Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: C.O.W. #151 Venomous, Pale Blue, Obese Egg-Layer -- VOTING

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bertuna

Artist: MarshallWorks

Concept: Bertuna

These creatures live in a symbiotic relationship. The prickly arachnid is the hunter, and transport, while the blue mass provides the digestion, procreation, and emotional support.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MarshallWorks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: darkly

Concept: Clethe' Treh

Rarely does one see a sight such as this. An adult Clethe' Treh female has recently produced a large clutch of eggs and is protecting them from one of the few predators that live here in the arctic region. Once a male Clethe' Treh has impregnated a female she searches the arctic waters for large prey, such as whales, and giant squid and gorges herself on them to the point of obesity. She is able to take such large prey due to an extremely poisonous neurotoxin that she injects using specialized fangs that contract into her upper jaw much like that of a snake. This female Clethe' Treh has stored up enough fat that she can lay her eggs and stay by their side in a semiconscious dormant state that enables her body to conserve energy, but be alert enough to respond to anything that may threaten her offspring at a moments notice.

Name:  C.O.W.-#151-Venomous,-Pale-Blue,-Obese-Egg-Layer,-darkly.jpg
Views: 3387
Size:  451.7 KB

Some see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I just try to see the glass!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Artiphats

Concept: Blue Pond Dragon

The Blue Pond Dragon is the only species of mid-sized "pond dragons" that lay eggs by the water. The creatures are excellent at catching small fish and other animals that roam near the water, as they have quick tongues, sharp teeth, and great eyesight. They have quick reflexes despite being generally slow moving creatures, and their skin secretes a foul smelling poison to protect them from predators.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fat Oeuf

The Lundub is a billowing dimwitted creature. Docile by nature, the female of the species can become abnormally skittish during labor, especially when approached from behind. The Lundub's birthing excrement is highly venomous and is carefully collected for coating arrow and spear tips.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Marworthy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: dwinbotp

Concept: MuckWater Breeders
    The MuckWater Breeders are gelatinous creatures that dwell above the shallow edges of the swamp planet. They are considered harmless by the general populace and yet they are considered a mounting threat to the natural ecosystem due to their constant reproductive systems. The MuckWater Breeders generate anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand eggs each 84 cycles(roughly one week) Furthermore, the eggs are known to sprout thin,spike-like appendages that leeches to nearby creatures, injecting poison and slowly sapping their life away, creating an infestation resulting to the ecosystem's unnatural imbalance of late. Inhabitants are currently finding ways and means to be rid themselves of this new"blue plague".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Alexjholt

Concept: Giant Ubotl
    A dweller of deep muddy rivers, the amphibeous Giant Ubotl has developed mechanisms similar to those found in deep see fish but to a far larger scale using its lure light. Many of the rivers fish produce their own natural glows, therefore making that glow a target for numerous other predators and is on these which the Ubotl primarily feeds.

The Ubotl itself moves very rarely, being an ambush predator, the lure will attract larger fish, and other larger freshwater species to the front where it will lunge at them. While its jaws arent powerful enough to kill its prey on its own, its brittle, poison filled teeth are strong enough to pierce the skin, but the prey will invariably break free, leaving its many poisonous teeth shards in the prey, deploying large amounts of neurotoxin. Killing the prey in very limited time, it leaves the cumbersome Ubotl able to slowly swim over and devour the remains at its own pace. As it is amphibeous, it is also able to do this at the waters edge, lunging out the water in an almost crocodilian manner at things which try to catch the lure.

It is also a large scale egg layer, purely because its too slow to viably defend its eggs, and therefore numbers is the main protection from predation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Lander

Concept: Fatdoodle molaris
    Born to the world a much more agile and delicate creature. But the diet and habits makes these obese over time. Being venomous makes no need for haste. As they grow older, fatter and slower their second mouth starts to develop over the back. This to make the travel distance from the mouth to digestion shorter.
    No known relation to penguins.

Last edited by Lander; August 12th, 2009 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NickTrip: your-nickname

Concept: MicroStabber
    Measuring just under 1mm in length, the micro stabber is very small, but can defend itself and prey upon much larger aphids and mites with its venemous fangs.

Last edited by NickTrip; August 11th, 2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    My Website / My Sketchbook / My DeviantArt

Garlunk|Human|lvl07|pvp00|E0|Siren's Well
    Tomyris|Mystical|lvl02|pvp00|E0|Killrog's Palace
    PAINT HAMMER! The Art Making RPG!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NickTrip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of my favourites:

lkjhgfdsa Looks good but reminds me more of a robot than an organic creature. I really like the use of purple as shadows.

David79 Very strong looking entry. I LOVE the colours. Good job!

GoldenSerpent Wonderful lighting. I thought it was some kind of a space creature living on a planet with no atmosphere as the background looks very spacelike. The blue/black colour scheme works very well.

njoo Nasty looking creature. Propably the most stylish of them all imo.

BlkCelebration Aaaww. ^_^

JakkaS Funny and generally flawless piece. Awesome.

mythril_golem I like the texture and concept.

NickTrip I love your creature. It really separates from the rest and has wonderful details. I'm almost voting for it but it looks too much like a traditional bug.

In the end I think I vote for David79 for his creature's absolutely outstanding colours.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arbinn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tre3: It's a nice attempt. A little more work on anatomy and texture of the skin would really take this to the next level.

jouste: I love this, the stylisation is awesome and the 'ptoo' gave me a good giggle. Great job.

Steve Somers: Great creature, i love the mistyness of it and the webs on the egg sack. Awesome details.

lkjhgfdsa: Lovely colour palette really brings the creature to life, the little arms are great and how the eggs look like brains.

David79
    : Good concept, I think the amount of shadows in the image detract a little from the over all creature and makes it hard to define the form. But over all its good.

Crustibian: I think you could have thought a little more out the box with your creature, its very basic but i like the textures you put on it though.

Bluez3023: It's a good creature, i like the way it carries its eggs and its teeth.

GoldenSerpent: Great concept, love the patterning on its back and the generally glowyness. Is so pretty. You get my vote.

SIME: I love the drill eggs, is a great idea as is the concept. I think a little more work could have been put into the creature itself, the shadows are rather dark and seem to sort of cut the creature into pieces at the moment and make it difficult to read.

Arbinn: Slimy goodness Grats for creeping me out, reminds of this frog that keeps its babies on its back and they burrow into the skin. Gives me the creeps every time and has giving me a life long fear of crumpets *shudder* I digress. Great job.

Antimatty: Nice creature I thik you could have put a little more work into this and maybe a description as well, i like its skin folds though.

GNAHZ: The creature itself was a little bit difficult to read at first glance but i like the egg laying bit with the webs

nJoo: Awesome creature, I love how fat it is and its little bits of slime and that poor little mouse.

SimoneA.M. :Lovely little creature, great job.

Jon Gadbury: Its a great image, though its sorta hard to actually see the creature because of the darkness.

Pesmerga
    : I like the contrast with the green and blue but its not really obese, you note in the description that it can run fast which would indicate a fit and healthy creature instead.

Kimliatach: This made me giggle, is a great concept.

skodone: Nice creature, I think you could look at anatomy a little more as you have tried to define muscles in this beastie and it has ended up looking abit confused and neither muscly or fat. The head is good though. Nice attempt.

BlkCelebration: I love this creature, its awesome. Lovely concept great colour pallette and pleasing image.

JakkaS: Awesomeness. Its so ugly but cute at the same time.

Char Reed
    : Looks good, i like the green mouth and the fact its only fat some of the time. Good job.

Marsch: Slightly bigger image next time i like its head and neck though.

Mr. P Show: The image and creature is lacking in defination, makes it hard to see what the creature looks like. Its like you have bailed out abit on the picture and just blurred it.

tmyohlaing: Lovely creature, its nice and fat and looks heavy. Great job.
    theHaggard: Love the series of images you did here and its a great overall effect, i think little bits could have been worked on more. Good concept though.

memper:
    Image is sad i feel sorry for it. its pretty dark on my monitor and feels like you have tried to hide stuff in the shadows. Bit lighter next time?

mythril_golem: Nice creature, love the colour paellet. Great job.

MarshallWorks:
    I think it just needs a little more work to bring it together, the blue and purple bits look too sepereate to me but the over all creature is great. Wouldn't want to cross that on a dark night.

darkly
    : I love the scale of this piece and the creatures mouth. Great job.

Artiphats:
    This is awesome, the colours and head are great.

Steve Marworthy: I love the texture on its skin, sorta rhinoy. Awesome job.

dwinbotp:
    Love the colours and the general ickyness of it.

Alexjholt:
    Great creature, love its little face and they way its curled round the pier.

Lander
    : Seems a little unfinished to me, but looks like a good concept.

your-nickname:
    Nice little insect there, love the texture on the eggs and the details, using like opposite colours (the name escapes me) put abit of orange in the shadows of the blue. Just makes it pop a little more.

Last edited by kovah; August 13th, 2009 at 01:17 PM.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kovah For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was a lot of fun, I'm lookin forward to the next round.

Tre3 - Your idea is really solid. I love the idea of her carrying her eggs under wings. Try to work some more form revealing values into the work. Try to think: top, sides, bottom.

jouste - Very cool, I'm loving the style of this, but I think I actually liked the yellow-bellied flabian a little more. Great work!

Steve Somers - You have a great concept for your piece. The background looks aweseome I like the way you handled it and the expression of the creature is well done. I'm glad you put out the extra effort to add all the extra stuff to your entry. Um, the creature kind of looks like a hamster hugging a hot dog though.

lkjhgfdsa - Outstanding work, really well done and creative.

David79 - Well done, I like the design of your creature. The whole thing has a really nice feel to it. I kinda wish the darks didn't fall out so much though.

Crustibian - This is a charming illustration, but the type is very distracting. I think as a whole it would be better also if the bg were a little cleaner, but I like the style.

Bluez3023 - Nice creature desing, you draw really well. The eggs on his back ought to start lowering after the second row I think, as they wrap around his back. Also, I'm not sure I like the blurry edges on the highlights on the dark scales.

GoldenSerpent - This is very polished and very thoughtful. You did a great job with everything.

SIME - Your desing is good, but I really like your painterly style.

Arbinn - It was cool to watch your piece develop. I like your use of texture and color, but I think the forms of the creature could be a little more developed. Good work.

AntiMatty - The expression on your creature is great. The streaky sweatmarks would do a better job if they followed the form of your creature. Also, try putting some hard highlights on there.

gnahz - Your piece looks pretty cool. Maybe try adding some more color variation into it. I like the way the space is working though.

njoo - Very cool design. Your creature looks very pleased with its catch! I like the drawing and color palette very much.

SimoneA.M. - Very nice, I like the way you've rendered your creature and the design and life cycle is all great. I was confused by the bubbles at first though. They're all soft edged and look like they're supposed to be part of the bg.

Mr. Gadbury - very sinister. I like your entry a lot. I wonder what that place smells like? Although the darks are cool and add a lot to the mood of the piece, I do wish I could see the creature a little better.

Pesmerga - Very cool idea. I like the colors of your piece also. Maybe you could clean up the lines a little bit and allow them to stand out more? or maybe just elimnate them and rely on rendering.

kovah - I like the way you paid attention to the secondary details, like the reflection, I would say that you should work more on form as your creature's body looks a little flat.

kimliatach - This is a pretty funny idea. Try working on your midtones a little bit. Some things are getting a little hard to read, especially on the head.

skodone - I like the design of your creature but as you're drawing try to keep symmetry in mind. The breast and upper abdomen area don't seem to match left to right. Also, try to think about where cast shadows might fall as your rendering.

BlkCelebration - Great piece and great idea. I really like the style and colors and the forms of your creature, I just wish there was more of a relationship between forground and background, like color or something. Looks good though.

JakkaS - I guess this is why you've won 18 of these. Outstanding all around. There's something about the pose of the human I don't like; I'm just scouring for something to criticize about your piece. But seriously your work is killer.

