The Investigation

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Investigation

Hi there, I made this peice for CGtalk's secret agent competition, comments and critique are more than welcome .

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im not very cood at critiqueing ,but Ill give it a shot. My eyes imeadiatly go to the guy coming in the door. Is he really as tall as the door he's coming in or is the door miniature? There should be a foot maybe above his head unless is he tall. The exit sign needs refernace. Try to find a real exit sign just to help give it some sence of tangible form. not too much detail cause that will draw attention.

The guys mask looks tiny for covering a mans face.. its like a baby mask but he could be alien under that so that could actaully accentualte the erriness if thats what you want. Maybe make it a bit more obvious that is is round cheeked and shiney masklike if so.

Ahhh beer! Good job some refeance could help the foam and reflections ,but it actauly looks pretty good just like it it. The alien enjoying the beer whats he feeling? is he enjoying his beer ..weary after a hard days slaying? Is he pissed at the interuption of the agent. Is he a nice average Joe creature or is he evil buinsess? Somehow even though he is a gaping skull head I dont read evil.. since hes in the forground Id like to see more loving details on him. hairs and wrinkles, shiney teeth etc.
    Then the glowy podlike things on the alien. I like the warm colors but, they seem enviting and cosy. Do you want the bar to be cosy or foreboding? If forboding then I think cooler colors would convey that better.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sleetwealth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks alot for the crit bud, my intention that he already walked through the door and took a few steps in but thanks for pointing that out, I wanted to know what first impression it gives by looking at the painting for the first time.

I will pay more attention to the details on my next painting, thanks a ton .

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.