and let the judges begin... - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @moonchild- *just* margaritas? Surely they'd be drinking champagne with diamonds in the glass!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." Scott Adams
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    still no results or poll?

Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

To contact me, email me at: hpsvg@hotmail.com

I hope you enjoy my artwork!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I like Root Beer

My Sketchbook

BlogSpot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 394 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck to all, there are some amazing entries out there.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I thought this contest would be sort of a bigger deal, The prizes that were offered were pretty hardcore, its hard waiting so long to see the poll, seems like its falling by the wayside. Everyone must be busy with the on demand streaming classes, I know I'm busy watching them

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does anyone know what the regions are for the regional prizes?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by art80 View Post
    Does anyone know what the regions are for the regional prizes?
    the regions are americias/europe, middle east & africa/asia pacific

Last edited by oren90; August 24th, 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

The expectation-excitement is fading!!!

Last edited by ktkps; August 25th, 2009 at 01:15 AM. Reason: adding emoticons
    Imagination encircles the world

Sketchbook

Save earth video

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wonder what is taking so long? I know I am not going to win, but I sure would like know who did.

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,374 Times in 3,595 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The judges are torn between a ton of the pictures. Only surviving on pizza and coffee, they are becoming desperate to get out the windowless room they have been locked in. The fact that some of the judges have been photoshopped out of the room by their rivals has been flattened to conceal evidence. It has been conjectured that there can only be one judge yet there are too many rivals crawling up the walls.

It’s at the end of the month when results are posted.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmmmmm... pizza and coffee sounds tasty...

The prospect of being photoshopped out of existence on the other hand... maybe not so much
    I didn't envy the judges before just because of the daunting task of choosing the winners... but that's just damn scary

Good luck to the judges sounds like they need it

Take care,
    Adam

WARNING!!!!!
    WAAAAAY WAAAAAY way out of Date!

My Sketch Book
    TEAM CHOW I
    TEAM CHOW III
    I'm always trying to improve.
    Any help, encouragement, crits,
    or comments are greatly appreciated!
    Please let me know what you think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was humbled as expected when I tossed up my entry.
    Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know the judges are busy busy busy, as are the contest creators. But, I was wondering if we could just get a tiny courtesy post from Jason Manley on a time frame since his original post didn't say it'd be this long into August.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgoo View Post
    I know the judges are busy busy busy, as are the contest creators. But, I was wondering if we could just get a tiny courtesy post from Jason Manley on a time frame since his original post didn't say it'd be this long into August.
    WORD!

I like Root Beer

My Sketchbook

BlogSpot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what's goin on .......... when will results declare??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The results are three weeks late now. :/ This is getting kind of ridiculous.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo, if all the participants met their deadlines, shouldn't conceptart meet theirs? I know there was no guaranteed date set for when the results would be posted but, a courtesy update would at least be respectful.

Art is an orgasm that's always on the verge of climax, but you never let it, just to keep the ride going.

Works

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=144153

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    One thing you quickly learn about competitions is that when you enter one, no matter how big it is, who's organising it, who the judges are or what the rules are, no deadline or specified timescale whatsoever will occur as planned. If you understand this, littal gasshoppas, all will be well.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Impossible View Post
    One thing you quickly learn about competitions is that when you enter one, no matter how big it is, who's organising it, who the judges are or what the rules are, no deadline or specified timescale whatsoever will occur as planned. If you understand this, littal gasshoppas, all will be well.

Baron is right on the money here.
    Not to lecture or anything guys but you kind of need to keep this in perspective: All you have to do is show up and draw and you have a shot at all of these *FREE* prizes.
    Massive Black/CA.org can only do this because of years and years of unbelievable toil and personal sacrifices to become successful enough to be able to host free giveaways like this.

So at the risk of sounding like an a-hole: sit down and shut it, the only thing thats ridiculous is people demanding or expecting anything right now out of "respect" - get real.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptcrawler View Post
    Baron is right on the money here.
    Not to lecture or anything guys but you kind of need to keep this in perspective: All you have to do is show up and draw and you have a shot at all of these *FREE* prizes.
    Massive Black/CA.org can only do this because of years and years of unbelievable toil and personal sacrifices to become successful enough to be able to host free giveaways like this.

So at the risk of sounding like an a-hole: sit down and shut it, the only thing thats ridiculous is people demanding or expecting anything right now out of "respect" - get real.

Yeah, that's right, artists totally don't deserve respect! Because it's not like anyone who entered actually worked really hard or challenged themselves or put other projects on hold to get finished on time or anything. Everyone knows we're supposed to bust our asses to meet deadlines, and then should be grateful to be ignored afterwards! Because since we aren't at the top already, our time and our work has no value whatsoever! And if we ask for updates a month later, we're just a bunch of sissy whiners.

Thank goodness I don't have to put up with that kind of attitude from my actual art directors.

CA doesn't HAVE to have contests, but they do, in part to build community strength. They asked us all to take the time out to enter, and we did. We could just have easily done the weekly activities instead. Considering that CA is supposedly all about community building and helping each other out, it seems kind of crappy to not even provide updates when they're this late. Oh, but I'm just being a whiny-pants who doesn't know how the real world works! Silly me, wanting to know what's going on and asking for an update!

