Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Thanks
    goog :: certainly captured the psychotic nature of the character
    missile :: very creepy very scary, i like the character you have and the style is aiding to the emotion.
    Posh :: really fun! no one should be that calm while butchering some in the locker room.....very creepy i love it.
    Alexjohlt :: Poison!!!!!! apothecary kit gives this such a fun story, like she was really really good in chem :smile:
    Krizalide :: photobucket took your image down......bastards :smile:
    Arthur'two sheds' :: i like the double image action you have going on. she looks a bit sad, but i love the blood splatter
    pixitu:: i enjoy the style, kind of house wife esque but i think its also doubles as 1940's ish.
    Quikenobi :: those fire axes can be deadly :smile: huge fan of the severed head
    Commander Obvious :: out of the box and fun.
    waffleKoan :: i think the head is tad big but its a nice concept. like she found daddy's pistol and found the perfect solution
    lueparaleu :: very sin city... me likie :smile:
    pixeltuner :: nice rendering.....sounds weird, but family guy, prom night dumpster baby.........too soon? in all seriousness i love your work and this is another fav. well done.
    Ostrander :: I love the character :smile: looking forward to the finish.
    gerezeon :: it looks like bullet time to me, shes so fast her crown and flowers are left still in time. joker/harley quin esque. nice touch.
    the whistler :: i was looking through your sketch book after i saw this..i just wanna say i love the way you handle your rendering.
    JaneM :: nice colors and i like the lips a lot.
    al-saqr :: i like the digital blue line. the style is very corpse bride. excited to see the finish.
    dirkvandulmen :: ha! beat them with a stiletto i love it. i like the colours and the stylization as well.
    bill main :: well she looks crazy and wicked strong to be carrying that body in heels :smiles: id be careful because he looks like a zombie because his skin colour.
    rostas :: verrrrry creepy, your second rendition is a nice composition. " shhhhhhh im trying to kill you" SHINK! its like the picture is going to fall after you view it, like your head hitting the ground seeing your last images before your brain shuts off.so much fun!
    Chicklet :: nice pose but its very close to being off balance
    Jaro :: i like how you handled the drawing.
    Pesmerga :: first concept; creepy and fun. check the back leg for positioning because it looks a bit disjointed. nice colours. second concept ; rock star prom queen! im a bit confused about the sock shes wearing. the green hair is glam rocker awesome!
    Smuze :: the tool belt is a wonderful touch. she looks nice and content with being the only "sane" person alive in the room.
    matejkovacic :: i hope to hell my daughter doesnt wear that to her prom . nice sword, i wanna put a "ah ha!" caption with this concept :smile:
    corporeal :: pineapple grenade is a nice touch
    Villa :: nice composition. i like how the axe brings you into the character. it looks like shes selling the severed head of the prom king to the audience, which is wonderful, on your second comp, the face looks great but i dont understand why shes crying. you would think she was wicked happy to be ending everyone she hated.
    Mortn :: so very very disturbing it makes me smile
    rjart :: nice colors, very faery like. not so much murderer or crazy. kind of like shes surprised.
    NoodleDoodle :: her heads is a bit large but developed well.
    Titta :: man i wish my prom was that sheque. i like her head dressing
    seaport :: you have a nice angle going.
    Alotabitalittle :: i said earlier that i like you work. very illustrative for the first two concepts, but the third one....i mean wow! so creepy, so murderous, i cant wait to see the final.
    stban :: i would check your angles and proportions. I like the colors and the super hero lightning
    Feil Magnus :: STOMP STOMP STOMP! the crown with horns is a nice touch too.
    t i m :: very red carpet. rendered very very well.
    ryuloulou :: not much i can say as a crit on this piece. im nit picking because i like it so much, the pinkish shadow on the left, im not sure if it would look better with out it or not. it might pop your figure more off the page more if it wasnt there. other than that i like it a lot. mucha meets blood splatter so much fun :smile:
    luesang :: the voodoo doll is such a sweet touch.
    vaughany_boy :: that girl has the cbs " crazy bitch syndrome" niiiiiiiice!
    chriis.zed :: who the hell dont like a good ol fashioned chain saw prom? im down!

heres the next step in my idea. I really liked the upper left hand pose on my sketch page so i went insane crazy with her face.
    i want to add a sash to break up all the patterns in the mid section but i dunno yet. i wanna add a scepter(spelling?) in her hand and some falen peddles around the character as well

if you have any crits i would gladly appreciated them.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CrookedHorn For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    New wip. quite a bit still to do. Some awesome Tiffany's appearing.

