Characters at different heights
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Characters at different heights

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Characters at different heights

OK, so I know there are established head measurements that people use to make an ideal proportioned figure but how would you handle characters at different heights? Let's say one character is 5"5 but another is 6"0 would you just make the 6"0 characters head longer than the 5"5 characters and just base his proportions off of that using an 8 head length system? Because obviously this character is not 6"0 maybe not even 5"5?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Zaxser is offline Steph Laberis Fanboy Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Skull size varies less than height. Smaller people will often have almost the same size head, but a smaller body. Just deal with it.

Do you Mentler?

Booting up a new sketchbook.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Heads stay pretty much within a given size range. The additional height/shortness is created by varying lengths of the torso and legs. It's not uncommon to have a person with a short torso and short legs with normal arms which look ungainly and much too long. Perfectly normal. Fashion-model-pretty types have most of their extra height in their legs usually, with short perky torsos. Extremely tall and massively built males often have enormously long torsos with smaller legs which makes them look like misshapen giant apes. There is no "normal" human. It's a fiction invented by lazy artists, plastic surgeons and fashion designers. I'm proud to be short and ugly...nobody ever makes the mistake of assuming I'm just one more of the nameless plastic fashion models we get tired of seeing everyday.

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Ilaekae! that helped me ALOT! I was banging my head against the wall today thinking about this crap.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nicehighs For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.