Sketchbook: DefiledVisions Sketchbook - Page 25
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: DefiledVisions Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, here is a quick paintover. It's not the best, but I hope it helps at least a little. To me the problem lies in the connection of the neck to the body. In red I show some bones and how the neck you painted attaches. In green I show some flesh and how I would attach the neck/head. Note that also her left breast (our right) should be moved up a little based on the position of her ribcage and clavicles.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Sonea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Your dragon is beautifully executed and the play of light on your figure sketch is very impressive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    UmpaArt - Thanks man, really glad it worked out for you! Now go forth! Paint! haha, dont be araid to do mistakes and stuff. I know I tried all kinds of crazy things in the beginning.

Andrew Sonea - Thank you very much! this really helpe alot!

Mike Butkus - Thanks!

More work on today's study with the Daggers! 2 hours into my horse. It's got beautiful subtle colours which I suck at portraying... also pumped out a sketch for some warcraft fan-art. Not really warcraftish in style, trying to make it my own.
    A few day's ago it was exactly 2 years since I got my tablet! february 21st 2008. Time really flies..

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks dude, that was real helpful to me. I'm going to see if the libary at our school has some dino book, and see where that takes me. I seem to suck at drawing animals, I need to do moer drawings with that. Now for the wings (Which is the most problematic) did you look at bird or teradyactle(spelled wrong i'm sure)

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eyy dude the last one is really nice kipp going on that one i whant too se mor of that one
    i what too se it finicht!

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    love the contrast in the horse and i love the sketch of the character.The big equipment is the keyobject that probably indicates more warcraft style in this one.Keep making it your own
    Damn the dragon came out really well.Very nice work, you are doing really great.
    Keep up the good work dragon man

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just browsed through the sb beginning to end, good stuff man, some of those dragon renders at the beginning were really, really great. That horse is coming along nicely, the sheen on its coat is turning out pretty slick, some soft edges here and there sporadically could help break up a bit of what is reading as kind of cross hatching. Keep cutting with them daggers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You nailed the texture of that horse coat. Very nice. That orange still looks funny though.

The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's best when doing studies to use a nice big brush to block in your most basic light/values and then slowly go smaller as you break up those large shapes into the more subtle smaller shapes. I think all that scribbling will lead you astray from understanding the more fundamental, important things you could be learning. That's just my opinion tho...

crimson daggers is a force of greatnessssssss

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Texahol For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Diarum - Yea do check out books and stuff. I find people really difficult to draw so I've begun to do studies of them. Also, wings, I don't really know what I'm doing there. I the wings I draw are logically contradicting the creature's aility to fly but heck.. general understanding of wings you should check wings of both birds, terodactyls, batwings, even insects.

Sevarenge - thanks man, I'm working it!

Kingkostas - Thank you! I'm still sketching out the orc. Some problems with the composition.

Metal Fingers - Thanks, I was actually crosshatching the paint, wanted to see how it turned out. Not as good as I hoped for

UmpaArt - Thanks. Yeah the orange is totally off ^^ in the ref pic it's much less saturated.

Texahol - After watching Dave painting that's what I'm trying to do. Sort of lay out the mid-tone colour and then begin to shape with lights and shadows. Dagggggggerrrrrsssss! you should stream too btw

Hey guys and girls! thanks for keeping my sb busy ^^ Had a nice chill weekend with my mates eating the greatest incarnation of divine food out there. Oh it was utter bliss.. could hardly walk afterwards, lol.
    Anyhow, back to drawing with the daggers! 2 hours into a photostudy of two really sexy girls. Skintones have allways been a huge problem for me, I'm learning alot!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good, I was just working on my bottle potatoe still life during the stream and my lamp fell and fucked it all up. XP, the photo ref is coming along nicely though, try and vary the colors as much as possible, add in blues and purples and yellows, not just browns, but it looks like you're starting to do that with the second flick. Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your energetic strokes never cease to amaze me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    iLove yo explore this sketchbook!

My Sketchb00k regular updates
    -= i am looking for work =-
    DeviantArt . CGhub gallery . www.artofinca.com . Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Metal Fingers - Haha no! that sucks Thanks, I'm pretty much trying to follow the photo. Still playing around with hues.

bWorx - Thank you!

Artofinca - Hey, thanks checked your DA, great stuff!

Arh, Daggers is awesome! never been so motivated to study before. I met with a close friend of mine yesterday, hadn't seen her for half a year so it was reallllllllllly great meeting her again! she sells art so we had a long discussion about drawing and so on.
    Anyhow she told me that I've lost some of my soul when painting. That I'm not the me I used to be when drawing. In one sense she is correct, lately I've been very mechanic when drawing. Copying anatomy, doing colourstudies, trying to apply this to my imaginary work. She got me thinking though, I feel like I've lost something.

I went through my notebook I used during pilosophy studies, and yea the reason why I failed is because I was drawing instead of studying or taking notes haha. Anyway, when looking at those I see a whole other me.. opening up for something, exploring other dimensions I havn't walked in for a long time. I want to find back to that old me.. I drew much less back then, but there's a certain quality to that work that I can't find in my new stuff..technically more advanced but lack of soul.

Anyhow, more work on my photostudy, some cool surreal stuff from my notebook and some anatomy studies!
    Gonna watch Alice in Wonderland in 3d today! I hope it's awesome the artwork sure is.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lookin' goOhoho<oohood \/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man,

that big dragon piece is just getting better and better..Nice stuff indeed!

