Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast
    Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    One for the night! a study on... shoes.
    Was looking at some ref loosely.
    Took me about 2h (shaping, reshaping the ass for 1h lol), maybe will be working on it some more this days and see where i end up.
    there are some ugly spots here and there....
    Last edited by Randis; August 17th, 2009 at 05:43 PM.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thanks
    your work is awesome dude!

PS - your newborn work is absolutely insane, golem is my favorite!

Thanks
    indeed the ass is fuckin hot :d

if it's a study on shoes , study it a littlemore

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 706 Posts
    THE perfect ass too.. Fantastic stuff!

Thanks
    Very nice stuff, i also really like your newborn pieces, especially the one with the guy underwater holding that orange creature. did you use a 3d application for that or did you just paint it?
    Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

To contact me, email me at: hpsvg@hotmail.com

I hope you enjoy my artwork!

Thanks
    @ Jofx
    Thanks! Glad you like the ass.

@ Harkins
    Thanks for taking a look!

@ RikDeLausnay
    Yes i feel the same, need to study more on the shoes... thanks!

@ DefiledVisions
    Thanks man! I am happy you like the shape

@ MeBabyMe
    Thank you! I made the helmet base in 3ds max, then painted the rest in Photoshop.
    Texture work was done in PS too.
    - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks
    Thanked 1,634 Times in 924 Posts
    FANTASTIC !!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R a n d i s View Post
    @ Jofx
    Thanks! Glad you like the ass.

@ Harkins
    Thanks for taking a look!

@ RikDeLausnay
    Yes i feel the same, need to study more on the shoes... thanks!

@ DefiledVisions
    Thanks man! I am happy you like the shape

@ MeBabyMe
    Thank you! I made the helmet base in 3ds max, then painted the rest in Photoshop.
    Texture work was done in PS too.
    wow, really? the entire thing looks done in 3d

very incredible stuff
    Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

To contact me, email me at: hpsvg@hotmail.com

I hope you enjoy my artwork!

Thanks
    Hey there! Your sketchbook is wonderful! You've got a lot of great stuff in here.

I really liked this one:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1250487952

It's really simple and clean and beautiful

I also love the crosshatching in some of your sketches especially in the legs at the bottom of this one:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1250495967

Thanks
    Really impressive work you have here sir,
    i think i saw your final image for cgsociety Secret Agent challenge, really kicked my ass.

Keep posting here!

Thanks
    Awesome electro-techno-sexual style haha. Can't wait to see what's posted next.

Thanks
    Hey Randis! Thanks for showing us your sketchbook. Awesome as I expected.

I want too see more of your Comics and your paintings. Love your style.

May I ask how old are you? And could you tell us a little about your story? How you became such an art monster? lol

Boobies + asses = Win. Gonna stick to this thread for sure.
    My Sketchbook Thread --> Critiques please!

Thanks
    wow awesome new sketches! your females are looking so great! sexy sexier and sexiest! i would love to see some more big boobed girls from you

Thanks
    just.....awasome....art......gre8,9,10.....

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    that is such a sweet ass i can't believe it took just one hour for the boob study i was wondering if you used reference for that? can we exchange sketchbooks? cuz i like yours more
    Last edited by miycko; August 18th, 2009 at 03:27 AM.
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    WOW, those are beautiful art. You can paint really well and your manga style is brilliant too!
    I'll be stalking.

Thanks
    @ mike butkus
    Thanks for dropping by man! cheers

@ MeBabyMe
    Thanks again!

@ Burdie
    Thank you!, I guess sometimes less is more, right?

@ X@v
    Thank you! Yes i have an entry in the agent contest, some dude jumpkicking some other guy, asian market scene with rain.

@ YihyoungLi
    hehe thanks you! Come again!

@ BOMACHADO
    Thank you! I think i can not find any more old comic pages, i stopped doing them a long time ago...
    I did a couple pages for a G I Joe comic some years ago when a friend was ill, but i can not remember what issue that was...