CharReed - I like the style of your creature and they way you've handled reflective light and the mud, but I think your creature could use more color. Not necessarily brighter colors (greys are good) just more variations in the colors you have: greenish greys, purple greys etc.

Marsch - Great design, I love the horror twist and the color you've chosen for the eggs. Like blood filled eggs. Good work, maybe try to elaborate more on your creature, give more details, maybe show where it lives a little bit.

Mr. P Show - I like the color design of your piece, and although the POV makes for a dynamic and interesting composition, it makes it hard to understand what your creature looks like.

tmyohlaing - You've got a really cool creature design here and I like the way you've handled the background, suggestive but not distracting. I think you should take a second look at the elipses on his back. The holes don't look round.

theHaggard - I like your creature's evil gaze. You've got a good design for the head area going. I think it was said that your piece is too light, but I think it just needs some forest shadows. Have some leaf cluster areas of darkness and some very bright patches. Good work overall.

MEMPER - I love the expression on your creature and the back story is great too. I would say that your darks are falling out a little bit too much though.

jrbarker - Your use of light is great; very dramatic. Your creature design is creative. My biggest complaint is your color palette dominating the piece.

mythril golem - Its almost painful to watch your creature touch its vagina-like parts with those sharp spindly fingers. I love the design and styling of your creature. I kinda dislike how its floating in a brown void though. That isn't to say that you need a fully rendered background, just some indication of its habitat or the plane its sitting on.

MarshallWorks - I like your color choices and the style of painting, but there seems to be something a little off about about the drawing. I like that your creature is really two creatures symbiotically acting as one. Its unique to what everyone else has done for this challenge.

darkly - I like the confrontation you've created between your creature and the polar bear (that polar bear may be in trouble if he goes for those eggs). The back end of your creature looks like its tipping over a little bit. The one thing about the design: the retractable fangs look a little too big to be retracted.

artiphats - Good job with your creature. I'm liking its six-leggedness and the complimentary colors. I think maybe the environment could benefit from some of the same line work as your creature.

Steve Marworthy - Great job, I love the style, it has a great glowing quality to it. The creature's head flattens a little bit though. I think its edge is a little too similar to the sky.

dwinbotp - Your creature is kind of horrifying for some reason. I like the textures and style, but the darks fall out a little bit. Overall its well done. Good work.

Alexjholt - I like how you've put your creature in a complete setting with illustrative quality. Its nice. Good perspective and lighting. Maybe try to slap some highlights onto your creature to make it pop a little more.

Lander - I like the design and style, but things get a little blurry and undefined in places.

Whew!
    Some of the ones that really stood out to me are:
    lkjhgfdsa
    GoldenSerpent
    SIME
    njoo
    BlkCelebration
    JakkaS
    mythril golem
    and
    Steve Marworthy

But in the end I'm voting for JakkaS for his overall quality and professionalism, along with the thoughtfulness of his design.

I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with for the next round!

Arbinn - Thanks for the tip, I'll try to come up with a more creative design next round. I'm glad you like my entry, though.

Last edited by NickTrip; August 13th, 2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: formatting and Arbinn

17. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to NickTrip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jakkas: Fantastic work as always man and congrats on the votes. Definitely a great job at pulling off the "ugly but cute" look. I don't know how you come up with some of this shit for real man,lol...

Golden Serpent:
    All around great job and I hope to see you around more on here. You made a solid impact with the entering of your first COW. Keep up the awesome work, your way of rendering is very realistic and movie like and I am definitely feeling your work. It wasn't easy making the decision to vote for you or Jakkas. I am personally just a big fan of the painterly styles.

To All the other COW artists:

Much respect to everyone and awesome work as always. I am always sitting at my computer with my jaw on the floor from seeing the amount of creativity and artistic skills that I see here on CA. I hope to be able to follow through on my entry next time as time permits.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lege1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had to sit and scrutinize these for a while before I could even begin to choose favorites. There's at least 5 that I would vote for if we could vote for multiples.
    Here's some comments on a few of my favorites:

lkjhgfdsa - One of the best designs, nice layering of billowing shapes and random orifices.

Golden Serpent - A very beautifully drawn piece and the addition of the margin illustrations gives it that scientific detachment that makes it just a bit more real. It's also nice to see the bioluminescent idea used in a meaningful way and not just superfluous eye candy. I voted for yours because it sits well in the context of the overall COW series.

SIME - Yours has a very painterly, tangible quality to it, like it's made of clay almost. It's a cool, strange design too, with simultaneous ice skater qualities and giant wicked beast.

Arbinn - I was watching you revise and play with this one all week, it turned out amazing, damn near photoreal. Very slimy.

njoo - Another great beast, and the description is hilarious. Looks like he's perched on an enormous veiny scrotum. The little guinea pig caught in his antenna whips is an eloquent touch.

kimliatach - A giant turkey monster, why the fuck not? Thanks for the info on Orion propulsion from a turkey's ass.

BlkCelebration - what a cute little pudgy monster. his little venom drops make him look sad.

JakkaS - Your stuff always kicks ass. This one has a disturbing marsupial caviar hatchback thing goin on that is balanced by the creature's docile, friendly countenance.

mythril_golem - the spawnlord is an impressive beast. Multiple irritated orifices and a domed penile head. A true venereal horror.

darkly - I'm suprised more people didn't draw the connection between blue creature and arctic conditions. I like the polar bear in there for scale and added drama. I can almost hear this thing scuttling and hissing out at the bear.

Steve Marworthy - "birthing excrement" Awesome. The mixture of fear and arousal that monster inspires disturbs me in ways too intimate to relate in this public forum.

dwinbotp - disgusting, slimy, weird, irridescent. She's got it all. And it capitalizes on humanity's inbred prejudice against invasive species. Beauty.

NickTrip - I really liked your original line drawing for this, but the pencil drawing has a different sort of scanning electron microscope quality going on. The technique you used to color it is very effective and not unlike the way SEM photos are colored. I'm glad the forum was left open so this could get in.

....And I was laughing when I read your comment on mine, definitely got that hamster humpin a hotdog look thanks buddy!

Can't wait to see what you all conjur up for the "half pound of evil"....

