Sketchbook: Miycko's taking his studies SERIOUSLY!!! NSFW (nudity) - Page 21
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Miycko's taking his studies SERIOUSLY!!! NSFW (nudity)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, I see you got the scanner working.
    I can see the loomis has helped for sure with the imaginative drawings, and I almost thought the photo study was from imagination. haha.
    Theres a bit of a outline on the lighter parts of the photo study that makes them pop forward a bit, maybe the same effect you want to avoid as p sage critiqued on the William Bouguereau study.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to seagulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wooo Loomis! Make sure you do A LOT of drawings from imagination after copying his poses And be careful, some of the standing figures are falling to the right and some proportions are a bit messed up (long arms, mainly, it's no biggie).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Donna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello really nice studies! I really think you did it with the samurai guy, looks realistic. As a critic I think sometimes that your characters faces looks too porsline like. (After writing this I saw loathsome already pointed that out.) That guide that he posted has really helped me, try to really understand it. Try to use more different skintones and go crazy with colors, just to learn and experiment. Check my updates if you have time, I could need a critical eye.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nellin For This Useful Post:

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Creusa Thank you so much honey i find working from imagination very hard so i really appreciate your kind words

BlackDelphin WOW, thank you very much Cristina i'm so glad to hear you say that, it's so damn hard to climb up that damn staircase. Thanks again, you're really awesome

arestocrat thanks a lot dude you're very right, there's a wealth of knowledge to be learned from the man so i'll definitely continue to read the books

seagulls sadly my scanner's still busted so i make use the one at work when no one's looking there's quite a way to go before the imaginative drawings reach the standard of the study though i had removed the outline on the study but felt it looked funny without it, will have to try & figure out a way around that i guess thanks for the visit dude

Donna Moar poses from imagination, will do i never even noticed how much the figures were falling untill i scanned them, will definitely need to keep an eye on that

iupdates
    to start with some works done with graphite. the first page is something i call 29 heads (from imagination) followed by some referenced male drawings, and then the next two pages are male figures from imagination and then a character design, i couldn't decide what to do so i made two, which one do you like and last but not least a photo study of a picture by mic-ardant called Epiphanie, Here's the link to the Original Photo. Comment & Crits are are very welcome

Attached Images Attached Images              
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

8. The Following User Says Thank You to miycko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    But careful, it's slippery sometimes!

So far so good, better n better, just take care when blending that you don't lose that saturation tone change for example, or the planes. Abdomen area seems a bit strange to me.
    Try (perhaps) adding variation like a bit of redness, hair here n there, arm hair? skin pores, etc. To give it more personality.

Looking better digitally this way, MORE!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa miycko you are insane dedicated son of...

i can give you advice-try to observe nature where the shadow has hard edgeand where it is soft (slowly becoming lighter and lighter)
    i noticed you have lots of hard edged shadows in your work and the result is that they are looking artificial.
    keep it up bro

12. The Following User Says Thank You to witek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow dude....loads of improvement here! That rendering of the lady with the cloth totally blew me away. I instantly thought "Wow, that's some awesome rendering". Also, I love seeing those studies you have up there. Your understanding of the human form is deepening.

Okay, crit time. While your rendering of that figure is the best I've ever seen you do, there's still something flat about it and I think it has something to do with your initial drawing. Look at your drawing, it's very flat, very 2D. I think if you started drawing in "3D" (check Vilppu) then your rendering of forms will look more 3 dimensional. Your initial drawing is very graphic; you didn't use spheres, cubes, cones or cylinders to construct the figure and I think that's what hindering your work from looking more 3 dimensional.

Hope this helps. Keep trekking buddy. Your work is looking fantastic. Let's stay in touch. Cheers

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Peetaer For This Useful Post:

Lav is offline Student Animationfilm Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, really loving the paints you made! But also keep in mind, regarding the portrait drawings, that the position of the head has a big impact on the neck, and in those drawings it sometimes looks a bit unrealistic as if the neck is really stiff and the head just pasted on there.
    But really great paints!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The color paint is the best I have seen you do miycko. Really really good.
    Its just the imaginative things.
    Maybe you could referece a pose from here for the warrior girls
    http://www.characterdesigns.com/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to seagulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pics from reference, good as gold, but be careful with the imaginational stuff... Try to establish the reference library of what you need in your head, before trying it out of your mind. Otherwise you may make mistakes and (unwittingly) stay with them/ do them all over again. That would be a bad trap to fall into! Even if it's boring (I sure know that), stick more to referencing... At least for the basics, because if the basics are ok, you can go wild on the details and it will still be right
    Keep up Bro'!