I am 31 years old.
    I was drawing since i was baby but seriously got interested when i was 6 years old i think. i still remember what triggered it.
    I was playing outside when i found a piece of paper on the street; someone did a very simple line drawing of Arnold Schwarzenegger from some import magazine.
    I can tell you i was so super impressed that you can show so much power with just a couple of lines....

i started to read books about arts, hell, all kind of books. my grandparents had a nice collections of Russian literature and by the time i was 7 i finished a big part of it.
    (i learned reading at home before school)
    I mention the reading because that triggered many events for me. For one it helped developing my fantasy and some of the books pushed me to create something.
    I remember i liked wizard of OZ but there was a Russian follow up book with giant robots, hell that day i felt in love with robots.... i was building that robot from the cover with glue and paper, burned it and rebuild it... i can still remember....
    Lots of the books had very beautiful paintings and illustration. I had interest in the cartoony images, really hated the old oil paintings... thought those were boring...

ok, lol i need to keep things shorter i know, sorry...

i was drawing a lot, every day. when i was 9 i made a good friend, he was very much interested in drawing too, he also introduced me to marvel comics,
    we were drawing like crazy monkeys, robots, marvel and dc heroes, lots of boobies! But our main interest was anime! when we were 10 we made friends with a Chinese guy, he got lots of anime tapes from his cousins from china, so we were one of the first people in germany who seriously got into that.
    We were huge dragon ball, fist of the north star fans, all the old cool anime in fact.
    I can not even tell how many anime, series and ova I have seen till today… but there is not much left that I have not touched.
    some of my pictures were printed in the nintendo club magazine 2-3 times, yay!

When i was 15 i met an artist who owned a fantasy shop and a small publishing house. he introduced me to water colors and i felt in LOVE with water colors!
    I was abusing watercolor as well as it gets.
    I only paint on dry paper, no flow effects. It does not even look like watercolor. Soon i started to mix in acrylics for black and some japanese colors people use for model kits, weathering color series, to make rust effects and so on... other than that i always used schminke premium colors.
    I also got into modeling, sculpturing and wood cut.
    When i was 16 Blum started publish my work in his Dice and Paper RPG books.
    Those are called ANGELI, maybe some old german rpg player still know them. That makes me the first in germany to publish in japanese style haha
    i had some little exhibitions when i was 16-17 in local bookstores and a couple smaller freelance jobs here and there. i was doing traditional art till i was 20 i think, with 19 i had my last vernissage that was part of "erotic cocktail" at one of the biggest art gallery in germany owned by the artist Michael Oeffler and his Partner (mutterstadt/neustadt).
    after that i pretty much stopped with traditional medias.

With digital medias i started super early, first when we had the monochrome apple computers in school, we had some class led by some teacher who was also some sort of game developer. Tho the artistic expression at that time was super limited, it was more a mix of coding and some sort of ascii art look.
    After that i tried all sorts of graphic programs on all platforms i could find, luckily we knew people who owned computers...
    I tried apps on amiga, pc, mac, felt in love with the early photoshop versions on a SGI workstation later... hell i even practiced with mario paint later haha
    Fujutsu Marty FM had some editing software for animation and compositing too.

by the time i was 18-19 i was doing at least half of my images digital, when i was 20 i completely switched to digital coloring, only the line work was done on paper.
    i was also doing 3d things, first with morray/povray and other apps, then 3d studio.
    I did build a digital portfolio and applied for a job at various game dev studios in garmany, and picked Massive Development because they had a good team and they were located in my city. I learned lots of new tools working for the studio, always got the latest updates on 3ds max, learned texture weapons, darktree, painter and so on....
    I started working with animation too, learned to use premiere, after effects, final cut, much later also new tools like sony vegas (only use it to convert formats tho)

After Aquanox 1 was finished i assumed lead designer position and was getting prepared for the art director job. I learned a lot during my studio time, not only the from the artistic site but also about team work, critic, responsibility, hard work and other things...

