Girls who like Girls... Gotta love 'em
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Girls who like Girls... Gotta love 'em

This is a piece I'm working on just to get some more practice with different techniques and stuff. Plus it is the child of all the inspiration from this site as well as related sites. Enjoy, and please let me know what ya think. C&C encouraged

Divine Illustration

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice color, well painted.
    Have you ever "reversed" a drawing? Turn the sketch around and look at it thru a light source? You can do the same thing in Photoshop by reversing the image...it shows all of the proportion errors.
    Your proportions are just ever so slightly off, but otherwise nice piece of work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx Jseuf, I think the proportions were so off because I had to transform the image because the picture was taken on an angle and I didn't realize it at first. I think tomorrow or soon after I'll just scan it in and show more accurate colors and proportions. I think you'll definitely see a difference. Thanx for the feedback.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the face looks amazing. arm and clothing is the only thing i am concerned with, i understand it is still a w.i.p so keep on working on it. I want to see the end result because so far it looks great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking pretty good so far.. you could lose some edges to accentuate the focal point and give more depth of field if you were that way inclined will be interesting to watch develop. please list your materials

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx for the compliment and advice Rohan. My materials are pretty simple. I'm not too picky with what I use.

Paints: Utrech and Rembrandt oil paints. I only have about 12 or 13 colors.

Brushes: Recently I've been getting into using flats. The one flat I use right now is a #6 nylon. Nylon is pretty smooth with enough strength to apply the paint, but is loose enough not to scrape straight through to the canvas. I also use a #3 mixed synthetic Filbert as well as a #12. And for my details I use a #2 sablette Round. I have a bunch of other brushes that I use when needed but these I use most commonly.

Mediums: I pretty much just use my turpenoid to thin my paints. But occasionally I'll aslo use Liquin or Linsead oil.

Surfaces: I go back and forth between canvas and illustration board. But for the most part I use illustration board. I guess because for some of the details, I'd rather have a smooth surface. As for preparing the board I've recently begun using matte medium. It allows me to do my drawing on the board (if I need to) and seal it while still being able to see through it.

I hope you get something out of that. Like I said, I'm not too picky with my materials. As long as I'm able to get the results I want the materials are good enough for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.