The Art of Composition by El Coro and Jason Manley Closed

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Follows
    Following

The Art of Composition by El Coro and Jason Manley Closed

Coro and I are going to do something special for you all this coming Sunday as he and I join up to cover the single most important aspect of image creation. We will be covering composition for Illustration, Narrative, Fine Art, Storyboarding, Marketing Art and more...

Topics to be covered:

The Principles of Design.
    The Illusion of Space and Improved Image Depth.
    Composition for Visual Storytelling
    Linear Design and Visual Flow
    Tonal Pattern and
    Abstraction
    Mood and Feeling
    A Crash Course in Composition History

We will be covering many aspects of improved image creation which can be utilized regardless of style or industry to better your skills. This is very very practical stuff and you will leave the class with theories and ideas which will immediately improve your work and your awareness of how you create pictures with purpose.

When: This Sunday! 1-5pm CDT
    Where: Right here on ConceptArt.Org (forum coming!)
    Why: Because you want to improve your ability to create believable and deep images containing emotional depth, mood, and content. And because we want to help support CA and it's new technology goals (in progress!!)
    How much? 95 USD. http://www.conceptartstore.com/artofco.html

More info to come!!! I gave a teaser when we did the color theory class and it covered only the most basic part...we are going to cover the entire spectrum of composition, value storytelling, and share ideas which help you have greater emotional impact in your works.

Join us for art, and in depth conversation on Composition. I consider this to be my best class and having Coro there with me, will make it an experience worth hearing and seeing. I have four hours of material prepared and we will be answering all your questions...at least as many as we possibly can!!

Hope you all will enjoy the class. I had planned on running it as a download but it is a topic that I have realized is much better served when I can answer technical questions and share the info with you all. Coro and I have been studying composition since the mid 90's and there is a TON of info which will be given to you.

Can't wait to see you all. Really. The questions so far have really pushed me to better communicate these ideas which have been refined down to the very core of what it takes to be successful in image making. Coro's knowledge of image creation and process is top notch.

As usual, with these courses, CA's proceeds are going to the suport the continued building of all the new technology for you all to enjoy. Thank you so much for the support...We will do all we can to help around

Really. thank you. Just got working with Jackie Oh and Randis on some new layouts for the site and the features list is thick and really the whole thing is beginning to lo looking thick. Going to keep at it til it is all done!!

Jason

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Last edited by Jason Manley; August 7th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does this mean there isn't gonna be the downloadable content on composition?
    I can't seem to find that thread anymore either.

This sounds pretty interesting though.

EDIT: opps nevermind just read Jason's post over again heheh
    EDIT 2: Jason is there a minimum recommended bandwidth speed to stream the lessons smoothly?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ohhh c'moooonnn my bank is gonna be dry soon

but its fucking worth it

dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pitty im gone for the weekend. But I might just pay for the on demand, but will it have the entire class? Or will the beginning be missing like on the colourclass? (btw, that wasn't in a negative tone. Just wondering)

Btw, what is this 30days I'm hearing about. Does the on demand only last 30 days? SNAPP I better watch both the last classes once more to get it in reaaaaal good

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually prefer this to a download (Not to say a download would be sweet), having the chance to interact with Jason and ask questions as well as clarifications is immensively valuable-

I will definately be there on sunday.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Oh nooo. Your Sunday is our Monday any chance of bumping it back bit for the southern hemisphere?

Everyone knows sleep gives you cancer....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If we need to, we will run it twice...will see how the interest is.

Thanks for the comments. The colour theory should not have a missing part. I will discuss with Davi and get that resolved. Since there are some issues with the first two classes due to the switch over to the new ten channel plan, we will keep the course up another few days. Thanks for letting me know. If anyone has further issues please reach me directly via PM.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am going to be taking questions from those who cannot make the class until it hits on demand. I will make a thread for those folks so they can get all their questions answered. cool?

I am going to make an additional recording of those questions to add to the on demand library. I think that should help too.

Doing all I can. Trying my best...still working out the kinks but it is all coming together.

Jason

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sucks that the download won't be happening... I would have saved my money from the last class for this if I'd known about it. Is there any chance of getting notice of topics a few classes in advance so we can budget for the ones we really want?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am probably gonna start eating air and looking like a panda very soon *LOL* but well worth it!

Dreams are made of blood, sweat and imagination.

MY SKETCH BOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Jason... would it be possible to offer these at lower prices with a one-time-only viewing option?
    I understand you've got costs to cover, but purely from my perspective I'll be going bankrupt!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Although I would've loved a cheaper option I'll say I'm still super excited about this, I've been looking forward to it. I definitely thought that the color class was well worth the money despite some hiccups with the technology.
    I'm in agreement with the thought that eventually it'd be nice if there was a schedule of upcoming classes so people could save up and prioritize. I know you guys are getting things worked out, so I'm not complaining, just thought I'd raise my virtual hand in agreement with that sentiment.

Anyway, thanks again for all the work you do, it's much appreciated. : D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Queue lazy writing skills,

Guys i've spent $200 on downloads and now $200 on classes. a few downloads i would get my money back on if i could and needed the money enough, but these lessons are worth everything and more.

in fact i feel asif im betraying myself writing this, the less people who know this info the better, because really, no one knows it like jason

dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    At the edge of my seat waiting for this one. As long as I have money in the bank I will keep coming back!