My Sketchbook | My blog

Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black. ~japanese proverb

20. The Following User Says Thank You to arestocrat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice studies, I never can force myself to do so much I like your first character design (but second good as well), a few things I can suggest - is to make edge on the other side and turn her left leg a bit back to us... hope you understand what I mean
    And paint from reference - really beautiful, especially her legs!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to in2eternity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    haha I EXPECT NOTHING LESS WHEN IM GONE TO SEE NAKED LADIES AN WICKED STUDIES IN HERE WHEN I COME BACK HAHA GOOD SHOW BROTHER YOU YOU RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! !!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies, i really enjoy them ... keep up the awesome work!

- BLOG - ------------------ - Sketchbook - ------------------ - deviantART -
    "It's nothing really, all in a days work for us bicycle repair men"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to shambok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah darling you're doing good. I wont crit. It's so nice to see you studying color from... nude women xD As already said really beautiful, realistic legs!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awwwwwwesome!!! That last figure study ROCKS! keep it up!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to papervampire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That latest update! Colours looking much better in the lifepainting.

Poses are definitely starting to look more natural! Love the dedication~ Can't wait to see the next batch of artwork~

it's not the end that matters but the journey

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ilmenhin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 775 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey miycko! Long time no see, eh? I'm glad to see you're still working on your anatomical drawings! And your recent nude figure study looks amazing, especially the feet! It reminds me a lot of that James Kei figure painting demo, especially because she's standing on a wooden box, lol. The blue fabric she's holding looks a little confusing in your painting, but that type of cloth is very difficult to render out without taking forever on it because it's so reflective and has so many specular highlights. The character design looks great too. For a crit though, the butt looks a bit strange to me because it seems to be turned more towards us than her legs, which are shown in profile.

Anyway, great work! I think your thread has come a long way, and it's great to see that you're still really pushing yourself!

(Oh and, since you asked about this on DA, I thought I'd mention that I started a new SB thread here, the link to which is now in my sig! )

34. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah, yes. that amazing figure study it still blows my mind

"Artists who seek perfection in everything
    are those who don't achieve it in anything"
    ~Eugene De La Croix

Deviantart~♥~ twitter~♥~ Blog ~♥~ IFX ~♥~ Sketchbook

36. The Following User Says Thank You to GweNdZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Micky where are you!? Seriously!!! Get back in here!
    Just reply if you don't draw. That'll make you draw, i'm sure of it! cA just dose that to you!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nellin Thank you very much dude my work has a very cartoony background so it's a bit hard to get that out of it. i'm not quite sure if i want it to completely go towards photo realism yet but i'm happy with my style atm. i'll have a look at your sketchbook soon and thank you for the advise

BlackDelphin aint that the truth as i painted the image i felt the reds were a bit too saturated blended them in with the other colours, a bit too much maybe? mmmm hair and skin pores it's about time to into it i guess Thanks for the adice

witek thanks very much dude shadows are a real pain for me, thats some great advice i'll try my best to remember it

Peetaer Thank you very dude you're completely right about the initial drawing dude, my mindset is usually in a 'okay lets get this over with' state as i'm doing the line work which it shouldn't be i'll make an effort to check out Vilppu an sort it out. Thanks so much dude

Lav connecting the neck to the head is something i have constant trouble with, i will try to pay more attention to it Thank you so much Lav

seagulls Thank you very much dude the imaginative works are truly hard to do and i want to try and keep a balance with the studies. Thanks for the link dude

arestocrat Thanks a lot dude i'm trying to use the stuff i learn from referenced work in the imaginative works though it isn't easy. Thanks for the great advice dude, keeping it in mind

in2eternity Thank you so much i'll remember your advice on her legs in case i decide to continue working on the image. Thanks again TO

Grandmassa Mr. Spect ha I'M GLAD I COULD LIVE UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THERE'S MOAR TO COME SO STAY TUNED

shambok thank you very much dude

Creusa Thank you so much babe

papervampire Thanks a lot dude

ilmenhin Thank you so much i'm glad to hear you say that, there's moar to come

dierat it's been way too long D, i'm happy to see you back in here i love painting feet for some reason, hard as they are! that video did have some use eh, speaking of which did you ever try out thos livestream classes? I admit i did rush painting the fabric cuz of time need to do moar studies on such. you're right about that butt, i'm not sure if it would be a matter of adjusting the left cheek or if it would all have to be reworked. i'll keep it in mind for the next time i work on this image

WOW! thank you so much for the stars D. Gonna check out the goodies in your new sketchie

GweNdZ Thank you very much glad to see you in here

BlackDelphin i'm here, i'm finally back and i have been drawing thanks to your inspiring company

Alrighty then, this is what i've been up to the last couple of weeks. We'll start off with the pencils, i did some moar heads from imagination followed by some skeletons i referenced from an art book i borrowed from a good friend of mine and then some character designs from imagination (half the time i don't even know exactly what i'm doing even when i have a subject in mind and now for the digis note i haven't done much study in this area of late. The first one's Natacia Sky an 11 hour painting from imagination, next is a 1 hour sky study and Carmine whose my try at doing something 100% vector which took around two and a half hours, that’s followed by a 1 hour speed painting i'm quite happy with Jessie, Then Dominique is the four & a half hour painting with a lot of green, i might just revisit this sometime to fix some things, the next one's Angel in my bed which might just be some kind of fantasy of mine it took 17 hours to paint and last but not least Light to Dark also might be a fantasy of sorts, took 17 hours to paint as well. Must make time for studies now

