Results 1 to 13 of 79
Thread: Team Chow II :: Sad Panda
August 1st, 2009 #1
Team Chow II :: Sad Panda
So here's the sketchbook for Sad Panda, the team that ran out of cookies. This team includes Tiki Snakes, FalyneVarger & Morgalahan
I think I may shamelessly copy Daestwen and reserve this spot for the Final Work.
For now, the Team Chow topic and information:
TEAM CHOW II: GOOD AND EVIL
This month's Team Chow is going to be a little different! This time, we are creating fantasy portraits for player characters - with good and evil versions! It's both a wide open brief and a very strict one! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a random team from the options given to you below, and to create 4-8 fantasy portraits that read well together and still look awesome separately. Thus, as a team, you must create a compatible 'look' for your characters.
ConceptArt.Org is going to be running game design activities and it is our hope that some of these characters could really inspire people doing activities on the other parts of the site too! Fuel for their fire so to speak. :]
Also, Jason has allowed me to offer you some fabulous prizes!
The winning team will get four downloads of their choice each and a pass to an upcoming live streaming course right here on conceptart.org!
Also, individuals within teams are also up for a prize! These will be given for leadership, and for extra effort in making great characters. This prize will consist of four downloads and the pass to attend ca live streaming event.
On to the nitty-gritty:
Here are the rules!
1. Teams of two MUST create at least 4 portraits, teams of three or four need 6 and teams of five need 8. You are perfectly welcome to create more images that the requirement if you feel your team is up to it.
2. You must take a random selection of the choices below. Please don't do 4 elven fighters, or only orcs, for example. Please take a randomized selection. If you would prefer me to give your team a specific assignment, I will generate the selection for you. If I see teams doing more select parties, then I will request you to change to something more random.
3. You must follow the format provided. See it below, please!
4. You must do a LIGHT and a DARK version for each character, please! This means that for each character you need two portraits.
5. You must submit a paragraph about each character. Do a short write up for each character you create. I want to see some interesting, stereotype-breaking stuff here, folks!
PLEASE SELECT ONE OF EACH CATEGORY FOR EACH CHARACTER.
Gender: Male / Female
Race: Human / Elf / Half-Elf / Dwarf / Orc - (and anything else you can think of!)
Class: Fighter (Barbarians, Knights, Dark Knights, Brawlers, etc) / Thief (Assasins, Rogues, etc)/ Spell Caster (Wizards, Sorcerers, Druids, etc) / Healer (Priest, Cleric, White Mage, Medic, etc) - (feel free to make up something for this, too)
Alignment: Good / Evil (please do both for each character)
YES, THESE LOOK LIKE STEREOTYPES. IT IS YOUR JOB TO BREAK THEM. I want to see some really interesting, kick ass stuff!
Okay, NOW GO!
The Final Burning Thread will go up ONE WEEK before deadline. The deadline will be August 31st, at 11:59 pm GMT - 4, Eastern Daylight Time. I will accept submissions as long as it is August somewhere in the world, but after this I will close the thread. I am going to give myself 1-2 days to then sort out the poll and the voting, so please be patient.
1. One team member will be in charge of submitting the final entry. How the entry is presented will be up to you, but keep it consistent and coherent.
2. Remember that you will need to submit wips. If you decide to make a group sketchbook for this activity, a link to that will suffice.
3. Also sumbit a list of Team Activity. I want to see how well you worked as a team - who was in charge of what and what each member did.
4. All other ChoW rules apply. If you are not familiar with the usual chow rules, please read the guidlines thread sticked at the top of the subforum. Including, 3/4ths rule, no paint-overs, etc.
5. Please submit files with this naming convention: TeamChow_TeamName_Image001.jpg
6. Please keep to the format of the image below. We're gonna be a little bit more strict about presentation this time - each portrait should be portrait-aligned, like so, and the figure about as big as the one you see below. Full bodied figures, please.
Last edited by morgalahan; August 7th, 2009 at 09:33 AM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberAugust 2nd, 2009 #2
well, I may as well post some updates. We're painting characters that should be fantasy D&D themed, since we're both major D&D fans. Tiki is doing a sorcerer, and I'm doing a magic and sword fighter. So far, Tiki's sketched his character and I've created a rough version of it.
I dare say that these are rough as rough can be, just character sketches and ideas. I'll get my character up at some point as well. I expect major evolutions to follow.
August 2nd, 2009 #3
August 2nd, 2009 #4
August 4th, 2009 #5
August 5th, 2009 #6
August 6th, 2009 #7
The Following User Says Thank You to ImaGEEnation For This Useful Post:
August 6th, 2009 #8
August 6th, 2009 #9
I'm peeking in too! Awww, don't be sad, panda! :3
You're doing what you can, and that effort is great! You have an interesting way of showing the good and evil characters. The evil one at the moment has a much more powerful "glow" going on, where the good character has a softer look, and is smiling rather kindly! Nice contrast!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jazz For This Useful Post:
August 7th, 2009 #10
Thanks Jazz, it's really nice to know that there are actually people who look =P My personal opinion about good and evil is that it doesnt always have to be glaringly obvious. Sometimes it's about expression, body language, or even more subtle things. =D
Yay! Sad Panda has a new team member! Woot! Welcome to the team FalyneVarger!
On a side not, I really think we outta try and work like this team did. So, we should all create our characters i.e. design them then we pass them around so that everyone can work on them. That way we'd get a unified style so that everything looks good.
August 7th, 2009 #11
Glad to be here! >D
So I'm thinking about a female elven archer character. I'll do some sketches tomorrow and we can sift through them.
August 7th, 2009 #12
August 7th, 2009 #13