I started doing photography more seriously too, got into artistic nudes and fashion, love it!

2 titles later the studio was closed down by the publisher... they had a bad time and many people in various studios lost their jobs...
    since then i worked as a freelance, having contacts in the industry helped first but then i stopped paining at all, for almost 1 year i did no art. i moved to Thailand and did nothing but party, and other business, tried to open a small fashion label...
    Things did not work out well so i started painting again, i really missed art anyway..

i started updating my port, started research and studies on film. did new work with blue screen production, post FX, cut, editing, sfx.
    I did a couple of music videos for gmm grammy, various photo shootings for bands, actors and models. i produced a video for some other label too for one of the biggest rock bands in Thailand.
    Started to work internationally again, mainly for the game industry.
    then about 1 year ago i formed a team with 2 partners who are Programmer and now we develop our own games next to our main work.
    I have also some other projects running with other partners, but can not tell about it.

that’s roughly all.

@ Jizu
    Thank you! cheers

@ bharat
    Thank you!

@ miycko
    Thank you yes i look up some ref for some studies, its quick if you use it loosely.

@ shamandalie

Thank you! Please come again!
    - - - - - - - - - -

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    good day everyone!
    - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks

Thanks
    really fantastic stuff here dude!! fist of the north star was my favourite too as a kid!!
    looking forward for more!!
    BLOG
    [/B][/URL]

Thanks
    waaa i need to steal your skills and implament them into me *creating a plan how to rip your skills* ...

wow that was such a big text .. now my eyes are bleeding and i dont can twink anymore X.X

Thanks
    Aw man, keep em coming!

It's funny how you say you did a 'quick sketch' on something that looks so detailed and would cost me a week to accomplish! And you spend a whole hour reshaping a butt, you must have high standards. (For a girl that is...) I'd love to see some pencil sketches if you still do them that is.

Thanks for the life story. It made me realize I have a long way to go. And although the road may seem long, I have to keep it interesting and never loose the fun I have. Thanks! ^_^

Thanks
    Hey I saw some of your stuff long ago at animexx and since that time I follow your art. It's really great to see your sketchbook now. Very interesting to see some old stuff I'm curious for more old and new art soon! Keep up the great work!!

Thanks
    @ Fellah

Thank you!

@ Shard

FoNs ws the shit, ramming fingers into peoples heads and lungs, how cool is that?
    They started a new OVA come years ago, much greater quality and Gackt did the cover song. Tho they stopped, guess it was no big hit... to bad

@ Jizu
    Sorry for making your eyes bleed, maybe i was over sharing
    I am sure if you work hard enough you will be as great as you want to be, all by yourself! Its all about ambitions, goals and motivation.

@ LostFayth
    Thank you! Trust me after a couple of years you will get a lot quicker too, i used to sit on same shit 10 times longer when i was young.

@ GunTrouver
    Ah thats long ago.. that time i did some covers for Manga Scene, been to some cons too. Now that i live in asia i no longer can visit german cons, but i can tell the cons here are way bigger crazy cool coseplay and so on...

Thank, you just inspired me with old times.
    I made a quick fan art!

Old school shit yay!
    - - - - - - - - - -

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 706 Posts
    Interesting story, fun to hear about how you grew up with art and Arnold being the trigger.

Latest piece rocks! .. didn't see you posted while I was writing this. Haha Dragonball I remember when I started doing manga when I was around 13, and all I could do was Goku.

Thanks
    There is awesomeness in here for sure. *Subscribed*.

Thanks
    interesting stuff but i sens a "chilling down" in your work, any motifs for that!?

Thanks
    oh man, nice drawings and paintings, this is a stuff who i realy love to see here, i need more pratice to try this stuff my friend, keep posting.

Thanks
    Hey,Randis,maybe I am wrong,but wasnt yours a piece of a girl with a hat in some kind of swamp and a big totoro-like creature in it???

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast