Team Chow II: Ken-Do-Pu-En-Ds - Page 5

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Thanks
    dwardo - give me some idea of what you need from this horse and I will render some sketches for you of horse-to-be creatures to brake stereotype cannot draw horse, but something looking like it have horse in the family is thing I can manage.

or are You very much into this horse business?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    sepu: Thank you. I was actually thinking of a plain horse, but a centaur character
    that's limp I wouldn't mind. I'll send some construction lines and see if anything rattles in your end.

The more that I think about my characters, it feels like I'm reaching for the Silent Hill type of audience. I liked all parts 1-4.
    I've not finished any of them 'cause they're scary as shiet, but, well, that's where my mind is at at the moment. Scurry stuff.
    Scurry fantasy. Scurry faces. Scurry baby hands.

Last edited by vardoburrito; August 16th, 2009 at 05:54 AM.

Thanks
    yeah, pigeonhead guy was scary..
    a, sorry, pyramidhead.

do evil version of anito in this way and it will be absolutelly fine with me I will just have not to look.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wooo! Some discussion-NICE!

1. anito / otina (if you gonna make them as scary as japanese horrors I will f*ing run away, promise!) ?
    2. knight / possesed horned freak (nOice)
    3. minotaur berserker (THAT is why chain have to be short guys / minotaur healer(that was my idea of good side) or... minotaur hula dancer
    4. dwarf good shaman / dwarf poison maker

1-Not totally sure what this is.... sounds neat though.
    2-got the knight covered. We will just call him a warrior.
    3-I like Dwardo's wolf minataur, looks creepy.
    4-As far as the dwarfs go-I think if we give the minotaur magic abilities we should make the dwarfs more simple. I would say maybe one who fixes things, and one who breaks things. ALmost like grimlins.
    5-DEMI GOD. thats the only thing I ask is we have some kind of half God.

Story line- we can make this all work, I am sure. The men are in a loosing conflict with the minotaurs. They ask for a demi god to come help them. Anitos (sound kinda mean) work for the minotaurs while the dwarfs just try and fuck things up.
    It seems like the dwarfs and the anitos are in the same kind of "in the middle" range. You guys got any ideas?

I think we should focus on the story, and the concepts for the rest of the characters. The man character is pretty well worked out (he is the easy one)
    but we need more progress. I can draw horses well enough...when did horses show up?!

Everything is going sweet! Thanks guys! and Girls!

I am going to work, wont be back til tonight.

[CENTER]Ken's Sketchbook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirkenneth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    1-Not totally sure what this is.... sounds neat though.
    2-got the knight covered. We will just call him a warrior.
    3-I like Dwardo's wolf minataur, looks creepy.
    4-As far as the dwarfs go-I think if we give the minotaur magic abilities we should make the dwarfs more simple. I would say maybe one who fixes things, and one who breaks things. ALmost like grimlins.
    5-DEMI GOD. thats the only thing I ask is we have some kind of half God.

lets turn it on the frying pan once more time
    what if anito are cooperating with humans and dwarfs
    while otina are little bad guys bringing half divine bad ass bad huge minotaurs to actually help them to rule/destroy the world that banished them from civilisation?? good minotaur can be summoned by good side in desperate move to even the chances on the battlefield?
    story will be that war originally is between anito and otina, and because of recent escalation of magic used in fights, it started messing up humans and dwarfs (possesed ones started to appear!) so they decided to got involved to finish this mess?

ta-daa-am! (to be honest I like dwarfs too much to put them on bad side)

still fighting with software, but I will win. I have to win!
    will do some drawing tonight. even if only in opencanvas.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sepu-NICE story! I like that. I could run with it. I still dont really know what these anito and otina are. So someone needs to give me a fill in. I have some work to get done tonight on commissions but I will work on the armors more.
    keep at it!

[CENTER]Ken's Sketchbook

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirkenneth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Tiny war drums are starting to beat in my head. I like all the ideas that have been dropped, and these stories make it much more clearer. Sweeet.

SirKenneth: The anito are from Philippine Pre-Hisp. mythology actually, I didn't actually think you guys would accept it, but eh, why not. hahaha. The anito/otina was Sarah's clever word play. A balance. Yin Yang.
    I just think of them as the commoners in the mythological world, and as with everything else, everyone, even spirits can have motives that drives them.

Thumbs up on the commission, make it gooooooood. Don't come back before you do so, that's your name out there.

[I'll edit some story in, when I'm fully aware of this world I am typing in]. woooo.0

Thanks
    I did draw, but only now something nice came out:

I was aiming for this feeling:

and little bit of this:

and - finally it is possible to listen to music while drawing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtOq6...eature=related

Last edited by sepu; August 13th, 2009 at 12:25 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Okay, I figured I'd post what I'm working on tonight while I'm at Barnes and Noble. I have some sketches in my notebook, but no scanner presently so I'll just stick with the headshot I've started.

Basically the faun character turned into a "fawn" character in my head. It's no longer a he, but a strong she with deer legs as opposed to goat legs. (dwardo, any resemblance to Natalie was a complete accident, but something around the eyes is making me think of her LOL) Instead of goat horns, she is going to have small deer antlers, and having deer legs would be perfect to use as a scout/light fighter.

In my head, she's pretty haughty towards the plain mortals. I think maybe something of her breed is generally aloof anyways though not unfriendly, but she personally has had some past dealings that has led her to believe that her race is superior... The fact that she has lowered herself to fight alongside humans at all shows that the circumstances of the world have fallen quite low.

Anyways, I'm still in playing mode for clothes/weapons. But as to her turning evil, I took the shift toward minotaur and have mentally run with it. Her horns will become strangely curved and made more heavy, as if they are trying to turn into minotaur horns; she'll have a large ring in her nose; armour, though probably still light...

Anyways. Dabbling. But thought I'd post because I've been pitifully quiet lately, and I apologize.

EDIT: LMFAO I love the dwarves being almost like gremlins thing. I want mine to be the one who breaks things! XD Er. Actually I'm equally partial to either one of those (I love fixing things lol) I'll play with that too.

Attached Images Attached Images  

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AmbientSounds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Human
    Anito
    Otina
    Minotaur
    Dwarf
    Faun/Fawn
    &
    Demi-God

Rolling with the stones.
    -Anitos and Otinas don't have the physical presence in the real world. So they both need humans and minotaurs.
    -Otinas are the female spirits and they're sided with minotaurs to rule the physical world.
    -Anitos (males) lost in the spirit world to the Otinas so they've sided with humans in the physical world battle?

*Good vs EVil. Men vs Women* (in spirit talk)
    [Battle of the Sexes next month btw, checkers the Lounge for some details and voting polls].

-I like the dwarf Lindsay & dwarf Sarah idea that just likes to destroy and rebuild.
    -The demi-god, the demi-god? A messiah? A saviour? Ulterior motives? Free lunch, wine included.
    My triplette minotaurs will take him out in the end. No Hollywood ending.

It's a war for Domination! To preserve one's own ego.

Thanks
    Human-Kenny
    Anito?? sepu? dwardo?
    Otina?? sepu? dwardo?
    Minotaur-Dwardo
    Dwarf- AmbientSounds, maybe Kenny
    Faun/Fawn AmbientSounds
    &
    Demi-God george? Kenny?

Anito and Otina are just spirits? Can we make characters out of them?

sepu-sweet horse thing! I like the references- what creature are you working on?

AmbientSounds-I like the faun concept. Seems like you are on a roll and know what you want. Now show us! I have been doing some dwarf sketches trying to figure it out.

Dwardo-I like your motif ideas. I can work with all of that.

Okay, Here is my color/armor theme one. Sorry for the low qual jpeg but it uploads nice and fast. gets the point across! Let me know what you guys think!

[CENTER]Ken's Sketchbook

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirkenneth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ambient:I love your metamorphis horns, genius idea. n It's Porty's eyes, I told you not to stare at them too long. LOL. That strange
    feeling in your heart. It's called love. teeeheee

SirKenneth and Sarah : The horse/goat/deer I was thinking of was just for prop purposes.
    It's a bit harsh, but that's how I roll.
    -Paintover, but I don't know, I'm always for the hyena proportions. Big shoulders and small lower ends. I love the lighting you put on it too.
    [I just level adjusted to match the black and white feel]

It's looking much clearer everyone. Thank you so much.

Last edited by vardoburrito; August 14th, 2009 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Wow, really solid work guys, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    edit: Geezus Matt, your post scared the shit out of me. Flashes of 300. Hallo.

