Sketchbook: Miycko's taking his studies SERIOUSLY!!! NSFW (nudity) - Page 22
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Miycko's taking his studies SERIOUSLY!!! NSFW (nudity)

Lav is offline Student Animationfilm Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice updates, am curious to see more pencil updates Last paint is good too, you have specific type of eyes that you always use in your paints but they work really well in this one, i would just play a bit more with light and shadow, her side/arm looks a bit flat. But she's very pwetty!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay! Becoming batter and better! *_*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Laydeeez!
    Loving your updates man, especially the studies. I'd say watch out how much you're blending it sometimes gives that plastic look that digital gets when you over-render an object.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pierce9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update again, bro..
    Also agree with what Pierce9 said. Besides that, awesome stuff man, definately do more pencils. Will help you a lot!

My Sketchbook | My blog

Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black. ~japanese proverb

8. The Following User Says Thank You to arestocrat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 774 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, pencils studies! They're looking great; especially that girl with the bucket on her head For a crit, try to keep you pencil sharp throughout for cleaner lines and better line variation. It also helps the drawing look a bit better if you go in at the end with a nice sharp dark pencil and emphasize the darkest areas. That'll give you a little more contrast and help the sense of volume in your shapes. Great work on the stapler btw; that shiny metal section looks awesome. Keep up the good work!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're making so much progress! Your drawing skills have just gone through the roof (IMO) and it's wonderful to see that progress. Your painting and rendering have also improved significantly but your painted images still look very flat. They are nicely rendered but very flat. Maybe you are going for a particular style where roundedness and/or three dimensionality is not necessary. If that's the case then just ignore me.

Keep rockin man!

ART. MORE. NOW.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Pryminista For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good stuff. Try for the full range of values in the pencil work. Sweet stapler, careful not to make the sufaces appear curved that are flat but keep the reflected light gradient there as well.
    referenced digi , your great at shading and making it look clean but not quite 3d.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to seagulls For This Useful Post:

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lav Got MOAR pencil right here glad you like the eyes, i need to practive different kinds though & thanks for pointing out that arm, will fix it sometime

Creusa Thanks a bunch hon

Pierce 9 Thanks a lot dude i will try & control the level of rendering a bit moar

arestorat Thank you dude definitely will

dierat Thank you very much D. it's so hard to control the pencil sometimes and thee edges are something i'm gonna try and pay special attention to. thanks a lot for the input

Mr.Pryminista Thank you very much Sir i truly appreciate you saying that, atm i have no idea how to make them look more 3d so if you have any suggestions please don't hesitate

seagulls thanks a lot dude i'm getting used to the pencil so will try to so. it's so hard to try and keep things from curving, i'll hopefully learn to do so with practice

update
    Pencils from this week, the first one's from life (1 hour), then two referenced drawings (50 mins & 1 hr 20 mins) The the digis. A referenced Lioness which took five and a half hours to paint and lastly a painting i've been doing for the past three weekends Red Fun was referenced from Warflght's photo Red Sonja Fun 6. Another experiment where i started in black & white and only went into color after i had rendered most of the image (fourteen hours into it to be exact) It took a total of 19 hours to paint

Attached Images Attached Images      
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

16. The Following User Says Thank You to miycko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 774 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Love that pitcher! Sorry I don't have any crits atm; just keep rockin' those pencils!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Micyko! Fantastic updates! I like the blonde girl at the end of post #630, especially since she looks facially different than the girls you've drawn~ That last cg with the girl drinking from the chalice looks good too, especially how you've painted the ambient lighting onto her skin.

it's not the end that matters but the journey

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ilmenhin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet, love that red fun painting. mysterious. I think what may be tricking you is the distortion in the photo. Her lower leg appears to go back in the photo as so the camera is near head height. hey thats a little perspective issue though . I know it's really boring to do those.The kettle has good perspective.
    I like the soft effect on the lioness.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to seagulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    LOVE seeing you progress like this! WooHoo!! That 19 hour long drawing is mega awesomeness!!
    The skin details, rendering, everything is great! It's another level!!
    Skin tones - particularly highlight- reminds me of a recent drawing from the other page.
    It's definitely time you redo some of those drawings you thought you weren't good enough to redo!!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That 19 hour long drawing is mega awesomeness!!
    The skin details, rendering, everything is great! It's another level!!
    AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    *o*

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now where are my updates,hmm?

