Follows
    Following
    What time it would be in Sri Lanka..?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    With this you“ll know what“s the time in Austin:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=24

So, if you know the time in Austin, you“ll just have to calculate the difference with your local area.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ready and waiting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmed View Post
    ready and waiting!
    Same.

Composition is my least taught subject in art as everyone tends to just go "WELL, GOOD COMPOSITION IS SOMETHING YOU JUST FEEL..." or something incredibly formulaic that I can't seem to apply correctly. I'm banking 100 dollars that my dark ages of bad compositions will end (or at least be alleviated), as I did for colour theory.

See you Sunday!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just got my golden ticket! looking forward to the class.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    purchased. I have high hopes been waiting for this ever since I saw the thing about the download version.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would love to pay for this class, and I would have loved to pay for the color theory class, but I have been booked for the past several weekends and will be for several weekends to come. I am definitely interested in partaking of any on-demand streaming options that may arise, thanks for all your efforts!

portfolio: www.viradical.com

'Now you can find the others, you don’t have to stick a flower in your hair and go to San Francisco. You just go to the Web. Find the others. We all need to create affinity groups which are subsets of the much larger community that we’re part of. And then, using this technology, which was designed to keep track of us, to pick our pockets, and to sell us junk we don’t want, use this technology to produce art. Massive amounts of subversive art.'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LostFayth View Post
    I think if you're able to hit at least 4.5 MB/s, you should be fine.
    Thanks. I've got .67 mb/s download, and that's the fastest available in my area.

Oh well - guess I'll be hanging on to $300.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    I am at about 2mb/s and I was fine. Very smooth and no hiccups. When people were moaning about problems I was alright.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just paid for the class, can“t wait!

SSG: Knarf - BRINKMAN! - crabbyclem - eminkey2003 - Mumph

"Failure is an option, fear is not."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry I can't make this one. $95. back to back is rough for the wallet right now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, these OL workshops have a vary bad way of sneaking up on me and my empty bank account. Will DVDs be printed or do I only have 30 days to log on?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright, just bought this, really excited

stupid saturday, getting in the way of today and sunday

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This will be available for 30 days afterwards, right? I have class until 2:30 PM, but if I pay for it, will I be able to watch the whole thing when I get home/later at a time of my choosing?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm like a lot of the others in that I have to work the weekends and won't be able to watch it live. If on demand is available or will be available where would I go to find it? That goes for the color theory class as well. Definitely something I'd love to see.

Thanks Jason for doing all this! Good information and I love ways to support the site!

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my speedtest.net result is only 1.64 (asia's average 4.2, global average 5.47), but from the free preview live class (i think it was for composition) that i've attended from jason, it was acceptable, save maybe a few seconds of lag in every 10 to 15 minutes interval. but nothing that you cant fill in the blanks with if you've been following the rational, logic or strain of thoughts of the "lecturer", so i guess there's no stopping you (no tech excuse) if you internet connection is not working at the preferred 4!

edit: for vista user outside of the states, can add an additional clock using the gadget menu and find central time or CDT time zone!

edit1: for cash strap members, what about the idea of pooling? 2 to 3 guys getting together at a local cafe that offer wifi?? not sure if this is allow considering the spirit of the course seems to be getting financial support for the CA site while advocating a more accessible and widespread sharing of art experience and info? the idea is sharing, hope i'm not giving ideas for someone to put up a class and "extort" out of jason and CA's effort... damn! the boon and curse of technology.

Last edited by zenichi; August 7th, 2009 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just got my ticket to the rodeo! I haven't missed one yet and I don't plan on it. Thank god for the GI Bill. Jason are you guys planning on doing technical skill lectures? I would really like to see one on perspective.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man I'm on the fence about this one.
    I really wanna attend cause my composition sucks...but $95 is a lot of money and I'm not sure if my connection will stream it smoothly...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I swear I'm never going to catch any of these classes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kvanzant View Post
    Just got my ticket to the rodeo! I haven't missed one yet and I don't plan on it. Thank god for the GI Bill. Jason are you guys planning on doing technical skill lectures? I would really like to see one on perspective.
    You should check out the Carl Dobsky downloads.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    Go to livestream.com and click around on the videos...if you click the ones that stream about livestreams service those are in HD and will show u what to expect. I run a bit smaller than HD to help be sure we keep it running smoothly but that should show u.

j
    Do you mean the ones that are in this link? http://www.livestream.com/procaster/video

I'm living in Japan, but I'm in vacations so no problem waking up at 2AM, just worried about the smoothness of streaming...

