Team CHOW II: Doomsday Dream Clan - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Well shit...

I'm burned out on this spellcaster. He's done as far as I'm concerned now. Wish we'd get some more comments in this thread though unfortunately other than listening to advice I'm not sure we can fix much at this stage.

Name:  Lorian-03.jpg
Views: 2275
Size:  129.2 KB

Honestly though, this turned out better than I thought it would. I really didn't like the initial figure. The first concept made by clanlord had some leaves flying around, if you're up for painting those in go for it guys.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool! looks great! I'll start on the brawlers in the morning.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok Nick very good! One thing is very wrong here about this drawing - the right arm looks out of proportion this means that I am saying it needs to be thinner. Good catch on the green light. I like it alot. And his belly I think it mustn't be so thin. Try to fix his face.

Splendid work. Show me your last variant and I'll se what can I do to polish it more!

I want to say that we are participating at first time in such a contest and we do not even know each other. Nick is from USA, I am from Bulgaria, Mick is from Canada and this is a very wide space between each of us and maybe it reflects here. I know Mick from 2 weeks Nick from year but I haven't seen your faces nor talked to you both. So cool down the things. There is time - G

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello guys!

Good evening! I like all the paintings at the moment and I think there is no doubt in Nick's skills. He is totally amazing painter. But the time is squeezing and we mustn't neglect that fact. Here are the ready ones for now. I am not saying that they are totally finished if I see some mistakes or things that may change the look of the characters to more attractive and polished look I'll do it. Nick you have done an amazing job.

Mick I am still waiting your briefing about Delamar. It is vital for all of us to have a strong plot behind these characters. I wrote the stories for Archer, Lorian, Wolfsbane and Fares. Delamar's and Gorge's stories are not finished yet. We must reconsider some details in them and show to these guys (if someone is looking here) that their competitor will kick asses.

The images are in size 709x469.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Archer

The nature of this mythical creatures talks that they have the olfaction of wolves, the sight of an eagle and the endurance of a bear. The Elves are very strange and not very talkative humanoids. The most significant difference between them and the humans is that their perfection is beyond the human comprehension. The task of these creatures is to preserve the balance in nature and Earth forces. Beside their inability of fighting great battles in close combat they are very accurate with their handmade bows. If they have a chance to stalk the enemy they use their cutting weapon the knife Majaira (Mahaira).
    The word hunt in their language means art of killing. That’s why it is a great honor for them while they are preparing for hunting. Usually they put three or two feathers of the most beautiful bird called Eol on the top of their bows. They believe that the feathers will give them the strength to execute perfectly their tasks.
    Let’s take a closer look to his clothing and the overall look of the armor. That tells us about his place in the hierarchy. The elves give a great honor to the well – earned place. His cloth on the belt gives us a big hint about in what tribe he is. His shiny and well carved figures and ornaments on the leg pads and arm pads can suitably fit into war defence armor too. But it also shows that this elf is reputable by his friends.

Appearance: slim, tall, wide shoulders;
    Face: long oval, pale;
    Hair: long, blonde;
    Armory and clothing: majaira, long bow, leather vest, leg pads, arm pads, leather belt, bag, leather bandages;

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by clanlord; August 25th, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lorian

Lorian is the most powerful magician of all times. The mystery around his powers is hidden in the Bible of Light. The Mother Nature is his weapon against dark powers. Lorain’s most trustful attendants know that their master comes from the Far East where the mythical powers rule the vast grounds. Lorian is one of the few most powerful wizards in the world. Delamar his replica has been formed from the Dark ritual Chamber where Lorian has been sent by the sorcery of council. Then Delamar became his first enemy and now he rules the power of the night.
    Lorian is best known for his abilities over all living creatures from small plant beans to enormous animals who rule the jungles. He is preserver of balance and keeper of the lost children. God endowed him with a great gift after his third year of living. He started controlling the lifeless nature like stones, sand and dust. His parents were the gods of nature – the goddess Nazara and his father Ezra. The people in the village believed that he is truly the keeper of the holy tomb where the emperor was kept for ten decades. The body of the mighty ruler has been buried with an amulet – The Symbol of Light. The first reason for the people to think that Lorian is the chosen one was his mark behind his ear – like a third eye. That was the symbol of light. They immediately took the boy from his parents and the most skillful masters of magic started instructing him. That was the beginning of his knowledge about his future. In young age he gained powers stronger than his old teachers. Then they sent him to the holy tomb of Light were the emperor was. The boy was the key to the opening of the sarcophagus. The most wrong thing that could have happened and his teachers feared most has been was that the Dark council will entangle the ritual and carry away the key. That happened and Lorian has been abducted from the Earth. Here the story ends where his journey through the Realms of Darkness lengthened up to 2 decades. People from his native place and the empire thought that Lorian has been fighting from the side of light. Here where Lorian met his most challenging period in his life and gained the powers to become immortal. The most people think that he is a myth a fable but Lorian exists and he is the only most powerful force worthy fighting the dark symbol and now he is our keeper.

Appearance: heroic (2.30 meters), bony, muscular and robust;
    Face: Arabic lineament
    Hair: no hair
    Armory and clothing: holy root staff, kilt, hand bandages, round shaped hat, amulet, scroll (the last page of Bible of Light), massive boots;

Last edited by clanlord; August 26th, 2009 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fares

He is one of the best fighters in the elf clans. Fares is truly the master of fighting among the dark side warriors. With his deadly crossbow he fills his enemies with fear. He is known with his accuracy and combat abilities.
    The Narayah syndicate choose special warriors born from a pure race of elves. After their first moments the Narayah priests send them to the Dark Ritual Chamber. From here their tuition begins. Nobody who preaches the Light symbols and the good religion knows what these creatures walk through during the dark ritual. Basically it is written in the Holy Bible Of Light that the pure elves race has been given the task to fill the place in the middle of evil and good. The Dark Side often takes advantage of that and the pure elves race has been suffering from decades. It is the omen of whole world.
    Fares was once upon a time from the good side but know the dark seal has rammed into his heart and mind.

Appearance: slim, muscular, idealistic, wide shoulders, long arms;
    Face: pale, long, long nose, dark eyes with red touch, rough shapes, long ears;
    Hair: long, ginger;
    Armory and clothing: crossbow, leg pads, arm pads, helmet, kilt, belt, bandages:

Last edited by clanlord; August 26th, 2009 at 03:25 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Delamar

Delamar a dark magician capable of sowing destruction into his enemies. He is one of few wizards gained his powers by means of white power. He used the power of the mighty magician Lorian. The dark syndicate helped him to achieve his aim. He became the master of dark forces and the ruler over the deadliest grounds of Narayah. His traditional skills in making magic are joined with his abilities to summon demons from Hell. His religion is unknown for the most of the magic world. After he gained his powers he knew where the amulet of the emperor was. Delamar started his ominous journey to the Tomb of Light. The Dark syndicate wasn’t able to destroy Lorian because the light forces and his parents helped him break the chains of darkness. Delamar knew that and he tried as fast as he could to make his way to the amulet. After extinguishing all of the people in the Near East he made his way up to the Emperor. The world war started long before that. The light forces knew about Delamars’ intentions because of the prophecies that were predicted by the general council in the far West. The strongest, the most skillful, the bravest wizards united and made a special group which presented the forces of balance. They called it Light Balance. A group of three hundred and thirty-three people with special linkage between them. From now on the future of the world depended on their decisions. They allowed Delamar take the amulet. That way Delamars strength would be reduced because of his dark powers. The amulet could only be used by a humanoid that has the light sign in his aura. Delamar has both the good and evil symbols. The council knew that Delamar is capable of holding it and Lorian was alive. The balance is very fragile thing and it needs additional measurements. So all the participants in the council appeared and prevented the present emperor and his army to rush into the tomb while Delamar was taking the amulet. In the same time he was doing the magic that will let him gain the full strength of the symbol. In this case the council would be unable to stop Delamar. He immediately disappeared from the Tomb without leaving a trace. It wasn’t the magic of neither the amulet nor his own as the council thought. It was Lorain’s spell. He has been invisible for hundred years and now he took Delamar into the realm between the Earth and Narayah. The realm in which nothing is everything and no one is everybody. Now Lorian was able to erase his dark replica without losing his powers. This dimension allowed him to have a great advantage against Delamar and he obliterated the past. Delamar has been locked forever in the interstitial dimension.

Appearance: idealistic (1.86meters), elastic;
    Face: pale, deep sockets of the eyes, sharp ears, black lips, pierced eyebrows\ears\nose, no eyebrows, tattooed body and silver touched eyes, earrings;
    Hair: single tress;
    Armory and clothing: pelvis plates, shoulder plates, kilt, boots with metal prickle on the thumb finger, staff formed in the end like an axe, belt;

Last edited by clanlord; August 26th, 2009 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Both for Lorean and Dalamar you've added detail to the background trees which is bringing them into focus and extremely distracting. Either blur it so the detail is lost or reduce the opacity there to make it less obvious and contrasting.

The pixel count is not a precise requirement, only the 2x3 ratio (approximately) is required. That being said if we can fit our stuff on an exact canvas by all means.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Level 1 Angel

Here he is, lush green forest, heavenly blue light, and an arc angel in the making!

Name:  Level-1-Angel-02.jpg
Views: 2173
Size:  54.1 KB

There are so many quests and games out there based on leveling but rarely is the growth of the character actually visible. I've seen WOW and really can't tell the difference between the level 1 guy and the level 60 guy outside of equipment, inventory, and hit points.

I also remember playing the first Final Fantasy back in the 90s and being shocked and amazed when the units physically changed at one point in the game, the Fighter turned into a Knight, the Mage into a Wizard. This was cool, but it would be even cooler if in a game, gradual growth could be observed, maybe nothing drastic level by level, but if you step back 10 levels back you'd definitely be able to tell.

The angelic/demonic units IMO should be the most powerful units in any game. Require that they obtain 3 or 4 times of the experience per level as any other class of unit. Also perhaps these should be made as locked classes, only available after completing the game or after certain quests. It might also be cool to make it accidental, like someone signs up to play a human cleric and spawns as an angel baby instead.

Attributes of angelic units: diverse fighters can be melee or long range
    Angels: absorb holy, immune to dark, specialize in nature magic and healing, weakness fire
    Devils: absorb dark, immune to holy, damaged by standard healing magic, specialize in fire

When fighting each other obviously they'll rely on their specialties and exploit them.

When fighting on teams these units would have area of affect auras such that close by units would inherit the attributes mentioned above but only at 25% effectiveness. Also angelic auras would cause defense and speed on surrounding units to increase, demonic auras would increase strength and speed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

Hoho. The baby is getting cooler than I thought. Your painting is getting better and better.
    I think you are totally right about the babies. You have created them some sort of abilities. Very very original. Are the babies going to be the third characters? If not we will have 1 group of characters more than needed. Which will bring us bonus points, but be careful we must polish some works!
    Sorry but I did not understand you about the trees on the Lorian and Delamar. Are they really distracting?

The Dark Ones

The Light Ones

Last edited by clanlord; August 26th, 2009 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see the edits you've made Clanlord, these are definitely a step in the right direction. Prior to the updates I could see lots of detail in the background textures of the trees for example, this was causing the trees to move forward in the view and taking away some of the illusion of depth. The human eye is naturally drawn to the detail and what we want them to focus on is the actual characters, not the distant environment.

As discussed earlier I'll work on the baby devil next, I'm not sure I can get him done tonight as I have stuff to do, but we will see. The angel went real fast last night. I also have a good idea with what I want the devil baby to look like so it will go quicker as process but we'll see on the detailing and polishing.

I'm waiting for Swordhand to do the brawlers and depending on how they turn out we might use them as a final character. For now our characters will be the elven archers, the spellcasters and the babies.