Last edited by jdillon; August 29th, 2009 at 12:49 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdillon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Look JD, im not going to argue with you about it but I think you really have this backwards and are out of line.

This isnt a contract, its a contest.
    Its an offer, the prizes are F R E E, and only possible because these guys have busted thier balls to be in a position to offer these kinds of things, which they do out of sheer generosity.
    Your arguement is frankly ridiculous: " I demand some information on whether we won these free prizes and gifts out of respect for those of us who took the opportunity to win them!"

I mean the sense of entitlement is absurd, sorry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Calm down. I already consider myself a winner because I learnt so much.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    people get so high strung O_o

I just wanna see who won to know what separates my art from the winner. I forgot all about the prizes up until now, lol. A good point to consider though- it is free and they never gave a deadline. You factor in all of the different events, seminars, etc that they have to coordinate in addition to the contest which in turn supplements the community, their own personal work and obligations, and coordinating with Wacom for the contest as well, it's a lot to put on a plate. It'd be nice to hear something, but I feel like when you're a professional and you're giving away some pretty expensive/high end rewards, you don't just forget about it.

I might be a little off base, but don't see it as a terribly urgent thing I suppose.

And the whole "respect" thing is just overblown. It isn't an intentional or personal offense so less Q_Q.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo, RELAX. It's not that serious. Don't get it twisted. No one's 'demanding' respect. I said respectful; please and thank you is respectful, holding the door open for someone is respectful. I don't remember asking for politeness being a bad thing. No one said anything about prizes, or winning, or respect, I don't know where that came from. Don't get it twisted. Get over it. Chill out.

Art is an orgasm that's always on the verge of climax, but you never let it, just to keep the ride going.

Works

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=144153

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    um......YEAH!

Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

To contact me, email me at: hpsvg@hotmail.com

I hope you enjoy my artwork!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just had to say i really enjoyed this competition, especially these small debates afterwards about deadlines, prizes, respect and stuff. it really gives people, me at least, some perspective to what business we are all trying to be a part of. i myself have changed my views on a lot of issues and gained some new thoughts about my work and how to get good results. so, talking about all this now is really good. especially for us that are pretty new to the business, and i have to say i love to be part of it. and it was so many good entries, would have taken me a few years to go through all of them judging on both techniques and ideas. so keep these debates going, we need them. great job everyone! thanks!

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい! Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,052 Times in 943 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    To tell the truth, everyone here wants to know the results, we all are curious, no need to pretend.

But that is NO reason to start getting rude with the Host!
    CA has done a great LOT for everyone in all this years and if the results come late then there simply will be some good reason for it.

Lets not destroy the good contest mood, just wait a bit longer.

I don't wanna hear about not getting respect from CA! THATS BS.
    Jason is working hard for years double shifts to make things happen for CA and all the Mods and Admins on this site treat people fair and with respect.
    Control the anger people, don't make it write you things you might feel sorry about afterwards.

Now go and draw and paint! Or visit my SB ( i have lots of updates there)

Last edited by Randis; August 30th, 2009 at 07:41 AM.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For anyone not aware about what is on Jason and crew's plate at the moment--please hit up the lounge and read about the new version of CA and the funds they have to raise and everything they are doing to raise those funds. It's time consuming and this contest is just one more thing on their list of things to do.
    I give them a ton of credit for it.

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

I understand where everyone is coming from and both sides. That will happen as time goes by.

I worry that something happen or fell through. Jason is super busy yes...but I am sure that he would have time to post some kind of update. So, I am thinking that he has no update.

Weather he has not heard back from others to help with the judging or Wacom/other prize donations. If he post something other then the winners people will ask question that at the time can't be answered and that would take to much of Jason's time. I don't think that CA would have forgot about this contest. I do know that when you have many people that are judging it is hard to get all the entries to each person and get their feed back on a time line.

Plus, I am sure it takes a lot of time to go over all the images that can place and people's choice to make sure that none of them have anything copyright or anything that could make problems later if posts and send over the newsletters and such.

It may just be a problem that was not foreseen and taking more time then first thought. The whole breakdown does take alot of time.

If Jason was to post an updated it may not have any real information and people may just think that he is "buying time"

I would not want his job...the winners you pick will not make all happy and there may be the few people that was to fight about it or say things that are untrue about why they won. Plus the Grand prize winner will be going on the cover of the FX mag...if the "best image" is the top but they can't seem to make it work on the cover like the size will not work or there is not enough area where the title and text could go. What do you do? If FX says that is a great painting but can't work as a cover...do you pick another Grand Prize winner?

There is a lot that can be going on...so I will sit back and wait and pray that everyone that is taking part in running this is not having to brick walls and at the end everything works out.

-Linda Lisa

Illustrator/Concept Artist

:
    •Web Art Site
    •DeviantArt Art

:
    Linda Lisa West
    LindaLisaArt@live.com

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The one thing I did wonder was if nipples would be allowed on the front cover. That could cause a major headache.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.