Team Chow II: Team Interglacial Chlamydia - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Team Chow II: Team Interglacial Chlamydia

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Character Sketches

I'm finalizing the character design and will soon be starting the color studies/finish.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JailHouseRock2 View Post
    Love this, but I feel some of the anatomy around the arm area in particular is a little to muscular/manly.

And just an idea, but maybe play around with some different skin tones? May be interesting.
    Thanks for the crits yeah the chunkiness has been pointed out already, I think it has to do with the fact that while she should be powerful, her muscles are a bit chunky and she doesn't taper at the wrists and legs as smoothly as a woman should.

I'm going to keep all the crits for the good version in mind and start hammering out the evil version. Once I'm sure the evil one is just about there I'll go back to both and refine them, just so I know I'm not spending time on the finer details of one just to fall behind on the basics of the other

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lunaphobia: I like number 2 and 3 the best! Especially number 2!!!

Heres some variations on mine. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesomeness. For the darker version, I'd go with the one with the hood rather than the one with the face cover. Even though I might be assuming our characters go swimming more than they would, I really wouldn't want a heavy wet cloth over my mouth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @luna; I keep forgetting to tell you that your stuff's looking nice I like the idea of the evil version's head being split or cracked in some way.

-------

Trying to hone in on the evil version's pose. I like the first, hence it being more developed (I'm not happy with her left arm holding the head though) but I also included the second in case there's an overwhelming positive response to it;

Name:  dbad.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  48.2 KB Name:  dbad2.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  26.0 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    good show jolly good!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    solid work you guys, you guys are really bringing it with the awesomenezz!

jason on your good alliance character i think the character looks great and really dig the outdoor lighting; only crit is something with the enviro lighting seems to be slightly inconsistent; like the lightsource looks like it's coming in from the top right to left and there is no cast shadow for the tree and rocks in the bottom right; also the mountain on the left, the reflection of that mountain in the water is done well but if ur lightsource is coming from that direction the value should be slightly lighter, since the water is exposed to the sun; i like the first pose in that last post better, more story going on!

chaotic knight, nice variations in costume design! i like the the 3rd design the best cuz it looks like a cross between a warlock and thief, only crit is to further develop some of the ones you like!

lunaphobia, i diggz the second sketch a lot! nice motion and rhythm going on but also harmonized!

keep up the great works fellas, 2 more weeks and finito!!

TEAM Chönyid bardo!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l bleupencil

9. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the crits snoochy with the cast shadows for the trees and rock; I really wasn't sure how to do a cast shadow on water... is it simply darker? This is my first time rendering water in an imaginary scene, so if anyone has any suggestion for that I'd appreciate it.
    -------------------

Update for evil character. Want to show a slightly different enviro, with her in the middle of a sweltering jungle, descending some rocks after claiming a victim. Would really like crits on anatomy/pose etc, I'd really like to hammer out the kinks in the foundation

Name:  dbadawd.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  81.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Colours. Sorry for the incremental updates, but I'd really like to make sure that any crits can catch stuff early on:

Name:  dbadasd.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  107.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason: The evil ones looking great. Those are some terrifying breasts.

Sorry for lack of updates, been way too busy. Final Evil design, plus start on evil portrait. I'm going straight into the good one to save time instead of doing a design.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaoticKnight For This Useful Post:

Razorleaf is offline "Moving Forward" each and every day :) Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, I love your choice of color for your evil counterpart, nice!

"Creativity emerges only when the imagination is given the freedom it deserves."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

In progress...

These are the pieces in progress so far. The good version is almost finished, I still have to light it and photograph it. For the evil version, I still need to work with the background and possibly add some more growth to the figure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick update on the bad. Need to get started on good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fricken sweet guys

CK: only crits so far would be the foreshortening on his feet doesn't seem right, or maybe both could just be bigger
    -------------

My "almost there" for the evil version. I'm going to let any crits for this roll in while I work on fixing up the good version with the crits I've received:

Name:  dbaddss.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  142.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh shnap, suhweet lighting on the last post jason!! only crit is the front foot is looking a tad small compared to the backfoot, think the backfoot looks fine just the front might need some resizing

Luna the elemental char is cool as heck, looking forward to seeing some more rendering on it!

Chaotic nice job on the lighting and mood! I think the legs could use a little work; it looks the legs are forward in space and the body based on the stomach plane is facing out about 45 degrees, think the legs should also convey slight twist to compensate for the way the upper torso is positioned.

Great work fellas keep at it almost there, woohoo!!

TEAM Chönyid bardo!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

19. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks snootchy
    ---------

Ok guys, crunch time. I volunteer to write up the team activity report. I can also be the one to collect and submit the pieces if you guys are too busy. We should be completely done and ready to submit by sunday just in case.

Remember when posting your final to include a write-up about each version of the character I'm not sure whether I want to also post my musings on the game world or not, depends.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your team is carrying the fire! In both the crotch and in preparation and amount of crazy ass awesome thumbnails

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are my final images for the good and evil version of my character. The character is an interpretation of a healer with human characteristics, but formed by ocean debris and coral. Where the good healer allows life to thrive, the evil version of the same character is corrosive and destructive. While formed from the same substances, each version of the character takes on different characteristics in shape and motion. The pieces were created with cut paper, collage, watercolor and ink.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunaphobia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome Luna I had no idea what effect you were going to go for with the lighting you mentioned but it turned out great.
    I'm not sure if this is mandatory but could you do me one favour... could you give him a name?

Here's the thumbnail I created for our team (apparently mandatory)

Name:  thumbchow.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  23.4 KB

And the final for my good version:

Name:  dgood.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  195.1 KB

Evil version is just about done, I'm just touching up a few things here and there. Should be done today.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oooh y'all going the extra mile and i likes!!! Luna that coral reef character rocks, luv the nice flowing lines that permeate throughout the character!

Jason looks great only crit here is the right arm in our view there seems to be a transparent streak, was trying to decipher if it was part of the mountain or the forearm, i circled it on here to show ya what i'm talking about. The lighting on the evil version is sooo badarse man i luv that one the best!!

TEAM Chönyid bardo!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

26. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason- your pieces look great!! You created interesting lighting effects in both and all the little details really bring the character together.

I think my character will henceforth be named Gaius- unless you guys have any suggestions.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunaphobia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are really cool, very different from anything I'da thought up.

Jason if you want crits, I think you could really benefit from popping in higher saturation into your little armor swirlies, if you know what I mean. On the last one for example, Maybe on the blue armor you could try a saturated blue/green design pattern, just as an accent, or on the weapon try a saturated red design element, maybe a ripped cloth hanging off at various parts. Last nitpicky thing would probably be a darker shadow beneath the strap holding her clamshell and add just a tiny sliver of cast shadow below the leg thing, I personally just find that any spot you can find to add cast shadows really bring out the forms of everything.

Also with the other character you could benefit from popping in more saturation, don't be afraid to experiment with the stuff just open a new layer and plop on sometimes even the most saturated color you can get and see if you find anything, maybe glowing markings in the armor or inside the weapon, you've put so much attention to the detail it could use a little more color to really bring attention to it.

Other than the crits, im really jealous of your anatomy and environment painting skillz

hope any of this helped

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    History of Sea Evles

Sea Elves (Mare Altus Magi), sometimes referred to in the derogatory as “Sea Monkeys,” are the descendants of Old World Elves (Altus Magi Vetus) living in and around the Cracian Bay. Notable physiological differences from their western cousins include lesser gill slits in the neck, water-adapted eyes, a more athletic build and elongated ears pulled more flush to the head which also feature lateral lines along their lengths.

The true origin of the Sea Elves has been clouded by the tumultuous and sporadic settling of Crace by the western races. War, constant tribal migration and simple lack of records during ancient times ensured that the initial emergence and reception of the new race would not be known to current scholars. The Elves’ own mythical account for their creation revolves around their legendary hero Madir and his dealings with the eastern sea goddess Alyssia. After supposedly leading his people east, Madir and his tribe separated from the greater elven population, settling in the remote south-eastern regions of the southern islands. Here he fell in love with Carisis, a woman from an unidentified race of people. When both the elves and the unknown race discovered their love, Madir was stripped of his ruling title, his love with a foreign race deemed a crime against nature. He was held in a watery cave to await his execution. Carisis suffered a similar fate, being cast out of her village. The night before his execution, Madir was visited by an old woman in a cloak. She told the guards that she wished to torture Madir with her magic instead of letting him die a swift death. The guards, eager at the though of his pain, left the old woman alone with him. As they left Carisis removed her cloak and embraced her lover. Madir was overjoyed to see her one last time but was also horrified, for she would surely be caught and killed as well. Carisis said that she could not live without him, and would rather die by his side. As they cried in each others’ arms, Alyssia, eastern goddess of the sea and its life, had been watching their story unfold. She was so struck with their love that she decided and intervention was necessary. She was borne from her coral palace on the back of a shell pulled by two huge fish, and was straightaway present in front of Madir and Carisis. Alyssia promised that she would free them from the cave and allow them to live a life together, though she warned them that they would not longer be welcome in the lands of elves.

The lovers both cried yes, and with a flash Alyssia was gone. Madir and Carisis stood confused, wondering why they were still in their rocky prison. Gradually they felt the urge to enter the deep waters further in the cave. Madir knew the winding maze of rock and coral underneath would allow them time enough to escape before drowning, but their instincts pulled them so strongly they both dove into the black waters. Even though there was no light to be seen, the two noticed that they were able to navigate their midnight maze with ease. More amazing, they felt no urgent need to draw breath, and were able to remain under water until they finally found an exit. Crawling onto a beach in the morning light, they could finally see what Alyssia had done to them: They had new eyes, able to see clearly in the weater; their ears were thicker and longer, and had a sensitive line that could sense movements in the darkest of seas; their throats had small gills that, while not totally negating their need for breath, could extend their stay under the waves. Lastly, they could see their bodies were much stronger than the lithe elves, and could propel them through the ocean far swifter than any other swimmer. Legend has it that they are the ancestors of every other sea elf.

While the story is largely regarded as myth, the idea of forced exile echoes the fate of the early sea elves, as they too were shunned by most races, especially their elven kin. Those who are prejudiced against sea elves often point to the story’s mention of a love affair with an unknown race as evidence that the sea elves were born from bestial relations between elves and fish.

Sea elves today are, at least officially, not a segregated race in the Cracian Confederation. They are however often maligned and despised by western elves.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ that was just so I can link to lore.

Luna, I'm taking the liberty of just filling our Gauis' character sheet (so all of our characters have a similar layout) when the final is posted in the final burning thread, if you see anything that you want changed or removed just let me know

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haldis - Earthen Mage/Mage assassin

Haldis was a Demigod, a guardian spirit of stone and earth. Thousands of years before most races had even been seen in the world, he dwelt in the mountain named Nishtha, the highest mountain in the world. Inside the mountain's core, he resided in Crystal form, protecting the world and its nature.

Then the Dwarves came, burrowing deep into the mountain, and the mountains surrounding Nishtha. In it's death throes, Nishtha broke Haldis from his crystalline form, and placed his spirit in the form of man, and then caved in upon itself. To this day Nishtha is not alive, nor inhabitable, just a lifeless rock that crumbled in upon itself.

Haldis lived among humans in the west for many years, confused about his origins and the fact that he did not age as the other men did. He found that he had a strange fascination and closeness with nature, and eventually found the dryads on one of his many trips into the hills.

The dryads knew who he was immediately, sensing the power within him, and told him of his true destiny and power. In his youthful nature, more in mind and experience than in body, he let his anger overcome him before he was ready. He was repelled from the land in his attempt to attack the dwarves.

Since this time, Haldis has become isolated in the far corners of the world, staying near sand and water. He found water to be a willing ally, and so he stayed by it to meditate and learn what he could by himself.

ALIGNMENT DIVERGENCE:

Good: Haldis became closer to the earth. He found a true power not only in his own element, but in the other elements of nature, especially fire and its ability to pierce even the darkest places of the world. His skin became like stone, and the powers of the elements burned within him. He sought allies to aid in the restoration of the world, for if the Crace was not saved soon, no one would be alive to share it.

Evil: Haldis brooded as he meditated. He loathed the dwarves and the other races for being so blind to the truth. All he sought was destruction, for the only way to save the world would be to purge it of the disease known as the other races. He became filled with the power of water, drowning his spirit in a sea of hate, and his skin and his soul became as hard and lifeless as the dead Nishtha. He went back to the west with a group of like-minded individuals bent on destruction and death, and used the darkness to destroy all that threatened his world.

Last edited by ChaoticKnight; August 31st, 2009 at 05:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.