I've been thinking of going back and making some updates to the good archer, he looks the worst of the bunch right now so maybe it will do him good. However, I'm not sure I'll have time so this may be it. Again, if time does open up, and I actually get a weekend between now and the deadline, I might be able to tackle the brawlers too. I did tell you that I'm not happy with the poses of those characters, also I'm unsure what the weapons are supposed to be. For such heavily armored guys they have some weak looking weapons.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    never painted under lines before.. going a bit slower than expected. sorry I've been so slow guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You guys are poushing yourself admirably, kudos! I like the postapocalyptic feel of your form even though I guess its fantasy.
    I think all of them have to similar poses and bodytypes. Would be cool if you had played around with different compositions and stances for the character types. Now all of them resemble the same type of personality witch leaves you with a concept lacking in depth.
    Hope any of this is helpful and that I dont come of as a duche.
    Cheers guys and Good luck!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    B-Man - Thanks!

Mick you painting is better than mine whoa. I should have said it to you earlier. We are not going to use the evil brawler. And I am not quite sure if we will use brawlers at all. Time wil show. I am now doing different sketches, experimenting with the type of bodies, structures and foreshortening of the limbs which will lead to a different stage in my work. So here is re-design of Wolfsbane. I'll do redesign of Gorge.

Mick I am sure that you''ve gained a lot of experience painting this piece and it is not a lost job at all. Keep up. Ill try to hook up with Nick asap and send him the new variant. If he is up to peinting it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yess! I love this wolfsbane! I so can't wait to paint him even though I'm not supposed to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you guys are pushing yourselves really hard and i think the results are coming out great guys!
    and clanlord
    wont be long before your pencils are messing up everyone!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to trevor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You guys have some really strong work here. Keep up the whoopin' sauce! I'm excited for the final presentation.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to secret_science For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK guys I've been feeling like cr@p all day but I got some work done on the Devil Baby.

Name:  Level-1-Devil-02.jpg
Views: 2419
Size:  63.6 KB

I was aiming for a more painterly feel with this one and frankly the colors came out what I was aiming for. However, I'm unhappy because the figure isn't standing out right now so I'll work on bringing him out a bit. Also I think I'm going to modify the pitchfork.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Babies are done!

OK I think the babies are done now.

What I'd like to do next is work on the final presentation of the characters.

Swordhand feel free to keep painting the new guy too.

Name:  Level-1-Angel-03.jpg
Views: 1763
Size:  110.1 KB Name:  Level-1-Devil-03.jpg
Views: 1698
Size:  129.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

WIP Animations

I decided to make some small animated GIFs, they're so small because they are BABY GIFs!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    trevor - Thank you very much! I really appreciate your comment here in our thread! I am a big fan of your teams work too!
    secret_science - Thank you man! Cheers

NICK THIS BABY IS SCARY! Huh take it easy because that is the way that it should be! Very very good!

My only question is Nick are you going to paint the Brawler?

Last edited by clanlord; August 28th, 2009 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK guys, I'm not going to be able to paint another character because that would mean 2 more paintings and I'm totally burned out. Overall I think we did a good job considering we went in late and really failed at the initial stage. If I could go back to the start of this challenge I would make sure we have clean communication. I've looked around at other threads and it seems we actually did good in this regard.

Also I'm unsure about what other people did but we actually did team drawings. If any other teams did this I missed it. The result is actually pretty impressive.

Here's a quick outline of our characters.

Name:  Doomsday-Dream-Clan.jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  29.5 KB

Clanlord can you work on putting together a final presentation showing all 6 portraits in a strip like this? Check out the Howling Loveboys thread, I think Trevor posted a layout there for their submission.

I'm working on polishing up the paintings I made but there's no telling how much I can do in the next day. After that I'll be real busy at work.

Lets see what tomorrow brings! Only 2 more days before the deadline so lets wrap it up.

One more thing Clanlord, I don't think it is required to crop the images to a precise size. Being in portrait format 3x2 approximately is good enough, Daestwen confirmed this in a PM and in another thread. I'd say stack up the images by height but definitely don't crop too much.

Last edited by Niva.; August 29th, 2009 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Baby briefings!

Nick here are the briefings of the babies. I will try to link up with you asap to consider the presentation. SO here are the briefings they are very humble. Hope to get some ideas from each other and nail some attractive plot to these characters!

Devil Baby Level 1

Most of the bravest and almighty warriors underestimate this small and obviously defenseless creature. But this is only a snare and it might sometimes look to us like a cute bashful baby without a reason to use his small trident. If you have already given you a thought like this so you are WRONG! Some of the fearless fighters have already got bitten by this living Tartarean creature. The devil babies are often a big scourge to the traders who travel a lot through forests at night. Even though they have invented a very cunning ways like small booby traps, clapnets and even some protective spells to catch this small devil it is almost impossible to put it under control. It has the dark gift to steal the good-natured forces from the people with his trident and then the people become very aggressive to each other and soon enough the scandal is raised. With his teleport abilities it can steal things under the nose of everyone who has not the special aura done by magic. It protects the man and the clothing itself. So it is a real plague to meet such a thing on your way if you do not have the magic.

Appearance: small, ugly (when it is irritated or doing something dad), pair of horns, devil tail, fat (but not like a big guy whose belly is full with liquor, it is like a newborn sweet baby)
    Face: round, chubby, small nose and ears, black eyes (become greenish when it wants to stab you),
    Hair: upright forelock;
    Armory and clothing: pampers, trident;

Angel Baby Level 1

Beside his evil copy this is a pure angel from heaven. His weapon is nor for stabbing fighters or merchants nor stealing the peace from people. No it is for collecting the good moments in peoples’ lives. It is a pure love weapon but if something bad is happening at the moment when doing a magic and link two beloved hearts the one who tries to cancel his spell is strictly punished by his fathers’ powers. This creature is always a good friend to the people. The angel baby is not only one. On every side of the world there is baby that help people get two and two together. His ability is very special and he is able teleport itself when it is needed.

Appearance: small (1.00 – 1.20 meters), fluffy, short limbs, small wings;
    Face: full in the face, red cheeks, small nose;
    Hair: upright forelock;
    Armory and clothing: spear, pampers, biberon;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aadfdaskljfsd;

Sorry I haven't posted guys but I've been busy looking at houses and I must work some crazy hours for the next couple weeks.

I did rewrite the story of the elves (the one written by Clanlord above) and also wrote a completely new story for the babies. I was also reading the story of the Spellcaster and there is a problem with this one as written, actually a couple problems: for one the stories are lenghty, too much imo, the bigger problem is that they describe two different characters, even to their height and so fourth. When I glanced through the story earlier it seemed the two characters were closer but they don't appear to be so now.

I'll finish editing and post in a bit. Also I'm going to create a frame for our entries. I was thinking of using 1 frame for each character - such that the good and evil image are shown on the same frame. I also want to keep it very simple and muted, let the images do the talking I say...

Anyways, I'll have updates tonight before I go to sleep. Tomorrow will be very painful for me. The end is almost upon us though guys, I think we did well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Almost Final Submissions

Ok guys, I'm going to showcase the stuff which IMO is almost ready for submission. I made some updates to Dalamar so I undid your updates Clanlord. Maybe you can stick some of that fancy text on there.

I'm also including the story updates I was able to make today. Unfortunately I didn't get around to making the updates for the spellcasters. I'll try to do those tomorrow or the day after. I just got ridiculously busy with the rest of my life so we might have to submit the Spellcaster stuff Clanlord put together above even though it doesn't read too well imo.

ALMOST FINAL Submission:

Name:  Elf-Final.jpg
Views: 2945
Size:  346.6 KB

Elven Archer Arthane (the golden healer)

The legend of the mythical elven archers states that they have the olfaction of wolves, the sight of an eagle and the endurance of a bear. The elves are a humanoid race and have a rigidly structured society which may appear very strange to unaccustomed observers. Usually elves keep to themselves and are not very talkative. The most significant difference between them and the humans is that their strive for perfection is beyond the human comprehension. Also the natural lifespan of the elves is on average three times longer than that of the humans, though tales of thousand year old elves are not so rare. The ultimate task of these creatures is to preserve the balance in nature and they were created by the Gods for this purpose alone.

While elves are not known for fighting great battles in close combat they are very accurate with their handmade bows. If they have a chance to stalk their enemy and sneak up on them they prefer to use their ritualistic knives Majaira (pronounced: Ma-hai-ra). These knives are quenched in poison to which the elves are somewhat immune, but to most enemies even a small scratch from a Majaira will lead to certain death. Disgraced elves also use the Majaira to commit suicide.

The word hunt in the elven language is commonly used to describe art of war and killing an enemy. Their society places great religious importance upon the preparation for hunting. Usually they put three or two feathers of the most beautiful bird called Eol on the top of their bows. They believe that the feathers will give them the strength to execute their tasks with absolute perfection.

The clothing and armor worn by elven archers also has great significance. To knowing observers there are many signs upon an archers outfit which tell about the warrior's place in the social hierarchy and tribe of origin.

Arthane, depicted in the image above is a famous Archer-Healer. While he endured lots of conflict in his life and suffered grievous losses as his family was killed in a war, his soul was saved by the Church of the Holy Sun and he is one of their most famed warriors now.

Appearance: slim, tall, medium width shoulders
    Face: long oval, pale complexion
    Hair: long, blonde
    Armory and clothing: Majaira, long bow, leather vest, leg pads, arm pads, leather belt, bag, leather bandages

Fares – Corrupted Elven Archer

Even before his corruption Fares was one of the best fighters in the elf clans. World renown as a true master of the art of war he was well respected by his fellow hunters. With his deadly magical crossbow he fills his enemies with fear. He is known with his accuracy and close combat abilities, unlike most elves who prefer to fight at a distance Fares has been known to fight on the front lines and is proficient in the use of multiple heavy weapons.

The Narayah Priests noticed Fares due to his heroic feats, singled him out from his fellow warriors and placed a powerful curse upon him. As the curse ate away at Fares' life, his family and his town his soul bled and everything seemed lost. At first Fares turned to the powerful Church of the Holy Sun but the priests there would not help him and could not even remove the curse. Eventually, after promises were made, Fares turned to the Narayah Priests to be healed. The dark ritual to which Fares was subjected altered him forever. Once his tutelage at the Narayah church completed Fares emerged into the elven society and wreaked such havoc from within that the entire Elven Empire collapsed as internal wars wrecked their social and religious order.

Fares was once upon a time from the good side, but know the dark seal has been rammed into his heart, mind and soul.

Appearance: slim, muscular, idealistic, wide shoulders, long arms;
    Face: pale, long, long nose, dark eyes with red touch, rough shapes, long ears;
    Hair: long, ginger;
    Armory and clothing: crossbow, leg pads, arm pads, helmet, kilt, belt, bandages

Name:  Spellcaster-Final.jpg
Views: 2047
Size:  317.0 KB

Brief in progress...

Name:  Baby-Final.jpg
Views: 1550
Size:  241.5 KB

The Omen Twins

In a small fishing town on the bank of the Dunbar river a set of twins were born on a warm eve of the fall season. The two boys were the four and fifth child of a well respected human merchant who ran a small empire of fishing vessels down the Dunbar and into the ocean. However, this story does not have a happy ending, for the babies were extreme opposites of one another and clearly possessed by magic beyond the understanding of the humans inhabiting this town. Word spread like wildfire throughout the town about the babies and in two days riots erupted demanding the children's deaths.

It was not just the appearance of the newborns which incited the riots, but the very apparent magical essence of them. One of the children was born beautiful by human standards except for a pair of white feathered wings upon its back, always smiling and seemingly lit up by a glowing blue light. This baby radiated joy and calm throughout the household. The other child was born mutated, ugly and deformed. The bloodcurdling cries of this baby caused discord and fear to enter into the minds of everyone in the town and was perhaps the main reason for the riots which ensued. The housewife who delivered the baby wanted to destroy the child due to it's hideous appearance, the head of the child was adorned by horns, it had a pair of leathery wings and a wickedly powerful tail. Worst of all was the very anger which radiated from this child, it seemed to affect everyone around in a bad way. Amazingly the town was spared from having to euthanize the children as seven days after the birth, both babies disappeared mysteriously. As soon as the town hall reached the decision to have the children destroyed men were dispatched to carry out the orders. The men who were sent to kill the babies were found slain by magical powers, consumed by flames from the inside or found pinned and suffocated by the roots of trees which had sprung up from the ground in places where there were no trees at all!

The relief of tension in the town after the disappearance of the babies was the calm before the storm. As an all out war erupted which sent the entire countryside into chaos. Rumors from the battle fronts told of the mysterious magical toddlers actually joining the battles and sending entire crowds into frenzied warfare. The stories of heroism and self sacrifice were unbelievable at first, but eventually the tale of the magical twins and their incredible powers spread throughout the world.

Last edited by Niva.; August 29th, 2009 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Spellcasters Briefings

-- Браво майсторе! ---
    Nick you have done a lot in these days. I have never doubted that you have a great talent my friend. This presentation is worthy fighting for one of the first places! I want to thank you that you have developed my initial ideas of the stories and they have turned out great. Hope to be in a same team next time. Because there will be great times I am sure!!! So I hope these stories are not long enough to fit our presentation. I have done a few finishing touches to the final images.

Mick I want to thank to you too because Delamar wasn't going to happen without your ideas and I think even if you hadn't had a chance to give the most of yourself you gave us a chance to create a team and that is important.

I am far from the thought that we are the best. No I think we must learn more and more from our mistakes and seal these moments. No I think some of us are very young and there is a lot of time to create a great knowladge and material to inspire the following offsprings. Here in CA there are very very good and inspiring artists (now I feel like I am so humble in my words because my knowladge in philosophy of art cannot express my feelings) who deserve to win the first prize. And the first prize is not the material benefit or what it needs to be given to the winner but no it must be the moments captured while doing this work and all mistakes that you have learned from during this period of time.

Now I thank to all of you teamates (Mick and Nick) to the people who wrote in our thread no matter how many were they. I am happy and you have done all that, don't be shy because we are doing this because we loved it. That is art.

Lorian

Lorian is the most powerful magician of all times. The mystery of his powers is hidden in the Bible of Light. Mother Nature is his weapon against dark powers. Lorain’s most trustful attendants know that their master comes from the Far East where the mythical powers rule the vast grounds. Lorian is best known for his abilities to take control over all living creatures from small plant beans to enormous animals.
    God endowed him with a great gift after his third year of living. He started controlling the lifeless nature like stones, sand and dust. His parents were the gods of nature – the goddess Nazara and his father Ezra. The people in the village believed that he is truly the keeper of the holy tomb where the emperor was kept for ten decades. The body of the mighty ruler has been buried with an amulet – The Symbol of Light.
    The most skillful masters of magic started teaching him and at the age of ten his baptism in light powers has begun. That was the beginning of his knowledge about the future of all living creatures. In young age he gained powers stronger than his old teachers. Then they sent him to the holy tomb of Light were the emperor was. Lorian was the key to the opening of the sarcophagus. His teacher’s fear was that the Dark Council will entangle the ritual and carry away the key. That happened and Lorian has been abducted from the Earth. Here the story is completely unknown for the world where his journey through the Realms of Darkness lengthened up to 2 decades. The empire thought that he has been fighting from the side of light for his survival. Lorian met his most challenging period in his life. Lorain’s only aim was to become the most powerful force worthy fighting the dark symbol. And he achieved it.

Appearance: heroic (2.30 meters), bony, muscular and robust;
    Face: Arabic lineament;
    Hair: no hair;
    Armory and clothing: holy root staff, kilt, hand bandages, round shaped hat, amulet, scroll collar, massive boots, belt;

Delamar

Delamar a dark magician capable of sowing destruction into his enemies. He is one of the few wizards gained his powers by means of light power. He used the power of the mighty magician Lorian with the help of The Dark Syndicate. He became the master of dark forces and the ruler of the deadliest grounds of Narayah. His traditional skills in making magic are joined with his abilities to summon demons from Hell. After he gained his powers he knew where the amulet of the emperor was because he inherited the prophecy. Delamar started his ominous journey to the Tomb of Light. After extinguishing all of the people in the Near East he made his way up to the Emperor.
    The world war started long before that. The strongest, the most skillful and the bravest wizards united and made a veiled group which presented the forces of balance. They called it Light Balance - a group of 333 people with special linkage between them. From now on the future of the world depended on their decisions.
    The light forces knew about Delamars’ intentions because of the prophecies but they were unable to stop him. The balance is very fragile thing and it needs additional measurements. So all the participants in the council appeared in the Tomb and tried prevent Delamar taking the amulet. In the same time he was doing the magic that will let him gain the full strength of the symbol. He immediately disappeared from the Tomb without leaving a trace. It wasn’t the magic of neither the amulet nor the councils’ members. It was Lorain’s spell. He has been invisible for hundred years and now he took Delamar into the realm between the Earth and Narayah the Dark Grounds. Now Lorian was able to erase his dark replica without losing his powers. This dimension allowed him to have a great advantage against Delamar and he obliterated the past. Delamar has been locked forever in the interstitial dimension.

Appearance: idealistic (1.90 meters), elastic;
    Face: pale, deep eye sockets, sharp ears, black lips, pierced eyebrows\ears\nose, no eyebrows, tattooed body and silver touched eyes, earrings;
    Hair: single tress;
    Armory and clothing: pelvis plates, lizard flake shoulder armor, kilt, boots with metal prickle on the thumb fingers, staff which can be used as an axe, belt;

Cheers and success to all participants!!!

Last edited by clanlord; August 30th, 2009 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello!

Here are the rules about the final entry!

1. One team member will be in charge of submitting the final entry. How the entry is presented will be up to you, but keep it consistent and coherent.
    2. Remember that you will need to submit wips. If you decide to make a group sketchbook for this activity, a link to that will suffice.
    3. Also sumbit a list of Team Activity. I want to see how well you worked as a team - who was in charge of what and what each member did.
    4. All other ChoW rules apply. If you are not familiar with the usual chow rules, please read the guidlines thread sticked at the top of the subforum. Including, 3/4ths rule, no paint-overs, etc.
    5. Please submit files with this naming convention: TeamChow_TeamName_Image001.jpg
    6. Please keep to the format of the image below. We're gonna be a little bit more strict about presentation this time - each portrait should be portrait-aligned, like so, and the figure about as big as the one you see below. Full bodied figures, please.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK guys, only a day and a half to the deadline, my brain is fried today! However, I will work on updating the Spellcaster writeup, trying to tie them more together, and posting this before I crash for the day. Then I can submit the final entry tomorrow.

Please read the stuff I wrote carefully.

Team effort breakdown:
    • Swordhand organized the team - he did the initial groundwork in contacting Clanlord and n1va to get the team started.
    • Swordhand provided the initial sketch fot the Spellcaster concept
    • Clanlord developed the detailed drawings which were used for both elves and spellcaster finished characters
    • Clanlord also provided initial writeups for all 3 characters
    • n1va provided the initial idea for the Level 1 Angel/Devil character
    • n1va Painted all 3 characters
    • Clanlord provided finishing touches to the digital paintings which incuded effects and letters
    • Clanlord provided the symbols of good and evil which were used as a theme throughout all of the character drawings
    • n1va completed the frame design to showcase each character in both good and evil version
    • n1va edited the character descriptions provided by Clanlord and was in charge of making the finished character concepts

Please let me know if I missed anything.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.