Sketchbook: DefiledVisions Sketchbook - Page 21
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: DefiledVisions Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man!
    Nu är man tillbaka här på forumet, dock utan uppdateringar. Du har däremot jobba på under tiden ser jag. Många riktigt sjysta bilder, speciellt din sista. Kan ju säga direkt utan att tveka att din senaste bild är din bästa hittills. Riktigt najs design och färgerna är ju perfekta. Gillar speciellt hur elden lyser upp monstret och hur huden ser ut. Sprickorna/markeringarna och hur det skiner på vissa ställen får skinnet att se hårt ut, likt en krokodils. Fortsätt såhär och du kommer nå långt!

God jul på dig förresten!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the process images, but they show a level of comfort with colour that I just can't get my head around... pretty though

Merry pagan tree festival/happy Santa day mate, probably talk to ya on msn at some point but I think we've all got the family thing to deal with for the next few days. Have a good one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, youre sketchbook is breathtaking! I had to bookmark it hah. I especially love you dragons. really detailed stuff and great use of colours. really really great stuff dude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your colour choices make me want to dropkick someone with pure joy. So bold! So awesome! You aren't reserved at all with your pallets and it adds a really unique flavour to your work.
    I like the Krampus piece a lot; I don't think you pushed the highlights too too far. Yeah it looks a little unrealistic, but it looks cool. It's unique!
    The last piece is great as well, especially with the colours. Watch out for getting a little flat in places, especially the head.
    It's awesome to see you doing so much good work. You've made a ton of progress since this sketchbook begun, you should be proud of yourself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DV! Man your good lol. I love seeing people my age that are better than me. It gives me marks to reach for.

I would almost bargain that you have been painting since you were 2. I don't care what anybody says but there is very few people with your perception of color. Your lines are pretty good too! Most really, the other thing that stands out the most to me is the movement of your creations. I'm assuming you just recently started doing human studies so it amazes me how professional the movement in your creations are. That paired with your ability to give different and unique perspectives in the pieces like in the one titles the unicorn hunter is so sick. So...enough blowing up your ego because I'm sure it's already there ^.^

The thing that I take the most from all your work is the quantity. It makes me realize I definitely need to draw more than I do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy new year to you too ma boi! I believe we will both be kicking some art ass this year . My mind is a little fuzzy also but sadly the night was cut short by rain.

The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy new yearrrr! At the end of this decade you will be almost 30 years old. Think of all the amazing stuff that's going to happen between then and now. It's going to be aweeeeessoooommmmmmmeeeee!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Genius_Malignus - Thank you, glad you like it. Yea especialy the head has some really weird flatness.

Spaggen - Thanks man! Jag gillar färgerna, men tycker jag kunde gjort bättre. Sjysst att du tycker så iaf Jag har en bra känsla över 2010 konstmässigt. God jul på dig med! (lite sent )

Man Made God - Thanks mate, my colouring is stil very chaotic. This piece was just random randomness from the start lol.
    Happy tree worshiping to you too!

Mohzart - thanks man! Gotta say I enjoy your stuff alot!

Ryn - rawr! You and those dropkicks.. I hope tat wasn't the last dropkick ill get form you
    Thanks, I think you're right. With 2010 I really am going to focus art
    I really dont want to think about geting 30 yet.. can barely imagine being 20
    happy new year!

UmpaArt - I could show you some drawings from when I was 2 haha. Yea I've basically been painting before I could speak. No one encouraged me to do so though, and it never was within my thought of career. Drawing just existed as a way to live out my imagination. I'm lucky my parents allowed me to draw.. not all parents give their children that much freedom.
    You humble me with your words.. I'm glad you think so Nothing gets me more motivated than watching people around my age that work hard aiming for their goals, no matter if it's becoming one of the world's leading conceptartists or a fantastic fine artist.
    It's so much fun working next to people with the same dreams, 2010 is going to be a good year!
    I got a book for christmas and there was a small interesting note there. It said that working small and often gives so much more than working much but not so often.
    1 small 10minute sketch a day will give you more than 4 hours of solid work once every 2 weeks.. so yeah, just draw much. Doesn't have to be quantity, but often.
    I have been drawing often these days, maybe 30 minutes there, 10 minutes there, an hour there and so on. 90% has been crap, but by just pushing forward I've stil got 10% great stuff that I can develope further.
    When drawing often your subconcious will constantly mold ideas, and even though you draw crap it will still be working because your state of mind is art.
    4 hours every 2 weeks is not enough to enter that state of mind and keep it, but 10 minutes a day is.
    keep it up!

xbert - Thanks!

