Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Miycko's taking his studies SERIOUSLY!!! NSFW (nudity)

Thanks
    many works here that good :], try for work with other brush more hard but anyway i see good progress so continue, cool animation too
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    towy thank you, i love soft brushes, bad habit i need to get rid of

here's some studies of some kids i did last week but forgot to post

Miycko's taking his studies SERIOUSLY!!! NSFW (nudity)
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Your animation is fantastic!! Nice work on that, it has emotion and style! It's my favourite work here so far!

Samurai girl is looking better, the shadows help it feel more 3d for sure. I think the piece suffers from one major thing though: the lighting isn't defined well enough. Or it could be because the light source seems to be straight on from the viewer. See the left leg that comes foreshortened towards you? That should have different shading than the girl's left arm, which is at a 45 or 90 degree angle to the leg. I would look into the shading of various 3d cylinders from the same light source for practice.
    Sketchbook - freakmod wants to learn how to draw really well

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    can see you do progress
    Do more life studies and drawings from photos, will help with the anatomy big time.
    Also try to explore the color range more, less complimentary colors, bigger palette, mixed colors, less saturation and less pure black values.

explore more hard edged brushes, soft brushes can be used to fix the blending a bit.
    To much softness gives images a mushy look.

try to do some master studies, pick a nice oil painting and study the strokes, color and light values, you will learn a lot doing that

cheer!!!
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    jatherip i cant believe i missed your post, thank you very much, you are really kind i do spend wwaaaayyyy too much time on some images, i'm working on my speed so it should improve, i just hope that happens sometime soon

freakmod thanks a lot by the time i finished the animation my hand felt a bit numb so i'm glad you like it that much & i really need to learn how to define the light source early on cuz at the moment my lighting skills do suck a bit

Randis i'm thankful for your continued support i'm actually enjoying drawing from photos, so i'm definately gonna do more of that & i'm taking the advice on the colours & brushes on board immediactely

yesterday i found a link to this photoshop nubies thread in someone's sketchbook, sorry i can't remember whose. Anyways i decided to try painting some fruit this morning (which i've NEVER done before), so here's my first painting of fruit on a plate, some oranges. At first it looked nothing like an orange and i was sooo close to quiting but after 1 hour & 25 minutes i finally got a good enough result to be proud of

Last edited by miycko; September 9th, 2009 at 10:00 AM.
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    wow, the woman with the sword looks incredible, and this latest update looks amazing so to does the portrait in black and white, you have a bright future ahead of you

Thanks
    The orange study is awesome! you're makingr great progression. On the children portraits, I'd recommend you two things, to make them look more childish: Don't draw the teeth separations, only insinuate them, as most of the times we perceive all the teeth as a whole thing; and be careful with the wrinkles and fuzzy shadowlines, they make them look older.
    Anyway, good job! Keep up the work man!

Thanks
    The man with no name thank you so very much, you just made my day in so many ways

Abrodos your very right about the teeth, i never used to draw them before but i figured it's about time i got over the fear & started drawing them so they kinda suck right now, same goes for the wrinkles thanks for coming through dude

some leftovers from yesterday morning some random , trying to draw with as few lines as possile but i realized i don't find it as efficient and i do even less in the same amount of time

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    hey nice new updates...the samurai chick looks gr8 and the complete painting of patience is awesome...i like the oranges u painted very nice texture....u know i m quite impressed by the way u complete ur work wid the same level of interest till the end...i always lose interest if a sketch is taking long or i m workin on and off.....keeep it up...way to go man!!!

Thanks
    maria riaz thanks a lot i figure painting is the only i can ever get out of this forsaken country i live in so i'm trying my level best become as good at it as possibly can it's a shame i have to work 10 hours a day, so much wasted time

i've wanted to do something VERY sci-fi for quite a while now, so when i found the beyond the frontier contest i was like, "HELL YEAH". So the topic is unkown moons & 've been thinking about what i wanna do for it for the past two weeks or so and i finally decided to do an image of someone in a small space craft or "travel pod" these are one man space pods that people use to travel between moons,planets and ships over short distances in protected areas, they're lightweight and built for the speed so they have no weapons. The ship itself is a half circle "spine" with a shield around it, i can't find a better way to explain i think the initial draft sketch below should help i thought about designing a spacesuit & whatnot for the character but i figure if people actually lived on or between these moons/planets they wouldn't really need space suits cause the ships would already be protection enough. Then again it might be a little boring to have her dressed in civilian clothers, i thought about making her a space pirate but i'm still not decided yet.

i wanted a sort of reclining chair in the ship, like a barber chair but this one looks small & uncomfortable. Now i'm thinking of removing it & replacing it with a slightly big cushiony-roundish one, then getting rid of the controls at the top and putting them on the chair.

Usually i spend too cuch time plotting & desgning things when i'm doing model sheets, up to 10 days. i'm hoping to be done wth this by the weekend so any help & suggestions will be really welcome
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Hi. Thanks for the visit to my sketchbook.

Some good stuff in here... the one thing I'm seeing that's kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard is the line quality.

I've just begun reading Mattesi's book on gesture... and he describes the back and forth style of line as indecisive. I think that's a good way to put it. If lines go every which way, they don't have a purpose and they lose their power.

Anywho... just a little crit. Keep working.
    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    p sage thanks for coming through spot on about the indesisive lines, i don't exactly have a technique yet. i'll try to work on that

change of plans, yesterday i found out about the twisted fairytales contest so i'm putting the travel pod design on hold cause there's only eight days to the deadline for this one, i decided to do Anastasia. The plot: After killing resputin everything in the kingdom was hunky-dory, Anastasia & Dimitri got married & lived happily ever...........but not for long. What they didn't know was that when they broke the vile of evil spirits that gave resputin his pover, they realeased the onto the castle grounds & they never left. in time Anastasia & Dimitri grew tired of eachother, they would argue all the time over nothing and finally that love they once had turned into hate. Anastasia deecides she would rather strike first than risk getting killed by him. Still work in progress but i like it so far

i want it to look like she shot him once & he was trying to crawl away, she follows, pins him on the stairs & shoots him again. i realised last night that i spend too much time trying to refine things even in the early stages, i tried to look up some refernce pictures but the closest i could find to what i had in mind was this Arr_15 i then spent the one & a half hours trying to get the two of them in the right positions & i still haven't managed. i need to get a refence of the inside of a castle for the background beyond the stairs, if anyone's got some links i would really appreciate your help.

i decided to make a list of the advice i've been given & need to keep in mind as i work on this

1. determine the light source early on & be aware that some body parts are further away from the light source & therefore will have a different shading
    2. work on the image as a whole, intead of parts (now thats gonna be hard, no layer masks for this one)
    3. avoid soft brushes (eeek)
    4. vary the amount of rendering (keep the details to the major focal points of the painting)
    5 do not use white for highlights
    5. try using purple as a base for shadows & less pure black values
    6. do not make single strands of hair (waste oftime)

alrighty then, here it is

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Great work ! keep up !

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast