Cat Dragon Attacks Dog Warriors
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cat Dragon Attacks Dog Warriors

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following

Cat Dragon Attacks Dog Warriors

Hi people. Currently working on this piece. Still unsure how to colour this so I'm concentrating on the drawing and composition right now.

Can anyone see any flaws in the composition so far?

The idea is that a Cat Dragon is attacking a squad of Dog Warriors. I want the image to portray the moment before they attack the cat dragons face. The idea is they were going through the desert at evening/dusk and the cat dragon attacked them.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! My two cents: this theme looks promising, the idea of a battle in the desert at the dusk creates a lot of possibilites in terms of color choice, characters and composition, but I think this one lacks the sense of dimension that is expected of a battle. The characters look too squashed inside the frame, this doesn't help to reinforce the desired atmosphere, but maybe adjusting the perspective you could address most of that. Also, the monster doesn't look too scary, greatly because of it's stance, that it's too much defensive.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mduarte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree that the characters look a bit squashed. I think it's mainly because you've left so little space between the left edge and the tail; maybe a bit more to breath? I also think that at present the dog with the sword on teh tail does not really fall into the field of vision of the cat dragon completely thought i might be wrong. Maybe that little guy in the left corner would be better off a bit further on the right to fall in a neat diagonall with the other guys but these are all personal opinions. I like where this is going

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.