You've got an interesting painting style its almost sculpting with little bits of colour.

Good stuff.

Looking for Feedback! Please visit my sketchbook..

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=178181&page=8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like how your sketches on writing pads look. It's somewhat nostalgic, you know. I never use that kind of writing paper these days and back in my schooldays, i rarely used them for writing! Anyway, nice sketches and studies.

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, you have an awesome Sketchbook. Your creatures designs are inspirational, especailly the Hawk/Dragon design and some of the rougher creatures from the last few pages, such as the dragonfly winged lion/tiger. You also have really nice linework as shown in the Bridgman antaomy studies.

Amazing work, Triple Thumbs up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That photo study is coming along great, the blends are getting real nice. Those sketchbook studies are looking spiffy too, that ribcage has a lot of mass to it. DAGGGGGERS!!!

Last edited by Alex Konstad; March 3rd, 2010 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahhhh owww gahhh! soo many studies hurts the brain with goodness

"Fuck me with a spear!..." -- Quote a song of ice and fire

SKETCHBOOK

BlOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SnobbyOo - Haha thankssss!

Kambei Shimada - Thank you! dragon is still not finished. I had to put it away for a while.

Witcrack - Haha me too! hardly use them nowadays. Back in the school days I would have more drawings than words in them

Fiddzy - Woa, one thumb too many! Thanks! More creature's coming up. Am going to sketch on the artorder challenge today.

Metal Fingers - Daggggggggrss! haha thanks Ribcage was a mess but I really enjoy the whole structure of it. After I'm done with bridgman I'll definitely revise the whole thing and do like algenfleger, draw tons of pages of the same thing until I grasp it.

Benjie - No! Avert thine eyes! hehe thanks

Thanks everyone! (5 stars?? cool!) I have some fun news to share with you. In Sweden we have something called "Ung Kultur Möts" which litterly translates into "Young Culture Meets". My friends convinced me to join cause they want me to win the whole thing with my art.
    it's 13-20 and since I'm 20 this year I thought why not give it a shot. Never know what'll happen. It's not a contest either so I don't win anything, and I'm no doing it for the sake of winning. It's a great way to get some publicity and maybe meet some interesting people along the way. The town I live in will be hosting the regional finals for Skåne, the county my town belongs to.
    First they'll have local finals, many towns around the country - then each county will have their regional-finals and then a final in stockholm. Last year my sisters band actually made it all the way to Stockholm ^^

Anyhow, during the meeting today I was asked to hold a workshop during the regional finals! christ. I said yes without hesitation, I've never done anything like that before but if I say no because of fear or insecurity I'll hate myself for ever. Even if I wouldn't make it to the regionals I would still get to host a friggin' workshop! crazy cool! So...... what to do?

Just thought I'd let you know haha, here's the two paintings I'm showing. They're from last year and the only traditional stuff I dare show to people. Water-soluble oils on canvas, about 90x60 cm in size.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Come to za Atelier! I really wanna meet you! You are great in your anatomy studies! And again your dragons are wonderful! :d Keep it coming!!!!

"Freedom is an illusion"

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=174672 <----- My Work

http://mewannalearn.deviantart.com/ <--------- My DeviantArt page

Theodora Daniela Capat <------------------FACEBOOB! xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Creepy paints man, and that dragon you've been working on is sickkk. Congrats on that workshop deal dude, that sounds like it will be an awesome experience!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very cool sketchbook.deeeelicioous creatures!

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Reallyn enjoying your work lately man, so much painterly goodness and nice ideas.Some of the patterns and design keys may be a little repetative, but you are doing good Me lurves you long time!

-E

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome updates, dude! keep em coming! (förresten har du kollat in sketchmeet-tråden? var bor du?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn why aren't you posting more traditional work like this. It's really a pleasure to look at and alos really unique. Good luck on the workshop. I'm sure you will make it to the finals

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Theodora_Romania - Thanks If I get to the finals in Stockholm I will defintely visit the atelier, I plann on visiting anyhow, but not yet. Just can't find the time at the moment.

Jasper_ - Oh but I like creepy stuff Thanks, yeah I think so too. Just the experience of holding a workshop infront of people, arh, it's gonna be so scary and awesome.

Noro- Thanks! Sometimes I want to eat them too.

Mischevioslittleelf - Hey man, thanks! I'm trying to loosen up now. Been repetitive lately, not even taking a peak outside of my comfortzone. That has to change

Nim
    - Tackar! jo jag har kollat in den. Jag bor i Höör, typ 40 min från Malmö. Jag vet att det är sweet meetings på gång där men jag vill har inte tid att resa så länge fram och tillbaka, plus kostnaderna..

Rushlord - Thanks! I don't know, traditional is fun, I just don't do it. That will also have to change

Some studies, a selfportrait all messd up. Trying clours and stuff with my creature design and more work with the Daggers!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just keep draw draw draw drawing, I think the self portrait could benefit from some more confident lines here and there, you know just one bold line instead of a couple sketchy ones? If you're going to keep it a simple pencil drawing with no shading an implied line, where it breaks up half way through the line and then resumes again along the cheekbone can help simluate light and add some nice line quality. Are you working with the winsor newton water based oils? Those save so many headaches (literally).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving the "tigershark" (cant stand not to say it).
    The rest are good too, off course.

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 240