Team Chow II: Team Baguette - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    condensed ideas

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    btw awesome sketches for the warpriest
    i like:

head: 1 or 4
    torso: 2 or 4
    arms: 4 and 2
    legs: 1

you guys are cranking! My apologies again for being temporarily off the grid. But I did get some mountain air so im feeling quite refreshed and ready to rock and roll. Heres some for the warrior preist. Also i know that team thundercats has gone down the animal inspired/hybrid characters... so i think we should be careful how much we go down that route.....

Vorace: funny that even though you said you may not have that much time to put into the team chow when we first got started: YOU are AS EVER A MACHINE! beautiful work brosef!

and Ronald: awesome contributions as well.

Ive got to put some elbow grease in this as you both are putting me to shame.

Last edited by smokenmirrors; August 10th, 2009 at 09:29 PM.

and some female mage action.... next stage a bit of what Vorace has been doing so beautifully with the details and fully fleshed out bidness....

hehe cool stuff guys!
    I suggest we choose this friday (14th) as a deadline for a final concept for the good version of the mage and the warpriest. It will give us 2 weeks to do the final 6 portraits. By working in a good collaborative work, im sure we could do it.

Dont be afraid to say wich concept you think is good and wich is not!

Interesting silouhettes Smokken, I especially like the priest's weapon and the 3 mage silouhette. Nice stuff Ronald too! This serpent tongue could be a killer idea for the evil version!

I think as long as our character are not half-animal half human, but rather human (or elf whatever) with animal related accessories, we will be different enough of super team thundercats.

I did some head/upper body design for the mage, will scan them after job later. Will try to do some more concepts for the characters tonight.
    Also, even if the concepts are not finals, we could start to search for interesting poses for the portraits. Something dynamic but clear enough to see a good part of the design.

Come on guys, I want to see over 9000 concepts ideas till friday !!! yes we can! haha

needs moar buttflaps. lovin the work guys.

hehe thx!

some sketches for the mage-reptile-kick-ass-fighter-sexy-whatever girl

some war priest takes... working on some digi follow ups now.. but the look I was envisioning was a take off Vorace's concepts, but perhaps adding some more elements that make him more "preist" .... ie: MONOCLE! hmm.... scholar warrior!?

hey doods, just wanted to throw in some words that might help / show my appreciation ect

vorace: You've got a recognizable sense of giving your characters unique designs really enjoyable to look at your drawings!

smokenmirrow: this last batch is really impressive! especially with the last one I love the strong facial expression and the way you captured kind of an personality within him

ronaldliu: try to focus a bit more on the anatomy, I know those are just sketches but it helps to sell the concept!

really an honor ro compete with you 3 guys!

keep it up!

AW

Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; August 11th, 2009 at 09:29 PM.

why thankyou Mr. Wilkins! right back at ya!

heres a the priest a bit more developed....

Adrian Wilkins: true, thanks

Nice smoken!

looking good, lookin good!

heres a pass at the mage with some cues taken from the both of my baguette brosefs... feel like I can push the "reptile" influence a bit more.... more to come....

nice stuff guys!!

thanks Adrian!

Smokken, the monocle is a good idea, It gives a more ''wise/scholar'' look mixed with the more wild outfit. I like a lot your second pencil sketch, it gives the impression of a big mane, like a fierce lion

Ronald, nice stuff too, her belly armor (first sketch) and left leg (second setkch) are really nice. I like the reptile feet they project.

Maybe the character need a stronger silouhette. the stuff hanging from her hair (Smokken's last digi) could be bigger or longer, with magic talismans instead of just animal teeth ? I like also the stuff going from her body to her arm !
    Im not sure I will have the time to draw something today, but tomorrow I'll go crazy and try to help more!

EDIT : Added a sketch I did yesterday. not really interesting, except maybe the beard and the shoulder (but meh, I added horn and it doesnt look like a feline or even a wolf plating.. haha bad idea)

Last edited by Vorace; August 12th, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

a little sketching

hey guys!!

Another iteration of the warpriest, based on Ronald's comments and mixed with the new kick ass sketching by Smokken

Also did a mix of what I thought was our beast ideas for the warlock-mage-sexy girl. What do you think?

Since we are approaching more and more a final design for these 2 characters, I'll start sketching to find a good composition idea for the portraits.

Feel free to modify the concepts if you think you can improve it!!

Vorace, can I have your brain?

Kickass thread, guys... GO GO GO!!!

Very nice vorace, we should start organizing the rest of the work now that we have the designs defined.

EDIT: So now we can start working on the good characters!

Vorace = elf ranger
    Me = mage/warlock
    Smoken = priest

just randomly assigned, if you guys wanna change i don't mind

so the first to do now is to come up with an interesting pose and a good composition

Last edited by xinranliu; August 13th, 2009 at 11:54 PM.

thanks Jessi!!

Ok guys. Maybe we could now each start a portrait. I suggest Ronald on the Mage and Smokken on the priest (i'll do the ranger-elf). We need to find interesting poses for the mage and the priest because right now they are good to show the concept, but rather weak considering dynamism etc.
    Maybe when someone as worked a lot on his starting image, he can just put in on a ftp or send it to the other via email. This way it will be true collab, ton of fun hehe! Also it can help if, for example, I know I am not able to work on it for the next days for some reason the 2 others can continue it anyway. I hope im clear uh

everything sound nice and saavy... but if I may add: i think before we each start on the portrait outright, that perhaps we do a bunch of small thumbs for the poses, and then collectively choose the strongest. Ie: i might do several for the elf/ranger, war preist and even a few for the fem mage. Everyone does a couple, really rough and quick. WE choose the strongest and from there the details and fine tuning can be more indepently carried by our individual team members, till its all just basic detailing, textures and the biz, which as Vorace has mentioned, we can continue to collab. THEN, when those are nearing completion we shuffle and rock the demon sides!!

I love watching this stuff evolve in your sb. I really like the multi-layering of clothing/armor/relics/etc. I think that's something my own work seriously lacks. I can't wait to see your finals! Best of luck!

yep Smokken is right!
    Thumbnail = good idea and less chance of being stuck with poor composition.
    I wont be able ton particpate until sunday because I'll be away from home.

thumbnails, set #1
    for the sorceress

also I changed her knee design a little bit, small detail though

is there room enough for one more ?awesome art goiing down in here and im looking for a team to join

heres some thumbs, lets try and shoot for Monday to choose our strongest comps/poses!
    ive also included another fem mage idea... you ever see the women of Paduang??? Copper rings aroudn there necks from an early age... and adding rings ever year till they have hyper elongated necks that couldnt support there heads if the rings were ever removed...

anyway, i thought it was a cool accesory, make it segmented like the armor... snakelike...etc.

alive: not sure about adding an extra man this late in the game... maybe next time brosefesky.

hi guys! im finally back uh, sorry for not replying faster

Ronald, thumbs number 3 is nice, my fav ! It is dynamic and energic!

Smokken : I like a LOT the idea of the neck ring... maybe they could be twisted a bit so they look like reptile scales or something. There is some really interesting ideas here. My fav is the last of the first row. Really imposing stance, with the cloak taking a lot of space. It go well with the design of the priest!!

I wont be able to work directly on the TCHOW until friday, because im super busy with freelance stuff . I will do my best to give inputs anyway and I will start working on it like crazy this sunday or friday.

busy buddy! Vorace: ive no worries about you holding out on us till the weekend as youre a power house that can crankem out like the industrial revolution and I liked the cloak thumb one too, maybe ill do a slight variant, but Ill get started and post so you and Ronald can see if its still working.

alrighty: Ronald: lets get your final comp set and in play, focus on your character and pose first, nail it down and worry about the background last (just throw down some abstract shapes which can then easily become simple trees/foilage) Try to getterdone in the next 5 days, that way you have another 5 for the demon side.

also i think we have to be careful with how we light the characters, since they are the "good" versions.... warm colors and nice lighting can help convince that motive...

a small update of what I've started
    her right hand will be made of wood and twigs to show that she's a dryad

i'm setting a deadline for *saturday night (EST) for myself so I can ship it to you guys for collab

inputs plz

Last edited by xinranliu; August 20th, 2009 at 10:20 PM.

another update..

thats looking sssssssssssssssaaaaaaaweet Ronald!!!

progress is delish: I would just say that maybe try to get a bit more facial expression out of her and perhaps change her right hand to a clench to help convey some more emotion... also, is she getting ready to bust some spell/power action?? if so are you planning on wrapping one of those arms in some type of glow/ electric snake action....

color pallete is great, just be careful not to get too muted as you want her to pop off the background.

great stuff, ill have mine fleshed out soon as well...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.