A blog about daily studies (should we start a daily studies activity here?)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A blog about daily studies (should we start a daily studies activity here?)

SECOND EDIT: What do you guys say about making a daily study activity here? I think it'll be good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really sure this is the right place to post this, but anyway...

http://sketchness.blogspot.com/

Sssoooo... Me and a friend from work (I work at Ubisoft as a 3D environment artist) decided to start doing daily studies. The basic idea is to have a different topic each day, and also to switch between anatomy and environment related studies each week.

Curiously enough though, almost no one around me has time or desire to participate in this. And the guy I make the studies with doesn't post much, because he has no scanner. We decided to make a blog devoted to this so that more people can join and post their studies, whenever they have the time. The more people join in the less likely it is for the activitiy to die off. Also (presumably), the more things people see posted, the more they'll be motivated to post something themselves. And also, non-forum people can post there, or people who don't want to clutter their threads with everyday studies...

So, if anyone wants to join, the details are in the first post of the blog, and also- on the side. So far, only my work from the past week has been uploaded, but still, if you lack the self-discipline to do daily studies by yourself, maybe that'll help a bit.

Thanks for looking. Have fun now

EDIT: Ssoooooo... We're horrible jerks and decided to keep the blog personal. Reason is so the place doesn't get too crowded if a lot of people start joining in. If anyone is interested we can make a thread here dedicated to daily studies. It can have the same subjects as the blog. Could be something along the lines of "Sketchness thread". Sssooo... if anyone is reading this- share your thoughts on the matter.

Last edited by Windmaker; August 13th, 2009 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Cookies
    When in doubt, run and shout.

Sketchbook Vol.2

Sketchbook Vol.1

Blog

lys's sketchbook
    click there!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like a great project! Really really like it, and it's the kind of thing to keep lazy people like me pushing.

I trust you guys to not let it die until I've finally got a scanner and can participate myself (I don't think anyone'd want to look at my badly photographed studies except in my personal sketchbook.)

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"I mean, What is a chair? It's an anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i made something like this once, with a lot of guys. I was inspired by the Gorillas. Unfortunatelly the project died because only i and another guy were posting....

Wish you the best of luck!

My website

Facebook Page

New CA Sketchbook

" The scientific and generally accepted-in-art term for this is "You're fuckin' screwed, dude..." " Ilaekae - May 16th, 2009

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shitty you decieded to keep it personal. I'm going to still check it out from time to time.

[

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Taj aaand... everyone else: Would you like me to start an activity thread here? I can ask the admins to make a sub-forum in the activities section. If theres' enough interest I'm sure they'll help.

Sssoooo... yeah. Anyone want to start a daily studies activity here? I think it will be good. Also, there's a lot more tallented people here who can give feedback to more people, so what do you say?

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I like the idea actually, so who's up for a daily studies activity?

Last edited by Windmaker; August 13th, 2009 at 03:20 AM.

Sketchbook Vol.2

Sketchbook Vol.1

Blog

lys's sketchbook
    click there!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    There's already a daily activity on CA, the Daily Sketch Group has its own subforum here with plenty of variety in subject matters.

sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AsaB: I thought of that too. But it's not studies. And drawing "A rainbow coloured umbrella-monkey drinking lime juice with a sailor horse-dog" is a rather different subject than "Draw twenty arm studies"
    I could be wrong in my assumption that there isn't a daily activity like this though. Or maybe there's no need for it. So, again, if this is out of place I apologize

Sketchbook Vol.2

Sketchbook Vol.1

Blog

lys's sketchbook
    click there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd join. Hopefully I am not the only one.

Members who have read this thread: 1