Sketchbook: DefiledVisions Sketchbook - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: DefiledVisions Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for the lack of comments! I think there will be more free time from now on for me
    Your progress is sick... I could look at those last pieces forever! Nattfjärilen kicks ass!

Hope to see more!

Dan

Hey, Come visit:

And also:

SuiraDefiledVision Snobby
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I have a policy to not reply without posting some stuff aswell, but I'm running out of time..

Man Made God - Thank you for your support man! I think I started nudes around autumn last year, and picked up Posemaniacs around that time aswell. Havn't been doing any since december though, until recently.

Corepoint - Ouch that's sad to hear My mom has a cat that looks exactly like this one, completeley black with a crescentmoon marking on the chest... she's the queen in the house haha.

Dannelf
    - Looong time no see man! Got so happy when I saw you had updated and written a note here!
    I hope to be able to bring you more Dan!
    ha det gött!
    Mulle

Allright, so basically, I have quit my telecom job (Yes!). And I am now focusing on anatomy studies.. In school I have like 5 huge paintings I have to finnish, I have so many ideas I can't sit still with one painting and finnish it - guess it's both good and bad.
    I am also building a portfolio of some still life's and some carefully rendered anatomy studies that I'm going to send to Angel's Academy of Arts in florence!
    I really want to go to that school, just don't know if it's too early.. I mean, being 19 years old at that time and never lived alone.. ah well, if I get the opportunity there's not a chance I will decline - currently applying for scholarships and stuff to afford tuition.
    Hope to be able to bring you some updates soon!
    cheers.

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some scanns from the moleskine. Some stuff I doodled inbetween the phonecalls at the job.

I have many many pages of bridgeman studies laying around, but here I've tried to draw them from memory. I've actually learned a lot by doing this.. should start sketching more hehe.

Attached Images Attached Images          

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    last one looks nice , looks rough and rigid , and nice gesture studies , but some of them look very very weird and unnatural , careful with the movement of bones

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mate!

Nice to hear that you want to go for an art career, or at least go to the school! Gogogo! Håller tummarna!
    Great with the inspiration, promise to post the paintings.

Your anatomy looks reaaal thight. Nice you had time on work to draw!
    How come you're quitting? Not enough time for school, or does it just bore the shit out of you?

Hope to see more soon, dude!

Hey, Come visit:

And also:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm so looking forward to see those paintings you're working on, I'm glad to hear that you're in a creative mood^^
    Those sketches and studies are awesome, keep it up! And you know, you draw really cool hands O_o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Giorge - Yeah I agree.. some of them are really strange, especially some of the bodies, when I comapred them to the real there were so many flaws haha. Thanks, I'll keep the note about movement in mind!

Dannelf - Oh yeah, I can't imagine anything else than a career in the field of arts.. whether it being conceptart, traditional painting or god knows what.. aslong as I get to do what I love
    Yea I quit the job, mainly because of school, we have lots of exams coming up, nationella proven suger .. but also cause it was so friggin boring.
    cheers!

Mokinzi - You'll be the first to know when I finnish them! and I love hands. Slender hands with long thin fingers are really beautiful.

Havn't done anything in photoshop in a while.. started painting over some old sketches. It took 1 hour to finnish.
    See you soon!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 10. Take a look back, some epic leveling! It's been almost a year too, not bad! Bridgmans are looking sexy! Your digitals and pencils mix so well, really nice brush work there too, your style is easily identified!

Do you use smudge tool at all, or just soft brushes?

Maybe you should do loads of animal studies. You're already really good with the creature stuff, some intense study could push it even more.

Great stuff, looking forward for more progress!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man Made God - Page 10 indeed... It's been a long journey, can't say I've put as much dedication into it as I've wanted to.. but heck
    Thanks.. I'm starting to find "my way" of doing things hehe. I guess that's what defines a style.

To be honest.. I can't use smudge tool. My computer is so old.. if I smudge with anything else than round brush it takes atleast 10 seconds for it to calculate the strokes.. when painting around 2000 pixels lol. Sucks. Bigtime.

For these pieces im using 3 different brushes. A custom textured one I found in a pack, for the roughs.. a watercolour one for the soft flow and basic round with different levels of hardness.
    Animal studies doesn't sound bad, should pick that up aswell.
    Thanks!

Allright, worked more on the piece.. taken way too long. I shouldn't be spending more than an hour on a piece, otherwise I won't learn anything. This just sums up what I allready know, and when working on a piece for several hours, you loose the experimental mood and get into rendering mood.. not good. I'm not the level yet where I feel I can spend hours on rendering a piece.
    nope..
    Should only focus on studies now and speedy paints. Mainly studies. Oh and I suck at sticking to my basic ideas.. I allways wander way off

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Random stuff... also will have tons to post soon since we've had a personal project running for quite some time.
    I'm doing a collaboration with a friend, illustrating his book - not entirely, but with some fullpage illustrations and smaller ones.

Started working on frontpage today. More info to come!

Last edited by DefiledVisions; April 1st, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Started working on the teen challenge too

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i can already tell that that painting is going to be great love the choise of colors - looking forward to the final piece !

My sketchbook:
    Fumble

My brothers sketchbook:
    Braintree

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great to hear that you have ambitions about the art! I'm sure you'll make it. Just keep up as you do, because you're doing great!

The new stuff is sharp, dude! And as Fumble said, the new painting has something going on!

Keep it coming!

Hey, Come visit:

And also:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's so cool that you've started painting that chimera! And yeah, by the way, I love the setting on the last picture of post #280, the colours are so lovely ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fumble - thanks! I will finnish soon

Dannelf - Thanks alot man!

Mokinzi - Thank you I've put chimera aside.. as I do with 99% of my paintings.. damn. Shame.

Havn't been updating for a while.. have lots of stuff to show, but too lazy to scann.
    Decided to join in on the Dominancewar challenge going on.. here's my characterconcept.

A demon prince by the name of Velerohim. He also goes by the name 'the shroud of tears'
    When I make up some background info about him I'll be sure to post.. haha sorry for not updating

Last edited by DefiledVisions; April 9th, 2009 at 09:50 PM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet hand studies! Love the liveliness of your lines. You are improving at an amazing pace The teen challenge piece looks very interesting. Did you take it further? I like what you are doing for the dominance war also. Post more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nightblue - Hey! thank you very much! I have put the teen aside for now.. Going to finnish it before deadline though! and more DW coming up!

Here's some more Dominancewar stuff.. Since we're allowed to have a pet/ a steed of some kind.. I decided to give my demon a companion.

I love the symbolism behind swans and butterflies.. for me swans stands for unconditional love and strust.. they stick together their whole life, and if the partner dies, the other one dies of grief too.
    Butterflies symbolise transformation and the soul and life itself. More explenations later.. still brainstorming stuff

Still don't know if this is going to be something he will ride on, or a pet that follows him.. or if I'll just drop the whole thing but keep the wings and give them to the demon. More to come!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really looking forward to seeing in which direction you are taking your dominancewar painting. It sounds cool with all the symbolism. As for the swan heads, i like the ones on the bottom row the best, but of those 3 i cant really decide .
    The last painting is cool. cant see what it is supposed to be though . But it looks cool

My sketchbook:
    Fumble

My brothers sketchbook:
    Braintree

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fumble - Thank you! I'm not sure which one of the heads to go with, I want something clean yet still interesting and eyecatching.

No Dominancewar updates yet.. working hard with my school project. 20 illustrations being rendered.. though got to work a bit on my Teenchallenge earlier today, re-made the concept a bit. No big wolf.. just big chunk of kickass.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was just gonna post, and then you updated again, cool that you're so busy!

I was going to say that you could push the cast shadow (from the hood) on the demon prince face for dramatic effect. But I'm not really sure if you're going for effect/mood or clarity and a focus on design.

The firey horn on that last one is sexy, the rendering is really believable, can't wait to see more. Be careful with the pose though, I'm not sure what kinda pose you want, but the pose is bending into a subtle "C" shape... I'm not sure if you want him leaning in to the right, but on the earlier version you posted, he looks more upright.

But yeah, that's all I've got, keep up the good work mate!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Man Made God For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ManMadeGod - Those demonfaces are still concepts, and it's his hair though giving him a hood could be cool. Now that I'm soon ready with my project I can start working more on these concepts.

Thanks for the crit, I didn't notice that! I hope his pose is better now, though I had to rush it like hell =/

..yup as mentioned, rushed the piece to reach deadline. Tons of things I want to improve and change, but yea, still happy about the outcome!
    Yet another constant reminder to have a solid foundation before geting into rendering.. when will I learn.
    Scans showing my schoolproject coming this week!

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Newman101 is offline The destroyer of assorted cheese wedges Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude... you make me sad... (not really)... your stuff is soooooooo expressive. Though you have improvements to make (you really ought to finish more pieces) theres just a unique feeling to your brush / pen / pencil strokes that makes it very artgasmic.

*New Sketchbook* Come stop by :3

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

I am currently looking for a mentor to help me improve my sketch book. Either that or lots of crits and suggestions to help me improve my skills.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Newman101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome hand studies you got going on here, and general anatomy.
    On your latest piece, I hope you don't mind a small suggestion. That guy is flaming all over, but there is only a tiny piece in the picture that actually has an orange glow, I think if you incorporated those flames in the rest of the piece. It would pull everything together a bit more.
    Just my two cents, keep it up.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Teundeboer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One thing I know... if you start doing this more often you are going to be placed with one of these on the top of the site. I've spotted one problem it is very big, something with the guardians' hand bothers me, that one with the sword, i do not think you catched the bend. However, it is a very small problem...these are very very good... KEEP THEM UP - g

29. The Following User Says Thank You to clanlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Newman101 - It makes me sad to hear that you're sad .. I hope you're joking haha!
    Yea I know, ought to finnish.. but I get frustrated in the process when my computer time after time screws me over.
    It's not easy finnishing stuff on a PC that's 5 years old and hardly has the capacity for PS.
    Thanks for the compliments! artgasmic is the best I've heard!

Teundeboer - thanks for the crit! I'll play around with it in photoshop and see what comes out, I'm sure you're right though.
    cheers!

Clanlord - Thank you very much! comparing me to the ones up there.. I can only dream, and dreams are to be made real so.. Yes I agree with you about the hand, I'm more bothered by the feet though - too late to do anything about it now..

can't comment without posting something..

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the latest painting, the concept is so nice and the fire glow looks so awesome. And those horns he have... Love'em^^
    Agree with what Teundeboer says about the flames.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man your entries are lookin good! watch out for your perspective in your last piece the hands are wonky..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Getting better and better! Nice colours. Keep it up, I´ll be watching

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mokinzi - Thanks!

Reject-D - Thank you! yea I know, got the perspective all wrong.. the only thing I'm happy with are the horns hehe.

Kaktuzlime - Thank you! och på tal om sketchmeet.. jag är lätt på! men får bli om några veckor, har rätt mycket på gång just nu

Here's some work I did on my project, illustrating my friends book. Basically we decided on two types of illustrations.. images showing symbols, with no special meaning. More like filling the empty space and reflecting the feeling of the chapter.. an agressive chapter with lots of things happening could have a stormy cloud as symbol for instance.
    And 5 images for the 5 important chapters.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the drawings in the last post where wicked! and i realy luve your paintings, how do you get the oily look?

Tim

Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 240