Sketchbook: Z3N's Sketchbook. Level III - Page 3
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Z3N's Sketchbook. Level III

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been drawing and i'll upload some more of the stuff on wednesday or maybe thursday when i have the time.

This is just some stuff i did today.
    Just wanted a swordswoman. Spent like 20-30 mins.
    And some weird setting. Didn't think about it really, just put colours down and waited for whatever happened.

I need some focus. Although i've finished the Foundation art course, I've lost the vibrant love and excitement that art used to give me before i entered.
    Guess i just need to get over it. I miss seeing a drawing or painting and having my breath taken away.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Current Projects:
    3D CyberPunk Characters W.I.P

Bloghttp://z3nzy-fmp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by aesir
    I fully intend to become rich as fuck through art. How you ask? By being awesome.
    Awesome artists get rich. You guys just don't love art enough to get rich. Maybe if you cared about money more you might have more motivation to get awesome.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    (Although a little later) here are my latest stuff.

It's mostly just drawings done on the bus of passengers, or drawings done on the bus from imagination.
    The armour chick and young man are a quick sketches of people from our DnD sessions. And everything else just randoms.

I'm a little lost with what to do with myself. I feel a little lost with what to draw and extremely motivated.
    I won't lie that i tried extremely hard to fight it, but the course did sap at my enjoyment of art.
    It shouldn't have, but it did and I guess it was my will being weak.
    So now i just have to try and remember or renew what I really want. And remember that if i fail here i fail for good i guess.

Last edited by ZenzybaR; May 23rd, 2010 at 06:19 PM.
    Current Projects:

I fully intend to become rich as fuck through art. How you ask? By being awesome.
    Awesome artists get rich. You guys just don't love art enough to get rich. Maybe if you cared about money more you might have more motivation to get awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Done yesterday. I'm a little tired of digital right now, and i want to work with physical materials. So this is my second thing done in acrylics, although it's still confusing.
    I used a photo reference.
    I was trying to match colour and stuff rather than do an exact duplicate or anything since I'm still a little muddled on how to even get acrylics to work. They dry so fast, but i saw some thing some guy on the shiftlessbrothers or something made that keeps acrylics for weeks.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kk, i've decided to do a painting a day. I made a W.I.P thread in that area but I thought i might as well post them here since I'll see them in the future.

I decided to do a sort of weird mech boot wearing chick madness.
    I fucked it up in colouring, but i'm thinking about working on it some more.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, still really bad but I learnt some stuff at least, so a little plus.
    Tried using as few primaries as possible = nothing really
    Accidental slight jab instead of stroke = trying different ways of laying the paint = thinking about where i place the next mark rather than just laying it down

And it came out super sucky since i used no references or something from life..

Oh well, practice practice practice.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kk, first two images are thing I did in my sketchbook on Sunday when showing my friend some things. They've come out blurry since I have to take the images with a camera and do levels and all that crap. Pretty much how i've always done it, but it's night now and taking photos under bulb light isn't that great.

The last image contains my silhouettes for the current CHOW.
    I hate that I've never completed one, so this week I'm taking it quite seriously. I know it will suck, but at least it'll give me some idea on how to improve.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kk, i abandoned all the previous thumbnail sketches as they weren't working for me. And i went with this thing.

It was sucking and i decided i'd try the silhouette thing again.
    It's going pretty all right this time and i'm trying to take my time with it.
    Still working.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been working 9 hours straight on this.

Well this is as far as I am at the moment. I removed both arms and focused on making the body more 'somethin' lol. Probably not anatomically correct, but no one can say it's a dude now.

The boots were originally meant to be like Penelo's from FFXII or even near Megaman-ish but it totally flopped or something. I really want to complete it with that sort of design in mind but i may be forced to change.
    The sword is Sol Badguy's

I'm going to work on the shirt and hands and head and i'm thinking fire or electric on her or something.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hokie Dokey. My eyes are burning, I feel messed up, but i'm 50% done-ish.

I'm not even sure if we are allowed to do the portrait. My hopes have been smashed into tiny tiny teeny piece

Oh well.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The love post #63 the most, you have a great observational eye. n_n #69 is pretty good too. Just relax and keep practicing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is the almost complete version of my CHOW entry. Not amazing or anything, but i'm a little happy even though it's nothing like what i wanted.
    I used a reference for the face and got loads of crits for the body.

Velderia:
    Thank you for the comment ^_^_^_^_^_^

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm happy, i learnt quite a bit and made it to the poll. Although i think everyone made it to the poll lol.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there, on to the issue, post #2, image 3, the girl, the eyes are a bit too distant one from another. All at all, nice works, keep up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    work more on gesture

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Andres333: Will do ^_^
    Nenad: Thanks for the crit, although that was done over a year ago lol. I think Feb last year.

Kk, this is stuff i've done in the last 2 days.
    We got:
    posemaniacs
    Some life drawing (sister's nail polish, a spoon, and my thumb; all done wuite poorly lol.)
    Stupid shapes and trying to wrap a line around them
    Perspective
    and a comic book face copy. Terra in the Power Girl comic book.

I'm thinking about copying from comic books a little bit; i'll always state that that is what i've done, but it might help with learning how they do things.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kk.

An bad attempt at a self portrait. I realised some mistakes i made while doing it. I tried fixing it while doing it but i got worse so i thought i'd just stop.

Then some random shapes and drawing of objects around me. There are numerous pages of doodles which i won't bother uploading since they are just randomdoodles.com.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as you do gesture studies take your time, it doesn't have to be 3 minutes per drawing at first. And always feel what the pose is showing, that invisible force along the body

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kk, some sketchbook stuff.
    Tried drawing a weird motorbike kind of thing.
    Posemaniacs at 90secs instead and slower. Trying out Andreas's idea.

Also some digital stuff. First is my previous CHOW idea but i quit that, and the next two are some of the ideas for the current Chow (205.)

The last 3 are what i was going to do. I wants to have Gaia in her natural state, then a state of bondage from technological advancements overpowering peoples sense of nature, and finally our Gaia being a machine goddess.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    KK, well i've been really busy these past 2 weeks but i've been drawing quite a bit.
    I'll be uploading in a couple hours, just need to charge up my camera. ^_^ #not that anyone cares lol.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My people.
    This is two weeks worth of work (forgetting any digital i may have done.)

We have:
    Pose maniacs of both the 90second and 60 second variety.

Hoverbikes for my Dungeons and Dragons Campaign.
    Started with Clouds to get an idea of what goes on and then went on to make my own. But i need to make them more steam-punk to seem more ancient.
    Also a crossbow re-skin. I've put in a version of Projectile weapons which use a natural occurring source of power which is concentrated; this also powers the hoverbikes.

Characters: DnD again. These are characters for my campaign.The girl with glasses (all of them) are an NPC Wizard that has joined the main party named Tabatha Baysden.
    Girl with sign on back (dark skinned girl) was one of the protagonists but she has just become a likely ally. Her name is Hera Bascari.
    Guy (incomplete) was an fair-weather ally now turn NME named Jago.

Some picture referenced images.

And a random composition with a PS3 pad, a small salsa jar, and 3 small cubes.

Now to go back to drawing.

Current Projects:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, work from yesterday up until now.

More characters for my DnD campaign, although none are complete. (From imagination.) I'm beginning to feel more comfortable doing things from mind but I think it would be best to hammer on the life studies.
    I should also try more dynamic poses.
    And i know the last guy is kind of in an effeminate pose, but it was intentional.

Some really poor posemaniacs and hands lol. I should spend more time on them.

Oh well.

Current Projects:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.