Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hey nice new updates...the samurai chick looks gr8 and the complete painting of patience is awesome...i like the oranges u painted very nice texture....u know i m quite impressed by the way u complete ur work wid the same level of interest till the end...i always lose interest if a sketch is taking long or i m workin on and off.....keeep it up...way to go man!!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    maria riaz thanks a lot i figure painting is the only i can ever get out of this forsaken country i live in so i'm trying my level best become as good at it as possibly can it's a shame i have to work 10 hours a day, so much wasted time

i've wanted to do something VERY sci-fi for quite a while now, so when i found the beyond the frontier contest i was like, "HELL YEAH". So the topic is unkown moons & 've been thinking about what i wanna do for it for the past two weeks or so and i finally decided to do an image of someone in a small space craft or "travel pod" these are one man space pods that people use to travel between moons,planets and ships over short distances in protected areas, they're lightweight and built for the speed so they have no weapons. The ship itself is a half circle "spine" with a shield around it, i can't find a better way to explain i think the initial draft sketch below should help i thought about designing a spacesuit & whatnot for the character but i figure if people actually lived on or between these moons/planets they wouldn't really need space suits cause the ships would already be protection enough. Then again it might be a little boring to have her dressed in civilian clothers, i thought about making her a space pirate but i'm still not decided yet.

i wanted a sort of reclining chair in the ship, like a barber chair but this one looks small & uncomfortable. Now i'm thinking of removing it & replacing it with a slightly big cushiony-roundish one, then getting rid of the controls at the top and putting them on the chair.

Miycko's taking his studies SERIOUSLY!!! NSFW (nudity)

Usually i spend too cuch time plotting & desgning things when i'm doing model sheets, up to 10 days. i'm hoping to be done wth this by the weekend so any help & suggestions will be really welcome
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Hi. Thanks for the visit to my sketchbook.

Some good stuff in here... the one thing I'm seeing that's kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard is the line quality.

I've just begun reading Mattesi's book on gesture... and he describes the back and forth style of line as indecisive. I think that's a good way to put it. If lines go every which way, they don't have a purpose and they lose their power.

Anywho... just a little crit. Keep working.
    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    p sage thanks for coming through spot on about the indesisive lines, i don't exactly have a technique yet. i'll try to work on that

change of plans, yesterday i found out about the twisted fairytales contest so i'm putting the travel pod design on hold cause there's only eight days to the deadline for this one, i decided to do Anastasia. The plot: After killing resputin everything in the kingdom was hunky-dory, Anastasia & Dimitri got married & lived happily ever...........but not for long. What they didn't know was that when they broke the vile of evil spirits that gave resputin his pover, they realeased the onto the castle grounds & they never left. in time Anastasia & Dimitri grew tired of eachother, they would argue all the time over nothing and finally that love they once had turned into hate. Anastasia deecides she would rather strike first than risk getting killed by him. Still work in progress but i like it so far

i want it to look like she shot him once & he was trying to crawl away, she follows, pins him on the stairs & shoots him again. i realised last night that i spend too much time trying to refine things even in the early stages, i tried to look up some refernce pictures but the closest i could find to what i had in mind was this Arr_15 i then spent the one & a half hours trying to get the two of them in the right positions & i still haven't managed. i need to get a refence of the inside of a castle for the background beyond the stairs, if anyone's got some links i would really appreciate your help.

i decided to make a list of the advice i've been given & need to keep in mind as i work on this

1. determine the light source early on & be aware that some body parts are further away from the light source & therefore will have a different shading
    2. work on the image as a whole, intead of parts (now thats gonna be hard, no layer masks for this one)
    3. avoid soft brushes (eeek)
    4. vary the amount of rendering (keep the details to the major focal points of the painting)
    5 do not use white for highlights
    5. try using purple as a base for shadows & less pure black values
    6. do not make single strands of hair (waste oftime)

alrighty then, here it is

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Great work ! keep up !

Thanks
    Sweet update, nice process, thanks for posting, might have to give that process a go

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,280 Posts
    HAHA IM A SUCKER FER HOT CHICKS W/ KNIVES AN THE STUDY in 57 is HOT!!! KEEP W/ THE GOODS!

Thanks
    Katia LeMpka Thanks a lot

The man with no name thank you very much

Grandmassa Mr.Spect Thanks dude

A small update

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    you are really motivated that good, continue :]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    keep up the great work

Thanks
    Great progress Miycko. Would love to see you do some master work studies and post it.

Try adding more items/furniture to the scenes. It currently feels empty save for the bed.

Thanks
    Thanks for replying in my sketchbook miycko .
    Don't know what advice to give that hasn't been said before, Just keep going and pay good attention to what has been said before. Don't give up.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,280 Posts
    haha where is the BIG UPDATE !!! this look'n RAD!

Thanks
    Seeing alot of progress here, I'm digging it!

Thanks
    towy thank you

Pandah Thanks for coming through

hueyyeng you're right, need to add some furniture & whatnot, thank you & i'll get down to those studies as coon as i'm done with this image

seagulls thanks dude

Grandmassa Mr. Spect It's not a BIG UPDATE, but it's an update

sharee thank you man

Rough & stressed couple of days, screamed at my boss yesterday morning & almost got fired. Oh well i fainally got an update to show

Last edited by miycko; September 15th, 2009 at 03:27 AM.
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast