The Adventure Apes! (My Retro-Indie-Game)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Red face The Adventure Apes! (My Retro-Indie-Game)

So, working flat out for a couple weeks on this, I managed to finally get it done and would like to show it off! Based on characters who run around the world to stop evil, I made this game to help promote the upcoming storybooks and such. I figured that as this is a lounge, you are probably currently lounging and/or vegetating like myself. However, if you want to check something out that (I hope!) appeals to the masses, feel free to watch my little teaser video below!

Did I hear someone say "shameless self-promotion"? You're damned right! But try telling me that monkeys with guns doesn't bring a smile to your face!!

Last edited by ScaryPotato; August 26th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The sound that plays when you f.ex pick up a weapon is annoying and too long IMO, otherwise it looks cool and the rest of the music fits... =)

Thanks
    That item sound is very loud I admit, so it's been toned down in the latest version of the game. I'm sure more things will pop up with each round of testing...thanks for having a look and giving some feedback!

Thanks
    All right! Barring any major catastrophes with my code, this game is basically done. Seems like whenever I say that, more issues pop up, but I would rather test it a million times and find things wrong than not test it at all. Definitely a labour of love/hate/love! As a warning, the sound is ultra-loud, be careful with your speakers Anyhow, here is a video from start to finish, minus most of the cool goodies you have to search for...hope you like it!

Download a copy here!
    Or here!
    Heck, you can even get it here!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,442 Times in 3,654 Posts
    Sorry I got bored a minute in. It's generic, but hey, you're learning. Does he ever die and how?

Thanks
    Hi Black Spot,
    The video is meant as a walkthrough to show how to get to the end, as the level itself is pretty big and one can easily get lost in when playing the game....and dying is a part of any video game, so yes you will lose a life if you've taken too many hits. You can gain lives too if you collect 1000 coins. By the way, I prefer not to think of the game as generic so much as utilizing tried and true techniques

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.