Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Thanks
    people get so high strung O_o

I just wanna see who won to know what separates my art from the winner. I forgot all about the prizes up until now, lol. A good point to consider though- it is free and they never gave a deadline. You factor in all of the different events, seminars, etc that they have to coordinate in addition to the contest which in turn supplements the community, their own personal work and obligations, and coordinating with Wacom for the contest as well, it's a lot to put on a plate. It'd be nice to hear something, but I feel like when you're a professional and you're giving away some pretty expensive/high end rewards, you don't just forget about it.

I might be a little off base, but don't see it as a terribly urgent thing I suppose.

And the whole "respect" thing is just overblown. It isn't an intentional or personal offense so less Q_Q.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yo, RELAX. It's not that serious. Don't get it twisted. No one's 'demanding' respect. I said respectful; please and thank you is respectful, holding the door open for someone is respectful. I don't remember asking for politeness being a bad thing. No one said anything about prizes, or winning, or respect, I don't know where that came from. Don't get it twisted. Get over it. Chill out.

Art is an orgasm that's always on the verge of climax, but you never let it, just to keep the ride going.

Works

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=144153

Thanks
    um......YEAH!

Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

To contact me, email me at: hpsvg@hotmail.com

I hope you enjoy my artwork!

Thanks
    just had to say i really enjoyed this competition, especially these small debates afterwards about deadlines, prizes, respect and stuff. it really gives people, me at least, some perspective to what business we are all trying to be a part of. i myself have changed my views on a lot of issues and gained some new thoughts about my work and how to get good results. so, talking about all this now is really good. especially for us that are pretty new to the business, and i have to say i love to be part of it. and it was so many good entries, would have taken me a few years to go through all of them judging on both techniques and ideas. so keep these debates going, we need them. great job everyone! thanks!

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    To tell the truth, everyone here wants to know the results, we all are curious, no need to pretend.

But that is NO reason to start getting rude with the Host!
    CA has done a great LOT for everyone in all this years and if the results come late then there simply will be some good reason for it.

Lets not destroy the good contest mood, just wait a bit longer.

I don't wanna hear about not getting respect from CA! THATS BS.
    Jason is working hard for years double shifts to make things happen for CA and all the Mods and Admins on this site treat people fair and with respect.
    Control the anger people, don't make it write you things you might feel sorry about afterwards.

Now go and draw and paint! Or visit my SB ( i have lots of updates there)

Last edited by Randis; August 30th, 2009 at 07:41 AM.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    For anyone not aware about what is on Jason and crew's plate at the moment--please hit up the lounge and read about the new version of CA and the funds they have to raise and everything they are doing to raise those funds. It's time consuming and this contest is just one more thing on their list of things to do.
    I give them a ton of credit for it.

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Talking

I understand where everyone is coming from and both sides. That will happen as time goes by.

I worry that something happen or fell through. Jason is super busy yes...but I am sure that he would have time to post some kind of update. So, I am thinking that he has no update.

Weather he has not heard back from others to help with the judging or Wacom/other prize donations. If he post something other then the winners people will ask question that at the time can't be answered and that would take to much of Jason's time. I don't think that CA would have forgot about this contest. I do know that when you have many people that are judging it is hard to get all the entries to each person and get their feed back on a time line.

Plus, I am sure it takes a lot of time to go over all the images that can place and people's choice to make sure that none of them have anything copyright or anything that could make problems later if posts and send over the newsletters and such.

It may just be a problem that was not foreseen and taking more time then first thought. The whole breakdown does take alot of time.

If Jason was to post an updated it may not have any real information and people may just think that he is "buying time"

I would not want his job...the winners you pick will not make all happy and there may be the few people that was to fight about it or say things that are untrue about why they won. Plus the Grand prize winner will be going on the cover of the FX mag...if the "best image" is the top but they can't seem to make it work on the cover like the size will not work or there is not enough area where the title and text could go. What do you do? If FX says that is a great painting but can't work as a cover...do you pick another Grand Prize winner?

There is a lot that can be going on...so I will sit back and wait and pray that everyone that is taking part in running this is not having to brick walls and at the end everything works out.

-Linda Lisa

Illustrator/Concept Artist

:
    •Web Art Site
    •DeviantArt Art

:
    Linda Lisa West
    LindaLisaArt@live.com

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,947 Posts
    The one thing I did wonder was if nipples would be allowed on the front cover. That could cause a major headache.

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    male or female nipples?

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 601 Posts
    Alien nipples. Alien rubber comedy nipples that you can detach and wear around town. Now there's an idea.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Impossible View Post
    Alien nipples. Alien rubber comedy nipples that you can detach and wear around town. Now there's an idea.
    Stores away in ideas list for possible future use. Will give credit.

Randis, it would be female. The US is more prudish than a lot of other places. Possibly a section could be put on the front cover and the full picture inside. I don't know - just guessing. You might have got their knickers in a right twist with yours being that good.

Thanks
    jdillon isn't being rude. He's being firm and honest, coupled with a bit of sarcasm.

Deadlines are deadlines and when we create something for the public, we should adhere to the deadlines we create. However, life's unexpected issues arise and delays can be inevitable. So when that happens, a simple post that takes no more than 2 minutes should be made. We deserve that, and everyone, no matter how busy, has 2 minutes to post, "Hey, guys, sorry about delays/etc. Here is an estimated time of judging decisions..."

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I got the impression that, since the People's choice poll goes up on the 31st (tomorrow) that that's probably when the announcement would be made, so I've been chilling and waiting.

I won't have won a Wacom, but I tried new stuff and learned a lot, so I won SOMETHING.

(I am looking forward to seeing the winners, though).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to alesoun For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5