Sweet.
    Kenny: Anitos and Onitas are pretty much the red and whites here.
    The white skin is a bit too strong, but I don't mind making them translucent. Just turn the opacity down. lol.

I like the colour pass. x2 check the left knee cap and left shin guard. Direction ???
    Left arm looks a tiny bit long. But fark, yours be looking real man. You might have to overline our characters to match yours. Ha!

-I have to fix the abs for the minotaur, looks a bit flat. Like mine. :hahaha

Let me catch up on a few deadlines guys and gals. But I'll work on this on the weekend no problem.
    Sarah, Kenny and Lindsay. You've got your stories straight sweet. Awesome. George and I will have to
    scramble around your stories. But all in all, I think we're ready to relax.

Demi-god? Let's, make, it, a, she.... (just throwing it out there)

*Minotaur will be my base character. I'll work on the good and bad for those first.
    Anito if time permits. Sarah can versus me with Otinas if she's up for it.
    [The challenge has been set. Baaaam! ].

Last edited by vardoburrito; August 14th, 2009 at 02:21 AM.

Thanks
    Okay sorry guys for the lack of posts. There's just way too much work I had to get rid of. I tried my best to get updated with the emails but a bit stressing at the moment.
    From what I understand am I still doing the Demigod?. This was what I worked on today. I tweaked my previous post majorly because I wasn't feeling the body type. Also I started to introduce color because it will be one of the major factors to determine good and evil.
    I will try and catch up with story development now.

Demigod Concept

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vshen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    sorry dwardo, but I just can't repeat this kind of mood You got in Your anito. I'm not feeling up to anito/otino. dwarf, minotaur, prop strange creatures - sure, but scary spirits not really. normal human too, but this is question of skills, while anito idea is just beyond my abilities to create this asian horror mood..

will try to do more around my dwarf cleric/shaman/proffesional spiritual consultant

as for stereotype breaking - dwarfs breaking and fixing things are very stereotypical, aren't they? now lady dwarf playing with magic is a little less usuall IMHO

BRILLIANT demi-god! nice vshen!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vshen: Take your time George. Don't stress out brotha.
    Work is work mate, no two ways about it.
    That demi-god? I like it. Double check on the arm length, which reminds me to do so also.
    Gold? Gold? It looks like a bad guy with that mouth. As a good, probably make it with more human features.
    If you can pull of a mouth like that as a good character, that would be hilarious. hahah. I like it.

Sepu: No problems girl, do what ever flows, I like all your scary stuff so far.
    And thank you for reminding to aim for not so stereo-tips. I really need those.
    Dwarfs finding magic recipes and women burning their own beards I'm so totally down for.

Sweet. I think everyone has their base characters set. vshen, are you sure you don't mind doing demi?
    If you got something else in mind that's ready to explode, do that one first. Whatever works mate.

Sweet sweeet everyone. Yea!

Last edited by vardoburrito; August 14th, 2009 at 04:10 AM.

Thanks
    Dwardo yeah I'm cool with doing the Demigod, I'll try to explore both sides a little bit more and will also try to see some possibilities with minotaur idea.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to vshen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm not sure if I gave this this idea only to dwardo or here, but what about making good characters standing, looking noble, bla bla bla, and bad ones moving/dynamic (like in berserk mode?)

this vshen's demigod looks for me good (bad-ass but good bad-ass), bad version can be scary and frightening while moving and fighting..

33. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hahahaha ... wow, things sorted themselves out right at the end. Brilliant. On schedule. Just a clearer agreement on the story, and it should be all sweet.

Characters are ready to go.
    vshen: Do realise that your demi will be fighting with my minotaurs. (Triplettes btw) and they don't shit around.
    sepu: Awesome Sarah. Standing still for the good guys,
    and in motion for bad. Maybe fighting motions. [Thank you for bringing it up]. Hmmm!

For my good, they're just going to be eating. Instant noodles in one hand, chopsticks
    on the other other. Eyes glaring at one another. Mine, mine. gnarl.

Thanks
    fine. I'm taking my fixed by dwardo horned "horse" for my druidic dwarf fat lady (they are just about same height anyway.. ok ok, horse is bit higher )

anybody want some animals I can help with?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hahaha, brilliant Sarah. "Horse higher." teehee funny.
    -Oh yea sepu, the foreground horn on your horse needs to be larger than the back. Make them twirl more.
    I'mma do those with mine.
    -In terms of animalis help. I'll work on my blocks some more and then post
    for fixers.