There isn't a possibility of upload a small test video from CA so everyone can test the connection?

PS: Sorry for the bad english, still learning

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy noooo

This is depressing. I have that day off but my paycheck is going to: Rent, Car insurance, Cell phone, phone/internet/tv, PUD, gas to get to work, and food. so Ill have like $20 left over. :/

so now I cant do this. Do you guys make this available to purchase the video in the future. If not I just might cry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    will it be too late to pay for this tomorrow? I'll be out most of sunday, but I might be home about an hour before it starts and if I am I would love to sign up for this.

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,573 Times in 2,182 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nope...u can still cover tuition all the way until class time...and after actually as the video will be up for 30 days.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Live classes will not be sold as downloads. They are raw and unedited and the straight dope. I prefer to not risk them to the main stream torrents I am neck deep in the new technology upgrades and the online school, so I can't take the time right now even though I want to. The school schedule is more important than my download.

Regarding the not having the money...95 bucks? If you want it you will get it. It pissed me off to no end to be told that if I couldnt afford art school I didn't deserve it. I felt like art had been hijacked by the rich. That education cost me over 100k usd. 95 bucks I could do. 100k I couldn't. If you really want it you will find a way. Your path will be far easier than mine...that much I can guarantee. The next-gen atelier already proves that..as do the other things we have here for teaching and helping.

The reason these downloads and classes are cheap is because we did not think anyone should have to spend 100k to learn art....(ca's prices for educational content are still of the cheapest out there and most of what we can offer can't be found elsewhere as it is here). We will not be giving up on the downloads. We purposely priced these downloads cheap. The live classes are no different in that motivation.

So I hope you can make it.

I think that

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These lessons are a great idea.

I'd prefer to watch this live, and I am ready to pay right now, espacially this on on composition, it's the thing I have the most interest in right now, the only problem is that the time it's on I have to catch some Z's because 3 hours later it's work time for us here. Wouldn't a Saturday to Sunday thing be more convenient for most people?

In any case, damn mondays, I really wanted to attend this particular lecture.

Last edited by Line; August 8th, 2009 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wondering..... I bought this this morning with paypal, but I didn't get an entry code like I did with last weeks class, should I be worried? Is there someone specific I need to be asking about this? I emailed the shop people, but I'm not sure if they would be getting emails at the weekend. :op

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Poker View Post
    Just wondering..... I bought this this morning with paypal, but I didn't get an entry code like I did with last weeks class, should I be worried? Is there someone specific I need to be asking about this? I emailed the shop people, but I'm not sure if they would be getting emails at the weekend. :op
    Quote Originally Posted by On the download page
    If you do not get your password please follow these steps after checking your spam box and checking the .txt file with your confirmation email:

1. After you pay and get your order confirmation, you need to click the link to check the status, and then scroll to the bottom.
    2. There is a box to enter your "Card or Account Number" that you used to pay for the class. Enter your card or account number info and click "Apply". ***NOTE: If you paid with Paypal rather than a credit card, then it asks you for your E-mail address instead.***
    3. When the page reloads after clicking apply, there will be a blue "Download" button that appears under the class name (in the top right "Your Order" box of your order's summary).
    4. Click the download button to get the password for the class.
    That should do it.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to LostFayth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    nope...u can still cover tuition all the way until class time...and after actually as the video will be up for 30 days.
    awesome, can't wait til tomorrow then

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks you guys! About to get going on some things with Coro. Looking forward to tomorrow!

J

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 19