Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: and let the judges begin...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 3,972 Posts
    The judges are torn between a ton of the pictures. Only surviving on pizza and coffee, they are becoming desperate to get out the windowless room they have been locked in. The fact that some of the judges have been photoshopped out of the room by their rivals has been flattened to conceal evidence. It has been conjectured that there can only be one judge yet there are too many rivals crawling up the walls.

It’s at the end of the month when results are posted.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    mmmmmm... pizza and coffee sounds tasty...

The prospect of being photoshopped out of existence on the other hand... maybe not so much
    I didn't envy the judges before just because of the daunting task of choosing the winners... but that's just damn scary

Good luck to the judges sounds like they need it

Take care,
    Adam
    WARNING!!!!!
    WAAAAAY WAAAAAY way out of Date!

My Sketch Book
    TEAM CHOW I
    TEAM CHOW III
    I'm always trying to improve.
    Any help, encouragement, crits,
    or comments are greatly appreciated!
    Please let me know what you think

Thanks
    I was humbled as expected when I tossed up my entry.
    Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks
    I know the judges are busy busy busy, as are the contest creators. But, I was wondering if we could just get a tiny courtesy post from Jason Manley on a time frame since his original post didn't say it'd be this long into August.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgoo View Post
    I know the judges are busy busy busy, as are the contest creators. But, I was wondering if we could just get a tiny courtesy post from Jason Manley on a time frame since his original post didn't say it'd be this long into August.
    WORD!
    I like Root Beer

My Sketchbook

BlogSpot

Thanks
    what's goin on .......... when will results declare??

Thanks
    The results are three weeks late now. :/ This is getting kind of ridiculous.

Thanks
    Yo, if all the participants met their deadlines, shouldn't conceptart meet theirs? I know there was no guaranteed date set for when the results would be posted but, a courtesy update would at least be respectful.
    Art is an orgasm that's always on the verge of climax, but you never let it, just to keep the ride going.

Works

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=144153

Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 602 Posts
    One thing you quickly learn about competitions is that when you enter one, no matter how big it is, who's organising it, who the judges are or what the rules are, no deadline or specified timescale whatsoever will occur as planned. If you understand this, littal gasshoppas, all will be well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Impossible View Post
    One thing you quickly learn about competitions is that when you enter one, no matter how big it is, who's organising it, who the judges are or what the rules are, no deadline or specified timescale whatsoever will occur as planned. If you understand this, littal gasshoppas, all will be well.

Baron is right on the money here.
    Not to lecture or anything guys but you kind of need to keep this in perspective: All you have to do is show up and draw and you have a shot at all of these *FREE* prizes.
    Massive Black/CA.org can only do this because of years and years of unbelievable toil and personal sacrifices to become successful enough to be able to host free giveaways like this.

So at the risk of sounding like an a-hole: sit down and shut it, the only thing thats ridiculous is people demanding or expecting anything right now out of "respect" - get real.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptcrawler View Post
    Baron is right on the money here.
    Not to lecture or anything guys but you kind of need to keep this in perspective: All you have to do is show up and draw and you have a shot at all of these *FREE* prizes.
    Massive Black/CA.org can only do this because of years and years of unbelievable toil and personal sacrifices to become successful enough to be able to host free giveaways like this.

So at the risk of sounding like an a-hole: sit down and shut it, the only thing thats ridiculous is people demanding or expecting anything right now out of "respect" - get real.

Yeah, that's right, artists totally don't deserve respect! Because it's not like anyone who entered actually worked really hard or challenged themselves or put other projects on hold to get finished on time or anything. Everyone knows we're supposed to bust our asses to meet deadlines, and then should be grateful to be ignored afterwards! Because since we aren't at the top already, our time and our work has no value whatsoever! And if we ask for updates a month later, we're just a bunch of sissy whiners.

Thank goodness I don't have to put up with that kind of attitude from my actual art directors.

CA doesn't HAVE to have contests, but they do, in part to build community strength. They asked us all to take the time out to enter, and we did. We could just have easily done the weekly activities instead. Considering that CA is supposedly all about community building and helping each other out, it seems kind of crappy to not even provide updates when they're this late. Oh, but I'm just being a whiny-pants who doesn't know how the real world works! Silly me, wanting to know what's going on and asking for an update!
    Last edited by jdillon; August 29th, 2009 at 12:49 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdillon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Look JD, im not going to argue with you about it but I think you really have this backwards and are out of line.

This isnt a contract, its a contest.
    Its an offer, the prizes are F R E E, and only possible because these guys have busted thier balls to be in a position to offer these kinds of things, which they do out of sheer generosity.
    Your arguement is frankly ridiculous: " I demand some information on whether we won these free prizes and gifts out of respect for those of us who took the opportunity to win them!"

I mean the sense of entitlement is absurd, sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 3,972 Posts
    Calm down. I already consider myself a winner because I learnt so much.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast