Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Here are to rules for us as posted in the Official Team CHOW II thread.
Here are the rules!
1. Teams of two MUST create at least 4 portraits, teams of three or four need 6 and teams of five need 8. You are perfectly welcome to create more images that the requirement if you feel your team is up to it.
2. You must take a random selection of the choices below. Please don't do 4 elven fighters, or only orcs, for example. Please take a randomized selection. If you would prefer me to give your team a specific assignment, I will generate the selection for you. If I see teams doing more select parties, then I will request you to change to something more random.
3. You must follow the format provided. See it below, please!
4. You must do a LIGHT and a DARK version for each character, please! This means that for each character you need two portraits.
5. You must submit a paragraph about each character. Do a short write up for each character you create. I want to see some interesting, stereotype-breaking stuff here, folks!
PLEASE SELECT ONE OF EACH CATEGORY FOR EACH CHARACTER.
Gender: Male / Female
Race: Human / Elf / Half-Elf / Dwarf / Orc - (and anything else you can think of!)
Class: Fighter (Barbarians, Knights, Dark Knights, Brawlers, etc) / Thief (Assasins, Rogues, etc)/ Spell Caster (Wizards, Sorcerers, Druids, etc) / Healer (Priest, Cleric, White Mage, Medic, etc) - (feel free to make up something for this, too)
Alignment: Good / Evil (please do both for each character)
YES, THESE LOOK LIKE STEREOTYPES. IT IS YOUR JOB TO BREAK THEM. I want to see some really interesting, kick ass stuff!
Okay, NOW GO!
The Final Burning Thread will go up ONE WEEK before deadline. The deadline will be August 31st, at 11:59 pm GMT - 4, Eastern Daylight Time. I will accept submissions as long as it is August somewhere in the world, but after this I will close the thread. I am going to give myself 1-2 days to then sort out the poll and the voting, so please be patient.
1. One team member will be in charge of submitting the final entry. How the entry is presented will be up to you, but keep it consistent and coherent.
2. Remember that you will need to submit wips. If you decide to make a group sketchbook for this activity, a link to that will suffice.
3. Also sumbit a list of Team Activity. I want to see how well you worked as a team - who was in charge of what and what each member did.
4. All other ChoW rules apply. If you are not familiar with the usual chow rules, please read the guidlines thread sticked at the top of the subforum. Including, 3/4ths rule, no paint-overs, etc.
5. Please submit files with this naming convention: TeamChow_TeamName_Image001.jpg
6. Please keep to the format of the image below. We're gonna be a little bit more strict about presentation this time - each portrait should be portrait-aligned, like so, and the figure about as big as the one you see below. Full bodied figures, please.
Thanks, and Good Luck!
And here are links to the three most most voted for teams from the last round.
Last edited by Sublimus; August 5th, 2009 at 10:10 AM.
Hi guys, jungle sounds cool but I'm not 100% sure how you see it. I think it will become clear when I see some references and inspirational pictures.
Oh, I also made some quick scribbles. Nothing big,just getting loose .
Last edited by Lyno; August 3rd, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
I was thinking of more of a tribal look. It would be fun to give an orc/elfish twist to the Aztec, Mayan, and Incan cultures. Like adjust the clothing and armor of that time and place to fit that "high fantasy" style.
Key elements seem to be: body paint, face paint, feathers, fur, and bones. Also, notice they all have relatively the same skirt shape. There are a lot of crazy headdresses, but I bet they are meant for ceremonial purposes. I think It would be cool to have a Shaman with a crazy headdress. Also, do you guys want to have thematic colors, like turquoise for good, red for bad? Thoughts?
Oke, sounds cool . I think we shouldn't have thematic colors, (it can be oke, but it's not necessary for me I mean), but the color schemes must fit with each other.
I suggest we collect more references first. I think by tomorrow night we could have quite some references gathered. And then we can make sketches (or value sketches) first to decide which figures to take?
right on man! Time to put pencil to paper.
aight, sketch to get the gears turning, (evil orc shaman) and some ref:
Niiice man. Love the skull on top of the weapon, great touch. Only crit is that the shoulder pads need a little more detail, maybe some of those square stones or nubs or spikes. The body type is spot on too, goes great with the character. Also, I can easily change mine to a human or elf, as I was planning on putting a mask on him anyways. Then again I might scrap it and start over .
This is fun already .
aight man cool beans.
new sketch: Female/Dwarf/healer. If I pursue this concept further, I think I'll add more plants, berries, flowers, etc. I would imagine that healers in the jungles know a great deal about the local flora.
Edit: new sketch Elf/male/archer (if that wasn't obvious)
Last edited by Goog; August 3rd, 2009 at 07:25 PM.
haha killer sketches and refs u guys, the jungle theme sounds like a fun one!!
TEAM Chönyid bardo!
SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil
Oh yeah, nice one lyno! Yeah, I think some crossbreeds would be cool.
Tabaxi / male / good
Thanks Jocky and Jazz!
Nice goog nice, keep things coming .
I'm not sure about this one. It is supposed to be some assassin scorpion/elf. I tried to integrate some assassin attributes like daggers and stuff, but I have the feeling less is more with this guy.
Last edited by Lyno; August 4th, 2009 at 03:41 PM.
You guys are rocking it!!!
I've got a frog guy coming up soon!
EDIT I got some crits for you guys. On both of your sketches, they sort of look like 'humans with a few animal parts'. For example, on Goog's its a straight normal human torso, with *plop* a straight jaguar head. However, goog, the feet are amazing! They are a delicate mix of both human feet, and a jaguars. And Lyno, I think you could find a more interesting way to have multiple legs, or at least make the legs look a little less human. That way the scorpion tail would integrate better because if all the parts of the body looked a little more scorpion, that tail will fit right in!
Hope that wasn't too harsh, but I think we can take these a step further, rather than just human + animal head!
Last edited by Sublimus; August 5th, 2009 at 09:11 AM.
haha, yeahdont worry bout being harsh. In fact, I thought the exact same thing about my guy right when I finished him . Your guy is great too though man, love the crazy forearms. Also Lyno, yours is looking good too. I thin kmy next sketch is going to be some sort of troll-ish charachter with really long arms like a monkey!