-Oh silhouettes. Make sure your characters have something to show different.
    My minotaurs needs an overhaul, but I really want to stay away from armor and weapons.
    I'll make their claws more deadlier than they are already deadly. I'll give one a knife too, a shank. yes yes.

Weekend starts now for us Ozzie blokes, blaaah. But will check in tomorrow
    to settle the story if anyone has beef. Do you have beef? [n salt and pepper].

Thanks
    On the curious line.
    What is everyone's listening listing?

The only boogy atm for aggressive characterisation is:
    GURD - Reload

The boogy for good is, and will always be:
    Tsutchie

/end transmission

Thanks
    for a moment Im deep in agressive NIN
    have some idea for your minotaur - claws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9Ywarc_eM&NR=1

40. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    System of a Down [love]
    Dead Kennedys
    Dropkick Murphys
    Ramones

For the Win.

anyways-

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmbientSounds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I played with my pony, now I will have to look for some ref of people sitting on horses and sit my dwarf lady where is her place

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sweet drops ladies.

Ambient: I reckon with hair. Braid(s) hmmm I don't know.
    Split in two or one back? It's always in the eyes anyway.
    If the eyes are right, she could be wearing a bikini and it'll work with me.
    She's looking nice, even when bald.
    I like the light/swift fawn, and I really love the morphing antlers idea.
    Somehow your short little worm strokes seem to work in my eyes.
    I can't pull it off though. I think it's your lighting. Sweet sweet.

Sepu: I love the details. This horse thingy looks solid for that dwarf.
    And are you really going to keep that back rest? That is so mean.
    The back legs are buckling already. lol.

Which reminds me.
    1.Is everyone doing their own backgrounds/environment? [Which is optional btw] But I'll work to however yous want to for cohesion purposes.

I'd just like our goods and bad to be worked out first. Environments/background if time permits, true?

2. And if there's more time, and everyone isn't sick of it. I'd like to do a meal scene. Everyone is eating. Looking up from the table, or not.

/sketches later tonight.

Just throwing it out but I still like your fawn to be bi-ped.
    n some perspective squashings and lightings. Please double check seps.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to vardoburrito For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    dwardo, that was useful overpaint, but please stop cuting off his tail :d :d

here is first try to put her on the.. ee.. muf-hor-gryffin?
    I have made this animal a bit bigger, somehow cannot make her smaller.
    well, it is a strong creature
    horse too.

and some color..
    edit: added shadows. any manipulation oin opencanvas sucks. good for sketching, not good for this extra touch.
    blah

Last edited by sepu; August 15th, 2009 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks
    sepu she looks flat out ready to bust somebody's ass. And I love the claws on the back legs of the beasty.

dwardo, nice... I think after this contest I might play around with the entire deer body sans head plus woman torso. What do you mean worm-strokes? EH? Are you threatening me?? What am I a clown? Am I here for your amusement, do I make you laugh? Laugh like how? [lmao lady why are your knuckles bruised?? *BOOF* that's why] And I had forgotten that backgrounds are optional. Honestly I'm not very comfortable with enviros yet so I'm going to do all of her first and then with time permitting add some scenery. But I -had- planned on the scenery.

vshen dunno if I said it before but that demi god is awesome.

SirKenSir really liking how yours is coming out as well, totally digging the pose/armor/palette.

49. The Following User Says Thank You to AmbientSounds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    AmbientSounds - thank you those claws are my fav too, makes it some hybrid animal, so I can make all possible mistakes with anatomy saiyng "this is how it is supposed to be!"
    but really, it makes me feel this animal have some lion in the family.

can I play like dwardo - with your faun lady?
    beware! one question coming: while demigod job is to be.. demigod, human is good plain warrior/berserker, anito/otina are magic by nature and troublemakers by proffesion, minotaurs are warriors, my dwarf is some kind of battlefield-mountain-druid-wannabe (and im planning bad side to be really bad ass XXXS size necromancer) - what is your faun ..?

that will make it easier to play with it now if you will assign for her characteristic already. for now I only know she is thinking herself superior, which is fine but didn't we all think like that? give her some nice job in this story

51. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.