Updates and new work:
    www.stevesomersart.blogspot.com

CA Sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=175919

Available for freelance

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steve Somers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kovah - Thanks for the tip, I'll try to get more compliments in the next one.

Steve Somers - Yeah I don't know why I did that line drawing to start. It took kind of a long time and was making the painting take even longer.
    I was actually inspired by SEM images when I was making this. I found a bunch of them while looking for bug reference and I sorta ran with it. Thanks for the comment!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for golden serpent. Nice intergration of manga/anime style into concept art. Great line work and pleasant coloring. Cool idea of it being so obese that the legs are actually up in the air hehe. Loving the little detail with the mouse - adds so much more interest to the creature. hope it takes the 1st place

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Superb luminescence GoldenSerpent!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Marworthy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As usual awesome job everyone!
    Ewwww! There are some wonderfully disgusting creatures this week!
    Ran short of time once again last week- and this week my lady is in town!
    Thought I'd stop by and vote real quick!

GoldenSerpent you got my vote! Excellent design and beautiful rendering! I really like how your creature glows- and uses that bio luminescence to hunt-well thought out back story as well.
    The lighting is what sold me on this, as much as I loved the ozzing disgusting creatures that most people went with, the unique ethereal quality of your creature was an interesting approach which totally matched the brief!

I don't have time to give everyone crits as much as I'd like to!

Some others that really stood out to me were:
    jouste -LOL awesome!
    lkjhgfdsa excellent design and details!
    Arbinn amazingly slimy!
    kovah really like the design and anatomy!
    BlkCelebration love the design of yours as well! like the part in your back story about the males guarding dummy eggs!
    JakkaS very cool! Top notch rendering and great creature design!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with for the half pound of evil!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volscalkur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kovah , thanks for the crit and i totaly agree with what you said! hopefully ill be able to put in a bit more time on the next one and have a better entry.
    NickTrip, SteveSomers, thanks guys, i appreciate the kind words!.

Well done to everyone loads of great work, its a real privilege to be part of a great art community.
    JakkaS you got my vote, the painterly style does everything for me!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for GoldenSerpent because of its atmosphere and barlowe-esque design, very cool.
    Other entries I liked.
    JakkaS awesome drawing overall
    Steve Somers nice concept and diagram about its life cycle
    lkjhgfdsa I love purple
    NickTrip nice rendering job on the microscopic look, ecspecially the wings.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeathByChris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tre3: Your concept is really nice and I like the idea of the eggs being carried underneath her wings. I think you should try experimenting with some harder shadows and highlights since everything is so soft edged in your picture things just sort of end up muddy and blurry.

jouste: Interesting critter and I like the idea of an eco-system of eggs but personally I liked your first idea, the yellow gutted flabbian, better. The Roe Bloatís blunt almost French fry shaped spines sort of bother me.

Steve Somers: I really like all the wispy patterns on your blue Selvingester and the detail on its egg sack is great as well. Your creature is an interesting mix of rather cute fuzzyness and a gruesome and distended looking ovipositor. Also really nice background.

Lkjhgfdsa:
    As Iíve said in the WIPs page Iím really partial to this girlís segmented head and the purple/pink thatís added to the shadows really make her pop. I donít really understand your description thoughÖ

David79: Youíve got some great details on your creature but I feel like some of the shadows hide them, such as the small claws/spines on her underbelly near the chest area are rather hard to distinguish, although it might be my computer monitor. Nice touch to add in some red from the background onto her. Your picture feels sort of cramped; maybe a little bit more negative space on one or two sides would help.

Crustibian: Your picture has a fun cartoon feel, something about the background almost makes me think of some sort of stitchery, Iím entirely sure why but I find it interesting. I think you could have played around with your creatureís design a little bit more though, since its pretty simple.

Bluez3023:
    I like your idea especially the details about them also being able to shoot a stream of venom and that it is actually the male who carries the eggs. Iíd say maybe try and keep the line art cleaner since it fades in and out and is a bit dirty in some sections.

SIME: First off I love the spiral egg, its a great idea that helps make this critter stand out. You also have a great painterly style and I like the use of bold shadows.

Arbinn:
    It was great to see this girl evolve in the WIPs section I particularly like the bumps on its head and all the gooey texture surrounding the eggs.

AntiMatty: I think the oozing blue color would have looked a lot better if it had wrapped around this creatureís folds, and since you talked about it being confused with sweat by inexperienced explorers it might have been neat to see some of it pooling in the wrinkles or forming into droplets elsewhere.

Gnahz: Interesting creature although it looks more chiseled and maybe mechanical than organic maybe soften up some of those dark shadows and let a few flow together.

njoo: I love this little girl, for starters she looks so happy. I also thing her obscenely bloated belly is great almost looks like maybe sheíd bounce up and down a bit like a water bed if she was really giddy. I also like how you have her small legs dangle over the mounds of flesh. And the caught rodent is a great touch.

SimoneA.M.
    : I love your description of these creatureís life style and the name is clever as well. The perspective of your creatureís long orange feeding barbs is nice and I think the egg sac its self is done very well. The creature its self though I think could have used some more brainstorming, I just feel like maybe if you explored it a bit more youíd come up with a more unique creature since its still a bit plain.

Mr. Gadbury: You really set up a very interesting scene, thatís more than just a creature in some environment, Iím also curious to know what the human explorers or maybe scientists are doing there and what exactly the story is behind everything. So its a bit disappointing that you donít have any description at all. : /

Pesmerga: Its really nice to see that your creature picked up a bit of an attitude between your first drawing and this one, Iím not sure whether its the evil glimmer in its eyes or something else but its just nice to see it have a bit more character. The green and blue is a nice color combination and its needle like tails are interesting. Two things, its beak could have used a bit of perspective so it looked like it was looking at the viewer instead of looking down and with a tongue that long it would have been cool to see it twisting and turning instead of just hanging down limply.

Kovah: I like the head of your creature and the idea of its eggs popping out of its back. I think I would have liked to see more than just four spaces for the egg to pop out of maybe a longer row or double or triple rows would have been interesting.

Kimliatach:
    Humorous idea but I think your design could have used some more experimentation since it looks pretty close to some sort of normal species of bird like a chicken, turkey type thing.

