and let the judges begin... - Page 5

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephKnight View Post
    Could you reach deep down and just honestly tell us why the delay? The deadline was long ago, people are complaining and the only updates we receive are "soon".

Is it that other things are taking up your time?
    Is it that there is mass debate over the winner and you guys are deliberating daily?
    Is it being swept under the rug?
    Is it problems with the forum software and the difficulty of gathering finals?
    Is it that someone is falling short of their responsibility and giving the old "if I just had more time" excuse?

If there were print-outs of all the entries on one table, I think a few judges could come to a top three in a matter of hours. A or B... A or B....

I'm guilty of most of the procrastinations above so I'm not coming down on anyone, I just wish that the reason for the delay would honestly be divulged to all those who worked so hard to produce an entry. People will respect you a great deal and be a bit more patient if they simply know "why".

And just because it's so awesome I'll include this:
    You might've missed it, but: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=170092

Last edited by yoitisi; September 29th, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These entries look great! The bar keeps getting raised with these contests and it's fun to watch and learn with.

I don't know about all of you, but I'm getting a heavy reminder of the importance of a thumbnail image. When I see all of these at a small size, next to one another, it's very interesting to see which ones stand out and IMHO, it's largely based on the simple design choices. I'm getting quite a bit from the experience, but that's one small thing I'm taking already when I see the polls go up.

Congratulations on making some great pieces everyone. I would be very content to take a C+ or if I dream big... a B- in this company.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to snasitra For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by snasitra View Post
    I don't know about all of you, but I'm getting a heavy reminder of the importance of a thumbnail image. When I see all of these at a small size, next to one another, it's very interesting to see which ones stand out and IMHO, it's largely based on the simple design choices.
    Very true - it really hit home for me when voting that the ones I would choose at a thumbnail level would always be affirmed as my favorite when I browsed through the larger images. Gotta put more time into those thumbnail sketches!

Although there were one or two that didn't grab me as a thumbnail but I still loved up close.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.