Edit 2:

Thanks for the comments guys, have spent lunchtime working on the face, hopefully its an improvement, her mouth still isnt quite right, I think the angle is off but have to get back to work.
    Last edited by DImanic; August 10th, 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 586 Posts
    Hooray summer break! Finally have time for CHOW again. Here's what I'm working on.

Thanks
    Hooray for the extension!

With another week to work on, I have no excuse for not joining the fun.
    Here is what I have been working on so far:

Thanks
    Oh, I am glad. 2 weeks, means I can join in.
    \o/

This has got Stephen King's Carrie written all over it
    But I am loving the idea of big 80's hair and meringue dress

ryuloulou that is really very beautiful.
    I love Tea and Toast!!

Please visit my Sketchbook

my blog

Thanks
    hey guys,
    I don't think I'll be able to finish the chow, I learned yesterday I have to babysit my niece 2 weeks and all day long, so won't have time to draw much.
    So I guess I'm out again lol

good luck to others

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    not sure if I'll finish this,i'm struggling quite abit with rendering. want to stay away from gore.

posh - i actually like her stabbing away at the head better,but maybe with this pic,she could hold the knife instead of the head to give more power to the gesture. i think it'd make her look more determined.
    pixeltuner - neck and head are reeaaally small. otherwise good.
    sidharth - try for yourself to turn your head that much. won't work. you have to turn her body more.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carnifex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Chow 169 :: Killer Prom Queen
    just another wip

Thanks
    Hey all again,nice to see lots and lots of entries ,so much fun to watch everyone's progress on the drawings ,pumps you up a lot ,here's another update ,and crits and advice would be very welcome ,I would really appreciate it ,thanks all and cheers!

CrookedHorn:hey dude,thanks ,well,I hope I didn't strand too much from the ideea but I am really happy it's pretty understandable ,or readable,and you really did capture that crazy and psychotic feeling of her ,she feels so crazy ,and so happy at the same time xD ,waiting for more updates ,cheers!

Please visit , comment , critique and have a chat with me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's always a treat to have more time!
    I have put together some quick observations during my lunch break. Sorry, if I missed anyone, misspelled names or was unclear. Feel free to ask for more in depth crits too!

Goog--- Love the plunging neckline. I'd take a closer look at the belly button placement, it looks a little high.
    Alexjholt--- Great idea with the poison, and yes! crossed legs are hard!!! I agree with Pixeltuner reference is your best friend.
    Guitartist---Smoking gun in a pom pom! Awesome. Be careful of the cropping at the bottom, it looks tight. Maybe giving her some feet could help too.
    Missile---80's big hair rocks! Love the expression on the face so far. I don't know what is scarier - her face or knowing that 80's puff sleeves are coming back...
    Howie---Great awkwardness in the pose
    Luci Fer---Great keychain detail, very 80's/90's.
    Corporeal---I like the bomb idea from your first concept, perhaps developing it a little more using some familiar items to a cheerleader/psychotic high school girl - a megaphone, girls watch...etc....
    Helltroll ---I can't quite tell what is going on yet, but it looks chaotic and gruesome, I look forward to seeing it finished.
    Smuze--- She looks sweet! It is a little odd to me that the balloons are full and on the floor? not sure???.... but bring on the blood!
    Poshspice---What can I say other than awesome. Love the cellphone picture idea!
    Dirkvandulmen---I enjoy the style. Nice switch to the stiletto!
    Bill Main---Great lines in the sketch, I think she could look a little younger still. Possibly more cheekbone? Love the addition of the head and tie for the dragging.
    Arthur Two Sheds---I think the King's crown could look a little more king like. At first i thought it was the queen's and she was the runner-up. Love the screen with the crazy versus sweet.
    Pixitu---Love the big hair, bones, and polka dots!
    Quikenobi---She looks pissed. Love the face of the decapitated head.
    WaffleKoan---Very mafiaesque...the head looks a little big - but that may just be me??
    Leuparaleu---I am curious of what will be in her hand. I look forward to the final.
    Missconstruction---MmmmMmm, poisoned punch. I enjoyed the shrunken head purse in the first sketch.
    Grenogs---I like the silhouetted audience. Perhaps some banners and balloons could help bring angles of interest. As for the figure...I am curious what is in her hand, I can't really see it yet. I agree with posh - seeing the face might help too. Keep pushing it!!!
    Pixeltuner---She's got a great look to her. I agree with SunRoamer - she did look preggers. In fact, it looked like she just aborted it on the wall behind her. The update is MUCH better. I love the colors so far. I look forward to seeing this one done!!!
    Gerezon---I love the action you have in this! The perspective of the crown is a little weird to me. I think the roses and crown would have more action if they were flying in separate trajectories. Love the colors so far!
    Matejkovacic---Whoa - I've seen those prom dresses - or lack there of. The head and neck look a little small to me. Keep rockin'!
    Ostrander---Love the tweaked eyes! She looks crazy!
    Jbsdesigns---i dig the sketch so far.
    The Whistler---SO wonderful! I love everything about this!!!!
    JaneM---I am enjoying the 80's neon.
    Chicklet---Great look over the shoulder! The upper arm near the shoulder seems a little thick and perhaps the knife should be flipped in the other direction. If she were to come up to stab it would be a little weird.
    Jaro---I like the pose/dress. I think the weapon says more wedding than prom though.
    ianthegeek---I enjoy your second sketch!
    Ryuloulou---SO wonderful. Mucha is on of my favorite artists ... I definitely see the influence & love the style.
    Pipmonkey---Quick is good. Keep going!
    Villa---I like where it is going.
    Mortn---Love it! Nice ink and tone for the sketch. She looks pretty creepy.
    RJart---whoa! Cool so far...
    NoodleDoodle---She looks awfully sweet up there.
    Titta---I look forward to seeing where you take this.
    Seaport---Great sense of time. The guys head looks a little small, maybe? Oh, and great smile!
    NZob1--- I enjoy the smirk. Something seems a little off about the right eye though - keep pushing it and get reference if needed.
    Stban---I like the upward angle. Be careful of your proportions.
    CrookedHorn---Awesome idea. I feel a little skipper barbie resentment?
    Tim---Beautiful rendering so far, I want to see more.
    Vaughany_boy---She looks crazy. Keep it up!
    Chriis.zed---Does that chainsaw run with oil or bloooood. Love it so far. Some reference can help with the pose...dress. I dig the idea.
    Sidharth Chaturvedi---She looks so sweet! I look forward to seeing more!
    Carnifex---Love the expression and the slight awkwardness of her pose!

Pesmerga, Steffler, Al-saqr, Psy, Keeviin, Formic Acid, M!Ck, NicG, Kaiser, Kyurai, Feil Magnus---Keep pushing it!!

Cheers! Let's ROCK!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A lot. A bit. A little something different...
    My Sketchbook

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AlotAbitAlittle For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Hey all, this is looking to be a great round. just some crits.

NZOB1- The head is off, when you look over your shoulder you cannot see that much of the face. Her right? eye should almost be hidden. I find if I want to draw a certain pose I try to do it myself, try looking over your shoulder in the mirror it should help get you get a feel for it.
    Sidharth-Super funny, just watch her hips it looks like they are quite long
    Kayonim- Her torso is quite long lengthen the legs or shorten it up, other wise lookin good
    Carnifex- The colors look phenomenal and her smile absolutely manic
    Alotalittlebit- I love all your concepts, if you go with the straight jacket queen watch her shoulder where it is at now looks impossible if her chin is behind her shoulder her torso should be twisted.
    crookedhorn- absolutely frightening in a good way.
    Ryuloulou-love it
    Bon chance! Keep up the good work.
    Love the life you live.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kaikai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 771 Posts
    This is slowly getting nasty. Tried some different brushtechniques with smudge blends to accentuate her twisted personality and add more grit to the overal picture as well. Went for a bit more 'sickly' colour scheme as well.
    Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

Thanks
    pixel i love the dresser and the colour theme. im gonna take mine in that orange, blue and green palette also :smile:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 771 Posts
    gogogo, I think the dark blues from my piece would look great on your 'Goth' boots & stockings.
    Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixeltuner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AlotAbitAlittle View Post
    Luesang: I dig the voodoo accents. The doll, and cape are wonderful! I'd look at some reference for the sash, it looks a little overly wavy (perhaps google miss universe to see how it should fall). Be careful of cropping the image right at the ankles. I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, but I was told to never crop something at a joint, ie. ankles...knees...Lastly, the face is a tad on the masculine side, if that is what you are going for then it works, if not... I'd look up some facial anatomy reference. Just noticed the eye balls - cool detail.

Good Luck! I'd also check out some other voodoo elements - perhaps a cool tattoo!
    Thanks Alotabitalittle! You're right on all counts. I need to get some references together for my elements here. In truth, I just started off with the figure and winged it from there. Good call on the masculine face too (it was not my intention at all!).

Everyone's stuff looks awesome!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast