Team Chow II: Ken-Do-Pu-En-Ds - Page 13

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Team Chow II: Ken-Do-Pu-En-Ds

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone! I think we did pretty well! Get some rest everyone!! Congrats on getting to the finish!

[CENTER]Ken's Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirkenneth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No drawing - or maybe just fantasy related - for the next 4 months. This was a total challenge on my end.

I'd love some feedback on what we could've done better.
    I enjoyed the idea sharing and bouncing of ideas.
    Sarah, Kenneth and Lindsay, thank you for brainstorming along - George was really busy?

The next time around, I'd like for all of us to have developed a more concrete level
    of digital workflow and we share those also. I can browse the tutorials and read
    the how to guides, but somehow, interacting with other artists at the same time and process, makes it that much more appealing, at least for me.

Self conclusions:
    -I need to find out where to place the soft and hard edges.
    -My first ever focused black and white - comicky - pose. I'm happy, but that hair was a bitch.
    -The hands for Minotaur-ED is too small - I was staring at it for too long.
    -The good anito needs some life. It's not as weird as I wanted it, now that I look at it a second time around.
    Kenneth, thanks for taking on that last character in the last hours mate. Awesome.
    There's a really soft feel that I like on it - misty and grain feel - I like it.
    PS. You voted for our team .. lol ... can you do that?

Thoughts on our Final post:
    -The image sizes I left them as everyone gave me, I didn't want to enlarge or lose any detail on any of them that I
    couldn't control - Hence my suggestion for the largest size - as I didn't know how big I wanted my image presented. If I shrunk it down to sepu's resolution, I lose some feel that I thought I needed on my one.
    -I forgot to bold out the anito text and add labels.
    -I tanked on vshen's character info - You didn't send me the info
    -I didn't know what to write about your characters sepu - but I hope it's ok.
    -that orange paper could be changed - [me colour theory isn't there, yet!]

I would really love your inputs and thoughts. email or post here.
    Otherwise, get that rest, keep on trucking and don't forget to eat.

*I'm under the impression that as human beings, we need more than 4 hours of sleep everyday.

*Lindsay you didn't get to finish, but I'd still team with you the next time around - for whatever collab - in wherever Universe.
    You've so many little ideas that you've SHARED with me that I would love to realise with.

*Kenneth - Good luck on those studies and commissions. Get cracking bratha - and seriously 30 mile bike ride will eat up your knee joints. But I'm definitely interested in the diet that's keeping it goin. I think I'm losing my left knee,
    and the right elbow [I'm right handed] is getting withered. I think I'll
    have to train my left hand now. hehe.

*Sarah - Your taste and ideas I totally dig. Keep them studies up.
    I'm always up for faces and hand study collabs, 'cause looking at my characters, ugh, I'm about to puke.

*George - Busy is good, busy is always good. Fact.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well..

my personal life just got a bit sorted so I can say something about all this team chow experience.

I really loved working together and getting sugestions, but as I'm honest person(or you can use word for female dog here) I have to say that if we have 1 month(30 days) to do something it means we should not just try to make plan on the beginning, but to keep it from the beginning.

next time this would be the thing to concentrate mostly. timing, working schedule, keeping an eye on the ball.

as vshen destroyed me personally with style, colors and details, everybody done something that would be usefull next time.

dwardo - you just pissed me off, honestly, with this slappy attention of yours, giving advice to everybody, even on other teams threads, and complaining that you do not have time in one month to finish simple anito, playing with it from the beginning without making real progress.. I love this diferent style of yours, and will like to colab but *kick in the ass* move this lazy part of yours man, I mean, seriously..
    you have to concentrate on productivness and keeping time. sketch more, and stop reading thru tutorials, playing with brushes, livestreaming and stuff, this gives you illusion of doing something. wrong illusion.
    be productive!

from kenneth and ambient I did not saw much, but really would like to, so you guys do same - try to be more productive. I know that there are busy times, I have one myself - belive me, very busy and stressing - but theres ways to get in one month regularly a little time to do some sketching, feeling.. or maybe it is just me getting used to one-week-competitions kind of work time. I strongly advice You to try to do something like that - just to train ability to draw to deadlines. does not matter how good/bad, but even if it is great, if you cannot finish it on time - what all that greatness matters?

finally, not being a bitch anymore
    I was very happy to be part of a team, working sharing and .. well that was my first colaborating in arts so it was really productive for me. to see others opinions and to work things together.

we can keep this thread to do all this collab work we all mention from time to time. just until we will find other place on this forum for such thing.

edit:
    something done to relax from fat ladies, just after deadline of tchow.
    enjoy, bon apetite->
    Team Chow II:  Ken-Do-Pu-En-Ds

Last edited by sepu; September 2nd, 2009 at 06:07 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    buahahaha, nice ....

"giving advice to everybody, even other teams" I seriously can't stop. I can't help myself, but definitely, next time around.
    It just felt like, for me, that was one way to help you guys open up. I don't know if I sent too much email or notes, but that's
    what I felt had to make this team move. I didn't want just sharing of ideas, I wanted sharing of processes.
    The lack of email responses on some key questions really pulled me down.
    Some were answered, but I guess some were lost in all my text. [Better communication lines ... email won't work the next time around].

Next time around, I'll make sure I have more to bring - processesing wise - to the table, to make it more seamless for everyone.
    I knew Kenneth was just starting with digital.

Commenting on other teams. I just had to. Snootchy gave me that brilliant challenge for the minotaur to be running full boar
    towards the camera, and deastwen 'cause she's juggling things for others' benefit. I don't know how many pms I sent but that really meant a lot, to me.

It wasn't just a competition for me, which was the main goal here, but learning and growing with others, team mate or not team mate.

