PALADIN: Superhero Comic - ASPIRING COMIC BOOK ARTIST NEEDED - ROYALTIES $$$ + 60
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: PALADIN: Superhero Comic - ASPIRING COMIC BOOK ARTIST NEEDED - ROYALTIES $$$ + 60

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb PALADIN: Superhero Comic - ASPIRING COMIC BOOK ARTIST NEEDED - ROYALTIES $$$ + 60

ABOUT ME:

Hi, my name is Eren Zaki and I'm from London, England. Basically, I am hoping to break into the comic book industry in the near future. Obviously, I'm aware that the comic book industry and superhero genre in particular is a very competitive and niche market, where little money is generated in the sales of comics outside of the two publishing giants, Marvel and DC Comics. But I have the determination and passion to see my comic book series published (via a new small press publisher that I recently discovered and hope to submit our comic to). This will also go a long way of giving both of us valuable experience, exposure and published work to show to potential employers in the comic book genre. Also, to receive potential royalties from - for both you the artist and I, however little. I am also offering 60 (British Pounds) up front which I will pay after you've sent me seven pages of the comic. It's not much but I'm aware that creating a piece of artwork is very hard and takes time for an artist to produce, so I don't take an artist's contribution and hard work for granted.
    I have no prior experience in comics whatsoever, just comic scripts typed and saved on my computer, waiting to be drawn.

Two years ago, I came up with a superhero comic series concept and started writing the scripts for it and finished 5 issues worth of comic scripts in three months. However, I didn't have the funds to pay for a freelance artist to draw them (I'm a college student and a part-time worker). A friend of mine told me about this website and told me to post a thread about my comic in the "Non-Paying Job Listings" section and maybe look out for an aspiring artist who is also looking to break into the comic book industry.

Last edited by absz007; December 21st, 2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: No use for this thread at this time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dkljejd epo fjfj ejf jf

Last edited by absz007; December 21st, 2010 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eren, interesting post. I am much the same as you (also based in UK) and have a Graphic Novel script that I am looking to create a team to develop and also looking for small independent publisher to submit to.

I understand if you are not interested, but wondered if you would be open to sharing the name and contact details of the publisher that you have on board in the hopw that I too can approach them with my idea.

If you are open to this, please email me on mmmistry@live.co.uk

Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK. I'll contact you on MSN.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Aspiring artist

Hi, I am a student in gamedesign and I love to draw comics. I am currently drawing a short comic commission through deviantart. You can check out the sketches for that in my gallery at www.timsundt.deviantart.com and you can also check out some of my work on my school journal at www.timsundt.wordpress.com

I would love to do some work for you as I am looking to expand my portfolio and gain experience.

Contact me on timsundt@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you.

Regards Tim Sundt

Members who have read this thread: 8