Happy new year people. Anew decade has begun hehe.. I can hardly remember anything from 10 years ago. A lot has happened even though it doesn't feel like so.
    I have a feeling these coming years will be insane, in a good incomprehensive way
    I have been drawing a lot, though sadly my AC Adapter for my laptop is broken so I can neither paint nor scan pictures. Don't know when I'll be able to present drawings to you.
    Anyhow, after watching Avatar in 3d I got so damn inspired. I've been going back to my roots, dug up a folder containing some of my earliest drawings from like.. 1992-97 or something.
    I have some interesting ideas and thoughts to present but I feel now is not the time. Avatar and my creative surge got me thinking though and when I can scan again I'll share my thoughts.
    I've been drawing dinosaurs though, lots of them totaly forgot how much they kickass.
    Until next time, take care. Thanks for alyour kind words

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dinosaurs are badass, a lot of your creatures are similar, but drawing actual dinosaurs will probably help you in terms of realism. Avatar was so sexy lol, I knew you would enjoy it. I've got a couple exams in the next few weeks, but I'll try and be more active than I was before, like you said it's great having people to draw with and learn from... 2010 will be better, good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DefiledVisions View Post
    UmpaArt - I could show you some drawings from when I was 2 haha. Yea I've basically been painting before I could speak. No one encouraged me to do so though, and it never was within my thought of career. Drawing just existed as a way to live out my imagination. I'm lucky my parents allowed me to draw.. not all parents give their children that much freedom.
    You humble me with your words.. I'm glad you think so Nothing gets me more motivated than watching people around my age that work hard aiming for their goals, no matter if it's becoming one of the world's leading conceptartists or a fantastic fine artist.
    It's so much fun working next to people with the same dreams, 2010 is going to be a good year!
    I got a book for christmas and there was a small interesting note there. It said that working small and often gives so much more than working much but not so often.
    1 small 10minute sketch a day will give you more than 4 hours of solid work once every 2 weeks.. so yeah, just draw much. Doesn't have to be quantity, but often.
    I have been drawing often these days, maybe 30 minutes there, 10 minutes there, an hour there and so on. 90% has been crap, but by just pushing forward I've stil got 10% great stuff that I can develope further.
    When drawing often your subconcious will constantly mold ideas, and even though you draw crap it will still be working because your state of mind is art.
    4 hours every 2 weeks is not enough to enter that state of mind and keep it, but 10 minutes a day is.
    keep it up!
    I could show you a few of mine from when I was 2 also hehe. I feel the same way though. I love knowing people that want this as much as I do. Chasing dreams is certainly the only way to go! :3

I'm so glad you convinced me to get on here! Ever since I've been churning out the work. A lot of stuff on that posemaniacs site I just discovered.

I see that Avatar sparked your creativity. Can't wait to see what it yields.

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yummy creatures, I always enjoy your dragons.

Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! Nice thread here. I've seen your works around here at ca for some times now and i liked your brush works and crazy ideas very much! Keep up the good work, man I'll be back to check more pages later. Cheers.

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi
    you have great work)))) keep it up!
    how programa you paint? Photoshop or Painter 11?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Enydimon is offline Drunken Bridgman lead me to victory! Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes! Art please!

I haven't been here in a while, but man, everything's looking really good! I have to say, you've inspired me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your making everyone anxious! Pump out the work!

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man Made God - Avatar.. is... so.. sexy. Cheers!

UmpaArt - Glad you decided to join. its gonna be cool team-kicking some art ass

Pigeonkill - Thanks!

Witcrack - Thanks man. See you around!

Shui - Hey, I use PS

Ryn - meh

Enydimon - Thank you! gogo kick some art

Umpa - guess it's about time

Cant do digitals for a while.. my laptop still doesn't work. The adapter is broken so laptop gets no power.
    Apparently, since it's from USA i can't get any support here. And because I won it, I never got my registration code from Alienware and can't access their support over there either.. I'm kinda like Tom Hanks in the movie Terminal.. way outside the papers haha.
    Can't buy a new adapter either since it's a special 240w monster.. and the company is from China. yup.. China. im screwed.

Here's some doodles, got tons of random stuff lying around. Will scan more tomorrow. Also picking up anatomy studies foo' real tommorow.. realise I dont really improve
    ref for the flying dinosaur in profile, rest from imagination.
    laters.

Attached Images Attached Images                    

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love what you did for the flying dino without ref. the knowledge you learned from the previous one is applied well there. For the head study, frontal view is a bit wonky, i'm having the same problem though :p.

Keep going, i'm waiting for your next update (especially the studies you mentioned). And i hope your laptop problem is solved soon. Best luck to you!

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Witcrack - Thank you, yea drawing heads from front perspective is difficult. I've been drawing from profile all my life so I know what you mean
    learning learning..

I've heard the name James Gurney here on the boards before, but never knew who it was. I stumbled upon his blog the other day.. there he was - my all-time god of art.
    I remember when I was 4 years old, and my mother read me a book called Dinotopia. It was the most beautiful book I had seen, and the dinosaurs were so real. His art is what got me into dinosaurs back then. It's thanks to him I am here today.. it's so surreal to be able to visit the people you look up to the most on a personal level such as a blogg. I've seen people link him in sketchbooks, might as well do it here. I've just checked the most recent posts, but already now I can tell it's a goldmine of information, and the man shares thoughts about anything and everything artsy - http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com
    I hope I'll get to meet hime one day

I am getting into dinosaurs again, though I feel I'm limited to some certain creature-types. I should be studying living creatures, but I feel here's the right place to start. I bought a fantastic book with beautiful avian photography that I'll get into soon.
    I'm not so happy with the dinosaurs out there, they raise to many questions. James Gurney is the one of the few artists I've seen render dinosaurs in a credible way. Many other artists don't seem to think their dinosaurs through.
    Whilst looking up some reference pictures of dinosaurs some questions have arisen - What impact did their environment have on them? How did this affect them colourwise? Was a camouflage relevant? Community life in plains like in Africa or more territorial individual living like in jungles (for the predators)/sub-tropic climate versus inland climate/plains, deserts etc. Almost all the dinosaurs I've looked at don't seem to have given any thought to these questions. They just seem to look at the skeleton, add some muscle and a funky (or very non-funky) colour and call it a day.

