The Art of Composition by El Coro and Jason Manley Closed - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,140 Times in 2,687 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh and if you cannot afford it now, it may run again toward the end of the year, but will be up for another month after the live stream, so I can answer questions.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive_minD View Post
    Pitty im gone for the weekend. But I might just pay for the on demand, but will it have the entire class? Or will the beginning be missing like on the colourclass? (btw, that wasn't in a negative tone. Just wondering)

Btw, what is this 30days I'm hearing about. Does the on demand only last 30 days? SNAPP I better watch both the last classes once more to get it in reaaaaal good

Thanks for letting me know it was missing. Thanks to Davi for helping solve it.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn you guys. Why do you have to make such classes that are so hard to resist. I'm going to get bankrupt if I keep on doing this, but I can't help it! I'M IN!

Looking forward to hearing el coro and el presidente speak together. If it's better then the color theory (like you said) it's more then well worth the money and skipping a few hours of sleep.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good to know that it might run again. I'd hate to miss this as I'm not sure whether i have the money to spend right now.
    And I agree that it would be better if we get advance notice of the course that will be coming. Something like a schedule will be nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to throw in an opinion here. Drawing is a rather affordable thing to do if you compare it to being in a band, recording music, tuning cars, riding horses or traveling the world. I don't know how often i've heard people complain about the cost of a lifedrawing class. If you're serious about your art, put away extra money. I don't make much, but when i do, i make sure to keep an overhead to spend on art materials and courses. If you, like me, miss this opportunity, take it as a reminder of one of the most overlooked ways of improving your art ... being able to afford it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    schedule is coming...working on it with Melissa Lee and the crew. Some great ones are coming up over the next couple months. Expect to see at least one, if not two, courses per weekend for the rest of this month.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for explaining, and again sharing this knowledge. I will be attending, albeit I had to explain to my wife how important composition is. XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright! I think I'm gonna do this one. Been on vacation the last couple of weekends, missed out on the first two. (Would really love to get a hold of that color theory class, though, I'm definitely in need of it)

Thanks for doing this Jason.

My Sketchbook :: Phantasmagoria
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Illustration Portfolio :: jasonsnair.carbonmade.com
    Design Portfolio :: jasonsnairdesign.carbonmade.com
    My Blog -- Feed Me Toast!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK OK... despite my whining and complaining, I've managed to cut enough from my monthly budget to afford this, I think. I'm in. Damn you, Jason. Ramen and PB&J for the next month. woohoo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question

Are we able to pay for the composition class yet? I want to make sure I didn't miss the link to the shop to pay for it.

The Only Way Out, Is Through.

Sketchbook Journeys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

15. The Following User Says Thank You to donm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stupid question... for those who were offered free vids during the Color Theory class due to the late start, any chance for a discount on this class? I hate to ask, just wondering...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there anyway to find out if the class will run well on my internet connection? i am aware there was a test version prior to the colour theory and Australian reveiws of the connection were not too stellar- that could have been, i supose during the playback though.

My parents are concerned that the streaming will cut out and not work, i would need them assurred before i can participate in the class.

I myself am confident it will work well enough.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gerbil Fetus Run a speed test to New York, US. Link

If I am right the server of Livestream should be located there.

If your download is good enough, the live stream should work just fine. I have a 6.06MB/s download now, with a lot of other internet stuff open. I think if you're able to hit at least 4.5 MB/s, you should be fine.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LostFayth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr. Manley, is it possible for the list of future topics be posted before Sunday's composition class? In all likelihood, I can only afford one more of these sessions before having to pool money for something else and I want to make sure there isn't something even more appealing than this upcoming one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i might be dense, but is there a link up that i missed for signing up and paying for this class yet? cant seem to locate it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks you all!!!

We are working on the lists of future projects. It will be a few more weeks until we have them all in place. I think we will announce each months courses one month at a time to be sure we are accurate.

See you sunday!!

Jason

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason Manley> Thanks for these. I'll probably get this one as well.

I would be very, very pleased if these streaming videos were available to us for more than just one month after they are broadcast. How about making these downloadable, or available for 6 months, or forever? I will hate to lose all that information in just 30 days

Pretty please?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry if i miss earlier posts, "attended" the composition live stream (sort of by luck or accident when i stumble upon jason's facebook notice) two weeks ago, please correct me if i'm wrong, if i make payment for this coming composition class, i can come back and revisit the recordings for a month? just in case i couldnt secure a decent internet connect on sunday, or rather monday morning over this part of the world... thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ugh, hope you do these more often; been horrible timing for me so far

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Art of Composition streaming class is now available for purchase!
    The link is below:
    http://www.conceptartstore.com/artofco.html

See you this Sunday and happy learning!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LostFayth View Post
    Gerbil Fetus Run a speed test to New York, US. Link

If I am right the server of Livestream should be located there.

If your download is good enough, the live stream should work just fine. I have a 6.06MB/s download now, with a lot of other internet stuff open. I think if you're able to hit at least 4.5 MB/s, you should be fine.
    The link you provided showed that i had a download speed of 1.21mb/s and a ping of 323 ms, i am not entirely sure what that means exactly but it does seem short of your estimation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    schedule is coming...working on it with Melissa Lee and the crew. Some great ones are coming up over the next couple months. Expect to see at least one, if not two, courses per weekend for the rest of this month.
    Damn! Good thing I'm back in fulltime employment as of Monday! Looking forward to seeing what's coming up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shit, I'll not be able to afford it this time.... and next time...
    Oh well

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    All I say about these live streams is it brings live workshops you would probably watch at events like Reverie to those who wouldn't have a dream to watch. I live a few thousand miles away from these places and would cost me over a grand to go to these. I'm having a great bargain watching these live streams. Sure the atmosphere and chance to meet potential employers is not there, but the chance to meet other artists and the chance to watch it again via the forums is. And the info shared is mind blowing. Beats any downloads. I'm glad this was made live stream.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil Fetus View Post
    The link you provided showed that i had a download speed of 1.21mb/s and a ping of 323 ms, i am not entirely sure what that means exactly but it does seem short of your estimation.

Go to livestream.com and click around on the videos...if you click the ones that stream about livestreams service those are in HD and will show u what to expect. I run a bit smaller than HD to help be sure we keep it running smoothly but that should show u.

j

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, I know that you are trying to raise funds for CA through the live lectures. But i think you should slow down. call me selfish or anything, but i don't think everybody here ( including me) can afford to spend 95 dollars per week.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Perfect! At first I thought 'whoa, expensive', especially since I've just come back from vacation. But then again, hell, I pay a lot more for college and I wouldn't even dream of them touching this stuff in class, let alone as in-depth as I expect this to be. I haven't gotten any of the downloads so far, since I considered many of them a bit too 'specific', at least for someone in my stage of learning, but this is possibly the single most important fundamental for any visual artist. Fortunately, time and finances are on my side, so this promises to be a great opportunity. See you on Sunday!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Jason,

These look to be great. I probably missed this and apologize in advance for the question if it's been dealt with already...

Are you planning to convert these live sessions into downloadable versions at some point? I cannot watch this live but am very interested to purchase a DL version I can watch/rewatch.

Thanks for all you and the crew do for our art community.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I missed the color theory class :(

Is there a way for me to buy the file?
    I imagine your not going to do it again anytime soon.I just didn't have the money then.
    Like someone mentioned earlier, I think it would be great if these are posted sooner.I sadly can't afford the 95 bucks a pop as much as I want to attend them all.I really think they're all beneficial.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14