Fantastic to have both of you this time. Gonna be one to remember.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay.. said i was going to do the other classes live and i didnt have the chance-but i am very sure this is a green light!! yeah!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the idea of having a download that I can rewatch at any time, but I'll give the live class a spin this Sunday

edit: could anyone remind me where the live stream test link was?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Blake View Post
    Oh nooo. Your Sunday is our Monday any chance of bumping it back bit for the southern hemisphere?
    I actually can make this class due to this. not saying everyone would feel this way but im enjoying that the change allows for me to participate.
    The class time table for where i am is 2am to 6am Monday 10th of August 2009-dont have a problem there either really.

looking forward to discovering and learning.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 753 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does the code you get work on more than one computer? Just because I tend to live in two different places, with two different connections and different computers avaliable to use them. I'm really not sure about the wi-fi connection which would be Sunday night (as it's 6PM-11PM here), and I would like to be able to check stuff on the wired in broadband later in the week.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Saturday or Sunday?

I'm confused. The Facebook message I got says Saturday, but the post for this thread says Sunday...I don't want to miss it, so could you clarify Jason?

Thanks ^_^

The Only Way Out, Is Through.

Sketchbook Journeys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something that Liffey mentioned that I agree would be helpful - if we could get the topics of a few classes in advance. Having just paid my tax bill, I'm kinda broke this month, and it'd be good to be able to pick which seminars were of the most value to me, as I'm pretty sure I can't afford them all.

I know Jason and co are just in the early stages of figuring this out though, so I appreciate this might not be possible yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_diecast View Post
    Something that Liffey mentioned that I agree would be helpful - if we could get the topics of a few classes in advance. Having just paid my tax bill, I'm kinda broke this month, and it'd be good to be able to pick which seminars were of the most value to me, as I'm pretty sure I can't afford them all.

I know Jason and co are just in the early stages of figuring this out though, so I appreciate this might not be possible yet.
    Definitely agree... A week's notice isn't enough for some of us to pull together $100 by a long shot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really pooped about this, the live class won't be doable for me and I was checking back everyday for news on this download

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was hoping for a download too. Have been refreshing the download section a lot and when it disappeared from there I was really bummed. Don't mind streaming really but it is the time that might be difficult

Will it be possible to pay to stream in all it's entirety at a later date?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Download please :(
    There's no way I'll be able to watch it streaming, we're 12 hours ahead of the States because of timezone, pretty much the same for most of Europe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The reality is my comp download vid files were corrupted and we have been unable to get it to render out due to problems caused by both a bug with mac/adobe and a full operating system failure that we first thought was a hardware failure. I have spent four weeks on that video, days, nights, weekends. The only way for me to do it again at this point is to completely start from scratch. I wanted that vid out weeks ago...but I am stuck here...we have tried rendering in small bits, we have tried reediting and rendering...both the source files and the project were damaged and so the option for me at this point is to teach it live...and to do so in a way that is better than what I had to offer with the download.

My way of helping make up for that was adding coro to the mix so we can include another extremely experienced viewpoint and provide even more information than I would have been able to on my own. The both of us doing this together is valuable and offers improvement to the program.

As said, if I had my way it would have already been out. I would not have said it was out unless I believed it was going to work out. I announced when we started rendering the final, as always, and then got hit with the problems and that in turn led to thinking it was solved and then more software/hardware/file issues. It is a loss to me, in time, in effort, and financially. I would have had another download out which would help this community and now I do not. I had to pay to get it made too. It is a loss. The best I can do is to make up for it with a better program than I had before...and this class is going to be exactly that.

Jason

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 753 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for explaining, Jason. Bummer to hear about all that, but good luck with the class. I can't scrounge up the money to do this one, but maybe another time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd honestly be glad to pay the 90 bucks, even if only to view this live session. It's just a matter of timing. I wonder why THIS class couldn't be provided to view as a download at a later time? I understand that you must have your reasons, Jason, I am just curious.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for explaining Jason, unfortunately this mean I wont be able to get this (very important) knowledge. I do not have 95 bucks to spare. I know people scream at that with the notion: if you wish to improve you CAN spend the cash, but the reality is that 20, maybe even 50 bucks I could have spent, but 95 means my children do not have food...

So I am hoping that there will be an alternative along the road- alternatively that I will get lucky and be able to save up for a future class..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CA editors are already working hard on the next round of downloads including Andrew Jones Fine Art part two, Donato Giancola's, and another Zhanglu.

Right now CA does not have the editing bandwidth, and I do not have another week to re-record...it is either I do it streaming style or the other option is to not do it at all, given the circumstances...the latter would put it in the back of the download line that is already in production...which means another year out before it can be taught The goal is to take what I have and to add coro and all his considerable skills and knowledge to the mix. This will be a better course because of that.

I have taken the liberty of cleaning up this thread. Please, keep the discussion on the class. I am hopeful for the understanding. If you want to send me a PM on your questions, I will try to answer them.

Regarding the schedule..yes we are looking at that now...expect there will be great demos and lectures, live, every weekend for the next few months. We have much to do.

Best,

Jason

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 18