Page 10 of 157 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Oh god love those dragons , i was planing on doing some dragon shadows , ill see what i come up with , anyway . You can always finish it , that's the beauty of digital medium ^^. And one of those dragons sketches , could look nice rendered . You's on my must see list mate

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    O_O wow, so much good stuff in so little time. Respect, man. Keep it up!

Thanks
    I think you should extend the phoenix picture further to the right and maybe even cropping it more on the left. The focus point (the head) is too far to the right and to close to the border of the picture, it leads the eye out of the frame.

And I would change the background color for the reactor creature, it competes to much with the creature, something more subdued would make the creature pop out more.
    My Sketchbook
    "Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind, the race is long, and in the end, it’s only against yourself."
    Photoshop color picker | Adjusting tablet sensitivity: Manually or Utility

Thanks
    whoa O_O !!! your progress is impressing! your paintings are getting better and better, my fav is the second in post #132, great texture, super awesome smoke like, great movement and the desaturated colors fit quite well !!! the phoenix has great feel of movement too, and the fire is captured masterfully...

I'm glad you discovered new ways of painting, this is a great sign of your improovement! It's really not easy to look carefully at a painting you would like to learn from, and find out what it is that makes it so much better than your own works... I still find myself looking at loads of great pictures but I do not learn from them, maybe I just don't look carefully enough... dunno...

however, you're deffinetly on the right track!
    Oh and thanks for the imaginary internet kiss, hahaha guess I should kiss you back then... and you don't have to thank me for anything, I'm just babbling on your sketchbook, don't even have constructive things to write...
    uuuuuh, I should better go drawing now...

oh, and that Mousse-T song is alarming!! but I won't say why, whehee *evilgrin*

bye bye
    Di
    meh sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=134723
    (shameless selfpromotion)

Thanks
    great updates mate, ur pencils are getting really tight.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 706 Posts
    ReviseTheMethod - Thank you very much, great inputs. I havn't planned on polishing them any more than what they are since they're concepts. But I'll take your advice with me for later stuff!
    thanks.

Dannelf
    - Thanks alot man! Yea I realise now the piece has the same amount of hardness over all.. and you're very right about the smoke thanks.

Mokinzi - Thanks alot! - ofcourse I remember you

Flamable - haha thanks!.. I really should be doing more dragons now I want to do more dragons!

Shalite
    - Thanks! keep pushing it yourself

Lingmerth
    - THanks for the critique! very much appreciated. I did some different crops, and it looked a lot better when I cut a part of the left so the head got more centered. And you're very right about the background for Reactor.. didn't have a clue about what to do so just took a bright yellow (what the hell?) I just might give it a new background. thanks.

Lilou
    - THank you! I hope you keep babbling cause I like to read it .. and I also hope you update with some new art about watching other people's art .. I find it dificult with complete illustrations - I just find myself being lost in the awesomeness.. haha, however what really helps is to see the wip's behind the piece, or some tutorial - because I think the information given by the different steps is really good.

Lotet - thanks man!

many replies.. not much today - some weapons. More digital up during the weekend.

Thanks
    Some thoughts about this week's chow - Spike, the dragon dentist
    Last edited by DefiledVisions; November 1st, 2008 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks

Thanks
    huh, i really like this book, you have really awesome spirally shapes going on, they are really effective (http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1225232125 and the one above it). and your weapon experimentation is a really good idea, you landed on a few really good designs there. cool beans
    SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

a game i made

Thanks
    DARAF - thanks! I've got some more concepts going on so there will be more.

Grenapples - I'm not quite sure what you mena with spiral shapes. You mean the flames on the wing? thanks by the way

Color wip on the chow... I know the orange is too intense, working on that

Thanks
    I liked the weapons! The hammer was really cool

And a dragon dentist?! Pretty genious ^^ Looking forward to see how it will turn out!

Thanks
    yeah i guess i was vague, but that's what i meant. are you using photoshop? if so what brushes?
    SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

a game i made

Thanks
    Mokinzi - thanks! yea me too

Grenapples - Yes, working in photoshop cs3 .. um currently I'm using basic round brush in different opacities / softnesses and some custom brushes I got from somewhere, can't remember really - but they give that textury brushy feeling.

Some Nov 1. selfportraits! and man.. I don't look this asian really.. I must be doing something right

somehow I turn out different every time I do a selfportrait.. guess I need to study more!

Thanks
    very good progress here
    i like really your line and now your speed paint are amazing, often when you work more your drawing i think it's less good, i supose you know that
    you are in the good way

Thanks
    love the weapon designs! The energy and flow to the phoenix is awesome. Good to see you tackling self portraits too! keep rocking

Page 10 of 157 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast