Art: My recent work. (Contests, freelance, etc.)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My recent work. (Contests, freelance, etc.)

So...PSDTUTS had a contest...I decided to enter...(still waiting on the results)

Anywho, I really need to thank the community because I was reading through threads and saw how it is best to paint in big chunks then woooork my way to detail. This way is so much more rewarding to me!! I never understood how to "work up to detail" I still need practice but man...it takes such a long time. Something else I started doing was using a hard brush to make the final details. Fun fun...I just hate when the hard lines make a hard contrast.

Note, the only line work I used was for the characters and that was just for the gesture of the pose. So perspective is off and what not...I was under tight time restrictions which is no excuse...BFA in illustration and I am running away from perspective...the shame.

Anyway...Let me know what you all think. I may or may not go back to this... not right away anyway. Other projects for clients to finish, but what ever I learn here I will take into future works. =) thanks.

(I have like 5 different layouts of the type and that abused triangle.)

***UPDATE***
    SNES cover is below!! Enjoy

My recent work. (Contests, freelance, etc.)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by infinite 000 RF3; August 8th, 2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Changing title and updating posts.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought editing the post would update time... I dunno why I thought that... Enjoy SNES classic goodness. Mmmm...

I always try to make something cool to go here...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice one, this is pretty badass, man!
    I like the composition, and the way the triangle repeats in the front characters, the buildings and the actual triangle itself.

Monster/robot in the back looks kinda boring, just standing there. Off the top of my head I think it would look cool for him to crawl up on the debris, standing with one leg on top of it or something, make it look like he's closing in on them

The guy in the front comes off as kinda flat, for two reasons, the lightning from the gun is only reflected on his, his outline, and barely reflected on his armor or right arm. Also, the pose itself is kinda flat, makes him look lumpy and short. Why is his left arm skinnier than his right?

The muzzle flares are really cool. Another thing, design wise, covers are usually very colorful and contrasty, to grab your attention, this feels too dark for that purpose.
    The soldiers are too small to make me feel they're some bad dudes kicking ass.

Zooming in and cutting abit of the superfluous air on the sides would give the cover more focus.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love mock ups, and I like how you managed to pull-off the Super NES box. There needs to be more mock-up related stuff on here.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sharee View Post
    Nice one, this is pretty badass, man!
    I like the composition, and the way the triangle repeats in the front characters, the buildings and the actual triangle itself.

Monster/robot in the back looks kinda boring, just standing there. Off the top of my head I think it would look cool for him to crawl up on the debris, standing with one leg on top of it or something, make it look like he's closing in on them

The guy in the front comes off as kinda flat, for two reasons, the lightning from the gun is only reflected on his, his outline, and barely reflected on his armor or right arm. Also, the pose itself is kinda flat, makes him look lumpy and short. Why is his left arm skinnier than his right?

The muzzle flares are really cool. Another thing, design wise, covers are usually very colorful and contrasty, to grab your attention, this feels too dark for that purpose.
    The soldiers are too small to make me feel they're some bad dudes kicking ass.

Zooming in and cutting abit of the superfluous air on the sides would give the cover more focus.
    Oh man thanks! I am going to play around with it some more after all. Thank you bringing up those issues about the piece! I dunno how that happened with the arm. Pose wise happened because I took away the curving of his back.. I should have tried to use my sketch a bit more. I really just blocked in the shape as a whole and started cutting away without reference. I have some ideas for the bot as well.

This is the type of critiques I need thanks!

@FightingSeraph: Hehe I love my SNES...Genesis too, but SNES is what I play on days I am free. I love classic consoles because they bring back memories...childhood ones. Thanks for comment.

I always try to make something cool to go here...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.