Thanks

Question SW:Knights of the Old Republic

Wondering if anyone has played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic? Apparently it's the first RPG Lucasarts game, and I liked it. I especially enjoyed how you could turn your character dark or light side, depending on what he/she said, and I also liked making a custom lightsaber by adding different crystals found from caves or people I had killed.

....Personally, I turned my character to the dark side (what other side is there?), and it was awesome to see her skin decay and eyes turn yellow...I killed half my party, chopped down my Dark Lord apprentice after he betrayed me, dissolved the Republic, and ruled the galaxy along with my Sith army. Huzzah!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm on my 4th planet now (i think) Manaan. Its sooo boring. I loved all the other planets. Its a great game. Its sucks how you can't really fight much on manaan.

Thanks
    Did you kick Carth and Mission's asses? I hated those two. They ruined the game for me, so much so I couldn't get past the first planet.

Thanks
    Do you mean Taris or Dantoonie? I know that Carth is a sensitive, whiney ass baby, but how did he ruin it for you?

Thanks
    played it... very addictive. probably the best rpg i've played. the only honestly annoying thing about it is the running around to places, takes a lot of time.
    i tried to get as many light side points as possible and took zero dark side points, not sure if i even want to play on dark side =/
    i was honestly amazed by some of the visuals, like the first time i saw the the city in manaan. some very nice eyecandy in this game.
    does your party turn to dark side too if you turn into dark side?

Thanks
    Anarchy: The one you start on. Where you first meet carth, mission, the bounty missions, first learn how to play that card game. I saw my friends play it numerous times, but I could never get into it.

Thanks
    Ha ha I rented it and then I downloaded a formula for making a super jedi that also acted as a guide to the game and it was soo awesome cause I had such a powerful character so quickly . It would have been worth buying but im poor

Thanks
    ***Might not want to read this if you haven't beaten the game yet...***

heh...I did the opposite and collected as many Dark Side points possible, and became a Dark Side Master...in the end, since 'Big Z' the wookie had a life debt to me, I told him to kill Mission, but he refused, so I killed them both. Then Carth chickened out when I told him to bow before me, and he ran away like a little weenie. Bastila turned to the Dark Side (due to torturing from Darth Malak), became my apprentice, and we ruled the galaxy together. I was going to kill her, though, because I didn't want her to betray me like Malak did to me. But I needed her Battle Meditation to make my Sith Army crush the Republic...and she did just that as I destroyed Malak.

Thanks
    Where did you get the jedi guide?

Thanks
    ...Anyone know if the Pazaak card game is the same as Sabaac, the game they play in Luke/Han Solo's time?

Thanks
    Sabaac is a Strange mix between poker and Pazaak. There is a detailed account of a game between Han Solo and Lando in the book Star Wars - Dark Apprentice - Volume 2 of the Jedi Academy by Kevin J. Anderson.

*Small Spoilers*
    As for KOTOR I played the game on the light side. I agree with you Anarchy, Manaan is pretty borring... untill you sneak into the sith base and kill everybody. The Swoop bike mini game could have been alot better, same goes for using the turret gun on the Ebon Hawk. I'll probably replay the game but be a sith next time around.

Thanks
    so im confused.. is the game worth buying and playing? yes/no?
    -Deth Jester
    "Live each day like you will die tommorow, and dream like you will live forever..."

Thanks
    Rent it.

Thanks
    I couldn't rent it; I have PC...I didn't have the patience to play the light side. My boyfriend played light side and it took 10 more hours of play time for him to complete the game, because he wanted to finish twice as many quests. I just went through killing people and telling everybody to f*** off/bow before me or face the consequences. It was fun because you can't say stuff like that in real life without getting hit in the nose.

Thanks
    Worth buying.

Cybercyst: Lucasarts published the game... they didn't make it. Bioware, the maker of the Baldur's Gate series (not Dark Alliance) and Neverwinter Nights (ugh...) made KOTOR.

-toasty =)

Thanks
    ahh...good point, Toaster. I think Bioware made another game I have, Icewind Dale II. It's alright, but I like Atari/Troika Games' 'Temple of Elemental Evil' better because each character takes turns fighting based on initiative, just like in a table RPG.

Thanks
    Actually Black Isle made the Icewind Dale series =)
    The Icewind Dale series was based on the engine that Bioware and Black Isle co-developed, but it's orientation is more towards combat rather than story (unlike Baldur's Gate 1-2 which was mostly developed by Bioware and Planescape: Torment which was Blackisle).

Heh... Don't mind me. BlackIsle and Bioware are my favorite companies (well... Black Isle is dead now...) so I know quite a bit about their games.

I havn't played the Temple of Elemental Evil... I heard it was alright... that it had quite a few bugs.

If you like this type of game I suggest you play Baldur's Gate 2 and its expansion. Its my favorite game of all time.

-toasty =)

Thanks
    my roommate got kotor for xbox soon after it was released. good god. the game devours the souls of its victims, er, players. carth got on my nerves fast. his incessant whining was probably the biggest reason my character went dark side. my roommate and i jokingly call carth "captain conscience". and yeah, manaan sucked hardcore.

i enjoyed the side quests and minigames, but after a while the miniquests became rather droll. after seeing my roommate play manaan, i avoided jolee bindo's little quest like the black death. i don't know what it is about the game that makes it tolerable. there are lots of bugs on the xbox version. yeesh, i better stop before i start playing the game again.

Thanks
    baldurs gate rocks.

is their a mac or playstation one (not ps2) version of the Star Wars game out their?
    i am removed