Thanks for the visit
    Cheers

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When i read your comment i thought, he's posting the good stuff last, near the end of the post, but then i start scrolling and ALL of these are GREAT!
    Those pencil stuff are brilliant! I really like those characters! And the skeletons from your friends book have really nice flow and proportions! I think your digi is starting to fall behind your pencil skills.
    But digi stuff is still good! Perhaps try to add an adjustment layer to see your values from time to time. The values as they are now, seem to be all very saturated and strong. Now with all, but with the first digi for ex.
    Really diging that hair accessory from the angel reader. You're doing better with these, that you have already experimented with. So perhaps try redoing some subjects, or something similar to get even better results?

Cheers!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey miycko
    i checked ur sketchbook after quite a long time...wow man wat an improvement.....ur hard work is actually paying off...keep it up
    cheers

43. The Following User Says Thank You to maria riaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The pencils are really good, The skeleton looks very good in particular. The paintings are great.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to seagulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1282737950 nice ass, lol

digis look good, but still keep value in mind... with colored paintings make a new layer and fill with black or white, then set blending mode to saturation or color.... with one small click in the layers box you can turn your painting into black&white and check your values! Keep it up, dude!

My Sketchbook | My blog

Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black. ~japanese proverb

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arestocrat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cant wait for the next post

- BLOG - ------------------ - Sketchbook - ------------------ - deviantART -
    "It's nothing really, all in a days work for us bicycle repair men"

49. The Following User Says Thank You to shambok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 775 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    No, I never got around to trying the livestream classes, and at this point I don't think I'm going to. Especially since in terms of studies, I'm really just focusing on improving my anatomical knowledge these days. Anyway, great update as usual! Is it just me, or do you have a particular penchant for butts? For a crit, the front elbow on the last image is a bit low which gives her an elongated upper arm. I think the front leg has the same issue but to a smaller degree (since that leg is bent forward, the knee should be higher than on the back leg in order for them to be equal).

51. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice updates! I could look at the girl with the book all day! "shes an angel!"

As a critique I do the same mistake by drawing the gender that I feel most comfortable drawing. I see that the majority of your drawings is of females, am I right? .
    I think that the biggest lessons comes from doing something youre not comfortable with, not falling into routines. That includes drawing the same noses the same postures and stuff. I really try to think about this when I draw, and I think its a good way to advance and improve.

53. The Following User Says Thank You to Nellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I love your last works a lot!!! Keep it up, that's incredible how purposeful you are!

55. The Following User Says Thank You to in2eternity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ur paints r very good

keep it up

57. The Following User Says Thank You to Brahimpag For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BlackdelphinYou're very kind Cristina, thank you very much for the encouraging words, i really appreciate you saying that you're right about the images being saturated, checked them on my work machine & realised that the laptop i'm using has very low saturation levels compared to most screens so i've tried tweaking them a bit, i'm not sure if my current settings are ideal but i think it's helped some that's a great idea to try & redo some stuff, though i kinda feel like i haven't reached the point where i can rework some pieces and be completely satisfied with the results, MOAR practice for now

Maria Riaz So happy to have you visit again thanks a lot for the support & don't be stranger okay

Seagulls Thanks a lot dude tried to be real careful with the skeletons to get them right

arestocrat i'm glad you like trying to work on the whole saturation issue atm, thanks for the great advice dude

Shambok Coming up thanks for the visit

Dierat The classes would only make sence if anatomy was the topic, but there's only so much they could cover on that subject i'm sure. i love butts, it must be a guy thing cuz i'm not exactly sure what attracts me to them but i'm sure i'll be painting lots moar man i seriously missed that elbow, thanks so much for pointing it out & the knees as well, certainly something i'll be keeping in mind

Nellin That she is i really like drawing females, the occasional male is usually to just remaind myself that i can still draw them. Thank you for the advice, it makes a lot of sence, will be trying out some different subjects very soon

in2eternity thank you very much i'm happy to hear you like them, promise to do as much as possible while i'm motivated

Brahimpag Thanks a lot

i decided i should take my pencils MOAR seriously, it's not always that i can paint in photoshop after all, and besides i realised that pencil is a zillion times faster if you're sketching so i bought a couple pencils & have been experimenting the last week or so. The first five are referenced from photos & the last one's from life. The times in order from first to last are: 15 mins, 1 hr 10 mins, 1 hr 15 mins, i hr 25 mins, 1 hour and 2 hr 30 mins. I did some digis as well, only two for this post, the first one is a study from life which took four hours and the second is a referenced painting/study of a photo by DreamPhotographySid called Jess which took twelve and a half hours to paint.

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5