a potentially strong portfolio piece, I'll take it back to the drawingboard. Sure it sounds harsh, but also it is fair. People are used to be told everything wrapped around misguiding adjectives.. and not so often in honest words

Metal Fingers - Maaaan.. how come you're out partying while I'm at home drawing. Christ.. the world is unfair. Thanks, you and Andrew really helped me. I'll dropkick your post on monday, 'till then

EpicKey - Thanks!

Big Bad Wolfman
    - Thanks! Hope you have fun to

Geeshin - Thanks, yeah the arm is supposed to look lifted. I think the shadow is fucking things up. Introducing more of the environment to the creature sounds like a good idea, thanks!

maeshanne - Thank you!

Forgive me father.. for I have sinned.. not really, but yes, I spent the majority of my weekend playing Pokemon Red on my computer (WTF???!?!?!?!) My younger brother is all into grinding pokemon games now and introduced me to my childhood heroin... thanks bro. Once when I was 12 we had a task during class to write down what we would like to become when we grew up. I wrote: Pokemon Master. No kidding. (On a sidenote, my team currently consists of: Venusaur, lvl 32, Nidoking lvl 27, Mew lvl 29.. yes Mew no haxx)
    Arh I feel so ashamed.. pokemon.. crap.. haha. Here's what I managed to pump out... forgive me.
    Why the hell am I hardcore gaming 10 year old Pokemon games??.. I miss partying so damn much I can hardly focus on drawing and instead I try to catch 'em all haha, the irony... I'll just stop right here before I make it worse.
    Thank you for your kind words everyone, I'll shape up.

edit..Ok Fuck THIS.. seriously tried to upload pictures for 40 minutes. Attachment Manager kept reseting them over and over, I don't get it.. what the hell? 2 am in the morning, have mercy on my fragile and over-reactive mind. I'll try upload one last time *_*

Last edited by DefiledVisions; March 28th, 2010 at 08:07 PM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha - im considering getting a pokemon game sometime soon. I get the feeling i reaaally might not want to. When i last played it, it was ok for me to spend hours and hours doing nothing but walking in the long grass.

Great work dude, the studies look good. But im loving the COW you did, its got some good lighting and texture to it. The upper body is very good looking, its shame about the ground though - given a little bit of finish it could look ace!

Keep it up dude.

Andrew Porter - Andy - Phandy - PHATandy

www.phandy.co.uk

BLOG

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha, yea my priorities have been a bit fucked over this past week, good arms, really hammer in those structures. One thing I was recently told in the SB was about focusing on bridgman and how most people look nothing like what is being drawn, soo try and take the structure of bridgman and then apply it to life drawing or photo's, do a bridgman drawing and then close the illustration and try and exaggerate all the muscle forms that you just drew in the constructive anatomy book on the reference you're drawing from. Cheers. Tomorrow, sweet sweet tomorrow.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Konstad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PHATandy - You should totally get one haha.. nah, try to avoid it. Thanks, I'll re-work it a bit cause it could turn out great.

Metal Fingers - Hey, I'd trade drawing for partying any day! damn winter I tell you, that's why Scandinavians are so cynical, we get too little sunlight. If I tried to wear my sexy shirt I'd freeze to death, and it's soon April.
    I saw that post in your SB, it was a great one. I've been chewing on it a bit. Cheers.. sweet tomorrow.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That chow dragon is just soo stinking amazing, love it!

I hear ya on the attachment manager, happens to me every now and then. Fucking annoying when you just want to get it all up and to to sleep ._.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really good studies man, need to do some myself. The CoW looks great as well. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you're piece for COW is really cool!
    *jealous*
    good studies too btw.

I suppose no matter what I'm drawing, there will always be some sort of question in my mind about it. A work of art (even cartoon art) is never really finished; it is abandoned.
    _ Brooke McEldowney,

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Citrusfrukt - Haha thanks! yeah damn attachments.