Skodone:
    Interesting creature, I like the fiery crown of feathers on its head, Iím not sure about the tongue it looks more like it would be good at sucking things than injection, maybe make it look sharper. It looks like maybe you have a spike on the top of it but I canít really tell, if so it doesnít look entirely connected to the tongue.

BlkCelebration:
    I really like this critter. It is a bit sad, and ugly(in a good way) but also oddly cute. The concept behind it is very original and I like its final tail design especially the little greenish hair or spikes on it.

JakkaS: You have a really amazing style; Iíd really like to learn how to have a more painterly effect like your work and youíve also got some really beautiful colors in this piece. Your creature also seems to have a personality about it, which you can see when you look into its eyes. The only thing I donít like is its almost koala like nose.

CharReed
    : I like that you tied or concept in with the real world by mentioning the platypus and also the humorous bit about it being in Australia. I definitely like the improvements you made with the mud.

Marsch: Very interesting head on this creature, thereís something about it that makes me think about the ďpig-lizard thingĒ from Galaxy Quest. Youíve also got a nice balance of having a rather fat body and head but have more elongated neck and tail, it adds some nice variety in body shape while still keeping it overall obese looking. Nice job, next time try to upload a larger sized pic though.

Mr. P Show: Iím having a really hard time telling exactly what your creature looks like. Itís a bit blurry overall and the perspective is not helping things either.

Tmyohlaing: Very interesting creature and I like the idea of the poison spewing holes covering it. Itís another one of those creatureís that stands out from the crowd design wise. I especially like itís many toed feet and itís beard-like mouth parts.

TheHaggard:
    Interesting concept and critter, I really like itís odd face but itís tentacles bother me. They stay about the same thickness when they really should be much thicker at the base especially to hold up such a heavy looking creature.

MEMPER: Your picture really evokes a sense of sympathy in me for the poor Kogia, and I like the incorporation of more mammalian qualities into an egg-laying creature. Also its ovipositor/vulva is delightfully grotesque.

J.R.Barker: Interesting critter with some nice color combinations, although considering that its hands pulling out its egg are one of the first things my eye goes too I would have liked to see a bit more detail in the hands. They still look relatively sketchy and the eggís color blends in too much with the creatureís color.

mythril_golem: Very interesting creature the patches of purplish flesh work nicely and the little details like veins in itís sides are a nice touch too.

MarshallWorks:
    Although your description talks about a symbiotic relationship between two creatures your picture really looks more like one creature to me. Iím also not a fan of the new legs since to me they look inorganic and like robot attachments. I do like the creature, minus itís legs, and the eggs look great.

Darkly: Some awesome looking protective plates on your critter. And I enjoy the fight scene setup between it and the polar bear. Well done.

Artiphats: Your creature is one of my favorites it has a really unique head with some cool patterns covering it too. Iíd strongly recommend against such large black shadows underneath both your creature and itís eggs. Try using a dark brown instead, and donít let the shadows spill out to far it makes your creature look like its almost hovering above your background instead of integrating it.

Steve Marworthy:
    Comically grotesque concept, and the view, oh my gosh, haha. The creature itís self feels a bit simple to me though although it certainly has an interesting nose on it.

dwinbotp:
    Ug Iíd hate to be trapped in a swamp full of those guys. Even though itís a pretty simple blobby design you made it quite effective, the concept behind it is cool too. I especially like how its orifices look sort of like rotten away cavities, great stuff.

Alexjholt: Itís nice to see that you experimented a bit more with your creatureís design, I still adore the half underwater half above water perspective of this picture. The eggs clustered and sticking to the beams of the pier are great too.

Lander:
    I think your critter could use some harder edges as well, it seems a bit blurry in places. I like the second pair of chompers on itís back.

NickTrip: This little guy is another one of my favorites, I like the fact that you made something that is apparently so tiny so fearsome, and the level of detail you put into this is also amazing. Thereís a great sense of texture and I particularly like all the detail in the eggs and the insectís wings. I would have liked to see something that was a bit more different than the average insect though.

In the end my vote goes to njoo, great style, wonderfully bloated creature, and the thing continues to make me smile even though Iím a rodent lover (RIP poor mouse) I also really love the extra details like green slime trailing onto the floor.

32. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to GoldenSerpent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for GoldenSerpent, your piece just made me sit up and say "WOW"! I liked the explaination too, I felt it was really well worked. The thing had a desolate spacey feel, and I liked the way you used the luminescence as a lure for ways to feed

njoo, I really liked yours too - the whole style of it certainly captured obese and blue pretty well lol I also liked how you show us how it feeds - I think that is important too.

Jouste, I like your style - I just liked your other composition better lol

I liked some of the other too, but since I've just moved house, I can't stay and comment on them all lol Thanks to everyone who makes the effort each week

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AhkNemet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NickTrip: love your insect. Makes me think of old school MTG cards like Killer Bee and such. I could see yours in there with the other creatures that delivers poison counters.

Lander, dwinbotp, Steve Marworthy & mythril golem: I HATE YOU GUYS. I'M GONNA MAKE NIGHTMARES NOW. Haha, your entries are definitly GROSS. In the good way of course. Great job on the textures there mythril golem.

artiphats: Interesting creature there. I really like that orange/blue thing some of you went with. I would've liked to see a little more depth though. You creature seems evenly light. The perspective is well drawn and all but because of the lighting, it just looks awkward.

darkly: Not bad! That polar bear really gives a sense of scale. Wow that thing is huge! I don't see what makes it venomous though.

Marshall Works: I really wouldn't want to be the prickly arachnid. :/ Again, I'm enjoying the orange sky and eyes vs the blue mass.

Alexjolt: Yes! Another fish! Haha, good job on the underwater effects. I really suck at that. Your creature's cool but I don't see the venom!

jrbarker: Took me a while to understand what I was seeing and where its head was. The creature's nice. But I think green or purple over red would have been better (to indicate venomous properties I mean)

Memper: Aaawww, that poor thing looks like it's suffering. Great textures.

theHaggard: Oh I like the capsule thing with spikes. Interesting concept.

tmyohlaing: now that's a badass creature you don't wanna mess with! How does it manage to see or hear?? It doesn't seem to have any eyes or ears.

Mr. P Show.: It's too blurry and bright! I gotta be honest the bright colors and blurriness kinda hurts my eyes. It's unfortunate because when I look at it from distance, the design is actually pretty good.

Marsch : Not bad but we can't make up much of its arms or head! Are those teeth?! Where are his eyes?? Doesn't look too obese nor venemous either.

CharReed : I see the improvement from the wips thread. But the pose looks really stiff. It almost looks like a frozen statue! Its tail, head and arms are all pointing in a straight line. I would've liked to see a little more distortion. You know, movement. Maybe its tail and head could have pointed in opposite directions.

JakkaS : Stunning piece. Incredible rendering. I like everything about it but unfortunately it doesn't look venomous at all!! Yup, you really dropped the ball on this one. I'm just teasing you of course.

BlkCelebration : Wow, I like the rendering a lot! The concept, the expression, the bg and the orange egg. Yeah, I think this one is one of my favorites.

kodone : Damn he looks pissed. I'm a bit confused about his belly and feet though.

kimliatach: Haha, yours really made me laugh. Heck, you could use it as a car!

kovah: So it's shooting eggs from its back? I like the textures and reflection you did there. I'm not good at neither of those! But just like CharReed's piece, I think your guy looks a bit stiff.

Pesmerga: NOT OBESE ENOUGH DAMN IT!You screwed the proportions again and tried to make it too symmetrical dude! You could have made that tongue swing a bit instead of just hang there! The background is boring and simple and you really screwed the eggs! And what's up with the green nails? Ugh, go practice boy. You suck!

Mr. Gadbury : Hey, isn't that guy in Star Wars or something? Hehe. You got the massiveness alright. The pile of eggs and the humans give a sense of scale. And the steam/smoke gives that feeling of pollution/venom. Good job. I would have liked a bit of description there. The context looks interesting.

SimoneA.M.: So cute! I have a thing for fishes for some reason. I like the orange blue colors. A little too simple maybe. I don't know, a bit of textures would have helped.

njoo: Well, you stole the Dragon one so I'm certainly not voting for you, MISTER. Ok, I admit it: I'm just jealous of your style. ou got any tutorials available?? I could use a few hints lol.

gnahz: Nice concept. Just like Simone though, I think it lacks a bit of texture.

AntiMatty : That smile is contagious. Your creature is a bit simple and I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the green there. Are those drops or sweat?

Arbinn : Again, I just love the way it came out. I'm really jealous of your textures! you got that liquid effect going on too. Really cool. One of my favs.

SIME : That looks like a mecha lol. Nicely done. I'm not sure what's going on on his back there but I'm not sure I wanna know! Haha.

GoldenSerpent : Definitely one of my favs. Contrast, lighting, colors, composition and textures. Yup, great all around.

bluez3023: Interesting concept. I would have liked to see it taken a bit further though. More volume, depth and textures.

Crustibian: Another cute creature lol. It looks pretty funny. But seriously I like the colors in your bg a lot.

David79: Badass monster about to poop on!!1 Cool design and colors. Not really obese though.

lkjhgfdsa: Wow, very original! Although it's obviously a venomous creature, it kinda looks like a candy lol. Makes me hungery. But seriously I love it.

Steve Somers: omg fur!!! I think you're one of the few members who actually made a furry creature. I think it came out really nice. Especially with the bg. Not sure why there's a ghost though.

jouste: great piece, I love it. Although for some weird reason I kinda preferred your previous version. Don't ask me why..

Tre3 : I like the wings idea you had there. Unfortunately, the pale colors and blurriness make your piece look really dull. Don't be afraid to go into darker colors! And also the face could have used a little more sharpness.

Good job everyone! Boy, this Cow sure was a PAIN IN THE ASS!!! hahaha! Get it? Ok, sorry about that.

So hum.. For my vote I'm actually still undecided. It's between jouste, lkjhgfdsa, GoldenSerpent, Arbinn, njoo, BlkCelebration, JakkaS and NickTrip. Those are my favorites. Now I know I'm not voting for njoo, Golden Serpent nor Jakkas since they'll probably get the most votes anyway. I think I'll give my vote to BlkCelebration or NickTrip. Just cuz I like the underdogs haha.

Last edited by Pesmerga; August 14th, 2009 at 03:14 AM.

36. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Pesmerga For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tre3-I wouldn’t want to meet this badass in a dark Alley! Try limiting the number of highly saturated colours in your palette and the special areas will pop even more.

Jouste-Cool style man. It has a lot of charm.

Steve Somers- hehe…arousal eh?
    Cool details on the web and hair. I like the hanging egg concept. I think a bit more shading or highlighting on one side could give your trees more form.

Lkjhgfdsa-cool brushstrokes on the body. Your background colour is clashing a bit with the magenta on the creature. I tried a simple palette tone and it works great. Let me know if you want a before after.

David79-definitely one of the more menacing of the submissions. I think a little less black would help your form show better.

Crustibian-hehe..cute
    bluez3023- I like his face and the plating. The alternating lines and unpainted areas distract from work a bit. I think a second pass cleaning this up would help improve it dramatically.

GoldenSerpent-Great work – got my vote! More variation in star size and density would help give the background some more depth. SIME- A detail texture pass and this was a contender for my vote. Nice reflection and great egg shape. Thanks for the comments; what would you recommend to improve the body?

Arbinn – great slime and egg texture! Your sky colour throws your palette off a little. Shift a little closer to red and desaturate a bit and I think you’ll be a bit happier.

AntiMatty – hehe, great smile! The areas where your outlines and uncolored areas meet are a bit distracting. Also, the streaks in your coloring flatten the form – contour those blue lines and he’ll look even more 3D.

Gnahz – nice thick water

Njoo – crisp shapes. The rodent was a nice touch.

BlkCelebration – I love the colors. This one really captured me.

JakkaS- great work! You were next on my vote. Great sense of weight and texture. Your colours are also spot on. Thanks for sharing! Any suggestions to improve my technique?

theHaggard- great original concept. Your line work is a bit scratchy - more consistency in your brushwork will also help.

