Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Team Chow II: Random Team 2
August 1st, 2009 #1
Team Chow II: Random Team 2
Random Team 2: GeistDel, Zaxser, Christianshane
Here are the rules!
1. Teams of two MUST create at least 4 portraits, teams of three or four need 6 and teams of five need 8. You are perfectly welcome to create more images that the requirement if you feel your team is up to it.
2. You must take a random selection of the choices below. Please don't do 4 elven fighters, or only orcs, for example. Please take a randomized selection. If you would prefer me to give your team a specific assignment, I will generate the selection for you. If I see teams doing more select parties, then I will request you to change to something more random.
3. You must follow the format provided. See it below, please!
4. You must do a LIGHT and a DARK version for each character, please! This means that for each character you need two portraits.
5. You must submit a paragraph about each character. Do a short write up for each character you create. I want to see some interesting, stereotype-breaking stuff here, folks!
PLEASE SELECT ONE OF EACH CATEGORY FOR EACH CHARACTER.
Gender: Male / Female
Race: Human / Elf / Half-Elf / Dwarf / Orc - (and anything else you can think of!)
Class: Fighter (Barbarians, Knights, Dark Knights, Brawlers, etc) / Thief (Assasins, Rogues, etc)/ Spell Caster (Wizards, Sorcerers, Druids, etc) / Healer (Priest, Cleric, White Mage, Medic, etc) - (feel free to make up something for this, too)
Alignment: Good / Evil (please do both for each character)
YES, THESE LOOK LIKE STEREOTYPES. IT IS YOUR JOB TO BREAK THEM. I want to see some really interesting, kick ass stuff!
Okay, NOW GO!
The Final Burning Thread will go up ONE WEEK before deadline. The deadline will be August 31st, at 11:59 pm GMT - 4, Eastern Daylight Time. I will accept submissions as long as it is August somewhere in the world, but after this I will close the thread. I am going to give myself 1-2 days to then sort out the poll and the voting, so please be patient.
1. One team member will be in charge of submitting the final entry. How the entry is presented will be up to you, but keep it consistent and coherent.
2. Remember that you will need to submit wips. If you decide to make a group sketchbook for this activity, a link to that will suffice.
3. Also sumbit a list of Team Activity. I want to see how well you worked as a team - who was in charge of what and what each member did.
4. All other ChoW rules apply. If you are not familiar with the usual chow rules, please read the guidlines thread sticked at the top of the subforum. Including, 3/4ths rule, no paint-overs, etc.
5. Please submit files with this naming convention: TeamChow_TeamName_Image001.jpg
6. Please keep to the format of the image below. We're gonna be a little bit more strict about presentation this time - each portrait should be portrait-aligned, like so, and the figure about as big as the one you see below. Full bodied figures, please.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberAugust 3rd, 2009 #2
All right, so we have to have at least 6 portraits. I guess we should first start by deciding what our selections are going to be. Then after that we can decide our direction or were we are thinking about going with this. This gonna be great!
August 4th, 2009 #3
Just a sketch without any real aim in mind, mainly trying to find an interesting race. The pose is a little silly and unnecessary, what with ears like those. Some if not several of the other teams seem to be incorporating characteristics or features of animals into their races as well, so I've got to be careful not to encroach on any established ideas. I've never really dealt with high fantasy before, so I've gotta bone up on that.
Anyway, a big point in the brief is to break stereotypes, and with good and evil being a very big part in this, the stereotype that immediately comes to my mind in that regard is that of evil being dark while good is light, and I think it might be interesting to turn that on its head, i.e. the evil side uses lots of white, cool, and austere/ascetic colors, whereas the good side uses more earthy, warm tones.
August 6th, 2009 #4
I like the idea of doing a female summoner type. Kind of like a medium that can draw demons or gods or what-have-you from a different plane. The difference between good and evil might lie in how the creatures are drawn out, be it from peaceful meditative means or through ritual sacrifice, or in the nature of the creatures drawn, i.e. there's a rift between the gods dividing them into good and evil as well.
I think I might soften her features a bit. Also thought of maybe doing a more voodoo-esque feel for the evil version, maybe with some skull makeup, but didn't get around to sketching it up. Any suggestions are more than welcome/encouraged.
We need a sharp team name too, haha.
August 6th, 2009 #5
August 11th, 2009 #6
Here are a few rough sketches I have been working on. Sorry about the poor quality I was doing them at work. The first images are concepts for a "Tengu Maiden" a kind of crow-lady who challenges swordsmen to battle, I think she would be more of trickster then evil, but we can worry about that later. the sketches next to that are of a wizard/mage/warlock, who's magic powers are bound to a living book. He would be an evil character. The next page would be some more sketches of the Tengu maiden and also of a dark druid character. These are the first sketches I was able to get up. I'll redraw them digitally and also post some more design/sketches for other characters. Sorry for the format, I don't have acrobat at work, so I was unable to permanetely adjust the orientation. Also hopefully the sketches are not too un-viewable Also sorry for the long silence I am having internet troubles at home, but I should be updating more regularly.