PieMonster - Thanks, checked your ab. You're rockin'

Asterisks - Thank you, please don't be jealous. Nothing causes more pain than jealousy, it's like a poison slowly breaking you down.
    I know you're not serious though

Hey, yesterdays studies. I'll start scanning in the morning instead when I'm a more balanced person. A nights rest really does wonders.
    I'm starting to feel pressure of some things I've been postponing.. never dig a hole to fill another. Especially with something like drawing, it's always there. I will always be drawing, while some of these things are within a limited period of time so I should be dealing with them first, if not immediately then gradually each day.
    Life's school isn't hard.. I just have to start paying attention.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wtf?!?!?!? that much?! O_O dude you are awesome

MY SKETCHBOOK
    HTML Code:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=184529

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man your studies are thorough. Do you do them from your head after ref?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seeing you did that much of pencil sketches, make me realize that i am not drawing enough. Digital painting is surely addictive. Your anatomy is getting better fast! Keep doing what you do, i enjoy them

[talking to self] Now, where's my old sketch book? I'm sure it's lying around here, somewhere[/talking to self]

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    damn you are going very fast!!!Very nice studies mate, as always.
    For the dragon i would also say that it doesnt look completely finished but i am sure you got that awesome feeling cause you learned,understand,and stabilized a new skill, thats great.I am also sure that the next piece will be even better.
    Maybe a small crit could be to include some hard, more thin edges(i mean with more delicate graduation lol) in the focus region of the work.
    keep up the great work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    EpicKey - Haha thanks

Malakuko - I try to switch between and ref and head. Most of these are ref though

Witcrack - Haha yeah, I try to draw a lot cause that's my strength. I think if I learn how to draw first then I'll learn how to paint digitally better instead of vice versa.

Kingkostas - Thanks, yeah I learned a lot actually. I try to fail as much as possible.. I love failing cause that just opens up a whole world of what I need to work more on. Yeah I understand what you mean, some of the graduations are really chunky.

So... yesterday I didn't feel like drawing any studies. Instead I tried some pencilwork from mind. Turned out good! I'm slowly getting there. Also.. as I've been stuck in Pokemon Hell I decided to follow Cryptcrawlers words of wisdom: "You wanna become a pokemon master?? Then draw the fucking pokemon you wanna master"
    So basically.. If I'm going to ever be able to stop playing pokemon, I have to draw something so badass the original game can't compare... So, if pokemon actually were real monsters I think they'd look something like this
    Also started on CHOW

Yesterday I also discovered a way of painting in gray and I'm like all extatic.. I've never been able to paint in gray before, never. Somehow, I just messed something up so bad it turned into a new workflow. It's more like scultping than painting. I start out with just a random splash of that dark value, then start going over it with the bright, switching back and forth until the underlying layers start to even out.
    Somehow, this adds depth to the piece that makes it balanced even though it's really just a lot of chaotic strokes. It feels REALLY GOOD to be able to paint in gray finally. haha.. 2 years of struggle is starting to pay off.. laters

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bridgmania!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for dropping by DV!! I feel the love ma dude.
    And of course I've been stalking your page. Your studies blow me away man. You draw sooooo much. I do my fair share but currently you are owning me.
    That must change!
    I'm waiting for my professor to hand back a bunch of my work before I make another big content update ya know?
    Like I said, when I'm quiet on here, it means I'm working!

Btw...The Pikachu...lmao...too much man too much. So funny. But epicly cool too.

The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If Pokemon was your creation, it may not be as successful as today, but it would certainly gain many cult followers! It would be too cool to be popular!
    Well, i kinda curious to see bulba in a more finished look. Would you continue working on that, or is it just a doodle?

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CAPTAIN SWEDED STRIKES AGAIN! ahahahaha love those grey scaled pokemon paintings, paint one up like that dragon COW! Lovely lovely studies as always, I've been thinking a lot about my SB, not sure if I'm gonna continue posting all my studies, its sooo much fucking scanning, FUCK. I've got some wicked sexy character designs coming up real soon though. Also, one thing I've really been trying to correct on my shitty pencil renders that I'd suggest you looking into, prominent lightsource. Really build up all of your mid tones and the tones between it, so build up all the mid tones, then the 50/50's of that tone between light and dark, before you really start hammering in any dark shades, pencil rendering hard.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your pokemon are scary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know I only leave comments after I update my sketchbook... thats about the only time I'm in a comment typing mood, so don't get the wrong idea haha. Luckily, I have legitamite criticism to validate this post; your figures are often off-balance. Yeah, that's all I've got. It's cool seeing you so busy, and the rendering on the last COW is just sexy! </fanboy>

Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 241