Reading tutorials and brushes and livestream - that was what I wanted from this group.
    A sharing of the process. I've no certain process when it comes to digital.. But I've reasoned that we're all noobs at that stage, so we didn't
    have much to share - but like I mentioned - next time around, I'll learn more to share with yous and I want you to do the same.
    Our ideas are all unique, but I wanted a more studio feel between us members.

*Massages swollen ass*
    I still want to see you do hands and faces. buahahaha. you had so much time to when you finished.
    edit: the hands on the necro is pretty sweet.

Last edited by vardoburrito; September 2nd, 2009 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, Im not going to write much-ive got to get off to work.

I think things could have been much more streamlined. Having the team spread all over the world and no way of meeting on a messenger to really work out the kinks. Having a more level skill among the team too. I feel bad that I am not quite up to the challenge with my digital work.
    Dwardo-your dedication was very important. It kept me wanting to get back to the forum and my wacom. Though you should always get a good 7 hours of sleep. Dont let silly stuff like this get in the way of your health!
    sepu- I need to get better at the deadlines-thats for sure! Not having a solid process for the digi work has a hicup for me! Like dwardo said- it would be good for you to practice your drawing skills more. You render well, but your work will be stronger with a solid drawing.
    Ambient- I know how busy life is, if you predict it then its a good idea to not get committed to anything. It was a bummer to have you drop out like that-but I am glad we had you covered.
    Vshen-Also-if you will be too busy to commit then pick your battles.I am glad you pulled through though! I dont have any crits on your work-nice texture and designs.

I am out for a while. I have some serious work to get after. Stop by my sketchbook sometime!

Thanks everone!

[CENTER]Ken's Sketchbook

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirkenneth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sirkenneth - you are absolutely right good solid traditional drawing study will be much of a help. Sadly I will have to wait little bit until my little one grows up and have more time to do something serious. but it is true. My drawing is very-lazy-counting-on-visuals-lightshow

what do you say - we can exchange - my familiaryty with tablet (I'm not using mouse to browse web/play games any more) for your familiarity with pencil..

packing packing. on friday flying to egypt.
    I hope to see You ALL guys on conceptart weekly challenges when I will get internet back (a day, a week, a month?)
    seriously.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sepu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys this was a definite eye opener for me. I don't really have any crits for you guys, I felt that you guys have put a lot of effort in this challenge and you did it in your owns ways.
    My lack of posts is something I definitely want to improve in. I understand everyone is busy, so busy is not really the major factor for me although it does play it's part. I think this being my first team challenge really caught me by surprise.
    I have entered challenges in other forums before but as an 'individual', so I didn't have any major obligations to do certain things. If I don't finish the work then fine it was my fault and I move on.
    I was aware when I entered this challenge that it was going to be done as a team, but my state of mind at the early stages didn't really understand the responsibilities needed for the challenge. I was then lost and was overwhelmed by the sea of replies everyone was giving. I can only blame myself for that.
    I never realized the amount of effort needed for such a challenge until I saw the other entries(I didn't really look at the other threads, I was already lost in our own thread!).
    I was completely stunned about the amount effort done by most people. I am a complete noob with CHOW and COW challenges. There are entries that are completely stunning but what caught me more was the unified feel of some of the team that it felt like it was done by one person.
    So guys I can only say is 'sorry' for the lack of team involvement from me and if we ever get back together for another challenge this is something I definitely want to improve on.
    I am going to enter the weekly CHOW and COW challenges to better aware myself of the quality I need to put out for these challenges.
    I do hope to keep in touch with you guys either on this thread or in other threads.
    Great work from all of you guys.

Dwardo - Thanks for keeping me aware of everything that is going on specially at the beginning stages because if you didn't I would have dropped out early in the challenge.

Sirkenneth - I really like your drawing skills, never lose sight of your traditional background in your journey to digital.

sepu - I really like the imagination that comes out of your head. Keep up the great work. That dwarf witch is such a beautiful piece.

Ambient - sorry to hear you drop out. Really liked the progress on yourfaun. Hope to see in more challenges.

Sorry for this long post I felt I had to make it up for the lack of posts from me.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vshen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was everyone's first team challenge and like Kenneth and I agree on, we still managed
    a pretty sweet output, as individuals.
    As for our finals, to reach a more co-hesive feel would mean we share it with each other.
    The Howling Loveboys were all working in the same studio, except for Dave (Mr. Delish).
    With 3 timezones, it was never going to happen; Too much waiting on each other.

As much as possible, the next team I'll look to setup is 2 timezones and no more.

-Egypt, Nice - Don't forget the socks. Who do I have to marry to get into that country, and how's the surf?

-I'll try my hand on CHOWS when something grabs my fancy - Got to get used to more genres.
    But after this month, and the last month's Newborn, I'm pooped. I got to re-align my Shakira.

-7hr sleeps takes me back to 2001. I'm pretty sure I had a mullet.

-It has been a pleasure. First time jitters are gone so I'll be typing more the next time around.

& finally
    It's September, time to hybernate like a true Taurean.
    Cheerio Lindsay, Sarah, George, Kenneth and Me.

Name:  Team KENDO-PED_CHOWII_.png
Views: 124
Size:  18.6 KB

Arnie says "Woof woof" which is 'Bye Bye' in Cute slobber.
    Name:  dwardo_arnie.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  21.1 KB

Take care everyone
    Yous have my email so contact me through there. Messages need not be funny.
    Like when it was a full moon the other day and I felt like biting RAW meat.
    ./Edward

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just remembered one thing - Ambientsounds, listen, if You ever gonna try again to kill me please, try to not do it by dancing faun
    when I saw it - I almost fell from my chair and keep laughing so much that my little one joined me (not understanding why mama is laughing but it is fun to laugh with her isn't it? )

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.