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sure the update will be as awesome as it was till now *3*

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies, those last couple of digi paints are a level up. The hand and robe on the right side could use a little more love, a little more time on the drapery maybe.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pierce9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dierat thanks i'm very happy to hear that crit or no crit i really appreciate your support & will do my best to keep working with the pencils

ilmenhin Thank you so much for the encouraging words i'm glad you like her face, i think a lot of the faces i paint tend to look similar. that last painting was a tough one b&w is a real pain to paint into color so i'm glad you like the results

seagulls i'm glad you like it, thank you very much dude you're right about that lens distortion, i found it quite hard to try & paint it without making it looking weird. Gonna make some time for perspective studies soon & thanks again man

BlackDelphin Wow Cristina you're making me blush & to be honest any progress is thanks to the great support & motivation from you i'm so very glad you like it & hope i don't backslide & disappoint. Speaking of redoing some paintings i've decided to go back to a painting i left unfinished a couple months ago, hope you like what i've done with it & thanks again

Creusa thanks a lot

BlackDelphin it really has been too long since i last updated, itís finally here

Creusa i hope the update is as good as you hoped

Pierce9 Thanks a lot dude, itís great to hear iíve made some progress quite true, by the time i got to doing the guy on the right i felt a bit out of it & thought i could get away with it, will try to keep myself from leaving parts of an image unfinished before moving on with future paintings

what i've been the past couple of weeks
    mainly just digis, the first one's called Iron, I wanted to try something sci-fi/futuristic with a robotic influence, it took 9 hours & 30 mins to paint, there's a couple of mistakes so feel free to rip it apart
    the second one is a painting of timhaylock's photo Pricilla 1 which i think is a fantastic photo, i wanted to paint it the moment i saw it, this one took 9 hours to paint
    and last but not least a painting i was working a couple months ago that i finally decided to revisit. It's the biblical characters Urim & Thummim with a twist. let me know what you think

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn you came alooong way since I last was here... great great improvement. keep it up

"Take credit for anything embedded in the edit as long as you ment it when you said It"

Sketchbook <-nsfw|Deviantart | Website

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Incinerated For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The second one is made of WIN!!! Her skintones are fantastic!!
    I would recommend you though to be less precise. Detail only the one part of piece.The important one xD
    Also... some perspective exercises?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OKAY.

That first picture- nice form, but the colours look somewhat muddied- it doesn't feel like anything really stands out. I think it just needs more contrast to "pop".

The second one- is AMAZING. You've got the contrasts working well here! Her lips, her nose are really well done- I love how you shaped in some cheekbone there. She exudes calm and cool confidence. Well done!

Third picture- I find the colour palette a little odd, but it might work if you tone down the leaves on the tree? The way you did the leaves make them look like they have no depth.

it's not the end that matters but the journey

39. The Following User Says Thank You to ilmenhin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now who's making who blush? Glad i could be of any help to you. <hug>
    And i'm glad to see you reviewing that older drawing of yours! I'r recognise it anywhere, nice improvement on it!
    I also like that portrait you did. VERY nice!! Would love to see more of that! And don't be afraid to pump up those light sources.
    Chya!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First one, yes a couple of mistakes. Do you have a sketch for it? I may be able to show it more clearer.
    The second one is really nice! I can see it feels much calmer than the photo.
    I really like the last one, the planning and arrangement is great. There is a lot of color which seems like you wanted it joyful. Maybe a little busy.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to seagulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, you definitely have to work on values. There should be some really dark areas (where the shadows are) and some very light ones in your paintings, otherwise it all looks too flat. Art tutorial by Prometheus explains it well: http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm.
    Keep posting

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Justyna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The girl drinking from the cup with the bad ass sword from post #638 is the most visual harmonious image I've seen you do. Great job on the colours, the atmosphere, her pose. I love it.

So you wanna know how to do draw more 3-D? Just drawing objects from life and pay attention to the way light hits the object, the way light bounces off the object and onto others (and vice versa); pay attention to the shadows that are cast, are hard or soft? pay attention to the change in colour and value as a result of the degree of exposure to the light source(s). keep these kinds of things in mind when drawing/painting from life. all of these things mentioned (amongst other factors) should be taken into account to better understand the relation between light and form.

All the best to you!

