Sketchbook: Z3N's Sketchbook. Level III

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Z3N's Sketchbook. Level III

In the future I'd like to work in the comic books, and games industry; as well as doing freelance illustrating. When I am older and more accomplished, I would also like to open up a comic book store which could also double as my work studio.

My main medium is pencils and I also have a tablet. I've tried using acrylic paints but it has proven to be a difficult field for me.

Could do with Critiques and anything that you feel could make me improve or if you like just flame the work XD

I don't have a scanner so all the images that were done with traditional tools are taken with a camera, so forgive any strange angles.

Thanks.

This is a redo of my previous Sketchbook thread. I had to make a new one because i didn't know about the whole first attachment is the thumbnail.
    All the work in the second post was from Jan till about April/June 2009.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ZenzybaR; February 18th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Current Projects:
    3D CyberPunk Characters W.I.P

Bloghttp://z3nzy-fmp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by aesir
    I fully intend to become rich as fuck through art. How you ask? By being awesome.
    Awesome artists get rich. You guys just don't love art enough to get rich. Maybe if you cared about money more you might have more motivation to get awesome.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

June 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM

Some of my work up until the date stated.

Current Projects:

I fully intend to become rich as fuck through art. How you ask? By being awesome.
    Awesome artists get rich. You guys just don't love art enough to get rich. Maybe if you cared about money more you might have more motivation to get awesome.

Thanks
    Nice work! Keep doing what you're doing and you're sure to improve. I think you should try to follow the forms of whatever it is you're rendering. You've got good stuff here though, keep it up

Thanks

June 14th, 2009

My first time using my tablet and actually getting past changing settings for 20mins then giving up. Thanks to Xo for the advice that helped me to get past that stage.

It was my first time painting or focusing on value so it was new territory for me. I had fun doing these.

It was 1 each day in the order shown.
    On the second i had to stop earlier than wanted because my right eye was super blurry and i couldn't really see when i looked away from my laptop. So i had to stop drawing and reading for that day.
    I actually had to sit and do nothing. I called some dumb chick but fell asleep during her non stop chatter. Good times.

Current Projects:

Thanks

June 14th, 2009

Daily Sketch Group
    Junky flying pizza delivery car.
    1h 45m

My first time creating an auto mobile or a donkey. I referenced then van and looked at pictures of donkeys to try and see how donkey work. It was fun.

Current Projects:

Thanks

June 17th, 2009

Daily sketch group

Scimitar Wielding Mutated Demon

Way too long cause it straight from mind, and i need a lot of practice.
    Couldn't think of a way to mutate them with my level so i sign him up for the X-Men.

Current Projects:

Thanks

June 21st, 2009

Daily Sketchgroup
    THE DRAGON SCULPTOR BRINGS THEM TO LIFE AFTER MODELLING THEM

I read "The dragon sculpture brings them to life after modelling them."
    Then when i was about to start, i remembered "The dragon sculpts and brings them to life after modelling them."

Never Drawn a dragon before, tried to make one up from imagination and referenced the woman.
    People keep calling it Charizard.

Current Projects:

Thanks

June 21st, 2009

This is what i write then:
    "I thought that not doing anything with colour and sticking to grey scale till i was familiar with light would be a good idea, but i couldn't resist giving it a shot.
    I always hated the idea of painting or colouring as a kid for some reason but i love it now.

The first 2 i gave myself 1hr 30mins each and the third i was doing to stay awake, but i feel asleep in the end."

Current Projects:

Thanks

June 25th, 2009

Daily Sketch Group - THE STRANGELY & PROFOUNDLY INFECTED EYE

I thought of having a close up of a guy with something burrowing into his head through his eye socket.

I referenced the man and tried to capture the horror in his face, then put in the whatever it is.

Current Projects:

Thanks

June 27th, 2009

I thought it would be good to make a profile picture for myself.

My original idea was a knight in the same position falling from the sky or something. Then i thought of something like what is there, but with a mask on. I kept getting distracted as usual though and i think i ended up with whats there.

I'm going to make a new one, i don't like it.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Last thing i did in my last sketchbook.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Im breaking up the images i'm inputting from my newest sketchbook. There's like 26 or something so putting them all in one post might be odd.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    2nd part of the stuff from my current sketchbook.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    This is the rest up till now.

I tried watching gymnastics and pausing randomly and trying to draw the gymnast.
    And i tried doing it with the show "Grounded For Life."

I thought that it might help with trying to show motion and expressions.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Nice work! For the digital painting you should start with a large brush with high opacity strokes to lay down the forms, lights and darks. Then use smaller brushes to start blending and make your strokes follow the form.

Thanks
    Getting better and better! Keep it up

Thanks
    Hokey dokie let's do this.

I figured i want to get through watching stuff and drawing at the same time. So i've been pausing while watching things and drawing someone from the frame.

This time it's Grounded for life, and the Gina Carano vs Julia Kedzie match.
    I think i might do more MMA stuff cause it has a lot of motion and weird positions to draw. Plus since i want to get good enough to try and make a short crappy comic in the coming year, drawing people in dynamic poses will be good for losening up my mind from the "posing" of models.
    Might be a stupid idea, or maybe, a stroke of geeeeee-ni-oooous.

I still feel weird to draw with my tablet without the button in the pen. It feels like someone took both arms from my imaginary GF. I can still hug her, but it's just not the same.

Also the first woman i couldn't be bothered with, and the grandpa's eye i was not bothered to fix.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    DSG 1484: Sci-Fi • RACER "BIKE" USES ADVANCED QUANTUM WAVE GRAVITY-RAZOR TECHNOLOGY

1 hour. The first Motor bike type thing ive drawn. I know the second image isn't to scale or proper perspective but Meh.

Basically it sends out a reverse gravity wave that draws the bike forward. Use your imagination. I know the chick is screwed but i spent like 1.5 mins on her.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    What i've done since yesterday.

Last edited by ZenzybaR; August 10th, 2009 at 03:16 AM.
    Current Projects:

Thanks
    Yesterdays work.
    Thought i'd try to do poses and foreshortening from imagination at different angle and whatever.
    I did start a boy on his knees begging but i erased it.
    Not very much.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Wow man! the amount of dedication is far beyond mine! Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodless View Post
    Wow man! the amount of dedication is far beyond mine! Keep up the good work!
    lol, it's funny you say that cause i'm actually quite lazyish. I need to kick it into gear. But thanks, my sketchbook seems to attract nothing but myself .
    lol

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Bridgman studies. The wording is confusing at points because i don't know the latin names for most of the parts, but i'm trying to learn them. I learnt quite a bit about the forearm.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Thank you for your comment on my sketchbook, thought I'd return the favor. I really like your figure studies, you've shown much more progress than I have. I feel a bit stuck.

Thanks

Cat-dragon does furious battle with dog-knight

Started the first one, but a friend told me it looked strange. So i came up with another. It started good but got weird and i cared less so whatever, this is as far as ill take it.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    K, well i haven't posted in over a week but whatever.

10-15 minute value studies.

I haven't been drawing very much, a bad habit of when i get close to the end of a sketchbook. Although i got a new one, and a small one for when i go out so i can draw without pulling a big sketchbook out.

Current Projects:

Thanks

Too Much Mass Effect - Pencils

So i bought Mass Effect and played it straight till completion only breaking to sleep and eat and the result left me feeling like a stranger to my pencil

Pencil stuff i've done. Nothing great and i also feel like i'm going backwards. Any advice anyone?

Current Projects:

Thanks

Too Much Mass Effect - Apple

I saw a thread on digital painting but when i tried i failed immensely it was horrific.

I then tried to do mountain and failed harder. JEEZ.

I don't even know how to proceed, it's so frikkin heartbreaking lol.

Current Projects:

Thanks

College

So i'm in college now doing an art and design course, but the irony is that i went there looking to be taught how to draw better, and instead they've taken all my drawing time from me and we almost never draw.

So i draw during my breaks and for the few hours i have before going to sleep after getting back in from the 2 hour journey to and from college.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    This is my first painting done in acrylic. Not so great but i hardly have any time to do any artwork for myself lately. And since it's my first i don't really mind that it sucks.

Current Projects:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.