Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks

Team CHOW II: Team Daemonic Squirrels

Hey there you fine folks, this thread is here to catalogue the progress of:

Rabbi Satan (Me),
    Quikenobi
    and Maeve.

We're a little underwhelming compared to some of the mighty giants that are doing this Team CHOW. But our goal is to improve and push our current artistic limits.

Anyway, here's the ground rules from daestwen:

1. Teams of two MUST create at least 4 portraits, teams of three or four need 6 and teams of five need 8. You are perfectly welcome to create more images that the requirement if you feel your team is up to it.
    2. You must take a random selection of the choices below. Please don't do 4 elven fighters, or only orcs, for example. Please take a randomized selection. If you would prefer me to give your team a specific assignment, I will generate the selection for you. If I see teams doing more select parties, then I will request you to change to something more random.
    3. You must follow the format provided. See it below, please!
    4. You must do a LIGHT and a DARK version for each character, please! This means that for each character you need two portraits.
    5. You must submit a paragraph about each character. Do a short write up for each character you create. I want to see some interesting, stereotype-breaking stuff here, folks!

PLEASE SELECT ONE OF EACH CATEGORY FOR EACH CHARACTER.

Race: Human / Elf / Half-Elf / Dwarf / Orc - (and anything else you can think of!)

Class: Fighter (Barbarians, Knights, Dark Knights, Brawlers, etc) / Thief (Assasins, Rogues, etc)/ Spell Caster (Wizards, Sorcerers, Druids, etc) / Healer (Priest, Cleric, White Mage, Medic, etc) - (feel free to make up something for this, too)

Alignment: Good / Evil (please do both for each character)

YES, THESE LOOK LIKE STEREOTYPES. IT IS YOUR JOB TO BREAK THEM. I want to see some really interesting, kick ass stuff!
    Ok gang, lets start by brainstorming what genre we're doing. As some others have gone for alien humanoids, Victorian era Steampunk, etc etc.

As suggested by looking at another thread, lets post some pictures costumes or stuff that you think is interesting or awesome. And also a collage of imaages for establishing a consistant colour pallete for our creations.

Since there's 3 of us, that's 6 portraits, and also light vs dark. Which would run up to 12. So we've got to work hard!

*Brings out whip* Get Crackin'!

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Portfolio | dA | Facebook |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Here's a genre breaker - High Tech Elven Vikings.

MUTHA FUGGIN HIGH TECH ELVEN VIKINGS!

My ideas are to take a fantasy stereotype (In this case, Elves), mix them in with something in our own world that is diametrically opposite of the stereotype, and add in some high tech equipment.

I've only done vikings, but I'll be researching some high tech add-ons. Which could be night vision goggles, or some kind of Hi Tech Visor that enhances vision. Something like that

Name:  vikinginpiration.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  284.9 KB

Here's another stereotype breaker - How about one of you two research Dwarven Bards and Minstrels? That's a neat idea.

Last edited by Maledict; August 5th, 2009 at 05:41 AM.
    "Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

Thanks
    Weren't we supposed to do only high fantasy level of tech?

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

Thanks
    Hhhmm, didn't see that among the rules, I'll PM daestwen for clarification .

Thanks
    Also, I think that being 3 we only have to make 6 portraits total.. 3 evil, 3 good..

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

Thanks
    I'd go for Female elf fighter (viking is cool), Orc or Ogre wizard and Dwarven Bard..

気計 - Quike

Thanks
    Just to clarify guys, any sort of sci-fi/modern tech is out, its a high fantasy based brief

My Sketchbook
    Team CHOW 2 ALH, Blackcherry, Nimzicki, CKLamb

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nimzicki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys would be willing to accept another member. I'm a fairly experienced pencil artist without a lot of digital painting experience, but I'm really quick to learn and I want to push my skills with this comp.

Luke

Thanks
    Perhaps Sacreti We'll have to discuss with the group.

Anyway, I'm not so good with characters, but here are a few Elven Vikings done in line and mostly value. My characters are ok with just linework, but now I'm trying to move more into value, and then eventually do a character with just that.

Anyhow, here they are:

I'll be doing more Hopefully they improve with each attempt.

Name:  vikingelf.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:  vikingelf2.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  111.3 KB

Name:  vikingelf3.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  101.1 KB

Thanks
    Should I just wait before I do anything then? I've got some ideas for a character that would fit in with your elvish vikings...

Thanks
    Would help if we could see something from your work

気計 - Quike

Thanks
    Ok, here are some sketches on the viking elves and the dwarf bard...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    気計 - Quike

Thanks
    Heya again guys

I did two pictures today, still crap, but an improvement on previous attempts nonetheless. The Drow was done in line, then value. I couldn't get the 2nd, lighter complexioned viking elf female to look good in just value, so I put the linework over everything else.

Nice explorations Quikenobi

Maeve, post some art, I'd like to see some more.

Sacretis: Yeah, as Kenobi said, it would be great to see some of your art first. It doesn't have to be spectacular, just to get an idea of what you can do. For example, I'm not entering this contest to win, but to learn how to work in groups and improve myself.

Anyhow, here's the two female elven vikings. As I said, still crap, but I get better every day.

Name:  vikingelf4.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  81.5 KB

Name:  vikingelf5.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  86.9 KB

Edit: Also, I really like your pencils Kenobi, would love to see more.

Anyway, I'll do some line thumbs of Female Elven Vikings - I'm not that good with value yet, but I am with line.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Maledict For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1