ART. MORE. NOW.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Pryminista For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    happy new year everyone

a bit of holiday fun lol, painted four days ago in photoshop CS3, 11 hours

incinerated many thanks to you dude i'll try to keep it up

creusa yay - i'm happy that you like her i keep meaning to do perspective studies but never do, time to get serious about it

ilmanhin first one - very true, i started with values in b&w then failed to translate it into color
    second - wow, thank you - thank you - thank you i was hoping her attitude would show through
    third - i've been struggling with this one for some time now, every time i work on it things get confused, thinking it might be easier to repaint it in the future when i have the apropriate skills
    thanks so much for taking the time to crit my works, much appreciated

BlackDelphin lol, aren't you the charmer thanks for the constructive commments although i'm not sure i'm when i'll work on it next or what direction it'll take, i'm thinking it was a bit too ambitious on my part but i will revisit it when i'm more skilled. glad you like the portrait, the result was close to what i'd imagined when i started so i'm happy with this one

seagulls yes i do (attached) - it was a very rough sketch, probably part of the reason it turned out a bit messed, feel free to paint over it

thank you i was aiming for a calmer feel with it so i'm glad it came out that way and i'm happy to hear you like the last one, it really is quite busy, i'm not sure what to do to fix that though thanks for the visit dude

Justyna there really is a lot i need to work on, having a hard time trying to keep the paintings from looking flat. thanks a lot for the tutorial it'll be of great help will do

Mr.Pryminister thank you very much for those great comments, it's very encouraging to hear i'm a bit lazy when it comes to drawing from life, guess i'm hindering my own progress when it comes down to it. thanks for the advice dude, i'll be more serious with still life's from now on

so here’s what i’ve been up to the last two months. first off i joined the DOMINANCE WAR mini contest to get rid of the artblock i’d been experiencing, i think it helped

the first sketches

WIP shots

and the final entry, C&C is welcome
    i didn’t keep track of time on this but roughly i’d say it took about 40 hours paint, the times a bit discouraging but i’m i’m happy about the result

cloak
    last week’s effort to paint, wasn’t too happy about this one but i feel too lazy to go back and fix it took 8 hours, crits are welcome

Tech Welcome
    an experiment, figured it would take less time to draw something with solid lines & less detail, i was dead wrong 11 hours

and finally
    Ghostly Hottie
    thought i’d try ending the year on a slightly spooky note finished this 16 hour painting two days ago C&C is very welcome

cheers

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy New Year, miycko! Hope you're doing well *v*

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there and Happy New Year!

Really impressive amount of dedication is going into these latest paintings, great progress, too. Love the clean rendering. Would be lovely to see more loose painting.

Best wishes,

Ana

Get naked, eat sushi!

CA.org sketchbook
    Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah those are nice! I knew the contests would help, you have some great examples already in your DA gallery.

Now I'm not saying this is for placing accurate landmarks or anatomy, As I'm really not too good at that. But just to see proportion and perspective, I hope this helps to start you off. Red for the centrelines.

52. The Following User Says Thank You to seagulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, loads and loads of progress, especially in the conceptual realm. That stuff you did for Dominance War is looking killer. It's good to hear you spent so much time on that last one. You learn a lot by spending so much time on one piece. However, there's a distinction in level of detail when you compare the head and the hands to the rest of the body. It piece looks less cohesive when there's such a sharp contrast in detail. Try softening some of the edges in the face and around it. Do the same to the hands...OR, amp up the detail on the body, around edges, etc...

Otherwise, keep up the good work man. You've come a long way and your perseverance is paying off!

ART. MORE. NOW.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Pryminista For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    creusa happy new year, i'm doing fine

Jansi happy new year, thank you so much i find it hard to do 'loose' paintings for some reason, it might my approach, i make unattractive blocks at first (no pen pressure) before blending. plus i'm major slow but i'll try & churn out some loose stuff
    watch this space an see what happens

seagulls it really is motivating to take part in contests and such, thanks a lot the paint over makes sense, i did have issues trying to set the helmet straight & now i can see why, thanks again dude

Mr.Pryminister Thanks so much dude, that's really motivating to me to do more i'm not good at choosing what to detail & how, in fact previously i would detail each and every little thing obsessively which so i'm only learning to avoid now. thanks for the great input dude, i'll be keeping your advice in mind for future paintings

what iíve been up to the last ten days or so, no digiís this time putting my pencil to good use

first up is some one point perspective, iím sure itís painfully obvious that theyíre from imagination, i intend on doing more this week

drawings from imagination, man these suck oh well.
    the scribbles on the bottom right poped into my mind as i woke up last wednesday and i later developed it in a slightly playful style i havenít tried before, it was fun

studies from life

and finally some photo studies

cheers

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5