We'll never know what they look like, but we get closer and more accurate with our assumptions through new finds all the time. Feathered dinosaurs were absurd 50 years ago and now it's quite the norm for smaller ones.
    Drawing from artist depictions has not been satisfying, so I'll have to start from 0. I've found some half-interesting refs of skeletons - small miniature models of them, not really detailed in any way.
    Will see if I can go visit the natural history museum in Copenhagen someday soon, would be awesome and perfect for ref gathering.

For now though here's some quick sketches. I've noticed when drawing from ref I speed things up a lot, could've been because I felt the refs didn't make any sense.
    I'll have to be careful from now on, pay more attention to key details and such when doing studies. From experience I've been trying to go all quantity by drawing tons of pages with crap - and it hasn't given so much.
    It's when I think a piece through, really focus all the areas I need to improve in, look up refs and get it done that there's improvement. I had totally forgotten that

Some moleskine scans tomorrow, til then - cheers!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AWESOME DINOSAURS!!!
    Hehe, I've never been that much a dino-fan, but I must say I love these ones. Great line-work too!

And that creature up there... Second image on post#287, gah, how GORGEOUS! Moaaar of it, please!!! I think I'm in love

Keep up the wonderful work here

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are good. I liek the dinosaur concepts and your linework!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the dinos! I may have to use them as reference

I certainly need to do some dino studies as well.
    Awesome line work man. I think this is the first pencil stuff I've seen of yours. Love it!

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wooow dude , the drawings came out really nice !!! cant wait to see some of them hit the touch of color , that wold be rad!

I see you have some avatar stuff as well , hmmm ... that movie had great concepts to bad that the screenwriting was shit , it's like you knew everything that it was going to happen )

cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mokinzi - haha as soon as I can colour it I will

Janos - Thanks!

UmpaArt - thanks man! you could ref them, they are simplified. Though there are also proportional issues and other stuffs.

Giorge - Thanks, yea some of them will have colour to them. Hehe I really liked Avatar.

Some moleskine sketches. Checked out Parsakoiras sb and saw a zombie santa which I thought was really cool, so I did one too
    I've been looking through m old drawings and it's been inspiring.. I realize I was a better artist back then. When I was small I drew everything. I didn't draw often, but I drew anything that came to mind.. penguins, clowns.. animals, lions.. mutant werewolfs with lasers, aliens with horns and 5 eyes, whales, godzilla, turtles, pokemon, terrorists (lol, thanks mainstream media for that). I was inspired by a lot back then, movies, books.

Today I have a hard time coming up with all that stuff, I'm stuck with some certain things I draw a lot and don't really explore anything else. Also what's holding me back now is the 'right' way to do things, proportions, likeness etc. Back then when I drew Godzilla I didnt give crap about not having perspective and having the one leg bigger than the other.

It is vital to able to render shapes in a credible way, exploring perspectives. Rendering characters in a frontal view or from 3/4 .. the way the egyptians did it doesn't work today.
    It's just a thought, that maybe allow one self to become a child sometimes and sketch for the sake of ideas and not the outcome.
    Sooner or later I hope my technical skill will be on a level where I can draw anything with much similarity.. then I can go back to explore the imagination I had.. Chocolatechip cookies riding on winged hippos, anyone?

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    youve got a amazing feeling for structure, these pencil creatures are looking fantastic, they are drawn so cool and su much creativity in the imaginary ones. inspired by your work - gotta dra3 right now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vibrant colour ... vibrant line work ... I love your work!

- BLOG - ------------------ - Sketchbook - ------------------ - deviantART -
    "It's nothing really, all in a days work for us bicycle repair men"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xbert - thanks! sounds cool gogo draw!

shambok - thank you.

Some head studies from the blog 'idrawgirls' and from mind. I'm slowly working my way through the posts haha.
    Going to lifedrawing today, more to come tommorow.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    God! You are extremly good with anatomy... I'm drawing a lot of humans and animals as well.. but my shading just sucks =D god problems with shades and so on ^^ I'm still scared to put my stuff on this site... i have some but no reply or anything xD will delete them

Keep up the work I R wathing you hehe

Mewannalearn from deviantart ^^

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow damn fuking great lines.Really these lines are eyecandy.Btw while your creature anatomy is great your human lacks some little things here and there.
    Keep up the good work mate

Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 242