Kovah – Thanks! Cool job on the glutton snapper. Nice colour variation in the skin, and controlled background. The reflection in the slime water was a nice touch.

NickTrip – Unique style man. Your eggs look very distinct. Try bringing some more color into your highlights and lighter tones and your colours will have more depth.
    What do you recommend to reduce the flatness in the head? I was trying to set the front of the body further in the distance.

Pesmerga – That’s one pissed off bird! Happy Nightmares

*Paint overs, suggestions welcome! Likewise I can do the same to explain my comments.

Last edited by Steve Marworthy; August 14th, 2009 at 03:40 AM. Reason: spelling error

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steve Marworthy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jakkas: You've got my vote for great execution as well as design.

GoldenSperpent: Yours looked amazing. If only I could vote for two; you'd be one of the votes.

Pesmerga, GoldenSerpent, NickTrip, kovah: Thanks for the critiques guys. Hopefully I'll learn better on the next COW.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work all round peoples.

In the end it came down to Jakkas and Steve Somers for me and I eventually picked Steve Somers. For his fully realised creature. A hard choice as always.
    Of the others I am Particularly fond of in no particular order:
    Jouste's- Bloaty thing.
    Golden Serpent's- beautiful glowing beast.
    Njoo- who has his style down to a fine art.
    Mr. Gadbury - a great, great piece do it again bigger, I want to see more.
    Blk Celebration I like this beast.

Please check out today's character.
    www.365characters.net
    Thank You

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimliatach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lets see.... I would write a lot more crits, but I'm just going to pick out a few favourites, and I'm afriad I'm going to be picky in the sense that I like creatures that look like they'd really work to some degree:

I voted for:
    Golden Serpent Odd as it may sound what really makes me like this is the subtle markings on it, quite often people seem to forget that creatures do have markings on them and choose flat colours which while fine enough, means that when people DO add in markings it just makes them that much more interesting. Ordinarily I might pick up on the improbably tiny legs, but you explained that away well, so its good by me.

Honourable mentions to:
    JakkaS It is absolutely beautifully rendered! I only chose in favour of Goldenserpents over this one in that for me the legs don't quite work for me, the way you've drawn it I don't get the impression they'd be able to move it, its not necessarily the size, but the angles of them in conjunction with the size.. Very picky I know for which I apologise!

and

BLKCelebration Great design, I particularly like the scooped tail! It was only the markings on Goldenserpents that put that in the lead. I am very fond of this though, has massive amounts of character to it!

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexjholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work everyone!
    Thanks to everyone taking the time to crit. There is quite an effort to crit other peoples work.
    Pesmerga: How could you get nightmares from this???
    GoldenSerpent: Yes you are absolutely right. It all came down to the time put into the pic. I'm glad you liked the chompers on it’s back. Tho they didnt really follow this weeks design rules
    NickTrip: Yes blurry it is. I never go the time to upres so it was painted in 1:1. I'll put some more time into my next painting.
    kovah: unfinished yea but thanks for taking the time to crit.

I voted for BlkCelebration since I really liked the design. Always nice to see something that isn't scary with fangs and spikes.

Strong entries by Jakkas, Jouste, Steve Somers, Golden Serpent, Njoo
    Wish I had the time to crit but work is a sledghammer trap rigged over my head sop I better get on with my fake life. Cheers everyone and hope to see you all in the next round.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Lander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jouste
    your comic style and the mood of the piece make it one of my favs too!

Golden serpent

clear case here...Vote goes to you
    i like the style and coloring so much...the blue is so smooth and theres just everything right... and i just had to laugh about the small tiny feet...

njoo
    another awesome design and coloring

Arbinn
    you did put a LOT of work in that one...seem to be one of the perfectionists
    always changin lot of details to make the piece even better!
    well done!

SimoneA.M.
    haven't seen your piece on the WIP i think...though i really like the concept!
    the expression is very funny and i just like the underwater idea..
    well done!

JakkaS
    ur piece was a surprise too! the creature looks so peaceful and chilled!
    i also like that coloring style!

Everybody THANK YOU for all the tips crits and comments!!
    When i look at my piece i see a lot of work still!
    I will try to improve anatomy and rendering next time...the summetry thing on the breast i f**** up... it kinda got outta my hands while drawing...
    try to think of a lot more next time!

wishn everybody a gooood next round and may the best win!

cheers

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skodone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks DeathByChris, GoldenSerpent, Pesmerga, Steve Marworthy

Steve Marworthy: Thanks for the tip, its tricky to get the color to all lay right and look natural. Hopefully I'll get my next one done a little early so I can get some in-progress color tips.
    For yours I think the flatness thing (from my point of view) is really just that the color and value on the top edge of his head is very similar to the sky. (there's a point where it almost appears to blend together). Looking at it again I think it might be the darks around his eye, though. Your creature's eye is much further away than its ass, and your putting the atmospheric distortion on the head, but the darks around the eye are about as dark as it's ass. So maybe lightening them up a bit? Usually shadows in the distance get duller. My two cents. Great piece.

49. The Following User Says Thank You to NickTrip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Iím new over here and Iím certainly not an art expert. Iíve just kind of watched this community for a while and thought it was so cool! I had fun with this and think itís great that Iím able to submit along with all the great talent here. I know how much I appreciated some feedback/critique, so I tried to write a little something for each submitter. Thanks to kovah, NickTrip, GoldenSerpent, Pesmerga, and Steve Marworthy for the comments and critiques. My vote goes to Blkcelebration.
    Tre3: Great idea with the spikes/claws on the wing tips. I can picture this thing swooping out of the sky and impaling itís prey. I would be interested in a description and name for this creature. (Although ďMummaĒ could be a pretty cool name for this thing.) I would darken the shadows a bit. It would really make that head pop out!

jouste: Love it. The cartoon/graphic style is unique in this group. Great style for band and concert posters. Also love the humor.

Steve Somers: Really cool concept and excellent rendering. The life cycle diagram is simple and effective (exactly what a diagram should be). Also the last line in the description ĖHaa! Iím intrigued by the transdimensional forest vapor. Good job.

Lkjhgfdsa: Very nice. Eggs that come out the top and the little grabber arms Ė cool. My favorite part is the stripes. They really give this creature an original look.

David79: Neat Style. I like the hard black outline and the great rich colors.

Bluez3023: Great face on this guy. I picture a mass hatching with a bunch of little barbed backs squirming all over papa. I could see a little more texture in the back plates but really great job overall. Is this thing really big? I picture it about the size of a house.

GoldenSerpent: Beautiful. Wonderful and realistic rendering of light, cool ring pattern, well thought-out concept. What else can I say? Very well done.
    SIME: Eggs that get screwed into the trunks of trees-I totally see the little ďarmsĒ on the back end drilling the eggs in. Really cool! Nice strong light source makes for some really good highlights and shadows.

Arbinn: Nice work. I really like how you showed some of the eggs under the skin and some already broken through. That back area is really great. Slimy and grossóin a good way.

AntiMatty: Good composition. Big grin facing forward, slightly off-center, looks good. I would push the background in one direction lighter or darker. It would help push this guy out a bit. Also, I like the runny look of the secreted poison but I would try to make it follow the form of creature.

Gnahz: Cool creature. Good work on the emission holes along itís back. Nice idea with the fuzzy cocoon-like eggs. Iíd maybe push the obesity a little so itís belly is almost dragging along the ground.

njoo: Now weíre talking obese! Great creature and cool, unique style. I like how your shadows and highlights are sharp distinct shapes. Excellent work.

SimoneA.M.: Very realistic concept. I could believe that an actual creature from pre-Cambrian earth actually lived just like this. I like how you have one of the front barbs coming forward and one fading back. It really demonstrates how they kind of just whip around in the current. Nothing wrong with your colors but I wonder how it would look if you switched the water color and creature color. Kind of a sky blue sea with a paler creature.

Mr. Gadbury: Nice muted and dirty colorÖfits the composition perfectly. What is going on here? My imagination is running wild! Great example of show donít tell. Love it.

Pesmerga: Cool idea. I think a picture of a bunch of ďgreen lanternsĒ above a tree line would look really cool. Kind of like a peacock from hell.

Kovah: Great original idea and good compositionÖthe gaping mouth reminds me of a crocodile sunning itself. The highlights on the ďbeakí really give a sense of how hard and sharp it is. I think it would be kind of cool to swirl some psychedelic colors into itís skin. It would be like itís hallucinogenic toxin is taking effect on the viewer as we approach. (And then, CHOMP!)

Kimliatach: Hilarious. I like the dark blue fringe on itís feathers. I really get a sense of the speed these guys blast off with (itís head and neck leaning back and the blurred speed line). Also - I like your writing style.

Skodone: Nice job on the wings. They have a real translucent look. The feathers on the head are nicely done, as well. Iíd add a little more texture or deeper shadows into the rock formation. Wicked tongue.

BlkCelebration:. One of my favorites. Itís like a realistic cartoon. You have a really fun style. Also , great atmosphere Ė I really feel a storm passing through. The more I look at itóthis one gets my vote. Itís wonderful.

JakkaS: One of my favorites. Totally inspiring. Great concept. Great creature design. Great artistic skill. Those eggs - Iím imagining the sound of popcorn popping as loud as thunder.

CharReed: Definitely an Australian animal. Cool design and I like the sketch showing it out of mating/egg laying season. Nice placement of fat in the neck and shoulders and even the tail! I would maybe bring in a deeper texture for the skin, especially if itís reptilian.

Marsch: Good creepy creature. Iím getting a little lost in the head area. Maybe submit a slightly larger picture next time. I think if you made the background even darker (almost black) it would help this creature stand out. Try squinting at it once and see if you get a sense of what I mean.

Mr. P Show: Neat thick strokes. The blurriness almost makes it seem like itís on the attack and I have no time to take in all the details. Definitely an action shot. I would like to see a more detailed rendering of this creature, also.

Tmyohlaing:. Really cool creature. Nice dramatic background. Looks like a mix of tarantula, blowfish, and porcupine. Good work.

TheHaggard: One of my favorites. Unique creature design and concept. Love the bright colors of the creature and the forest. I really like this one.

MEMPER: Very well done. Nice creature design and rendering. I donít know if itís the human-like pose and expression or the graphic anatomy/process of egg laying, but this one is kind of creepy to me. Maybe itís just the horrible exploitation of the creature. Great job.

J.R.Barker: The reds and yellows work well on this creature. I like how you showed the glow of the eggs through the skin. I can just see it undulating and jiggling and pulling itís eggs out and just whipping them at prey/enemy.

mythril_golem: Greatly gross. I love the wormy looking patches on itís ďarmsĒ. Really well thought-out anatomy. Great dimensional look to it. This thing would fit nicely into the Cthulhu mythos.

MarshallWorks: Emotional support. Ha! Cool idea and design. The row of orange eyes along itís back look great. I wonder if a more defined edge on itís back would tie these two creatures together a little better. Nice work.

Darkly: Cool creature. Iíd love to see it take down a whale! Really nice atmospheric perspective. I think you made a great choice bringing a little yellow/orange/brown into the sky. It adds just a touch warmth and has a real natural look.

Artiphats: I really like this creatureís head frill and all the knobby protrusions. Great skin color and I like your background technique. The hands seem a little too human to me. Just my opinion. Great overall.

Steve Marworthy: Kind of gross but excellently rendered. Great skin texture and just the right backwards glance. Quality work.

dwinbotp: Nice skin texture and coloring and I like the mucus dribbling out of itís egg holes. The eggs themselves look really wonderful.

Alexjholt: I liked this idea from your original sketch. Turned out great. The tension in the composition works well. Is this creature interested in the fisherman for lunch. Hmmmm Nice work.

Lander: Of course a second mouth will make you fatter! Good stuff. Cool pattern and color on the skin.

NickTrip: Very unique style. So detailedÖIím having a hard time describing the look of it. It really is a cool original style. Love it.

51. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Crustibian For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.